[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does everybody hate him when his family is so much worse?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 305
Thread images: 24

File: Jerry_Smith.png (256KB, 688x1012px) Image search: [Google]
Jerry_Smith.png
256KB, 688x1012px
>Beth would let the world burn for an afternoon with her dad and would be in denial when he shoots a crying baby
>Morty would plummet an entire galaxy in a hellish void if it means pleasing a hot girl
>Summer would turn the world into an apocalyptic nightmare if it means she could escape her problems and be an even more edgy version of Rick

The worst thing Jerry has done is made a bunch of people on Pluto mad. Yet he's always the bad guy.
>>
Jerry is a lazy, egotistical, parasitic piece of shit, and his utter cowardliness would be somewhat excused if he added any kind of financial or intellectual worth to the family, which he didn't.
>>
Actually the thing on Pluto was good because he told the truth.

Honestly, Jerry isn't that bad. He's had more redemption than any other character in the show. People just hate him because 'LOL DON'T BE A JERRY! BE A RICK! WUBBALUBBADUBDUB'.
>>
>>95332859
Didn't he have an advertising job until Rick brought his alien battle to earth? And didn't he get a job and ended up having to support the family until Rick came at the start of season 3?
>>
>>95332859
Still better than mass murder
>>
>>95332883
Jerry lost his ad job on his own, and he got the galactic federation job because they needed someone pathetic and dumb like him.
>>
>>95332868
why would anybody want to be a jerry tho?

i'd rather be a wubbalubbadubdub
>>
>>95332919
So you're saying he has had two better jobs than you and Rick combined?
>>
>>95332883
jerry thinks HUNGRY FOR APPLES is actually a good marketing campaign

he lost his job on his own
>>
>>95332792
Jerry is NOT always the bad guy, he's even worse. He is an extra luggage in the family that only serves to hold them back at every opportunity. When Rick became temporarily retarded, did Jerry soften up and try to treat him kindly like when Doofus Rick gave him a chance? No, he took full advantage of Rick's weakness.

Jerry is a parasite that longs to be the predator, that's all that needs to be said.
>>
>>95332859

Isn't Jerry consistently shown to step up when the chips are down?

His problem is that the world has been shitting on him so long that he just accepts it now.
>>
>>95332980
Let's be real, that's no worse than "badabababaaa I'm lovin it".
>>
How come when he stood up to his wife for allowing a dangerous maniac back into their lives the show portrays him as a loser?
>>
>>95332792
Reddit-tier losers love Rick because its how they imagine themselves, and hate Jerry with a passion, because he's how they really are (even though he's not even a bad person, just a bit pathetic)
>>
>>95332983
>worst serial killing monster in human history becomes temporarily vulnerable

>oh gosh, better be nice to him
>>
>>95333025
I don't get that either. Especially since Beth and Summer somehow hate him for not standing up despite the fact that that's why he's divorced in the first place.
>>
>>95332792
I honestly can't remember anything terrible that Jerry has done. Im sure hes done somethings but everything everyone else has done is far worse than what Jerry could ever do on his own. At his worst he's just a slightly below average joe who always has to deal with his family's shit. Mostly because of Rick. If anything Jerry is the most sane person is his whole family. He doesn't deserve anything that happens to him. I don't see how hes UH FUCKIN PARASITE like>>95332859
and >>95332983
are saying.
>he took full advantage of Rick's weakness
He just messed with him a little. Rick has destroyed entire worlds without a second thought and destroyed his marriage. So what if he jabs him a little.
Also this >>95333003
>>95333054
so much of this.
>>
File: 1498234512255.jpg (22KB, 232x255px)
1498234512255.jpg
22KB, 232x255px
Because it's "funny". You have to understand, the "le leddit xd" community likes this kind of character, because it makes them feel better, to laugh at someone's else miserable life and existence.

They could've made him so much better. Most of his problems are plausible, and even relatable if you've been in a similar situation, where you want to accomplish something, but someone else better or smarter keeps stealing away what little thing you have in your life, or even if things just don't work out.

Jerry was created to be mocked, to be thrown away when no longer needed, to be a laughing stock, so that Rick can shine more.

Remember that episode where Beth and him saw a diferent version of themselves, but still, at the end of the day, went back to each other? Well, the writters don't.
>>
>>95332792
I watched an interview where either Dan or Justin said his biggest flaw is thinking good intentions are good enough and backing down when shit hits the fan.

Morty is spineless until it matters then finds his balls, where Jerry is ballsy until he's challenged at all and then he cowers.

I think the main reason people hate Jerry is they know they are Jerry.
>>
Wait, if Reddit thinks it's funny to pick on a buttmonkey like Jerry or Yamcha then why do they hate it when Family Guy picks on Meg.

Is it because she's a girl?
>>
What's with Dan Harmon and this kind of character anyway? Half of community past a certain point was just shitting on britta and/or chevy chase
>>
>>95333203
probably. bullying a boy is hilarious (unless he's gay) but bullying a girl is unacceptable.
>>
>>95332792
Jerry is a parasitic bastard. He'd sell any member of his family just to live 20 minutes more. But that doesn't excuse how shitty all of them are.

The piece of shit genome lives through them.
>>
>>95332980
Only because he was ran though a simulation where it did work. Which was Rick's fault.
>>
Because people prefer assholes to boring.
>>
>>95333246
Yeah, but what he does is human and reasonable enough from a certain point of view. His family is from hell.
>>
File: 1495381988254.png (273KB, 770x270px)
1495381988254.png
273KB, 770x270px
>>95332792
Jerry's actually my favorite character come S3. Morty's a jaded, desensitized asshole, Beth is a fucking travesty of a mother that latches onto her dad like a parasite, Rick is Rick and Summer's never been of note. Jerry is the only guy in this goddamn show that is comparable to a normal human being. I want him to succeed after 3 seasons of getting fucking tossed around.
>>
>>95333307
He won't though. His upcoming girlfriend will likely be abusive and he'll still be dragged kicking and screaming to his old family.
>>
>>95333138
But they wrote an episode where he became a Cronenberg killing badass when shit hit the fan
>>
>>95333349
And now he's a frozen savage.
>>
>>95333349
It's easy to kill things that are weaker than you, but imagine if Jerry had to cross a cronenberg infested ocean to find a cure or some shit?
he couldn't do that, just like a regular grunt in the army couldn't command platoons and shit.
>>
I don't know how people can shut on for messing with while he was temporarily retarded when we have quite literally seen Rick cause the Apocalypse once.
>>
>Jerry's a parasite
>Rick literally dropped in one day unannounced, started living with the family by preying on his daughter's need for any kind of affection and puts them in constant mortal danger. Already destroyed the world once but just dimension hopped to a world where nobody knew Jerry was 1000% right about him being bad news

Rickfags are insufferable
>>
>>95333383
>It's easy to kill things that are weaker than you,
Dafaq are you talking about? When it started they were giant mantis monsters.
>>
>>95332919
He got the job because he had to pay for those antidepressants
>>
Jerrys fear the Rick.
>Being a Jerry apologist
People who defend Jerry feel that they are being directly insulted by the show because they are a Jerry themselves.
>>
>>95333514
Jerry being pathetic doesn't mean he still isn't a better person that Rick.

I'd rather spend my life around people I consider pathetic that a single person I consider amazing but amoral.
>>
>>95333514
"The Rick" does not exist in real life. "The Rick" is a projection by people who think that writing for television sitcoms makes them a genius
>>
File: 1484153967993.gif (858KB, 240x228px)
1484153967993.gif
858KB, 240x228px
S03 Jerry is the most sympathetic character
>no one loves him, possibly not even his kids
>just wants his kids to be alright
>gets effectively banished for wanting his family safe
>Rick pseudo-psychologies him into thinking he's "a predator leech" because he still resents Jerry for impregnating his daughter
>Rick subsequently dismisses an actual psychologist from deconstructing his character because dude fuck you I'm a space lord
S01-02 Jerry was irritating but he was still down to earth and quickly realized his faults and limitations and admitted them openly.
He didn't ignore his issues, he didn't bottle them up and continue to make the same terrible decisions like Rick and Beth do.

I foresee a redemption arc for him if not this season then by the next.
Also it's painfully obvious eye-patch Morty is "Rickest Rick's" original Morty.
>>
>>95333560
>>95333616
>Typical Jerry posters.
How does it feel that you only hurt yourself more defending yourselves?
>>
File: 1478176367558.jpg (210KB, 1280x720px)
1478176367558.jpg
210KB, 1280x720px
>>95333514
if you haven't noticed even Ricks can be Jerry's.
>>
>>95333647
False he has a job.
>>
>>95333717
*Had* a job.
>>
>>95333787
Technically still has a job but it's enslavement. That Rick was influence by a speech from evil Morty too.
>>
File: 1494829604466.jpg (115KB, 720x404px)
1494829604466.jpg
115KB, 720x404px
>>95333003
yep.
Jerry is the most human and well-adjusted which in that family makes him the odd-one out.
He knows his faults, he's self-conscious but still tries to keep his family safe and be a role model.
He swallowed his pride and admitted the truth to the plutonians because he saw Morty in a plutonian child.
He feels immense guilt about impregnating Beth because he didn't want to hold her down.
Let's not forget how he manned up and fought the cronenburgs (you could technically argue this isn't the same Jerry though).

But of course since Rick is so smart he can talk circles around this average joe and make him feel even worse, Rick dishes out the same crap the psychiatrist dishes him in pickle rick.
>>
>>95333812
Is it really a job when he doesn't know what's going on?
>>
>>95333832
>He feels immense guilt about impregnating Beth because he didn't want to hold her down.
Reminder: Beth is holding Jerry down. She may not be a real surgeon, but she is still leading a somewhat successful job. Jerry would have been 1000x more successful than both normal Beth AND human surgeon Beth.
>>
File: 1474484334322.jpg (14KB, 315x324px)
1474484334322.jpg
14KB, 315x324px
>>95333884
you're not wrong
>I'm just going to keep you emotionally hostage with my psychotic sci-fi dad by continually guilting you for the consensual unprotected sex we both took part in and my own failed aspirations, oh and to make sure you never, ever gain any self-esteem I'm going to keep threatening to leave only to immediately take you back over and over until I finally force you to leave on your own accords left a shell of a man and away from our children
>>
>>95333941
thats actually a good point, they never really present that perspective to you though, its almost always framed as Jerry being the one at fault
>>
>>95333941
It's not just Beth and Rick. Morty and Summer are just as bad.
>>
>>95333841
yes

a lot of people work at jobs where they don't know what's really going on at the top
>>
>>95333514
On the contrary, people who hate Jerry with a passion worry that they are him.
>>
>>95334298
Yeah but this guy is in some sort of stasis.
>>
Isn't it implied that Jerry was raped in one scene?
>>
>>95334509
When?
>>
>>95334509
Nevermind, It's been implied 3 times.

This season really likes torturing rape victim men.
>>
>>95334614
During the Titanic episode, when Beth and Jerry are packing up. Beth comments that Lucy, the maid lady, didn't look like a rapist. Jerry responds with
>Well, what does a rapist look like Beth?

And then proceeds to describe a specific looking guy while looking traumatized, but then quickly brushes it off when Beth looks at him weird.
>>
>>95334639
>3 times
Oh shit, when are the other two times?
>>
>>95332792
The rest of the family are terrible people, but they are active people with their own goals and desires that they actually strive and take action to accomplish. In comparison Jerry is barely even a person, he just floats along in everyone elses' wake whining and moaning and trying to bum money and emotional validation off them. That's what makes him so insufferable.
>>
Here's hoping the Jerry does move on, get a girl friend, and actually gets a kick ass life and gives Rick the Finger, but is still good enough of a dad to love Morty and Summer despite everything. But he still tells Beth to fuck off which causes her to downward spiral further into being a bad mom and a terrible person, knowing that Jerry is better than her.

And Rick will probably do something to fuck him over just for the principle of it. THEN try to blame it as Jerry's fault with more fake-psychological talk.
>>
>>95334657
>What does a rapist look like exactly Beth? Is it a (selodic?) man wearing a denim jacket with a patchy beard and the sent of cheap champagne wafting over his blister pocked lips?". Jerry also becomes uncomfortable after continuing.

>When Beth and Jerry want to move Rick out to a nursing home in the first episode Jerry says "well now you can build baskets and watch Paul Newman Movies on VHS and mentally scar the boy-scouts every Christmas". Beth asks "what does that mean?", and Jerry simply replies "It's personal".
>>
>>95334758
Oh shit. It was staring us in the face but since it was Jerry, and the show has a habit of hyperbole talking.
>>
What about Jerrys parents? They seemed to have moved past caring about Jerry as well at this point.
>>
>>95335130
Nah, they're just living it large with Jerry's Bruncle.
>>
>>95335171
he has a point, they are living it large while their son spirals into despair nowhere in sight during all of it
>>
>>95335247
Fair enough.
>>
>>95333054
This.
>>
>>95333025
to be fair that how real women act, especially in marriage. Everything is the husbands faullt and they refuse to be held responsible, even when they do admit some fault they'll still turn it around and blame it on the husband for not being a "man" and controlling them, even tho in the reverse situation they would call the husband an abuser/control freak for not letting them do as they please despite the obvious consequences of letting them go through with there actions.
>Tl;Dr traps are better
>>95333054
also this
>>
>Beth's biggest issue is her abandonment by Rick
>she tortures Jerry threatening to abandon him and eventually does choose her father over him
it's like poetry, it rhymes
>>
>>95335130
That reminds how the fuck did try and make Jerry the bad guy in the Christmas episode?

Jerry: I just want my family to spend time together on Christmas
The writers:Well fuck you your dad's a cock and your wife and daughter will smugly mock you for it.
>>
>>95335469
>cock
Cuck.
Bitchass auto correct.
>>
File: 1496911736382.jpg (10KB, 236x294px)
1496911736382.jpg
10KB, 236x294px
>he was the only one who could love Jerry for who he is
>>
>>95335469
plus their parents were bringing an uninvited guest to a christmas meal and what is more their its his mother lover who has never been introduced to Jerry by this point

they brought their bedroom arrangement into a family setting without okaying it with their son and his family first, they were being assholes
>>
>>95335520
>"Doofus Rick"
>never acts like any thing but a genuine bro
>still treated like shit by other Ricks
>not personally impressed with R2D2 coins but points out its not his opinion on them that matters
>invents fucking ovenless brownies at Jerrys suggestions
>could literally earn him thousands, if not millions
>would probably share the profit with co-creator Jerry
>obviously still a scientific genious even if not quite on the level of other Ricks
>probably just needs the prompting to try rather than get shit on by "genius" Ricks

Jerry and him should seriously just move in together and then retire as best friends for life off the proceeds of their confectionary science products.
>>
>>95332792

He's not a Chad.
>>
>>95335762
This is Rick and Morty, no one gets a happy ending.

Jerry would find out some stupid thing with Doofus Rick and it would ruin the company/friendship.

I'm not saying this should happen, just that the writers would make these choices because muh nihilism
>>
>>95333025
Because at some point Roiland realized that he is a Jerry and hates himself for it so he takes it out on the character
>>
>>95332792
No one likes a betapill.
Rick got him kicked from the family just to show Morty how easy it is to control women's minds.
>>
>>95332792
I hate him because his gimmick works so well he has an army of white knights in real life. I hate him because I wish I could take the sad sacks that see themselves in him to fucking Funhappy Land and so they'll stop being such miserable pieces of shit feeling sorry for themselves for five minutes. Those people need to lighten the fuck up and stop being such goddamn weenies.
>>
>>95332792
He's a coward. Nobody likes cowards. C-137 Jerry at least manned up when shit hit the fan and became a complete alpha.
>>
>>95336069
Joke is everyone a coward too but they hide from it by pointing out Jerry's faults
>>
>>95336048
the whole "he leeches off of people by being pityable" would make more sense if literally everything didnt actually treat him like shit

if thats his gimmick then it sure as hell isnt working
>>
He's passive.
No one likes a go-nowhere fuddy dutty in an action cartoon.
>>
HATE DAD
>>
>>95333138
Bullshit. The people that know they are Jerry are the ones getting upset on his behalf. The people that aren't laugh at him as easily as I laugh at the misfortune of any perpetually shit on depressed character. Hans Moleman for example. People that look at Hans Moleman gag and feel bad are people that think to themselves, "thats me in a few years" and they need to stop thinking that. Same with Jerry except probably replace a few years with right now.
>>
>>95336100
The main character is the exception that resents him and has actively sabotaged him. Of course it isn't fucking working. Rick exists.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (74KB, 1280x720px)
maxresdefault.jpg
74KB, 1280x720px
So I just binged watched this show and got caught up yesterday. I don't get why the Pickle episode was so popular? Like, why was it being spammed everywhere. It was kind of funny but not "haha" funny. Why is this worshipped so much?
>>
>>95336168
Contrarians that hate the show latched onto that and spam it ironically in a "this is what you retards like, huh huh huh" kind of way.
>>
>>95336100
>I just kept crawling and it just kept working!
>Rick ruined my life
Uh huh.
>>
>>95336168
People like it because someone finally gets the shit on Rick and Beth for being shits
>>
>>95332792
jerry sucks
theres a reason doofus jerry is cooler and beats out every rick solo
>>
>>95336168
Here, at least, it's an ironic meme because it's such a stupid premise that people are making fun of it
>>
>>95335520
>Doofus Rick can't have kids cause he's too dumb to get laid
>Least likely to abandon baby Beth

I hope him and Cop Rick aren't shown being killed later
>>
>>95335451
Who hurt you?
>>
>>95333251
So jerry hadn't originally pitched it on his own volition? You can argue fringe cases and what ifs like if jerry wouldn't have pitched that if the execs stared him down early on, but jerry still came up with that idea and thought it was good enough for a presentation in front of the heads of the company.

>>95333054
>basing your opinion blindly off of a stranger on the internet that you despise for unrelated reasons
Fucking contrarians are the cancer of the site

>>95333941
>the sex before marriage plus zero abortion double whammy was entirely beth's fault and jerry had no fault in it
>jerry taking advantage of an inexperienced college girl was okay because she had consent and was above a certain arbitrary age
>beth was in the wrong, instead of society and by extension jerry telling her it was okay for her to have sex with anyone she wanted without repercussions to worry about
>implying jerry not having any self esteem is entirely due to beth, and not also society and the entire world itself
>implying jerry himself is not the problem with him not having any self esteem
>beth made jerry leave, instead of jerry leaving himself due to his retarded grandstanding that he used to threaten beth with, keeping her under his belt with the kids that he made her have due to reasons stated above
>beth wasn't only keeping jerry around for the sake of the kids, and have ever wanted or even forced jerry to leave due to reasons outside of the constant threats and abuse
>jerry being shown, in the actual show, to do well when there's no society and only family, and to do worse when there's no family and only society
I frequented /pol/ a ton back in 2014 and read that board like a newspaper during the election, but the misognyst redpill virgins on /co/ who blame beth for everything jerry's done wrong because she's a woman are a ton worse compared to feminists, because at least they get called out for their beliefs and fallacies all the time.
>>
>>95336978
>college age

They were in high school, they specifically mentioned prom night
>>
>>95336808
His mother, obviously, that's why he turned to the life of faggotry.
>>
File: ugh3.jpg (16KB, 376x313px)
ugh3.jpg
16KB, 376x313px
>>95332792
I dislike what he represents. He is the typical sitcom not-so-smart father that I'm sick and tired of seeing on American shows. Whenever I see people defending him all I can imagine is people who desire this show to be just another family sitcom they've already seen a billion times, but it is what they find safe and comfortable.

I prefer the sci-fi adventures of the main duo. I prefer when him, Summer, and Beth are just minor characters. Very minor.
>>
>>95337007
Huh, apparently the writers didn't even bother to be subtle with portraying jerry as the physical manifestation of rick's regret with not spending time with his daughter.
I found it funny how I used to argue with rick haters and after the episode with rick ranting about jerry being a leech that also preyed on someone with daddy issues aired, the amount of rick hating posts went down a lot. /co/ always acts like they have better taste than anyone else, and then continue to miss tiny hints like these because the show decided to create plot that wasn't narrated to the viewer like a bedtime story.
>>
>>95337241
I don't get the preying thing. Nobody even thought of that till Rick brought it up.
>>
ITT a bunch of Jerrys
>>
>>95337663
t. a Jerry who tries so hard to be a Rick
>>
>>95333251
everything is rick's fault because he could have prevented it.

nothing is jerry's fault because he's useless.

if he was a baby it would be endearing but as an adult he only inspires a desire to reflexively slap him.
>>
>>95337569
The preying thing was really just a metaphor. Jerry took advantage of young beth with no male role model in her life. Though not with the prey part, I've mentioned this a few times before that episode aired, so there's that.
>>
>>95337739
t. a jerry that's given up on improving himself
Actually, thinking about it, that's sort of redudant isn't it
>>
>>95336168
It was completely unplanned and considered RANDUMBXD which marked the show's imminent downfall. Evil Morty has briefly halted it but it still doesn't change the fact that R&M literally jumped the shark with that Mulan sauce plot.
>>
>>95338537
t. an insecure Jerry
>>95338515
>Took advantage
No.
>>
>>95333884
>She may not be a real surgeon

Being a horse surgeon is every bit as "real" a thing as a a human surgeon. If Beth wanted to be a human surgeon so bad, why didn't she just become a human surgeon?

Beth really doesnt have a right to complain, as she made a conscious choice to go into horse surgery instead of human.
>>
>>95332792
They are all fucked up. Mortie alternates between being ready to snap and kill someone or ready to have a heart attack from the stress he deals with. Beth is constantly drinking and resorts to alcohol rather than dealing with it or even acknowledging the issue. Summer is so ready to blow up or kill someone when things happen to her, but completely ignores other people's issues most of the time.

Jerry is the only one that is actually safe to yell at or insult while giving satisfying responses, and due to his nature and his attitude it is so easy and fun to target for the family.
>>
>>95334085
Do you forget the episode where Beth is portrayed as a giant monster who abuses and takes advantage of Jerry's spinelessness?
>>
>>95332792
>/co/ doesn't like rick and morty
>jerryfags makes threads weekly about jerry
really makes me think
>>
every time rick is out of the picture jerry man's up and beth is happy with him.
Jerry was in a happy marriage with beth until rick came back.
Or look at the cronenberg dimension, jerry is a fucking alpha male taking care of his family.

Sure jerry is a piece of work, but he takes care of his family, its only when rick is in the picture beth gets brainwashed in to thinking that jerry is a spinless turd.
>>
>>95339048
How did she even become a surgeon?
>>
>>95334644
Didn't Beth show up just in time ot save him?
>>
>>95338515
>women are literally infants who can't be held acccountable for their own decisions
>>
>>95339048
What's wrong with being a horse surgeon anyway. She's not a fucking nurse or a paramedic, It's not inferior to the heart surgeon for they're completely different professions. Does the joke is about Beth misinterpreting it and forming her life without being aware of that fact?
>>
>>95333327
I hope you are wrong. It would be nice to see Jerry getting it together.
>>
>>95333203
Because Meg exists only to be a punching bag. She has no other personality traits. So, picking on her has no weight to it.

Jerry is a spineless beta who thinks he's the good guy. It's satisfying to watch him suffer.
>>
>>95335762
yeah, but the guy eats his own shit...
>>
>>95333832
Jerry fought the Cronenbergs
Jerry figured out how to defeat he and Beth's monster forms during therapy.
He devised a complex scheme to reignite his wife's confidence as a surgeon

>hurrdurr ur a parasite jerry
>>
>>95339537
this, his character is all over the place, one time he is a insecure dad trying to save his marriage, the other time he is a spineless worm with the IQ of a todler.
>>
>>95339375
>Spineless
No.
>>
>>95336168
I just assumed it was ironic hype that everyone was doing.

>OH FUCK HE's A PICKLE, ISN'T THAT AWESOME
but everyone knew that was kind of stupid.
>>
File: jerry.png (65KB, 300x300px)
jerry.png
65KB, 300x300px
>>95336978
>muh "society"
>muh "misogynist"

It has nothing to do with Beth being a woman or Jerry being a man. She's a cunt.

>SHE WAS MY DAUGHTER SHE COULD HAVE BEEN SO SUCCESSFUL JERRY
>Alternate timeline shows that regardless of whether she hooks up with Jerry, she doesn't amount to that much more than she already is
>Rick knows this and still hounds Jerry, even though without him she's just a subservient lapdog putting her father's interests above the wellbeing of her children
>>
>>95339301
Yeah but the comment he makes about what a rapist looks like comes after, when him and Beth are packing. Which implies it's something that happened to him years ago, since Beth doesn't know what he's talking about
>>
>>95332792
he's deliberately written to be a pathetic faggot with no redeeming qualities and that is honestly pretty fucking shit
>>
>>95332859
>Jerry is a lazy, egotistical, parasitic piece of shit,

And Rick isn't? If anything Rick has less of an excuse because he can patent even the most low-tech of his inventions and make billions.
>>
>>95334644
>Is it a Slavic man wearing a denim jacket with a patchy beard and the smell of cheap champagne wafting over his blister-pocked lips?
>>
>>95339572
The one time he actually stood up for himself it blew up in his face and cost him his family.
>>
>>95332792
I actually hate Beth more than Jerry
>>
>>95339375
>Jerry fights in the world Rick doomed for the sake of his family
>Rick runs like a little pussy bitch to a parallel dimension

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>95339675
You mean when him and Beth were in trouble? Or when he became a savage?
>>
Can they At least give Jerry one W ? It's like the writers themselves hate him
>>
>>95339785
They probably do.
>>
>>95332944
To be fair a Jerry kind of guy biggest acomplish would probably be keeping his job until retirement but you know a Rick as much of an adventurer he is would probably die either alone on an overdose of some drug, or be found by his grandson on a erotic self asphyxiation suicide.
>>
>>95339785
That's like asking the Family Guy writers to let Meg win.
>>
>>95333439
Yes ! but it's Okay because he cares sometimes....
>>
>>95339650
The season 3, Jerry episode made this especially apparent. Moments before Jerry was going to betray Rick, Rick apologizes for helping ruin his marriage.
I can't imagine Rick ever doing this. It just seems like a cheap way to garner sympathy for Rick and paint Jerry more villainous.
>>
File: anon.png (140KB, 925x727px)
anon.png
140KB, 925x727px
>>95332792
Beth is a fucking parasite who would let her own children die than lose her father.

Every time I see her act up her shit, I just wanna punch her into a bloody pulp. That therapist episode made my hatred for her reach a new level of anger.

Jerry did the right thing by leaving her. Sure he has a sad life but that's because he made mistakes and tried to work with them. Beth on the other hand, only cares for her dad and only tries to "be a parent" to shut her children up and to prove that she can be both a parent and a Rick.
>>
>>95335762
>Dude you know that guy eats his own shit right ?
>>
This debate is literally just abusive alpha male vs dependable beta male. Alpha male's flaws are overlooked, beta's flaws are exaggerated
>>
>>95339949
I like how they are told us that Beth doesn't know how to talk with her kids. It really showcases how Jerry was the one always taking care of the kids and dealing with their problems.
>>
>>95336168
I'M PICKLE RICK !
>>
>>95340002
>It hurts.
>>
>>95340037
Which is more of a reason why Beth should fuck off.

That Jerry and Rick episode was great because Jerry's personality was a great offset to Rick's personality. There is more important to them than there is with Bitchy Beth.
>>
>>95340220
Eh, it went sour when they couldn't let Jerry simply walk off in the end. Was that end really necessary?
>>
He represents the time before the current year
>>
>>95333020
That worked because it was pitched with a jingle and commercial ideas to a company which used similar marketing in the past.

Jerry literally just had the phrase.
>>
>>95340265
Eh, I didn't focus on that too much. It wouldn't be that way all the time.
>>
>>95339836
I remember this one episode where Meg came back from prison with her character completely changed. She pretty much gave what Peter deserved in that Ep until she finally turned back to normal. Also I remember this other episode where meg stands up to her family while they were caught in the storm. She actually had some real W's but the only W's(if you consider them W's) jerry got so far was him destroying those Cronenburgs(which was a different universe version of him) and when he was able to beat his and Beth's monsters
>>
>>95332792
Why isn't jerry a villain yet?
>>
>>95332859
This. His family is bad, but Jerry is even worse. He stays in that situation purposefully and begs for people to feel sorry for him. He thrives on bad situations.
>>
File: LC7s2ga.jpg (117KB, 787x540px)
LC7s2ga.jpg
117KB, 787x540px
Reminder: Teen Titans go has comics and that can fit in even more references
>>
>>95340501
Shit wrong thread :P I'm an idiot.
>>
Jerry is a better character than all the family combined.
>>
>>95340483
because he's not...
>>
>>95332792
Only literal Jerries will defend this loser.
>>
>>95339103
dont think that quite counts as those monsters are based on other peoples perceptions of them not based off of objective facts

however, the fact that her perception of him is literally a spineless worm is pretty telling of herself in general
>>
>>95336168
it's funny how angry it makes people
it's low-impact shitposting that gets results
>>
>>95339495
according to a bunch of asshole Ricks...yeah i wouldnt trust what they are saying
and even if does?

well, theres this lovely psychiatrist who specializes in helping people who want to stop eating poop right in the local area
>>
>>95333074
because they're fucking shitty people.
>>
>>95340559
>:P
kill yourself.
>>
>>95340947
well...ok, but only because youre a random stranger on the internet telling me to do so
>>
Why can't Morty, Beth, and Summer suffer the way Jerry does?
>>
Jerry is a pathetic cretin. If you get upset by the way he's treated it's probably because you identify with him, which says a lot about your self esteem or lack thereof, in this case. Nobody laughs with Jerry, they laugh at him. He doesn't make jokes, he is a joke. Please have some dignity and stop projecting yourself onto such a lowly character.
>>
File: .jpg (47KB, 363x259px)
.jpg
47KB, 363x259px
>>95340966
>youre a random stranger on the internet

In the context of where you're posting, this one phrase just outs you as the underaged newfag redditor you are, lad.
>>
I cant believe people give Beth such a pass. Jerry might be a cowardly indecisive idiot, but he at least tries to be a good dad. Beth is 100 times better than Jerry in every way but doesn't care enough to be a good mom or wife.
>>
>>95341055
t. Dan
>>
File: 5647543542312435.png (182KB, 347x415px)
5647543542312435.png
182KB, 347x415px
>This thread
>>
>>95333205
According to Dan Harmon the producers fucked with his vision.

Oh, god. That last season was so bad I couldn't even finish it.
>>
>>95341079
Nobody really likes Beth much either, there's no "Beth fans" out there really. Rick, Morty, and Summer in that order pretty much dominate the fans' attention. Everyone else is an outlier. Except Jerry, because a subset of the viewers are really insecure beta males who take his treatment personally.
>>
Jerry reminds people of all the worst qualities about themselves because he's a character who is written to be very realistically human. On the other hand, Rick is an idealised, absurd depiction of a human being who normal, unremarkable people can project their own uninteresting personalities on to in order to feel more special, intelligent and fun.

Rick is what people like to think they are. Jerry reminds people of what they actually are. Guess which one is the more beloved character?
>>
>>95341064
certainly, you must be so wise and old to understand so much from single line

i really must kill myself as you have suggested before
>>
>>95341184
Rick isn't any less human than Jerry in how he behaves. It's not about how "human" a character seems, it's about balancing their appeal vs what about them annoys or puts people off. Jerry has so many things that annoy or put people off but basically nothing that gives him appeal. In fact, basically the only way he has appeal is through pity, like Rick said in the Whirly Dirly episode: people feel sorry for Jerry. That's pretty much all he has going for him, both in the context of the show and as his appeal as a character.

Rick might have a host of negative traits but these don't really detract from his appeal because they're generally executed in either humorous or sympathetic ways.
>>
>>95340483
He should be.
>>
>>95341414
Thats the thing though, Jerry does have moments where he shines.

Its just he almost invariably gets kicked down again.
Jerry and the Plutonians? He decides to take the moral high ground because of his son...gets no respect for it from anyone.

Jerry VS Kronenbergs? He manned up and took charge....then got iced by random RickGoons

Jerry wanted his family safe from Ricks insanity and made a stand when Beth instantly accepted her father back....they end up separating.

He makes enough effort so people realize hes not JUST a farce, but a person under all that pathetic Jerryness.

The thing, what i think truly makes people dislike Jerry, is that people are scared they will become him. That if they fail to many times as he has, that they will be as pathetic as him.
>>
>>95332859
Jerry has stood up when he's needed too, though. He is willing to admit he isn't perfect, and is willing to accept consequences for his actions. Even when they made him overly shitty in season 2, he still came off looking reasonable compared to everyone else.

It's that whenever he finally wants to improve, everything shits on him randomly. Rick and Beth make their own misery.
>>
>>95332792
Jerry is a well meaning average guy who caught some hard breaks which makes him an easy target for a particular and very common kind of sociopathic dipshit.
>>
>>95332792
What's with /co/ aways having to pick a side?

The whole point is that both Rick and Jerry are horrible people, and so are the rest of the family.

Yes, Rick is a bigger asshole in the great scheme of things because of his actions, but that doesn't make Jerry "better" in any way. Vice versa.

Jerry's self-doubt and desperation for validation is a problem. People are too blinded that it was said by Rick, but he was right in the Wirly Dirly ep.

The best example, however is not in that episode (b-but he abused rick when he was vulnerable), no, but rather in Interdimensional Television 2. Did everyone freaking forget his whole B-plot?

The entire point of his B-plot was how his own self-doubt then imedeatly desire to backpedal not out of good will, but rather to self validate himself that he is a good person rather than confront his choices makes more bad than good.

Everyone in the family could be good people if they didn't have the particular "excuse" that allows them to self-rationalize that what they do is fine.

>Beth used her father abandonment issues to self-rationalize herself to think her shitty attitude are validated.

>Beth uses his family disfunction to self-rationalize herself to think using escapism with Rick's adventures is right.

>Rick uses his nihilism and vast knowledge to self-rationalize that everything he does is good because nothing else matters.

>Morty uses Rick to self-rationalzie that he shouldn't try to be better.
>>
>>95341710
fuck the second was suppose to be Summer, my bad.
>>
>>95332859
fpbp
>>
why are there so many fucking plot holes
>>
>>95338515
>took advantage
Lmao
>>
>>95339048
>If Beth wanted to be a human surgeon so bad, why didn't she just become a human surgeon?

Time and expenses, I suppose. As a teen mother at age 17, I'm surprised she was able to put herself through even veterinary school.
>>
>>95341733
I can't help but feel bad for Summer. Maybe it's because of so many other bad teenage girl characters, but she doesn't strike me so much as whiny and annoying like them. It must be hard knowing that your parents are only together cause you were a mistake and originally planned to be aborted. And now she just wants to have fun with her grandpa Rick like Morty does but she never gets taken along for the adventures (expect she's gotten to go and do more with both of them so good for her). It really made me feel bad for her when she was digging up the 'grandpa that won't abandon her'
>>
>>95332792
>Everyone forgets when Jerry held people at gunpoint demanding to get his penis cut off because he chickened out beforehand but couldn't man up to his choice, because he needs the third-party acknowledgement that he is a good person.
>>
>>95332859
but it's so mild compared to anything else.
sure he's pathetic, but he hasn't done anything horrible.
>>
>>95333454
Yeah, those mantis fuckers were lethal and Jerry went toe-to-toe with them.

Cronenburgs are pretty lame in comparison but they aren't harmless.
>>
>>95339048
Beth mentions putting herself through school. Having a baby at a young age and a husband who isn't really pulling in money, vet school was probably the cheaper and quicker option.
>>
>>95341806
Summer's biggest flaw is, as I said, her need for escapism. She has reasons to, of course, but its not a healthy solution, which I think its the point.

She is willing to fall for Rick's bullshit and immediately go back to make fun of Morty when he was only trying to make her see that one can't trust Rick 100% just to be able to keep indulging in her escapism.

The mad max episode also dwelled on it and may show signs of her growing up a bit from that, but she hasn't really had much spotlight this season beyond that ep so who knows.
>>
>>95334644
Also, in the pilot, Jerry mentions "traumatizing the Boy Scouts" as something Rick could do in a retirement home, and when asked about it, he says that it's personal. While not explicitly rape, it seems implied.
>>
>>95336168
it was only in full swing once someone remixed it with party rock
>>
>>95341341
I'm the previous anon who told you to kill yourself. There's more than one poster on this site. Please, kill yourself.
>>
>>95342151
Yes, and I'm the anon you told that to. I don't know why that guy responded but he did. :p

On topic: Why does reddit hate Jerry?
>>
>>95341975
I wonder if that's a different event from his Scandinavian man description

Man, judging from the one episode with his parents they must really not care
>>
>>95342151
good point, how embarassing

....just waiting for those pills to kick in now
>>
>>95342199
I forgot about his parents.

Jerry had a worse childhood than Beth. Atleast her mother stayed.
>>
>>95342241
They've talked about her, but have they mentioned if she's still around or not? I would think they would either mention her dying or have Beth talk about being on bad terms with her or something
>>
File: 1504493731187.jpg (46KB, 640x480px)
1504493731187.jpg
46KB, 640x480px
>mfw we will never get an episode where Jerry tells off Rick in a completely serious moment
It's basically what the character is set up to do
>>
>>95342394
If that does happen he'll either brush it off or be portrayed as in the right. I don't see it happening, though. Only self inserts and Morty can call him out.
>>
>>95342380
Well whenever Rick brings up her mom Beth doesn't really react negatively (pancake scene, wedding speech). She's either dead or missing.
>>
File: lyönkö.jpg (30KB, 343x347px)
lyönkö.jpg
30KB, 343x347px
>>95341558
look through all those events from another perspective.

the plutonians are fucking themselves and will all probably die or something. jerry's role amounts to being a dick and then going home and forgetting about it.
in kronenberg-earth he's one of the only few who didn't get affected.
his own earth got conquered by aliens. jerry is the only person in the family who this worked out for, as well. (until it didn't. and even that was by his own choice)

his role in all of this is basically an onlooker. you know that video from china where multiple cars run over a toddler and everyone just watches it happen? the onlookers are jerry. and here people are on the internet posting about the cruelty of the world that the events made him moderately sad. he's not an unfortunate person. he's just got a trick for farming pity and clearly it fucking works.

rick knows the universe is fucked, makes an actual effort to get the means to do something about it and then stops bothering. he's aware he's got the responsibility, he's just openly being a bad person. you can forgive that, and you can still respect him.
jerry denies knowing anything, ever. his starting position on any issue is that it's someone else's problem. even when directly confronted with the wrongs of the world he does his best to ignore any possibility of changing anything. after that, he goes home, forgets about it and remains absolutely convinced that he's a good person. you can't respect jerry.
>>
>>95333627
Beth continuing to suffer no consequences from the divorce or being a single female mother is annoying. I don't know if this is the result of her or Rick being the writer's pet, or something else.

I really like Jerry, he's not jaded or an amoralfag.
>>
>>95332792
>Jerry
>'Literally' me.
>>
>>95342199
>I wonder if that's a different event from his Scandinavian man description

Champagne doesn't seem like something that would be served at a nursing home, so ... probably.
>>
>>95336168
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WrbCv1oFis
>>
>>95343823
>Cancerversion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDyuhQGMhFA
>>
>>95343296
Isn't the only difference in your analogy that Rick doesn't pretend not to see the toddler? At the end of the day, neither of them actually help. Rick just likes to sound like he has the moral high ground, when he really doesn't most of the time. He accuses Jerry of being a leech, but he's the one emotionally manipulating his daughter into letting him drag his grandson around the multiverse and living in her garage.
>>
>>95343926
>Isn't the only difference in your analogy that Rick doesn't pretend not to see the toddler?
yes
jerry goes home and says "of course i'm a good person!" rick acts like someone who just saw a kid die for insane reasons.

also he does sometimes help, like when he killed worldender.
>>
>>95339925
rick makes enemies into friends all the time. when he stops putting up walls and just chills he's fun to be around. that's why he has friends everywhere. but he's also an asshole so that's why he creates enemies.

jerry betrayed him and essentially the family for his own personal victory. he loves being told what to do by everyone but rick. he loved being part or a prison planet by the bugs.

he ruined the marriage, but in ricks opinion he fucked his daughter got her pregnant and stunted her development. (arguably rick leaving did that too) but there's very little incentive for rick to like jerry in most situations. the fact that rick tries to get along at all gives him more points than jerry has ever earned. the only jerry that ever stood up and did shit right was cronenburg jerry and that was a desperate lost situation.
>>
>>95344127
>also he does sometimes help, like when he killed worldender.
...so that he could abduct and murder superheroes for extremeky petty reasons?

Rick hasn't doneca genuinely nice thing since season 1.
>>
>>95341055
>If you get upset by the way he's treated it's probably because you identify with him, which says a lot about your self esteem or lack thereof.
Do you know what empathy is?
>>
>>95344352
>...so that he could abduct and murder superheroes for extremeky petty reasons?
yes. that's why he saved the planet. he's decidedly not being responsible but he understands the idea.
>>
Will somebody just hold my terryflaps?
>>
>>95344613
Ew....(?)
>>
>>95336978
>dude I was only college age how could I consent to sex this is societies fault!
roastie logic
>>
>>95332792

>Why does everybody hate him when his family is so much worse?
The reason you don't understand it is because you apparently ARE Jerry.
>>
>>95339607
I have an underlying feeling that Rick doesn't care about Beth as it looks.
I mean the guy abandoned her for years andhe knows there are infinite Beths he could replace her with.
All of his loving moments with her seem very surface level and in-genuine.
There has to be some underlying reason why Rick needs Beth or the house so much, otherwise why would he want Jerry gone so badly?
>>
>>95343530
Well they were doing pretty okay already, Jerry was always unemployed aside from when the aliens were on earth. Jerry might get jobs here and there but money wasn't ever really brought up so I think Beth was practically the sole provider. Makes sense if she could handle it still after the divorce, and I m sure Rick helps sometimes
>>
>>95343530
Well they were doing pretty okay already, Jerry was always unemployed aside from when the aliens were on earth. Jerry might get jobs here and there but money wasn't ever really brought up so I think Beth was practically the sole provider. Makes sense if she could handle it still after the divorce, and I m sure Rick helps sometimes
>>
>>95345532
Rick could use his portals to give the family more money than they would ever need.
He could use his tech to make Beth a world class surgeon overnight.
Heck she could just go to medical school and study to be a doctor anyway, there are no real stakes and she neglects her kids anyway.

No, there is some reason why Rick needs the family just as they are, with his garage, Beth and Jerry out of the house.
>>
>>95345446
He already ditched his old Beth when he dimension hopped away from his mess, he doesn't love his daughter, he just doesn't like her husband
>>
>>95332792
Rick pretty much nailed it in the last Jerry ep. Jerry is a sniveling shit who feeds off of pity. Shit, if you had a daughter and she married a Jerry, how would YOU feel?
>>
>>95341854
um, i've heard vet school is EXTREMELY expensive and in some cases harder than regular medical school. but that's just what i've heard
>>
>>95345972
Its only moderately cheaper than med school but still can run you $150k-$200k in debt. Its definitely just as, if not more difficult too since you need to be proficient in all sorts of biological systems across the board, not just human.
>>
>>95332792
In the intro to the show, there's a short bit of Rick picking up a new Morty in a package because Rick sees Morty as expendable.

Jerry recognizes and sees Rick for what he is. A user. Healthy Rick admitted he didn't care about Morty. You can tell that Rick is placating his family when there are serious conversations about maintaining their relationships, just as Cartman in south park does. All of the characters are deeply flawed. I don't think it's fair to dislike or like one character more than another.
>>
>>95346009
yeah, that makes total sense. in fact i think when i heard about it, the person telling me about it said exactly that. haven't seen her in years though.
>>
>>95345971
Except for the part where that's bullshit and pretty much every time Jerry gets out from under Rick's heel he becomes alpha as fuck.
>>
>>95333097
>Remember that episode where Beth and him saw a diferent version of themselves, but still, at the end of the day, went back to each other? Well, the writters don't.
This still pisses me off. Why bother with that episode if it didn't change anything?
>>
>>95339569
Jerry falls to spinelessness and patheticness when not challenged. When situations need him, he steps up as high as he has to.

Jerry floats to the top of his adversity and can honestly handle anything. Without it though, he has nothing going for him because he's so complacent. He is the perfect representation for 40 year old white men in America.
>>
>>95346115
This. Jerry isn't a parasite, he's one of those big herbivores like bulls or hippos or something. Passive as fuck until provoked.
>>
>>95338515
>two teenagers have unprotected sex
>obviously he took advantage of her
>>
>>95346079
>he becomes alpha as fuck.
How are those apples?
>>
>>95346097
because thats kind of how relationships work. even when you're relationship is teetering on destruction, romantic moments like that still happen, and its amazing how fast they can still crumble afterward.
you wouldnt know about that sort of thing though, huh?
>>
>>95343296
>rick knows the universe is fucked, makes an actual effort to get the means to do something about it and then stops bothering. he's aware he's got the responsibility, he's just openly being a bad person. you can forgive that, and you can still respect him.
What? I have a much easier time forgiving a cowardly onlooker than an active participant in things that they know are wrong.
>>
>>95344285
>the fact that rick tries to get along at all gives him more points than jerry has ever earned
>Rick trying to get along with Jerry
What show were you watching?
>>
>>95337814
Jerry ended up with 100% of the blame for the family falling apart.
>>
>>95343530
i dont know if beth is suffering "no consequences" i mean she was making a sculpture out of hooves a few episodes back, definitely doesnt sound healthy, even if it is... coolsies
>>
>>95346323
Why would I consume fiction for depressing realism?
>>
>>95346327
neither of them is an active participant, you retard. rick doesn't even pretend to do anything whereas jerry pretends nothing can (or maybe even should) be done.
>>
>>95332792
Jerry actually made the right choice leaving beth. rick said Jerry was a parasite but really rick is the parasite. a much smarter and more clever one wrapping Beth around his finger and manipulating her as he pleases. Jerry is still a loser though.
>>
>>95332919
They needed some quislings to legitimize their occupation of Earth.

Hey Jerr-E, look out this window of this line of people waiting for the transport. The transport is going to take them to an assimilation center where they will learn that is is better to just get along as a minority in the Federation. You know, wear your seat-belt, don't make trouble, that kind of thing. Good idea right? Right. Listen we need an Earthican who understands that to administrate this voting block in the err... Greater Lakes region, could you help us with that? Great! here's your desk and your voucher portfolio.

Great gig, set for life, no problems. Till terrorists destroy the trade system before your assistant even gets your account started.
>>
File: dies of laughter.jpg (26KB, 400x362px)
dies of laughter.jpg
26KB, 400x362px
He's Pathetic end of story
>>
>Summer goes to a different dimension for weeks and gets married to some random murderous psychopath
>Wahh Ethan is out in the woods with a girl who has bigger tits than me

Fuck Summer desu
>>
>>95337241
>the amount of rick hating posts went down a lot

What are you talking about? People love Rick. Have you not seen the sheer amount of ironic GOD'S NOT *URP* REAL, MORTY posts?
>>
>>95340793
Seems likely that a bunch of asshole Ricks made him the butt of joke by taking advantage of his trusting nature. They made him be forever known as the least Rick Rick that ate his own shit, even if only once. I can imagine him still being friendly and burying all of his dead alternates and saying, "good-bye, my brothers".
>>
>>95346918
In interviews and commentary the creators have remarked that the "eats his own shit" thing really isn't true and is just a mean rumor circulating among the other Ricks
>>
>>95346918
>Doofus Rick becomes Evil Morty's VP
>>
>>95332983
This. Jerry has shown that underneath it all, he's worse than Rick ever is. Rick is up front about his shit while Jerry slithers around waiting for you to lower your guard. He's like a rapist
>>
>>95339785
he's getting a girlfriend in two episodes. Here's hoping he takes it easy and genuine and not try to overcompensate like he does with Beth and his children
>>
>>95335461
>threatening to abandon him
I don't recall that ever happening, actually. He was the one who forced her to choose.
>>
>>95339653
He doesn't want to buy into the system and share his stuff. To have some boss telling him what he can or can't do. To have a corporation backing him so he doesn't spend the next 20 years winning his patent infringement lawsuit on intermittent windshield wipers. Like the guy that made telephone feasible by making a working carbon microphone, the guy that invented radio transmission or the team that developed CRISPR but only got the patent for genetic modification of bacteria but not mammals.

You're all wrong, just stay out my way or I'll crush you without a second thought. I don't want strangers getting in my face and crowding me out of what I've invented.
>>
>>95332792
Seeing Morty or Summer fuckup is funny because they choose to go on these adventures without considering the consequences.
Then you get Jerry who's trying very hard for a normal, comfortable life, but suddenly something terrible happen to him that's way worse than he deserves.
You'd have to be an edgy little shit to think that's funny. As seen by these posts.
>>95332859
>>95332983
>>95333246
>>95333514
>>95336048
>>95336978
>>95343296
>>95347168
Yeah we get it, he's dumb and pathetic, but Jesus Christ you guys are doing some mental gymnastics just to put him a worse light than Rick.
>>
>>95336098
Which just makes him more unlikable. No one that's like Jerry wants to look in the mirror.
>>
File: 1435560848700.jpg (28KB, 623x469px)
1435560848700.jpg
28KB, 623x469px
>>95347887
Jerry is a sad cunt who's only use is as a warning for younger people to not end up as him. Suffering is not funny only when it's deserved and even if it were, he deserves it for being such a worthless being.
Now that I read what I typed, yeah, it seems you need to be a little edgy shit to think his suffering is funny, still better than being a pasive sack of shit like Jerry though.
>>
>>95347887
ive got to agree, Jerry IS pathetic, made more so by the fact that we have seen him step up in several situations only to either revert or be slapped back down

however hes not the one who literally hops around the different worlds hurting people simply for having the bad luck to be in his wake

I still find Jerrys suffering funny, as I do most characters suffering in the series, but im still baffled by hows hes often presented as the one in the wrong or the one who needs to suffer most
>>
File: wLA7JMF.jpg (79KB, 703x372px)
wLA7JMF.jpg
79KB, 703x372px
>>95332792
Stay at home parent who would do anything to protect family = bad (If you're male)

Being a pedophile is cool! (If you're female.)
>>
>>95344285
>jerry betrayed him and essentially the family for his own personal victory.
He's trying to protect his family from the shit Rick brings on them. Yes, ego is a part if it, but his core concern is how damaging Rick us to the family
>>
>>95345971
Good. Jerry cares more about the kids than Beth, he tales criticism well and despite his flaws he generally has a decent head on his shoulders. He also recognizes me as the family destroying, boyhood ruining, incredibly dangerous to have around threat and alcoholic that I am.

Jerry does more for the relationship and family than anyone else. Beth would never lower herself to patronize an obsession of his like he did for her with the deer. Jerry is too good for Beth.
>>
>>95333647
Who is the Jerryist Rick?
>>
>>95346784
The discussion is whether he's worse than Rick or not, keep up lad.
>>
>>95350740
A tamer version of the pic you're replying to.
>>
>>95349889
I never noticed that.
>>
>>95349889
>being a pedophile is cool if you're female

ephebophilia is not pedophilia
>>
>>95354311
but its still illegal and just as trash
>>
>>95332792

People hate Jerry because he was generally happy until someone told him he shouldn't be.

The problem nowadays is we KNOW we shouldn't be happy. Our president is a fucking idiot. Everything he says can be fact checked with a simple Google search. We KNOW that if we start a business, there's a 90% chance it will fail. Period. We KNOW global warming is real and shit is going to get destroyed very soon (I'm excluding religious/alt-righters because...come on...they think they've seen angels). We know about income inequality, racism, what caused the Great Recession, the American oligarchy, etc. My god...the shit I've learned America has done from "Adam Ruins Everything". Jesus.

Jerry doesn't know these things and he's happy. And smart people who aren't happy absolutely hate stupid people who are. With a fucking passion.
>>
Why is Jerry being portrayed as manipulative when Rick manipulates Beth?
>>
>>95332983
>Jerry is a parasite that longs to be the predator, that's all that needs to be said.

You're literally repeating Rick, who's shown to be extremely manipulative and controling.
>>
Reminder that Jerry deserves the girlfriend Morty had in Rest and Ricklaxation (the one near the end of the episode. Not that stupid freak healthy morty got from a restaurant)

Double reminder that Beth needs a boyfriend that beats her.
>>
>>95355540
>I use a pop culture TV show as my source for facts without verifying
Spotted the underage.
>>
>>95342198
Because he's a reminder of who they really are deep down in the middle of their power fantasy TV show where they think they're anything like Rick.
>>
>>95356663
Because Rick is convincing. He convinced Jerry and the audience.

Rick is an irredeemable monster worse than anyone else in history. But he's funny and entertaining and seems so confident about what he says, so whatev's
>>
Beth doesn't deserve Jerry. When has she ever done something to make him happy?
>>
I see both sides here going to extremes. None of these characters are as black and white as these discussions suggest. For example, yes, Rick has destroyed planets, but he won't do so without good reason. If he's pissed at one person, he won't blow up the planet like the Vindicators did, he singles out the individual and deals with them proportionately and then probably gets drinks with them later. Another extreme is people mentioning Jerry becoming He-man and then getting frozen by the Citadel not mentioning that the reason was because he intended to murder Summer merely because she "smelled of Rick".
>>
>>95347887
Jerry's a bad father and a bad husband. He has no redeeming qualities.
>>
>>95360862
You just described Rick.
>>
>>95332792
I had a strange realization on Jerry the other day. In The Whirly Dirly conspiracy, Rick talks about how both of them survive in their respective ways, and I realized, whatever Jerry's doing is working better. The multiverse is littered with dead Ricks and Mortys at this point in their reapective timelines. The citadel itself talks about "replacement Mortys" for Ricks whose Mortys died on an adventure, and displaced Mortys whose Ricks died.Tales from the Citadel showed just how bad things really are there. But consider the exposure we've gotten to the multiverse of Jerry, and it tells a different story. In some timelines, He and Beth divorce, and she remarries, in some the world goes to shit, but in none that we've seen is he killed off.
>>
>>95360936
Rick's intelligence and bravery are redeeming qualities, even though he often uses them to do bad things.
>>
>>95361006
That's kind of like saying the person playing GTA and not breaking any laws of doing anything amoral are doing the right thing. Sure, you don't die, but nothing gets done either. I think the biggest thing about the Citadel is that these are Ricks who give up their freedom and try to live lives like a Jerry in a world full of themselves. They resolve to the way things are and decide there is no other way despite the power they have. In fact, the only other Ricks we've seen die that aren't in the citadel were either killed by their own hand or another Rick.
>>
>>95334413
~it's a metaphor~
>>
>>95360746
>Because Rick didn't literally threaten to destroy an entire universe if they didn't power his fucking car battery
>>
>>95333841
I'm pretty sure Simple Rick was the coworker this outraged Rick was stated to have killed in the new commercial.
>>
>>95361193
>Rick's intelligence and bravery
He has intelligence, but I don't think he has anything that could be called bravery. At best he is just suicidally depressed and doesn't give a shit if he dies.
>>
>>95344412
I've noticed here and on /a/ that some people are genuinely unable to unless they can self-insert into the character.
>>
>>95332859
>>95332792
jerry is the ultimate normalfag, he doesn't stand a god damned chance against the psychopath known as Rick, of course he'd be shafted.
>>
>>95332859
Yet he still better than Rick
>>
Doofus Jerry and Cronenburg Jerry pretty much confirm that Jerry has the potential to be alpha as fuck.
>>
>>95341777
Women shouldn't be in the work force in the first place or we should just let them have ALL of the jobs.
Divorce rates are high for a reason.
Family comes before society.
>>
>>95339328
That seems to be a part of Beth's character. Even though, by all rights, she has a pretty good life she constantly asks herself "what if" and is filled with needless regret.
If she had become something like a heart surgeon, she'd probably wallow in self-pity because she didn't pursue her true passion for veterinary science
>>
>>95332792
Because the show tells you to hate him
>>
>>95363781
Rick never threatened to destroy the microverse. He hinted at it in retaliation to Zeep who first threatened to destroy the Teenyverse while Rick was in it but he never wanted to destroy the Microverse. He just wanted them to get back to work.
>>
>>95365633
Beth saw herself as a heart surgeon and she was basically still depressed because she was alone in that universe.
>>
>>95366456

The first thing rick did when he got out of zeep's miniverse was to genocide the whole population of said miniverse.

Anybody who says rick is any sort of good or admirable person is the worst kind of human being, a person who is swayed by charisma without considering the substance of that individual.

You people are the reason useless assholes with no skill sets and sociopaths make it to upper management, you have no capacity to gauge a person at all except by that persons style.
>>
I believe a semi-famous man or something once said "abuse them, lie to them, hurt them, just don't lose their interest. A woman [and, in fact, anyone] would rather be dead than be bored."

And that's what I feel from Jerry. Jerry bores me. And I want him to not be in my life anymore.
>>
>>95334413
Yes, like a typical office job.
>>
>mfw Jerry has a house, car, wife, kids, and a job and edgy redditors still shit on him and idolize Rick because "le nihilism a
>>
>>95367210
So redditors hate Jerry because he's the antiRick?
>>
Does Beth deserve a husband that beats her?
>>
>>95368243
?
>>
>>95366790
I didn't say Rick was good, but he certainly isn't utterly amoral. He's an absurd hero. One that understands the hand he's been dealt and chooses to embrace it instead of trying to cling to some sort of hope that there's meaning to everything. That said, he isn't ideal either. He still prays to God when the chips are down, he admits when he loses control of a situation and can be broken like any other human.

But just because he refuses to conform to the ideal others want to see in a person, doesn't make Jerry, a man who hopelessly clings to subordination and yearns to be recognized and lauded for his efforts; whether those efforts be catching his wife cheating, donating his penis to the greater good, or even something like mashing refresh on a browser in wait of a response to a petty disagreement; only to break the moment he is overpowered, a better person, a saint, or even inexcusable for his shortcomings.

In each case these are flawed characters that are relatable to us because of their flaws. What makes a character like Rick more admiral is that he understands those flaws, realizes they make him the person he is, but isn't driven by them. And people sympathize with him because he has a deep sadness that stems from his absurd status. Jerry, on the other hand, exploits his flaws and wants people to pity him and blame others to fuel his own beliefs that he's a good person and he's perfectly fine with that.

In their own words
Rick:"Everyone want's people they like to be right. That's why popular people are fucking dumb."
Jerry:"Life is effort and I'll stop when I die!"
>>
>>95367210
To be fair, judging by how Jerry was looking for work during the series and had to borrow money from Summer/get a welfare check now, I think the house and car are from mostly Beth. The only job we ever saw him have was when the aliens were there, and he doesn't have that now
>>
One thing that triggered me as a poor fag is when the show kinda shat on Jerry for asking for money from summer. If you're living with your folks why should you contribute nothing?
>>
>>95369380
Because she's a teenager still in high school. If she was in college or actually old enough to reasonably be out on her own then it might be a different story. Parents are supposed to be the providers for their kids, not the other way around
>>
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewers head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existential catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them.
>>
>>95369722
m8 I understand you are trying to breathe life into a ded thread like a paramedic pantomiming CPR on a dead baby in front of its parents (cause they have to at least pretend, ya know?), but who do you think is actually going to bite on this? This fish is barely cooked, and is very clearly not presented as sashimi so don't try and use that excuse.
Thread posts: 305
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.