[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>TTG making fun of DC of course /co/ hates it.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 136
Thread images: 20

File: 1501222684153.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
1501222684153.png
1MB, 1366x768px
>TTG making fun of DC

of course /co/ hates it.
>>
I thought it was hilarious. Besides, TTG has amazing DC references and can actually call out everything by name.
>>
TTG somehow manages to pepper in a lot of GOOD DC. References too. Hell. They included Ravager as a regular character, something even the original TT's did. (unless you count the comic)
>>
Can't even properly find episodes online any more.
>>
I hate it because it ruined the teen titans for me
>>
>>95329535
>People actually keep up with what TTG does
I really really hope these kinds of threads are just made by shills baiting for views and not by anons actually watching this. Hate viewing is the dumbest meme in existence and only contributes to the continuation of shitty things.
>>
>>95329535
TALK TILL DAWN
>>
>>95329732
Cry me a river. If an 11 minute cartoon can ruin a show for you then you must be really fragile.
>>
>>95329784
But I don't watch it cuz I hate it anon. I watch it because I enjoy it.
>>
File: raven.jpg (73KB, 900x520px) Image search: [Google]
raven.jpg
73KB, 900x520px
>>95329535
I like the show. its very light hearted and the writers really seem to enjoy their job
>>
>>95329784
>Hate viewing is the dumbest meme in existence
I can never pick up Gravity Falls because of this.
>>
>>95329811
When it goes out of its way to make fun of people who wanted a serious show yeah im gonna bitch about it.
People like you are why young justice got canceled.
>>
I was under the impression that the vast majority of /co/ only disliked TTG because of how much CN spans it, with minorities being assmad fans of the original or being super ebin trololos who like the assmad it causes that minority. I personally think it's a hit or miss show that has some pretty fucking funny episodes, but honestly does get aired too much. I don't care about it in regards to the original show because it doesn't actively change shit about it and I'm not an autist.
>>
File: 1479373623541.png (854KB, 680x1080px)
1479373623541.png
854KB, 680x1080px
>>95329890
>serious cartoon get cancelled
>goofy TTG lives
>>
>>95329962
> I personally think it's a hit or miss show that has some pretty fucking funny episodes,
I get his way about it too in the beginning, when I hand awuality range of chuckleworthy to boring by inpffensive, but then i felt it started declining. Shit like Waffles and the Birthday episode were just terrible.
>>
>>95329890
Nah, I'm pretty sure it's the people that loved to praise it yet were nowhere to be found when it came time to boost their ratings and buy their products.

You clearly deserve to be made fun of but If it hurts you that bad then you really need to get your life together.
>>
>>95329838
That's a completely meatless statement that could easily be applied to any of the vapid, low-effort time fillers being crapped out these days. Do you also love nu-PPG? 'Cause they do the same thing, along with the Ben 10 reboot and more other shows than I care to contemplate.
>>
>>95330026
Anon Waffles aired three and a half fucking years ago in the first season, that wasn't a decline, that was just one of the miss episodes. TTG is one of those shows that both hits and misses really fucking hard
>>
>>95329962
>I was under the impression that the vast majority of /co/ only disliked TTG because of how much CN spans it, with minorities being assmad fans of the original or being super ebin trololos who like the assmad it causes that minority.
You're not only completely wrong but also stupid on top of it. I have no idea what's the point of defending this show other than to be contrarian or to piss people off because either way you look like a retard
>>95330065
>Muh hit or miss
Still parading this meme I see.
>>
>>95329535
There's nothing wrong with TTG, itself
the problem is that CN airs it constantly.
>>
>>95329620
>They included Ravager as a regular character
>Only appeared twice
>>
>>95329890

Grow a thicker skin, faggot
>>
>>95330105
>There's nothing wrong with TTG, itself
>Shitty animation
>Terrible humor
>Worse iterations of the characters
>Writers have more thin skin than fans of the original
>>
TTG has forever landed in my "not shit list" simply because they managed to call up Puffy Ami Yumi and get them to sing a japanese cover of "The Night Begins to Shine". I can't be mad at a show that brought THAT into the universe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kJ8vU-Fb9M
>>
>>95330096
>Ad hominem right out the .
>Things I don't agree with are memes.
Opinion discarded, the show is a textbook example of being hit or miss.
>>
>>95330118
OR you could just get good taste in cartoons fucking hell. You would defend anything cartoon network shits out.
>>
>>95330153
>Doesn't know the meaning of words he uses
>Can't even defend his point
>discard anyone with a different opinion'
Yep...its a TTGfag alright. Why aren't you in school young man?
>>
>>95330131
>Shitty animation
I've seen MUCH worse from a cheap flash animated cartoon.
>Terrible Humor
Eh. Sometimes it's chuckleworthy.
>Worse iterations of the characters
MOSTLY true. But honestly I don't particularly care for the comic iterations of the characters too much anyway so it's sort of a hollow victory for me.
>Writers have more thin skin than fans of the original
Is that why they're always taking potshots at themselves?
>>
>>95330131
you just described Powerpuff Girls.
>>
>>95330145
>They brought back something from my childhood
>TTG is not shit anymore

So all NuPPG needs to do is bring back Bis for it to not be shit anymore
>>
>>95330189
> Say that a show does in fact have some really shitty fucking episodes
>Hurrrr you're a TTGfag because you don't think every second of the show is pure trash
Holy fuck are you actually autistic
>>
>>95330189
>he says. Not defending his opinion.
It's SUPER easy to say "It's bad." You haven't really defended YOUR stance in any way. You're just sorta naming your opinions and flinging shit cuz not everyone agrees with it.

I'm not saying it's god's gift to television, but It's got its moments. Theya ctually have pretty fun gimmicks with certain episodes, and when they bother to actually do an action scene or two they actually have a DECENT sense of choreography (although the animation can still be kinda stiff).
It's a 6/10 show overall that's like...3/10 at worst and 8/10 at its very best. And it kinda only works in those extremes.
>>
>>95330199
>I've seen MUCH worse from a cheap flash animated cartoon.
Its still pretty shitty
>Eh. Sometimes it's chuckleworthy.
Those "lesson" episodes have gotten real old now
>But honestly I don't particularly care for the comic iterations of the characters too much anyway so it's sort of a hollow victory for me.
Nobody does well barring Robin hence the outcry has come from fans of the 2003 TV series instead of the comics
>Is that why they're always taking potshots at themselves?
So its okay because they make fun of themselves? Bare in mind they're aren't critical at all just glorify the fact that they suck ao they've pretty much reach Family Guy levels of meta.
>>
>>95329784
It's either contrarians who cant bear the thought of YouTube reviewer calling the show bad and came to IRONICALLY TM like the show or people genuinely watching TTG for fun because let's face it,it's an harmless stupid show
>>
>>95330324
>It's either contrarians who cant bear the thought of YouTube reviewer calling the show bad
Ding. Is /co/ that pathetic that they can't stand when someone calls something that's shit bad? Are you guys also going to go full contrarian over NuPPG because even tumblr hates it?
>>
>>95330222
I think the difference is. That by bringing back the original voice cast, Making DC references, bringing back characters from the original show AND characters we didn't get to see in the original (like Ravager) And yes. Bringing in Puffy AmiYumi shows me that the people who make this show actually care about the cast of the original, at least a little.

Besides. Going from TT to TTG. isn't the same as going from PPG to NuPPG. TTG isn't really trying to be TT. It's just a dumb flash cartoon with a loose exaggerated sense of humor, compared to NuPPG that feels like it's trying to be the original show but worse.
I'd compare TTG to Puffy AmiYumi or Johnny Test or something. And if I'm going by that clarification I'd argue it's probably the most successful in that right.

It's not really a great show but outside of being overplayed to death, it's probably the most tolerable "flash animated comedy cartoon" I've watched.
>>
>>95330145
any with Subs?
>>
>>95330691
Not that I know of. I have no idea if they changed the lyrics much from the actual version though.
>>
Just watched the daylight savings time episode.

>Fucking Top Gun reference out of nowhere

Yeah this show's ok.
>>
>>95329870
I literally don't understand the ridiculous hate for Gravity Falls.
>>
>>95331228
I don't understand the love. It's nothing special and every character but Stan is obnoxious.
>>
>>95331228
The lack of a well written satisfying payoff left viewers outraged.
>>
>>95329784
Isn't TTG forced so hard by CN and that's why everyone hates it? I'm in the UK so our CN is different. If that's the case, it probably gets good ratings.
So why the hell do you think they're try to shill it on a site like this when they already have an audience.

>>95331228
The Ending, I remember being in /gfg/ threads around Season 2 and everything was generally positive. But the problem with a series ilke Gravity Falls is that all the hints and little mysteries gets peoples hopes up, and when they have stuff like a 24/7 thread, they throw out crazy theories and ideas that the show was never aiming to fulfill. So when those ideas don't come to pass and something else is in its place, they don't like it because it's either seen as wasted potential, or it's not what they had in mind.
I haven't seen the ending, Season 2 got a bit shit with filler and I sort of lost my interest, but it was a fun show. Maybe the ending was bad, but I did see the penultimate episode and it seemed to be leading up to something decent.
I suppose Mable siding with Bill because she was a bit upset was daft, but she is a fragile kid after all that generally was emotionally charged.

I don't know, maybe the ending was really bad, Season 1 was good though. Satisfying buildup and payoff, Season 2 didn't do much with any of it from what I saw
>>
People saying how TT was so much better need to take off the nostalgia filter and rewatch it, i watched the movie/finale/special/whatever where they go to Tokyo and almost everything was cringeworthy
>>
>>95329535
I thought this was them making fun of the original Teen Titans show because people didn't like the reboot into a complete comedy?
>>
>>95330065
I don't recall any really good hits. They seem to miss harder than they hit.
>>
>>95329535
>A DC property making fun of DC
Wow stop the fucking press. What's next, Gwenpool making fun of Bendis?
>>
>>95329535
Everyone liked this episode when it came out though.
>>
>>95333633
>I watched the movie without any context from the series and I feel fit to judge the whole show
Come on, anon.

Also, the movie was pretty fucking good tbqfh. Only real issue I had was the plot predictability in terms of who was the main bad guy (though other aspects were not predictable at all).

(And the BBRae scenes were DOPE.)
>>
>>95331946
Wait, you liked GF season 1 over 2 because it had LESS filler? I'm sorry, what? That season was like 99% filler.
>>
File: 1367441526438.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1367441526438.gif
2MB, 400x225px
>>95329535
>people are still mad about this episode
>people are mad about this at all

Holy shit that's pathetic
>>
>>95329535

oh look a shitty thread defending an awful show out of spite for a perceived bias without showing any proof towards that. Let me guess, it's "/co/mblr" again right?
>>
>>95336108
Stop getting mad at a cartoon you don't have to watch
>>
>>95334665
The episode in OP is a literal 10/10. If you didn't like it, you only have you shit taste to blame.
>>
>>95336108
Oh look it's another underage retard who thinks his opinion matters, let alone has any objective value to it. Kys.
>>
>>95329535
"TTOriginal is better!"

>those vague DC references
>zero connection to the Timmverse
>>
>>95336514
>zero connection to the Timmverse
Is that really a fair complaint though? I mean I'm not even sure if they were even given an option to do that
>>
>>95329535
Teen Titans Go has good slapstick.
>>
>>95330105
It really is the problem, they made a cartoon cartoon with a known property. Then spammed it to the detriment of other cartoons in their library. It's basically like when they only played Scooby Doo or Nick only plays SpongeBob.
>>
>>95336617
>Cartoony cartoon

Fucking auto correct.
>>
>>95335059
I didn't feel that way.
But on the same note, I binged Season 1 and watched Season 2 as it aired. The filler in Season 1 must have felt less intrusive since I could just move on to the next episode.

I never felt like S1 had much filler even when I was binging it. I guess there's also the point of the first Season being used to introduce characters and get you familiar with the setting, so filler doesn't feel like filler
>>
>>95336348

>you can't dislike anything at all!
>>
File: mirr.jpg (111KB, 600x399px) Image search: [Google]
mirr.jpg
111KB, 600x399px
>>95336437

Oh look it's another underage retard who thinks his opinion matters, let alone has any objective value to it. Kys.
>>
>>95336564
But JL was on its last season before U. I assumed any DC cartoon that coexisted were connected. I dont think anyone even asked for the Zeta Project
>>
>>95329784
>Hate viewing is the dumbest meme in existence and only contributes to the continuation of shitty things.
>what is a nielson box?
>>
>>95337098
>trying to defend crying over a childrens cartoon
>>
>>95329535
As much as I hate TTG, that episode was hilarious, I liked it.

The thing I hate about TTG is that it's lolzrandum comedy with no character. Characters are voiced by same voice actors, but they are not Teen Titans, they don't have characters, there are often random things like "le Batman and Gordon are fishing together xD" and nothing. It's not a joke, it's not anything, it's just there. A not joke.
>>
Reminder that TTG can come through with godly references
>>
File: TQcg9AE.jpg (182KB, 1265x710px) Image search: [Google]
TQcg9AE.jpg
182KB, 1265x710px
>>
File: ttg2.jpg (44KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
ttg2.jpg
44KB, 800x450px
>>
>>95337861
>Space Ghost BOO

topkek
>>
File: Two_Parter_Part_One_-_snapshot.jpg (292KB, 1916x1076px) Image search: [Google]
Two_Parter_Part_One_-_snapshot.jpg
292KB, 1916x1076px
>>
File: teen-titans-go-warner-bros.jpg (36KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
teen-titans-go-warner-bros.jpg
36KB, 600x338px
>>
File: 9vJgdTo.jpg (678KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
9vJgdTo.jpg
678KB, 3264x2448px
>>
File: Uyrb7Wr.jpg (128KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Uyrb7Wr.jpg
128KB, 1600x900px
This Easter egg hunt is killing me.
>>
File: teentitanseastereggs.jpg (25KB, 750x414px) Image search: [Google]
teentitanseastereggs.jpg
25KB, 750x414px
>>
File: Yearbook Page 3.jpg (256KB, 990x553px) Image search: [Google]
Yearbook Page 3.jpg
256KB, 990x553px
I'm almost done.
>>
File: 1500571104119.png (193KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1500571104119.png
193KB, 600x600px
>>95338131
holy fuck
>>
File: Serious Cyborg.jpg (61KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Serious Cyborg.jpg
61KB, 1280x720px
IF YOU'RE NOT GOING TO HELP,

THEN GET OUT THE WAY!
>>
>>95338131
>even has the neckbrace
kek, that's good
>>
>>95338204
Where's Guy's signature?
>>
>>95338204
>Kyle drew a picture

It's the little things
>>
>>95338248
>>95338224
>>95338204
>Kyle's Drawing
>Damian being thirsty af
>Stay Away from my man!
>Stay GOLD
Oh man
>>
>>95331228

So do you only metaphorically understand it?
>>
>>95338104
Can someone explain?
>>
Is TTG the only modern CN show with tasteful references?
>>
>>95338894
>Immortan Joe (Mad Max: Fury Road)
>?
>Doomsdayskull
>>
>>95338894
>>95339094
The middle is the city of Kandor
>>
>>95339131
Wow. How many DC Easter eggs does this show even have?
>>
>>95339203
It has tons dude. Just about every episode has a little nod somewhere to DC lore
>>
>>95329890
>People like you are why young justice got canceled
Young Justice had the highest episode sales on iTunes. Not in a particular category, OVERALL. Turner had YJ canceled because the demographic information relayed back to them was that its prime demo were teenage girls who "don't buy toys" and therefore the show was useless to them.

This is why Stu Snyder hated being ordered to make animated DC properties (along with being forced to pay licensing fees for doing so to another company in the same parent organization as CN).

This is why he killed Teen Titans but literally rehired everyone from it for Ben 10 from writers and character designers to the same voice cast, because he was sick of running shows at the whims of DC executives. CN owns Ben 10 100% and keeps all the merchandising profits.

YJ did not get cancelled because of low ratings. It had great ratings. it just wasn't ENOUGH for Turner who wanted it to become a franchising wet dream, and Snyder decided to kill TT and GL as punishment, telling Turner "we aren't your fucking shirt factory any more."

The sick, painful irony here is that TTG moves exactly the amount of merch that TT didn't.
>>
>>95339508
Snyder and TTG have done nothing wrong.
>>
>>95330145
Puffy still exists?
>>
>>95338131
That's a watchman badge. Is TTG the first modern CN show to have blood?
>>
>>95337948
Grant Morrison reference. Heh.
>>
>>95330145
Okay, I'll admit, this is pretty fucking awesome.

TTG is still a shit show, though. One random act of awesomeness doesn't excuse TTG from being a horrible cartoon.
>>
File: LC7s2ga.jpg (117KB, 787x540px) Image search: [Google]
LC7s2ga.jpg
117KB, 787x540px
Reminder that TTG has a comic which can stuff even more DC references.
>>
>>95330096
Ohhh. You mad. So rage filled you can't see some people do think the show is decent. Stay mad, keep your rose tinted glasses on about how ttg ruined everything.
>>
Ttg just looks like shit
>>
>>95337861
>You will never take an aquaman run swimming lesson
Why live /co/
>>
TTG can be good, but most of the time it's shit.
>>
>>95329535
>low quality bait
>almost 100 replies
>>
>>95336605
This but that's all it is. It's DC presents Family Guy.

There's no reason for them to be titans and there's no overarching plot
>>
>>95330105
why is that a problem I could easily watch TTG all day and it's a better alternative than any of the other shows that CN airs
>>
>>95341042
I'm here for the background gags
>>
>>95338248
Damian and dick fighting over the same girl is a really funny concept also when was the last time haunted tank ever showed up in a comic, 1975?
>>
>>95340608
>Kamandi
This show makes it so hard for me to dislike it when it continues referencing all the right stuff.
>>
>>95339508
>TTG moves exactly the amount of merch that TT didn't.

Kids don't play with toys like action figures anymore is the truth
>>
>>95341188
Is that who that was?
>>
>>95341531
How many other shirtless boys with long blonde hair do dc have
>>
>>95335020
the movie was shit, please take off your nostalgia googles, every "serious" scene gets ruined 25 seconds in because some character goes chibi and tries to be funny, the action scenes are stiff and try to copy anime while failing and 60% of the movie is filler of the characters doing "haha funni japan" gags
>>
>>95336605
SLUG BUG!
>>
>>95337948
>Martha K.
>Martha W.
I just noticed.
>>
>>95338131
>the neckbrace on zod

Holy shit
>>
>>95340608
>Rorschach was here
>>
/co/ hates everything. Why does no one get this?

fuck /co/'s opinion
>>
>>95342813
Is there a reference I'm missing?
>>
>>95333633

It's a pretty good show, I've been catching the reruns on CN lately.

This is coming from someone who never watched it as a kid, so nostalgia doesn't apply.
>>
>>95343102
Tell that to Zods broken neck
>>
>>95343102
Man of Steel ending.
>>
>>95342148
>every "serious" scene gets ruined 25 seconds in because some character goes chibi and tries to be funny
This isn't remotely true for Robin's scenes, which take up like half the movie, and that is how I know you're full of shit.

Also I watched the whole series, movie included, for the very first time this year. I couldn't be nostalgic about it if I tried.
>>
>>95339508
It sounds like the actual problem here, which you're ignoring for some reason, is Time Warner top management not forcing their own fucking companies to get along with each other.

One has to wonder what they're being paid for.
>>
>>95336514
>>95336564
>>95337134
The DCAU is shit, both in itself and in comparison to TT.
>>
>>95343878
now that's not remotely true
>>
File: 1374080641999.jpg (86KB, 564x676px) Image search: [Google]
1374080641999.jpg
86KB, 564x676px
>people unironically defending TTG
>hurr cry sum moar meme
>>
>>95344289
Cry me a river
>>
>>95340608
What's the story behind that panda?
>>
>>95338156
Is that the fucking Specter?
>>
>>95337845
The episode is probably funny on a surface level but its premise is undefendable ."what if Teen Titans was serious.I know people are annoyed others constantly bring up Teen Titans but sorry it's true,the original show mixed the two:comedy and seriousness.The argument of Let's Get Serious dont make any sense to me
>>
>>95337717
/co/
>>
File: _97613638_elijah976.jpg (10KB, 155x121px) Image search: [Google]
_97613638_elijah976.jpg
10KB, 155x121px
>>95329838
>as long as the people who make it like it that means it's good
>>
File: original hurf durf.png (5KB, 207x124px) Image search: [Google]
original hurf durf.png
5KB, 207x124px
>>95344954
>>
>>95347227
>Millions of people both watch and enjoy a series but that doesn't matter because my single opinion invalidates all of theirs
>please think I'm an important snowflake that matters
>>
>>95329535
pretty sure this was primarily a hard jab at the anti-fanbase. I remember /co/ loving this episode because it was actually funny.
>>
>>95344289
Oh what is it? A poor little boy didn't find a hugbox he expected? May be you should fuck off back to youtube where you and other underage retards can keep wanking each other forever?
>>
>>95344289
>>95347232

Back to Tumblr with you
Thread posts: 136
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.