[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did this webcomic manage to succeed where all others failed?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: Gunnerkrigg_Court_Orientation.png (155KB, 246x350px) Image search: [Google]
Gunnerkrigg_Court_Orientation.png
155KB, 246x350px
How did this webcomic manage to succeed where all others failed?
>>
>>95328365
It didn't it's still shit.
>>
>>95328416
Fpbp

the only "successful" web comic is that one about the hipsters and tranny and that's because the author has been doing it since 2000 and has those sweet patronbux from SJWs
>>
lesbian trash

it is shit and will always be shit
>>
>>95328468
>the only "successful" web comic is

Was not Megatokyo one of the very first web comics to succeed? To the point Fred can get away with not updating regularly because he just prints money doing that same weeb shit style he has been doing since the early '00s?
>>
Can you really call a webcomic a success until it's finished? Sure most have planned endings but when they take literal decades like Gunnerkrigg, there's the increasing fear that Tom's going to get hit by a bus and we'll never find out how it all ends.

I have respect for the authors who keep their comics relatively short and to the point, lasting a few years at a time.
>>
>>95328468
Gunnerkrigg pulls in those fat patreonshekels too.

So does Unsounded IIRC. There are a few webcomics that have become official monetary successes. Shit, as much as we hate him, the guy who makes Looking for Group and that other comic makes a ton of dosh from his terrible scribbles.
>>
>>95328365
More consistent update schedule than any other webcomic ever.
>>
>>95328365
regular updates, an engaging premise, and waifus
>>
File: 1492.png (1MB, 650x975px) Image search: [Google]
1492.png
1MB, 650x975px
>>95328479
Is Megatokyo still going?

Oh god holy shit it still is
Oh god it's still the exact same
>>
>>95328365
It's really consistent, and pretty cute.
>>
File: 184.gif (210KB, 566x640px) Image search: [Google]
184.gif
210KB, 566x640px
>>95328365
>all others failed?
ok
>>
>>95328468
>the only "successful" web comic is that one about the hipsters and tranny and that's because the author has been doing it since 2000 and has those sweet patronbux from SJWs
Weird, that doesn't sound like the plot to One punch man
>>
"not successful until it's finished".

Reminds me of the wise Greeks: No life can be called successful until you are dead.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.