[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was the message in the end? That he needs to change his

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 375
Thread images: 48

File: image.jpg (92KB, 396x989px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
92KB, 396x989px
What was the message in the end? That he needs to change his lifestyle, go to college and gain new qualifications if he ever wants to get a new job as the job market always changes, and you should be responsible for keeping up with the change?
>>
THEY
>>
TOOK
>>
OUR
>>
JERBS
>>
>>95328101
>>95328108
>>95328113
>>95328121
We did it reddit!
>>
>>95328157

No worries, tumblr. Anything to make you smile :)
>>
File: der.jpg (52KB, 576x324px) Image search: [Google]
der.jpg
52KB, 576x324px
>>95328101
>>95328108
>>95328113
>>95328121
DERK ER DER
>>
>>95328079
Or a trade school.
>>
>>95328079
The moral of the story was that he just wanted to renovate his house but couldnt and didnt want to listen to Randy talk about renovating houses.
>>
>>95328079
I it's that even though a immigration has been scene as a real issue, it's still machines that are taking most of our jerbs.

I felt a lot of this was confusing myself, like they were afraid to really dig in deep cause they don't wan't to get too political... but I still don't want them to get too political.
>>
I have been thinking about the whole immigration problem for a while, and while they do take jobs, it's usually not the ones the working class complain about losing. While the immigrants usually work on farms, the working class are talking about factory and coal mining jobs. Jobs that are bing lost because of automation and outsourcing (factory jobs) or becoming obsolete and being incredibly unhealthy (coal mining). Putting a ban on immigration will not stop those kind of jobs from disappearing.

I feel bad for these people, but if they really want to succeed in an evolving market they need to be retrained for other more relevant jobs. The only real options for these people are that it becoming welfare queens

I'm not dissing anyone and think immigration is a problem, but to think that stopping immigration will bring all the jobs you want back is just plain wrong
>>
>>95328327
The problem has never been menial jobs. As shown in the episode, these are easily automatable, and are automated because they're degrading. They were trying to segue into mexicans and other shit but it's just not compatible. Look at japan and how they're almost completely immigrant free (except for some weeaboos from the west), and how they mamaged to become a superpower in manufacturing, without much labor of their own compared to the rest of asia.
That's not to say you can't brute force with pure labor, but to do that you need an extremely low exchange rate and a low efficiency/productivity to begin with in order for the economics to work, both of which china has and the US doesn't. Also, china has a homogeneous racial demographic, and the government is actively ostracizing any fringe religious/traditional groups within the country itself.
>>
>>95328079
Well, first of all, getting angry at immigrants and black people because you don't have a job is stupid because they aren't the reason you don't have a job, they're just an easy scapegoat that dumb people are pre-disposed to buy into.
Second of all, you aren't entitled to a job. If you don't have any real skills, you shouldn't expect to get what you want, you need to work for it.
And finally, change is inevitable, you need to adpat to change and work hard instead of whining and trying to make things the way they used to.
Also, waving confederate flags isn't gonna get you any symapthy from anyone.
>>
As somebody who recently got into those HGTV renovating shows last year, I was really looking forward to this episode like they did with Randy and the celebrity cooking shows. And then it got hijacked by political bullshit and the plot line went nowhere. Episode should've been about Randy competing with south park versions of the home renovating reality show hosts in an attempt to buy and flip the best house but things go to weird shit in traditional South Park fashion
>>
doot doot
>>
>>95328079
No matter what problems there are, you can always count on white people to fix em
>>
the way they resolved his problems with a home makeover made me think they don't have an answer for it and offered something silly instead
>>
>>95328327
>>95329139

What jobs are Dreamers taking?
>>
>>95328079
that there was a place in the new america for everyone
but is there really?
>>
>>95328327
how about programmers being fired and replaced by outsurcing work to india?
>>
>>95328079
>neet
>want to get a job
>buy newspaper, open the job offers section
>all the adds are asking for women only
>go around the Neighbourhood looking for signs on th windows
>all the signs are also looking for women only unless its an add for a delivery booy but i dont own a bike or have a driving license
>could try to learn something or ge some certification but i have anxiety and im afraid of the people there judging me to the point i drop out a week after i try something like that
>tried therapy so many times but they dont even understad what im talking about and cant offer me any solution or any way of getting past it
>they tried to drug me and i dont even want to talk about that
honestly i would take a factory job or work at a mine now or cleaning or gardening or working at a farm, or a kitchen or a warehouse im just rottiing away infront of a screen
>>
>>95330898
>implying code monkeys are people with real human feelings and needs
>>
>>95330898
I'm a sys admin. I got laid off last week.

Not only did my company replace me with three Indian's based in Mumbai who combined are cheaper than me, they made me train them before they got rid of me.
>>
>>95328079
There really wasn't a message, just a bunch of bait and switches
>It's going to be about racists hating minorities
>Nope it's about them hating automation
>Oh hey Daryll went off in a rant about hating minorities, Randy is going g to set him straight
>Nope turns out there was no metaphorical wall Daryll put up, he literally has a wall he can't take down
>>
>hahaha white people are so stupid, thank you based trey and matt
>w-wait why did Trump get a second term...?
>>
>>95328327
Illegal workers do fuck over honestly renovators though. Well unless you're the manager
>>
>>95331055
first they came for the coal miners but i did not listen for i was not a coal miner
>>
>>95330144
>and black people
I don't think anybody is accusing blacks of stealing jobs.
It's pretty much the only thing they don't steal.

Also when people complain about immigrants stealing jobs they aren't talking about immigrants being more skilled then them they are talking about companies laying off their workers and hiring undocumented immigrants for pennies , no amount of certs or experience is going to make you able to compete with someone working for slave wages.
>>
>>95331013
>but i dont own a bike or have a driving license
So get one.
> but i have anxiety and im afraid of the people there judging me to the point i drop out a week after i try something like that
Get over it and get a job.
>>
>>95331155
do you want more black characters in south park to make fun of?
>>
>>95328327
No shit. Outsourcing was the real problem. Why do you think Trump was elected? because he said he would tax the companies more for that.
>>
>>95331216
>So get one
with what money?
>you have internet
paid by my parents
>you have a computer
its not mine its my parents
>sell something else
i dont own anything that anyone would buy except for my bed
>get over anxiety
i tried and i cant
the way you think it works is that i go there, find out is not as bad as i think it is and i keep going and working until its gone
the way it really works is that im even more afraid tto go back there a second time than i was to show up on the first place
if it only gets worse and the anxiety and fear grows then i cant get over it
>>
>>95331272
Outsourcing is the elephant in the room everybody refuses to address
>>
>>95328327
The reason Americans (not just whites) don't want to work on farms is because the wages are low. The reason the wages are low is because of immigrants are ready to work for nothing.
Immigration harm the local working class while benefiting the rich.
>>
>>95331187
No, I've never bought that shit because I am not a leftist idiot.
>>
>>95331349
then you should have spoken out about it
now its too late
>>
>>95331363
You're a fuckhead.
>>
>>95331055
>Globalization encourages outsourcing in order to minimize labor costs
>Labor wages are channeled out of the country
>Savings are naturally passed upwards towards executives
>Somehow this is supposed to benefit the now jobless working class

Is globalization just the Left version of trickle-down economics?
>>
>>95331341
This
>LOL THEY TAKE THE JOBS NOBODY WANTS!
No they take the jobs uneducated people and teenagers should be doing and do them for 50 cents an hour and then call white people lazy and entitled for not working for those wages
>>
>>95331394
There is no difference
>>
>>95331379
im sorry but thats the truth
you where too afriad to say something bcause you didnt want to lose your job
and then you lost your job anyways
and there is some guy who could have said something about that but didnt because he didnt want to lose his job
guess who is next
thats just reality, when you let them replace other people you are also letting them replace you, you thought that you where above it so better keep quiet but nobody is above it and veryone is going to end up like this because when you are not rich or poor you are a target
>>
>>95331468
You're a fuckhead and a cunt. You know nothing about me you piece of shit.
>>
>>95331493
scream all you want but you are taking your anger out in the wrong person
i didnt fire you, im not one of those indians working for peanuts
wouldnt you rather do something about it than sitting infront of your computer all day in your underwear drinking beer and cursing people?
>>
>>95331298
All of your problems are your own. Either fight through your anxiety or actually take the medication that's prescribed to you.

Seriously, what kind of fucking idiot goes to a therapist and says "they tried to drug me" like it's a bad thing? Either your anxiety is all in your head and you can work through it on your own, or you can't because it's caused by a chemical imbalance and you do in fact need medication to get through it. You can't have it both ways.
>>
>>95331523
No, you're the right person.

I am the one who did speak up. This is why I was targetted first.

You can go fuck your grandmother you 12-year-old virgin retard.
>>
>>95331542
then you have to keep speaking, make it clear that they cant shut you up by taking your job away
otherwise they are right and they won, a little bit of slander and corporate pressure is all it takes to take you down
what else do you have to lose now? are they going to beat you up and throw you into a dungeon for speaking?
>>
>>95331534
that medication made me fat, made me stupid, made me tired all the time
it actually pushed me to suicide
medication int magic pills to make the ugly go away, its just random shit that generates a reaction in the brain and big pharma turned into a pill because they can sell it and get away with it
>try another one
i did
>try another one then
i did too
i spent years on that ride, at least now im not taking part on it, i was never so miserable in my life as i was taking those pills
>>
>>95331645
Then I guess you better buck up and start getting over it.
>>
>>95331645
well then guess you are fucked
you got any plans for killing yourself once your parents are gone?
>>
>>95331675
im actually going to get all their money and stuff when they dieso it wont be an issue for a long time
>>
>>95331698
and once the money its gone?
you have never taken care of yourself, do you even know how to manage a house?
have any idea how expensive your lifestyle is at least?
what will you do when something breaks down and you need to deal with a plumber or other strangers? does anxiety prevents that too?
>>
>>95330144
>Second of all, you aren't entitled to a job. If you don't have any real skills, you shouldn't expect to get what you want, you need to work for it.
Governments arn't entitled to a placid populace either. If they want to make us work for 3rd world wages and cripple our voting power with 3rd demographic replacement they can damn well expect a 3rd world rate of civil unrest, criminal activity, and revolutionary sentiment. Waving a Confederate flag is primarily a threat of rebellion, turns out Americans have the right to threaten that.
>>
>>95331187
>first they came for the coal miners but i did not listen for i was not a coal miner
The coal mining jobs are being more than offset by the solar and wind jobs. Factually, go look it up.

Coal mining is heavily automated now by necessity, it hasn't been a massive employer in ages.
>>
>>95331736
>you have never taken care of yourself
i dont
>do you even know how to manage a house?
i live alone
>have any idea how expensive your lifestyle is at least?
i do
>what will you do when something breaks down and you need to deal with a plumber or other strangers?
im not afraid of strangers, especially strangers in my home
its when im outside in some place with lots of them that i begin to panic so much that i cant take it, when i tried higher education i just felt that i didnt belong there that i wasnt good enough, that someone else should have my place that it was obvious for everyone that i shouldnt be there, that i was never going to achieve anything and that i failed before i stepped into the room and it got worse and worse, i almost caused a fire because i left a pot on the stove for two days without notticing it beccause i was too busy freaking out and feeling like shit
im not as good as everyone else, im never going to be able to compete with them, im just a good for nothing neet that could very well still be a little kid because there are kids out there that are better than me at everything, how am suppossed to fix that? its too late, i regret living my life, i wish it didnt happen, i have to put up with 2/3 of it more and then at least i get to die
>>
>>95331418
This. Minimum wage has its benefits and negatives but for this sort of work, especially seasonal farm work, I feel like it should be lower to discourage use of imported cheap immigrant labour. We see it here in the UK, you've got camps, basically company towns where Eastern Europeans are technically paid minimum wage, but in reality are paid much much less while having very poor accommodation and food provided for them taken out of their salary, and can only spend part of their pay in commissaries and such. Prior to this, you'd have people in the cities and such going out to the countryside in summer and autumn working the land before heading back; typically part time workers, teenagers, etc.
>>
>>95328079
>as the job market always changes, and you should be responsible for keeping up with the change?
That part's true
>>
File: Romney.jpg (27KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
Romney.jpg
27KB, 460x276px
>>95331797
You need to go wave your delightful little battle flag in front of Corporate Headquarters, not the local city park, friendo.

You'd be protesting the people who actually stole your prosperity, but then you'd be anti-Free Market. What a conundrum!
>>
>>95331911
That's not free market, it's globalist corporatism.
>>
File: Romney2.jpg (256KB, 618x504px) Image search: [Google]
Romney2.jpg
256KB, 618x504px
>>95331950
And isn't it just swell how those seem to go hand-in-hand in America?
You wouldn't want to tie our hands with nasty government oversight as to where we build what, or who we pay taxes to would you?

Why, we are the guy who create those jobs! (somewhere).
>>
I was too distracted by the absolute shitjob audio mixing of this episode
>>
>>95331950
Guess what, that's the logical endgame of unregulated markets that only care about profit. In a truly free market, the government does nothing, therefore corporations are free to screw whoever they want and have no reason to even pretend to care about workers.
>>
>>95330813
>they don't have an answer for it and offered something silly instead
Isn't that typical SP though? They don't have the answers, they just make fun of it?
>>
>>95331797
>Waving a Confederate flag is primarily a threat of rebellion
I thought it was supposed to be about pride in your heritage? Keep your talking points straight.
>>
>>95331542
Sure, he's being a shithead by rubbing it in, but...

He's right, the person you should be angry at is yourself and the company. The company for doing this to you. Yourself for not booby trapping your system, setting up obstructive scripts, or at the very least not refusing to train your fucking outsourced replacements once it was clear what was happening.

I understand you are angry, outraged even, but we can't help or hurt you here, only shitpost about it.
>>
>>95331988
>oh no goverment is too big so now corporations are buying their way into it with lobby
>better vote for a bigger goverment to stop that
being a libertarian is suffering
>>
File: Romney3.jpg (184KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
Romney3.jpg
184KB, 1280x800px
>>95332012
It's easier to blame negroes and beaners for gutting the country's blue collar manufacturing base (somehow).

Also, when you go all Charlotte on Big Industry, they don't fuck around. Hundred or so years ago, Labor found this out, they call out the Goon Squad, the local and State police, and try to fuck you up real bad.

'Course in the end Labor got a decent living wage and working conditions out of it, but it was a harder struggle than larping as Colonel Klink.
>>
>>95328079
I'm having trouble figuring this out, because it just seemed so blatant what they were trying to say that it's hard to find an underlying meaning. It really looks like they spent 24 minutes yelling at a bunch of dumb hicks that they're obsolete dumb hicks. There was no big twist, no subtle jab, it was just "these racist protestors are just pissed off they're obsolete now!"

In their mind, the moral is that everyone needs to start going to college and everything will be okay. Nevermind that the JERB market for graduating college students sucks, and that automation is really going to come after pretty much everyone at some point. It's treated as inevitable, but why? Why does it have to be inevitable? What efficiency is gained when no one can afford to buy anything, even if the lack of workers gives you an extra 10 cents off for a bottle of orange juice? That's the inevitable, millions out of a livelihood so a select few can enjoy stuff that is 10 cents cheaper. I can never understand why all of these people are cheering for us to be obsolete, like they think the world is going to somehow magically become better when they don't have to work. You think those automating corporations are going to spread the wealth, when the whole point of automation is getting rid of expensive employees in the name of efficiency. So naive.

They completely missed the mark with the protestors, too. Definitely not a radical centrist approach, where they call out everyone for being idiots and make both sides look the same. Having a bunch of fat neckbeard LARPs wearing swastikas and black face masks fighting one another over something that ended up being a different interpretation of the same thing would've been the way to go. Of course, you'd need to end it with Caitlin Jenner driving through the crowd.

For those who are going to say I'm butthurt, I went back and watched "Goobacks" (S8E7) to see if I still found that funny, and I laughed. A lot.
>>
File: bill-gates.jpg (30KB, 770x476px)
bill-gates.jpg
30KB, 770x476px
>>95332075
>Government has ever been to big for Big Business to influence easily.

Suffering a lack of oxygen to the brain, amiright?
>>
>>95331534
To be fair, it is possible to overcome that shit without drugs too, was offered em as a kid, declined since i was allowed to make the choice myself, and the side effects are much MUCH worse then "advertised" and can even make shit spiral down harder, declining the "get well" pill is very much a justified choice.

Unlike Anon up there i spent my NEETdom in Cocoon mode though and ended up moving out once i did get a job, the main difference is mentality, Anon seems to have given up while i was in continual state of self improvement because "OH GOD I DON'T WANNA BE LIKE CWC!"
>>
>>95332075
Being a Libertarian involves a miraculous lack of historical context.
>>
>>95332067
A symbol means many things to many people.

Americans are a rebellious people, being proud to be an American, means on some level, being proud of being the descent of rebels. Confederates were just double rebels.
>>
File: 1495471278193.jpg (14KB, 383x336px) Image search: [Google]
1495471278193.jpg
14KB, 383x336px
>>95330839
college enrollment slots, scholarship and grant money from qualified american citizens, mostly.
>>
>>95332141
>replying you dont know enough about history without pinpoiting a specific time and place
i guess nobody knows enough about history following those stabdards
>>
>>95332154
You're confusing Dreamers with Chad McLargecock and the College Football Industry.
>>
>>95332075
The lobbyists can't control everything the government does, otherwise there would be no regulations and taxes on the rich would be 0. Lobbyists can push and prod some politicians, but at the end of the day politicians still have to answer to their voters so they have to do things that the lobbyists don't like. Also, some people in government genuinely do want to regulate and stop the corporations for ideological reasons, they're the people that the Republicans hate the most.
>>
>>95330144
>If you don't have any real skills, you shouldn't expect to get what you want, you need to work for it.
I agree, we should end welfare and I'm dead fucking serious
>>
>>95328157
why do you hide behind sarcasm?
>>
>>95332075
Hey, at least you can keep pretending that a libertarian state would actually work. Unlike the communists, nobody has ever tried it, and therefore you didn't have to suffer the embarrassment of seeing it fail and then coming up with excuses.
>>
File: Stan_Smith_7736.png (74KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Stan_Smith_7736.png
74KB, 320x240px
>>95332167
No, I mean you broadly ignore the historical effects of largely unregulated Big Business not only in the US, but across the world.

To be a Libertarian means believing that Smurf Village is a realistic and viable model for a nation.
>>
>>95332222
>To be a Libertarian means believing that Smurf Village is a realistic and viable model for a nation.
Weren't the Smurfs commies? They didn't even have money, and the one time they did everybody there hated it so they abandoned it.
>>
>>95332184
>The lobbyists can't control everything the government does
>otherwise there wouldnt be taxes
how can you tax money that isnt there?
>at the end of the day politicians still have to answer to their voters
no, they answer to the media who is owned by the same corporations pushing for lobby
>some people in government genuinely do want to regulate and stop the corporations
the entire system is designed so nobody like that can ever get any amount of power
>>
>>95332175
selling college foosball is how you fund a university, homeboy.

'dreamers' have zero respect for america (as evidenced by their blatant disregard for your immigration and naturalization laws and process) and seek only to take our resources.

you wanna be an american? great! love to have ya, now take it to the back of the line and wait like everybody else. when you get to the front i got a yankees cap and a hotdog for ya.
>>
File: Avery.jpg (26KB, 312x232px) Image search: [Google]
Avery.jpg
26KB, 312x232px
>>95332240
Communism and Libertarianism both require exactly the same amount of Innate Human Benevolence to function.

Which is to say, an utterly unrealistic amount of it. You are getting closer to understanding I think.
>>
>>95332108
>these racist protestors are just pissed off they're obsolete now!
>racist protestors
I don't recall them calling them racist. They seemed pretty okay with them being rednecks and waving the confederate flags at the end of the day. Seems to me that you're just projecting onto the obvious bait and switch they pulled by using imagery similar to Charlottsville.
They specifically used that shit and the description of the episode to make it seem like it was a race thing or about the alt-right when really it was JUST about shit like the coal industry where jobs are being lost to automation and new technology.

And the moral isn't that you have to go to college, it's that instead of sitting with shit that doesn't work you need to start from a new foundation. There's plenty of programs, especially for shit like coal miners, that are focused on simple training to get them into new job fields.

Also, the episode could be seen as referencing the show itself here. Matt and Trey know Season 20 sucked ass. The idea of "starting from a new foundation" could also be meant to apply to how they are trying to cut off shit from S20 like Heidi.
>>
>>95332217
>at least you can keep pretending that a libertarian state would actually work
i would rather a state than doesnt work over a state that works directly opposed to the citizens interest
>>
>>95331534
>Seriously, what kind of fucking idiot goes to a therapist and says "they tried to drug me" like it's a bad thing?

Because when you go to see three different therapists who each prescribe a different drug as soon as you say "I feel depressed," without ever even going over what's wrong, it doesn't look like they're doing their job right.
>>
>>95332268
>selling college foosball is how you fund a university, homeboy.
And here I thought it was how you fund 8 figure coach salaries and stadiums that rival the NFL.
Silly me.
>>
>>95332296
>i would rather a state than doesnt work
Go to Somalia then.
>>
>>95332240
they probably where commies in wich none of them worked and the only problem was some vague outside threath that was responsible for everything bad that ever happenned
in reality it was a show in the same vein as my litle pony where we never see anyone work but everyone has a home to sleep in and food on their plates
>>
File: 1503360453918.png (518KB, 600x615px) Image search: [Google]
1503360453918.png
518KB, 600x615px
>>95332300
do you really not see the correlation or are you 'only pretending to be retarded'?
>>
>>95332338
i would argue that there is an equivalent of a state in somalia with the armed gangs
only problem being its a state in constant war
>>
>>95332338
nah, minneapolis gets too cold in the winter.
>>
>>95332376
>i would argue that there is an equivalent of a state in somalia with the armed gangs
And wouldn't a stateless free market where corporations have mercenaries to impose their will on others also be the equivalent of a state?
>>
>>95332452
>stateless free market
you are confusing me with an anarchist
>>
>>95332490
You're a libertarian, that makes you an anarchist whether you like it or not.
>>
>>95332108
How the fuck is this so difficult for people to understand.

The point is not "go to college". Randy is making a living literally just knocking down walls with a fucking sledge hammer while berating someone for being too uneducated to get "real job" when the reality is that people in Deryl's economic situation don't always have avenues available to them to uplift themselves.

The main joke of the episode was that Randy is more concerned with the redneck's making his "white people" show look bad rather than actually addressing why they're rioting in the first place.

Replacing Alexa with the rednecks also servers to highlight the absurdity of automation and our increasingly technology dependent lives. In order to get the red necks jobs the only recourse Randy is able to come up with is to give them a job of a machine whose function was never meant for humans in the first place. They took Alexa's job, not the other way around. But what places are left for these people in a society that is becoming more and more reliant on technology to fulfill all of our needs and desires, even companionship as we see with Cartman?

This episode had some very awkward pacing, but the commentary was absolutely on point. The only flaw is it seems to have gone over most critics heads because they can't see that the joke is on them, not the rednecks.
>>
>>95332557
This.
>>
Humanity is in the early stages of a global crisis never seen before

The population sits in at 7 billion and is expected to grow to 9 billion by 2050 at the same time we have introduced such automation that many jobs/tasks/demands are being phased out.

We are approaching an era with vastly more humans than ever before while less and less jobs are being made available.

At the same time we face a global food shortage as food production/food yield cannot possibly meet the tremendous levels of human food consumption.
>>
>>95332557
you seem to have some bad missconceptions of what being a libertarian means
protip im not an anarcho-capitalist, i dont support private owned police
>>
Everyone in the gay pile
>>
>>95332557
Small government does not mean no government

Anarchist capitalists are not libertarians and vice versa
>>
>>95328327
>Only 4% of illlegal workers work in agriculture
http://www.pewhispanic.org/2009/04/14/a-portrait-of-unauthorized-immigrants-in-the-united-states/

Most illegals work in the service sector as maids, landscapers, food prep etc.
>>
>>95332651
>At the same time we face a global food shortage as food production/food yield cannot possibly meet the tremendous levels of human food consumption.
This is complete and utter horseshit.
The world produces more than enough food to feed everyone. The main crisis in the USA lately has been the crashing price of staple grains, which is why a lot of farms are converting over to "specialty crops" for big millenial bux.

The "big crisis" is a familiar one, the concentration of enormous wealth into the hands of a few ruthless profiteers.

You're literally frightened of imaginary bullshit.
>>
>>95332285
They're waving Confederate flags around while carrying tiki torches and had Darryl go on a rampage about killing all the Muslims, blacks, and Mexicans.

>There's plenty of programs, especially for shit like coal miners, that are focused on simple training to get them into new job fields.

I always hear about these programs, but I never hear about their success or the actual jobs they train you for. Even then, how are you still going to find employment for everyone in the truck driving and mining industries. Look at pic related, see how many states have truck driver as their most prevalent profession. It's not a simple snap of the finger, just train people for other jobs kind of thing.

>Also, the episode could be seen as referencing the show itself here. Matt and Trey know Season 20 sucked ass. The idea of "starting from a new foundation" could also be meant to apply to how they are trying to cut off shit from S20 like Heidi.

Then have it be the whole country that needs a reset. Have an episode that focuses on everyone being enamored with their own lives and selves, without any care for anyone else, which is exactly what I see in this country today. Like when the protestors came past Randy during the houseflip show, their lives being ruined was just seen as an annoyance to the lives of the have's. While uppity white people are only worried about getting their houses fixed, people are facing real problems out there, and we aren't going to solve it by boxing ourselves in. I thought that's what they were going for at first, fix the guy's house, then at the end have him say, "but wait, what about the jerb? How am I going to pay for this?" That's when everyone realizes, hey, maybe this isn't such a quick fix like we thought.

Maybe I'm just butthurt, whatever. Either way, the show has sucked for 2-3 seasons and doesn't look to be getting much better.
>>
File: 1456245991269.gif (3MB, 290x189px)
1456245991269.gif
3MB, 290x189px
>>95331797
>they can damn well expect a 3rd world rate of civil unrest, criminal activity, and revolutionary sentiment. Waving a Confederate flag is primarily a threat of rebellion, turns out Americans have the right to threaten that.

I love it when amerifats actually think they'd have the guts or means to actually engage in any truly rebellious actions. The populace is way too content turning their brains off as they turn on netflix and clog their arteries with burgers.
>>
>>95332728
You know how it is, the world/humanity must always be doomed.

Seriously, when i was a kid i read a TINFOIL magazine and thw world should have ended over 30 times over already due social changes, starvation, nuclear war and of course Y2K and Mayna calender, oh and meteors so many THIS METOR GONNA KILL HUMANITY IN A DECADE.
>>
>>95332651
global food shortage is a meme, 1/2 the food we produce every year gets thrown out unused. The actual food problem is distribution because most of the food is produced where it isn't needed the most
>>
File: 1505339822167.png (5KB, 472x508px) Image search: [Google]
1505339822167.png
5KB, 472x508px
>>95332651

>Overpopulation is a problem.
>But every country whose native population is in decline is or is being told to take in hundreds of thousands of immigrants in order to keep the population rising.
>Most of these immigrants are also only capable of doing jobs that will be replaced by robots within the next 5-10 years, leaving them absolutely fucked.
>>
File: blazing-saddles-gun4.jpg (39KB, 205x215px) Image search: [Google]
blazing-saddles-gun4.jpg
39KB, 205x215px
>>95332747
>Then have it be the whole country that needs a reset.
The problems in America aren't going to be solved by a Magic Rally Party and a quick revolution. Plenty of other nations have tried this to terrible effect.

The problems in this country require diligent work and oversight, some sacrifice (even by the upper tier omg!) and a re-examination of our Nation's founding values and applying them in earnest, not just to (people like me).

Larping as a bunch of white viking aryan heroes accomplishes nothing but distraction from the hard work that's needed.
>>
File: 1423864961106.jpg (41KB, 500x389px) Image search: [Google]
1423864961106.jpg
41KB, 500x389px
>>95331950
You can't seriously be so stupid/brainwashed to think there's actually any difference.
>>
You fucking /pol/fags make me sick
>>
>>95332708
thats because farm work is mostly seasonal so they hav to find other shit to do
mexicans get away with taking so much work because they earn below minimum wage (minimum wage being something the right is against) and they are willing to share a shoebox appartment with 5 other families
lower class americans arent willing to lower their life quality that much because honestly thats abusive to expect half your citizens to live that way
Also mexicans arent willing to live like that, why do you assume that every mexican who ilegally crosses the border stays when it makes more sense to work as much as you can ilegaly when you are young only to come back when you are older with the equivalent of 100 years of honest work in mexico?
>>
>>95332823
>The problems in America aren't going to be solved by a Magic Rally Party and a quick revolution
the problem will be fixed when they can no longer afford to spend so much money on people
its not a sustainable system to get more debt and spend more money, at some point its going to end one way or another
>>
>>95332824
in a free market overwhelming debt by the banking sector isnt absorved by the goverment
>>
File: General_Dwight_D._Eisenhower.jpg (707KB, 2188x2725px) Image search: [Google]
General_Dwight_D._Eisenhower.jpg
707KB, 2188x2725px
>>95332914
That's like letting an infection spread in your leg because it's going to be over one way or the other.
It's stupid and defeatists. The nation has accomplished great things in worse scenarios.
The issue is that too many people at the Top and the Bottom are content to be ticks bleeding the system.
>>
File: And its gone.jpg (90KB, 960x540px)
And its gone.jpg
90KB, 960x540px
>>95332942
True, they just tell everyone who held money in their institution that they've lost everything (lel!)

When you scrape together more savings, you are Free to take your business elsewhere!
>>
>>95332955
>It's stupid and defeatists
its the only solution left
there is more debt already than its possible to pay, not only in the us, pretty much anywhere but japan.
At this point it isnt possible to go back, only double down
if you dont like it go beat an elderly person up i guess, they fucked it up for everyone
>>
>>95328079
I liked that he opened up to Randy and that Randy offered a solution to his load-bearing wall.

Although the plot was silly and almost nonsensical, I like that their open communication resulted in everyone being happy, while acknowledging their differences.
>>
>>95333028
>there is more debt already than its possible to pay
Because we owe more than we produce in a year?
I guess you never intend to take a house loan.

You're just a pathetic quitter and complainer who's content to curl up and let the system carry you.
>>
>>95328079
His messages was, "hurr durr i hate technology, i hate foreigners" because the writers aren't capable of anything but unfunny strawmen.

The real fucking problem in this episode is how the Cartman breakup was handled, literally nothing happened, he didn't do anything, he just broke up with her, in the most mundane possible way. "HAHA CARTMAN PRETENDED SOMEONE ELSE WAS THE PROBLEM WHEN IT WAS HIM, WE'VE NEVER MADE THIS JOKE BEFORE."
Jesus Christ, this was the most interesting way they could think to get rid of her character? No shipping crate to Albuquerque? No framing for a crime? No chili?
>>
File: 1503924648389[1].png (886KB, 1334x750px)
1503924648389[1].png
886KB, 1334x750px
Just caught the episode, him and Randy were pretty great, probably the highlight.
Relating Randy's reenovation work to the closed mindset got me gud
>>
>>95332268
>>95332300
Barely any NCAA teams turn a profit, and those only exist in D1. It's a cash pit that only takes resources away from education, you know, the thing that a university is supposed to promote.

http://www.acenet.edu/news-room/Pages/Myth-College-Sports-Are-a-Cash-Cow2.aspx
>>
>>95333008
>True, they just tell everyone who held money in their institution that they've lost everything
no, they just absorb all the debt into the system and see what happens next?
i can tell you what happens next, more sensless war against countries who cant defend themselves to protect private interests, more opressionn against the people, more poverty, the decline of the overall quality of life, people become reclusive, culture goes to shit, tensions arise, unemployment gets higher, class movility goes away, young people cant into education or employment, people stop reproducing.
Who knows what the consequences of all of this will be in 50 years? right now we need autmation because it could be the only thing left to save the system (it wont) its either move into a post currency system somehow or sit back and watch it burn
>>
>>95333100
how are you going to fix it?
how are you going to pay the debt while also supporting all the public comodities that people expect while also giving old people pensions and medical care while also giving poor people free money so they dont starve while also supporting a metric ton of goverment workers and free education for children and this and that
first step is to not take any more debt right? if you stop getting into debt the system colapses, if you cant stop getting debt because you need debt to support everything then how are you going to pay debt back?
>>
>>95331055
Did you train them wrong, as a joke?
>>
>>95332695
Most libertarians here on 4chan seem to be ancaps though.
>>
>>95332661
>i dont support private owned police
How exactly is private owned police better?
>>
File: 270px-Nafta.jpg (22KB, 270x182px)
270px-Nafta.jpg
22KB, 270x182px
>>95328079
>What was the message in the end?
That it's okay to take multifaceted sociopolitical issues and degrade them into simple mocking phrases, making people not take such topics seriously because a violent cartoon said you're silly for addressing such topics.

By the way, anyone old enough to remember NAFTA?
>>
>>95328327
Wages actually go up when illegals aren't working in those jobs anymore. Illegal immigrants are just a way for companies to get away with paying their workers less.
>>
File: 1479515292551.png (367KB, 680x656px)
1479515292551.png
367KB, 680x656px
>>95333291

They aren't, that's the joke.
>>
>>95333147
what is 'economic inductance', alex?

just because the foosball money isn't directly funneled into STEM or arts programs doesn't mean the threads aren't connected. pull the foosball thread out and the whole sweater unravels.
>>
>>95333401
>We can't remove this parasite, why then you'd be unable to function at all!
>>
File: Majorine.jpg (65KB, 1280x720px)
Majorine.jpg
65KB, 1280x720px
>>95333130
He'd need to deal with her /fit/ dad first.
>>
File: 1491532983664.png (174KB, 326x326px) Image search: [Google]
1491532983664.png
174KB, 326x326px
>everyone always calls white people whining about jobs racists
>be an immigrant
>we actually do take all their jobs because of government corruption that brings in a bunch of illegals through shady means to essentially run a racket
>its even worse in spanish sanctuary cities where rich anglophized hispanics prey on spanish speaking poor hispanics through mafia style corruption

the kicker? I hear the same exact thing happens in chinatowns, I have some canadian friends who have a shitty time because their town that recently got bought up by chinese people is now full of employers that're racist towards whites, and the funnier thing is that that kind of thing is precisely what everyone tries to encourage black people to do.

Its almost like everyone is racist and white people are the only ones who're weird about it.
>>
>>95333130
>Jesus Christ, this was the most interesting way they could think to get rid of her character? No shipping crate to Albuquerque? No framing for a crime? No chili?

Would've been the best thing for them to do to prove they were reverting back to an old state. A lot of people, myself included, felt bad for Heidi in the episode. She really seemed to love Cartman, and having some really fucked up ending where Cartman just ruins her life to get rid of her would've been so fucked up, it would be perfect. Think about it, how can you top feeding someone's parents to them in front of everyone? Spending an entire year building up this character, watching her fall in love with Cartman, and then have Cartman just revert back to his old self by killing her parents, putting the gun in her hand, and having the police arrest her. End the episode with Cartman around the guys who are giving him death glares and Cartman saying "see you guys, everything is koool now."
>>
>>95333456
it's inextricable at this point. apply your degree in intersectionalism to see how all of the various pieces fit and interact with eachother.
>>
>>95328327
>a population of people that spent their lives and money training in order to work in specific service jobs and manual labor fields
>automation is an inevitability and immigrants coming to work for lower wages
>occupations end up being taken away from native citizens and prior generations of legal immigrants
>"LOL You guys just need to be retrained"
>>
>>95331324
because outsourcing made shit dirt cheap to buy all these years
>>
>>95333291
imagine if calling the cops was like ordering a pizza
>>
>>95331418

That's just capitalism, bitch
>>
>>95333614
>minimum wage
>>
>>95333607
What a weird analogy.
What happens if I don't have enough money to pay for the "pizza"?
>>
>>95333637
you split the difference with the guy robbing you, or you share the cell tonight.
>>
>>95333524
>>a population of people that spent their lives and money training in order to work in specific service jobs and manual labor fields
The entire point of a lot of those jobs is that they DON'T have specialized training. That's why you can get immigrants and robots to do them.
>>
>>95333637
you get into debt
debt with the police
that will make you think twice about calling them over that drunk hobo beating up garbage cns in the alley wont it?
>>
>>95328079
That comedy cartoons shouldn't talk about politics.
>>
>>95333637
You get a city like Camden New Jersey where they just don't show up.
>>
>>95333673
thats just a family buisness
>>
>>95333614
It's crony capitalism. If we have to accept all of these economic migrants coming in from poor countries to drive wages down, then why can't we buy pharmaceuticals from India for a slither of the cost here? Why do the large companies get to benefit from this godsend that is globalism, and then get to turn around and say consumers can't benefit from it as well from buying abroad? Why do they get to have what is essentially a tariff that favors their expensive product, but we don't get one that favors our wages?
>>
>>95333707
n-no
you need the state to regulate the safety of the things you consume
when has the state failed at keeping the citizens healthy?
>>
>>95333707
>It's crony capitalism.
The "crony" is silent.
>Why do the large companies get to benefit from this godsend that is globalism, and then get to turn around and say consumers can't benefit from it as well from buying abroad? Why do they get to have what is essentially a tariff that favors their expensive product, but we don't get one that favors our wages?
Because then they'll use their media empires to accuse you of being a socialist or shifting the blame to brown people while continuing to underpay them under the table.
Hell, that's the real reason the US has always forced the meme o thef cowardly frenchmen, our corporate masters don't want us remembering that country that overthrew their wealthy.
>>
File: 1450930570337.png (183KB, 378x415px)
1450930570337.png
183KB, 378x415px
>>95333673
Every year ever since I was a kid I've seen news stories about the massive amounts immigrants suffering human rights violations such as corporate encampment, physical abuse, wage fixing, and even unlawful agricultural slavery. Why does human trafficking rarely come up when discussing topics surrounding immigration when it's a powerful and ever-present issue?
>>
>>95332297
Why are you going to a psychiatrist instead of a psychologist?
>>
>>95333767
>india is not capable of handeling the production of dangerous medications but they do a pretty good job at keeping the database with your medical history up and running
>>
>>95328079
The writers didn't know how to deal with what they had built up, so they just ended it in a nonsensical joke
>>
>>95333809
Cuz it's hard and it's not a phrase people can shout to win an argument.
>>
>>95333635
Minimum wage is anti-capitalism.
>>
>>95333811
>go to psychologist
>mention depresion
>he inmediately derivates you to a psychatrist
>>
>>95328327
>While the immigrants usually work on farms
no they were everywhere that doesn't require a degree
so any shop/restaurant you go into will have them
>>
>>95333874
then how is the system capitalist?
>>
>>95332651
its going to co-inside with very poor race relations aswell
there will be a civil war amongst government and races
>>
>illegal immigrants don't pay for social security and can be exposed to completely illegal working conditions
>lol you white folks are total lazy scumbags for not working in those same conditions you can't legally work in
>>
>>95332808
The problem is distribution but you're writing it off as less substantial than it is. You can't just open a walmart in the middle of Africa and have it be magically stocked. People living in the first world have no frame of reference for how much infrastructure is in place just to keep them alive. If there's one thing people are actually guilty of its this completely misguided altruist attitude stemming from a complete lack of understanding when it comes to how economies and countries actually function.
>>
>>95333944
>we need a minimum wage, it should be a gorillion dollars because thats what people need to survive in america
>mexicans who come to the country ilegally an work ilegally for well under the minimum wage should still be allowed to do so because no american wants that crappy work anyways
how about you pay that mistical minimum wage and enforce the law and then figure out if americans are really to prude for that labor you massive hyocrites?
>>
>>95333900
It's not true capitalism should have no law except perhaps kill those who attempt monopoly or rather those who attempt to make a monopoly uncontestable.
>>
>>95334043
>It's not true capitalism
socialism?
>>
>>95334017
I don't think that was his point. Unless by America you mean company owners and they just dont care.
>>
>>95328327
you are not entitled to a job at all. a job is something a business decides to create, if they even want to. it's like b-school 101, that if you have to have a human in a paid position, you want to hire someone who can do the job for the least amount of money until they quit or are fired.

you do not have a right to any fucking job. NO ONE HAS THE RIGHT TO A JOB.

make your own fucking opportunities and shut the hell up
>>
>>95334087
>I don't think that was his point
it should be
because thats the problem
>>
>>95334079
Who knows. I honestly didn't read the post you were replying too.

I just wanted an excuse to tell people that minimum wage is evil, but so are conditions that create it's need.
>>
>>95334095
>try to do anything but get a job
>million different rules and monopolies already in place designed specifically to prevent you from doing so
>>
>>95333748
>when has the state failed at keeping the citizens healthy?
This has to be a joke, right?
There are a vast range of different areas in this country without suitable drinking water from the tap. This was a huge election topic in March of 2016, and yet the whole thing was swept under the rug after it served its purpose for both parties. Still not fixed. This doesn't even include the issues of fracking and methane seeping into the drinking water, which again, was allowed by the state "until further testing."
Or that the state allows doctors to prescribe any kid that can't pay attention in class a large dose of amphetamines? Same with pain killers being over prescribed. If the state is supposed to keep the people safe from this blatantly unsafe method of practicing medicine, why are they still allowing pharmaceutical companies and doctors to do it?
That's not keeping us safe.

Why can't they test these other drugs from other countries to make sure they're the same thing being produced here and allow for the global competition of drug prices in the US? Because it would cost too much money? I'd gladly let more of my tax dollars go to funding that research and testing instead of using it to subsidize large health corporations in the US that gouge us for the same drugs. What, do you think Indian companies are just going to put cocaine in their insulin?
>>
File: 1498507542003.gif (388KB, 500x382px) Image search: [Google]
1498507542003.gif
388KB, 500x382px
>>95334017
Itd be an amazing argument if no one knew what inflation was. Its probably why you think its something even worth typing now that I think about it....you havnt been alive more then 20 or so years so how would you know any better?
>>
>>95334095
>make your own fucking opportunities
Reminds me of those kids that made cancer drugs in their high school science lab. They've got the skills, they've got the means, but corporate patent law means they can't actually make the drug or sell it.
You can't make an opportunity when you've got the overlord slapping it out of your hands the second you step up to the plate. The "free market" is a myth.
>>
>>95334164
>buzzwords
>>95334163
thats the point
>>
>>95334164
how about this, we set the minimum wage as a dynamically generated number dependent on inflation?
>>
>>95334116
you cant have minimum wage and have a migrant class coming to work for less than it
how is it so hard to understand? by your own definition you are abusing the fuck out of htese people because of their ilegal status
>>
>>95333748
There's been a massive wave of food scandals in the EU because regulators weren't doing their jobs or were too lax in some countries.

It's hilarious because it happened right after the press was making a big deal about Britain leaving the EU meaning that they'd get chlorinated chicken from the US.
>>
>>95334206
That's not the free market. Free Market, they could make those drugs and sell them. What you have is monopolistic corporatism which is what Adam Smith and such argued AGAINST.
>>
>>95334095
Of course no one is entitled to a job, but when you make it impossible for people to get one, what are they to do? There's a thing called a social contract that exists within a nation. Check out the French Revolution to see what happens when that gets broken.

People aren't entitled to jobs, but companies shouldn't be entitled to buying our government and getting laws written in their favor too.
>>
>>95334282
>public sectorr workers not doing their jobs and fucking everything up
what else is new?
>>
>>95334246
Yes you can. You pay cash in hand and don't record it in the books. They get paid more than they would earn back home, you pay less, more profit.

This is why strong borders and national consciousnesses are a good thing.
>>
>>95333707
Because globalism is about freedom for capital, laborers can eat shit.
>>
>>95334306
unfortunately monopolistic corporatism is the end result of free market
anything else requires a degree of government control that makes a free market impossible to begin with
>>
File: 1470091957516.jpg (255KB, 1280x911px) Image search: [Google]
1470091957516.jpg
255KB, 1280x911px
>>95334210
You cant just say buzzwords and have inflation not matter. You do also live in the US right? How do you think ignoring the problem solves anything?
>>95334219
Would require explaining to 40% of the population why kids and beaners are getting paid 'so much'. Thats a much harder thing to do. When you have corps being shilled by hundreds of thousands of loyal paying costumers they become harder to make accountable. Just look at friendo above this, he genuinely thinks the problem is with mexicans.
>>
>>95334322
Funny thing was that the companies involved weren't aware; they thought their stuff was safe because it had gone through the process.
>>
File: mercantilism-and-the-empire-n.jpg (83KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
mercantilism-and-the-empire-n.jpg
83KB, 720x540px
>>95334357
Which is why mercantilism is where it's at.
>>
>>95334331
>Yes you can. You pay cash in hand and don't record it in the books
i mean its phisycally possible of course, what im saying is that its wrong, you are creatng a system that enforces the rules for some people while giving a free pass to another group
>>
>>95334361
unless you explain how inflation plays a role just saying inflation i won is using buzzwords
>>
>>95334386
and unfortunately any attempt to dismantle the current monopolies is entirely impossible
they are wealthy enough they decide legislation so any act that could overthrow them would by necessity also have to overthrow the entire government
>>
File: 1470188568481.jpg (153KB, 495x495px)
1470188568481.jpg
153KB, 495x495px
>>95334407
Do you actually not understand how inflation works? That because money loses its value over time prices need to increase to keep the cost of living the same? That when you raise the price of food due to inflation its so it actually costs the same amount as before not more? And so when you DONT raise minimum wages but do raise food prices you run into a situation where people cant live off of 2+ jobs? Am I fucking missing something here?
>>
>>95334492
i know what inflation is
>when you raise the price of food due to inflation its so it actually costs the same amount as before not more? And so when you DONT raise minimum wages but do raise food prices you run into a situation where people cant live off of 2+ jobs?
shouldnt that solve itself?
>>
>>95333232
You know the rules.
Where's the stream?
>>
>>95334341
Too bad that capital will wash away when the millions of unemployed laborers can't pay for the products that give you said capital and start rioting, causing the stocks holding your capital to plummet.
>>
File: 10284652.jpg (101KB, 640x853px)
10284652.jpg
101KB, 640x853px
>>95328079

sigh.. here let me refrase to you:

stop waving fucking flags at every shit you do like or not like! you fuckwits!!
>>
>>95334693
95% of antifa are unemplyed according to official numbers
>>
File: 10284649.jpg (39KB, 500x342px) Image search: [Google]
10284649.jpg
39KB, 500x342px
>>95334734

>little jew creating new myth and flase flags

ohh little jew.. what are you dong on /co?
>>
File: 1473969651787.jpg (65KB, 800x520px) Image search: [Google]
1473969651787.jpg
65KB, 800x520px
>>95334530
Well anon, since we are having this conversation at all, what do you think?
>>
>>95334734
95% of a small number of people. Keep in mind a lot of the people on the other side are in the same situation. Now imagine that if tens of millions, possibly even close to one hundred million were unemployed and can't feed themselves or their families. Too bad they'd be fighting one another instead of the people causing this despair.
>>
>>95328079
Adapt or die. Don't just stay doing things the same way and bitch when times change. Changing with the times can greatly improve your life.
>>
>>95334775
>Well

>little is carefully going all out. the 30 slivers are calling. the carefuly tacticaly question to the google A.I. was chosen and well placed one.

ohh litle jew what are you up to?
>>
File: 522.jpg (72KB, 600x851px) Image search: [Google]
522.jpg
72KB, 600x851px
>>95328079
>Tfw you will never own a jimbob
Doot doot
>>
/co/ is the dumbest board ever.
>>
>>95334774
what?
>>95334775
listen, you dont actually buy products from farmers or factories from that matter
you actually buy from stores and the price you pay has an enormus markup thats the profit from the people selling to you
now stores dont actually grow legs and walk away so what happens if a store is filled with products they cant sell?
>>
>>95332125
>"OH GOD I DON'T WANNA BE LIKE CWC!"
This legit helped me get out of my temporary, post-college NEET stage. Graduated last semester, spent the summer in my dad's basement playing monster hunter. Now i'm doing work in childcare and loving it, hopefully about to start working in a group home for severe autists.
>>
File: DI550ukXgAAUZlY.jpg (85KB, 636x470px)
DI550ukXgAAUZlY.jpg
85KB, 636x470px
>>95334819
>Adapt or die.

>the little jew decided to bebrave and went storming ahead "survive or die! kill them all and you are the best!"... 30 silvers were never that close.. the babyblood cocktails and virgin penis skin on haifa beach became suddenly very close and not just a dream
>>
>>95334804
>95% of a small number of people
doesnt take a considerable percentage of the population to riot
>>
>>95328079
That is what he gets for not going to college.
Even though he might not be able to afford college, or be unfit for higher learning.
>>
>>95334897
I know that, but all I'm saying is imagine when these groups have a much larger pool of the population to join them when even more jobs are lost in ten years time.
>>
>>95328204
That wasn't the moral. He was AFRAID to renovate his house because he believed that doing that would risk his whole house crashing down.

The whole episode was an analogy for people from blue-collar towns wanting their blue collar mining and manufacturing jobs to come back and blaming others for the loss of those jobs instead of realizing that those jobs will never come back because automation is here to stay. There are new career fields that they can go into but they don't want to do new things, they want to just stagnate in their old ways that are no longer viable.
>>
>>95334530
Well, as long as corporations exploit immigrants, legal and illegal, to work for below minimum salaries they can keep this up for a long time.

The people who can't sustain themselves because inflation is so bad will go into poverty and be effectively removed from all oppertunity.
The exploited immigrants are maybe even worse of, as they have to work 60 to 80 hour work weeks for peanuts, but don't quit because they are used to worse in their own countries and the money they send to their families is actually enough to just support them because of the difference in exchange rates and prices between countries.

And if they burn out and crash, hey, there is always a dozen other people willing to do their job instead. They can hold these people almost like hostages because of the number of others willing to do their jobs.

In theory it could, taken to extremes I don't believe will happen, devolve into some kind of corporate feudalism. Until after who knows how many decades an uprising happens because people just have nothing left to lose. But that scenario is very unlikely to happen.
>>
The message it's clear, it's making fun of white people having very minor or inexistant problems yet getting all the attention and having solutions handed to them.

They took their jurbs ? Actually the jobs are shitty and they don't want them, they just like to complain about it.

Existencial crisis ? Actually he just wanted his house renovated.

White people don't have real problems.

Same for Cartman, he claims to be abused because his GF just asked him to listen to her and to share his feelings. That's not a real problem yet he considers himself as a huge rape victim.
>>
>>95334934
>imagine when these groups have a much larger pool of the population to join them
they do, they dont get them to join because antifa is actually a group of stupid college students ad proffesors who belive in comunism because they spend all the time issolated from the rest of the world in cult like enviroments who are more interested in beating up people going to work than achieving anything
>>
>>95334939
>There are new career fields that they can go into but they don't want to do new things, they want to just stagnate in their old ways that are no longer viable.
I always hear about these new career fields that all of these people can train for and join, but what are they specifically? This is a massive amount of job loss, especially when all of the truck driving jobs get taken over. With post-grad unemployment also skyrocketing, where exactly are these people going to go? It seems like everyone but a small few gets shafted by automation.
>>
>>95334881
Well, if a storm is coming to wipe everything out. Will you leave, fortify or pretend that it's not coming and be washed away?

Too soon?
>>
File: 1493235081722.jpg (197KB, 500x690px) Image search: [Google]
1493235081722.jpg
197KB, 500x690px
>>95334827
How is it jew to increase min wage? Isnt that the opposite of jew?
>>95334862
>/int/
>>95334866
They start making endless 'millinials are ruining X industry' articles to try and shame people into buying more 'over-priced' stuff. They also lower quality and size to keep their margins the same without having to give out more money to beaners and kids. If your solution is collapse then fine, but you mind as well have just come out and said it.
>>
>>95334972
>remove wellfare
>now you cant get away with selling jelly filled burgers to unemployed people and you actually need to employ the population for them to have any money to spend in big macs
>>
>>95328327
>/co/ actually defends this

https://youtu.be/1fod_ADpgVo
>>
File: IMG_6868.png (73KB, 1200x667px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6868.png
73KB, 1200x667px
>>95335034
Well let's see.. what fields have job growth in contrast to the job losses that the coal industry has seen? Hmmmmm.
>>
>>95335101
>They start making endless 'millinials are ruining X industry' articles to try and shame people into buying more 'over-priced' stuff
not going to work if there isnt any money
>but there isnt any money already
no sweety, i mean if there is actually no money, what happens with the tripple stuffed oreos and the cereal flavored milk product if people are sruggling to afford rice and potatoes?
>>
>>95335007
Either you're just trying to be sarcastic or are delusional. Which is it?
>>
>>95335101
>How is it jew to increase min wage? Isnt that the opposite of jew?

It's super Jew in that it is redistribution of wealth.
>>
>>95335134
thats because solar has never been profitable and only exists because the goverment sinks a metric ton of money into it
>>
>>95333767
>The "crony" is silent.
found the commie
>>
>>95329139
I think there is a real issue in thinking of certain jobs as "degrading". So someone works at McDonalds or is a garbage man. That's a lot better than being a drug dealer or a NEET.
>>
File: 1496500169440.jpg (62KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1496500169440.jpg
62KB, 480x480px
>>95335149
Well sugar-lump, like I said before, if youre solution is a collapse then fine but the way youve been pulling teeth made it seem like you liked the system were living under.
>>95335189
If its jewish to want people to be able to afford food then fine, I dont see a problem with it.
>>
>>95335191
The costs of solar power have been going down bro. Just because something was expensive ten or twenty years ago doesn't mean that it will stay that way forever.
>>
>>95335216
mcdonalds used to be a place where people worked in the summer to afford college tuition
now its a salary people are suppossed to support themselves and two kids with
>>
>>95334331
>This is why strong borders and national consciousnesses are a good thing.
Don't you get it? The wall is never high enough when corruption exists. They'll come one way or another as long as there are jobs that minimum wage can't afford.
>>
>>95335260
>if youre solution is a collapse
the collapse already happenned ten years ago
>>
>>95335337
That's what the national consciousness is for.
>>
>>95335260
It's Jewish because they want all the money moving around so they can finagle more money into their own pockets. At least that's what people that cry about "de jewz!" believe. Really, some people blame the Jews for anything they don't like to do but should do as adults.
>>
>>95335134
and what education does those jobs require?
>>
>>95335294
>The costs of solar power have been going down bro
its a money sink field with money sink people working on it and thats all it has ever been, you dont get to put up a chart and act all smug over how well it has been doing against private run companies that actually support themselves
>>
>>95335102
Well, generally that would be the idea. But when you have large amounts of people that are all competing for the same job, you have the luxury of just underpaying them. Either illegally or simply by never raising the salaries with the inflation.

Quite frankly a company doesn't need to care on the short term if half the country is unemployed. And companies are run by people that want to make a profit on the short term, leave the company to stew in the shit they made, and go on to the next company to make profit on the short term. In fact, this is advantageous to them. They can say "See, as long as I was there we made a profit. As soon as I left they had major losses." Never mentioning that their strategies were the cause of hurting the company in the long term.

So, when people are so poor they can't afford the expensive food anymore, a company has a few options.
One, they make less expensive, low quality food. They sell tons of this stuff towards the growing poor class and keep their profits level or even increase them.
Two, they pay people better. This is very risky, since other companies also need to do this for the strategy to work. Paying people better means raising prices or turning less profit because a larger part of the money goes towards the employees.
This strategy is great in the long term because it creates a stable, wealthy middle class that can spend more money and help the economy, but it is very unnapealing since it hurts the company on the short term and the vast majority of the companies has to agree on doing this without undercutting each other.
Three, blame the government and have them pay out more well fare by taxing the working population more heavily for money they don't really have. This helps on the short term, but is unsustainable in the long term. But the company can go blameless since the poor people are the governments responsibility this way and they can point a finger to someone else.
>>
File: 1491435685475.jpg (188KB, 750x733px)
1491435685475.jpg
188KB, 750x733px
>>95335344
We have, different definitions of collapse...
>>95335386
Im assuming youre not the sperg that started this conversation.
>>
>>95335134
Solar MANUFACTURING is being undercut by Chinese companies too, unless you suggest that the entire population is somehow going to circlejerk our way to stability by installing our neighbors solar panels?

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/why-china-is-dominating-the-solar-industry/

Chinese philosophy does NOT respect the concept of a RnD and an inventor's rights. They don't even have a foundational precept for the idea that information is ever created, it always existed, it's all a part of 'Indra's Net' you just happen to tap into it and now everyone has to right to use it. Maybe there's a gritty philosophical truth in that idea, but it's a serious bonerkill for western innovation and essentially permission for intellectual theft and exploitation.

It's part of the reason you can't even trust test scores from India or China, the idea of trying to pull information out of some internalized well of thought deep inside of you is retarded in their view and we're all idiots for not networking all of our information solutions (ie: cheating.)
>>
File: IMG_6869.jpg (160KB, 650x803px)
IMG_6869.jpg
160KB, 650x803px
>>95335391
In solar the biggest sector of growth is in installation. So the same sort of training for any other installation-type job I guess. Ask them.

>>95335405
Le sigh

https://qz.com/1077688/solar-costs-in-the-us-beat-government-goals-by-three-years/
https://energy.gov/articles/energy-department-announces-achievement-sunshot-goal-new-focus-solar-energy-office

Not even saying it has arrived but solar power is getting there and it'll never fucking get there if people just ignore it.

At one time DVD players cost more than VHS. Guess we should have never stopped using VHS to adopt DVD then...
>>
>>95335134
How much education do you need for a job in solar? Is there an equivalent to a coal miner in this sector? Also, you were so eager to be snarky that you didn't read my post, as I wasn't talking about coal miners. I was talking about the large portion of people who are employed in things like truck driving and manufacturing that are as good as gone. That's a pretty goddamned big chunk of the pie to replace that one sector like solar isn't going to facilitate. Who is to say those jobs won't be automated as well? I've heard starry eyed people talking about everything from teachers, doctors, surgeons, even programmers themselves being replaced by computers in the name of progress. What happens then, when pretty much every sector is automated? Are we all just supposed to shrug our shoulders and say oh well, should've kept up with the times, even though there is nothing left to keep up with?

You don't seem to get it. Everyone is going to be affected by this. Not just the lowly laborers you scoff at. They're only the first to go, but don't believe for a second that you're not next.
>>
>>95335433
if what you are producing is being sold to the same unemployed people or underpaid people then you dont
the problem is that the american people spend more money than they have and this is because its a debt driven economy wich is fucking fantastic for big corporations but sucks for everyone else
>>
Anyone find the loud background music annoying?
>>
>>95335476
>We have, different definitions of collapse...
thats because the army and the goverment have been managing every little bit of it so you dont see the hole under your shoes getting bigger and bigger but trust me that hole is going to swallow everything
>>
>>95335544
>Le sigh
Go back to le reddit, faggot.
>>
>>95335558
See
>>95335544

Also:

https://www.recruiter.com/salaries/solar-photovoltaic-installers-salary/
>>
>>95328079
too bad about heidi, it was a nice character developement for cartman. would have been nice to see cartman be his normal terrible human being except for his girlfriend. back to square one i guess.
>>
>>95335544
>In solar the biggest sector of growth is in installation. So the same sort of training for any other installation-type job I guess. Ask them.
That's something a robot should be able to do in a few years time, maybe a decade. What happens now?
>>
>>95335573
Sure you can do that. As long as enough people pay enough for the low quality cheap shit you churn out at almost no cost to yourself, you can make a pretty penny. 0.1 times a billion is still a lot.

I do agree that debt driven economies are bullshit though. They create all these soap bubbles with "potential money" that isn't really there but "should be" so we're acting like it's there. And then when it turn out we have five times the "potential money" to real money the whole thing collapses and those fuckers get bailed out. You probably know all this stuff, but god damn it makes me so angry I just have to type it out.
>>
>>95335544
>At one time DVD players cost more than VHS.
i wasnt aware of the massive amounts of money the goverment spent supporting the dvd industry
its never going to get there because in all that time they spent sinking money into the money sink the private sector has been actually researching different alternatives and by the time it does become profitable there will already be something better out there
its like if the goverment invested into floppy disks to fight against cds and then they developed a superior floppy when people already had usb sticks
>>
>>95335700
When was the last time you say a robot install your power lines or install a roof on a house or something like that? There are too many variables in the field. Not something that robots can really do just yet.

>>95335633
Not from Reddit. So, no.
>>
>>95335700
Somebody has to install the robots that are going to install all those solar panel installing robots. And somebody has to install the robots that are going to install the robots that are going to install the panels.

It's no use, anon, it's installations all the way down.
>>
>>95335703
>potential money
you cant spend potetial money, its one of the biggest scams out there
if people dont have the money, wich they shouldnt have, this wouldnt be a thing, do you have nay idea the amount of money fast food chains make selling chicken thats only 70% chicken to poor people?
>>
>>95335692
Installation sounds like a job that can easily be automated in the near future. Those salaries make it more likely too, as we just can't have that cutting into our profits when solar is cheap, can we? That is just one sector. One. Meanwhile fields are being automated to job extinction by the dozens every year.
>>
>>95335733
>just yet.
That's the point. It isn't happening now, but the rate of technological growth in this country (and world) in regards to AI, robotics, and automation is substantially increasing to the point where it is going to happen sooner, rather than later.
>>
>>95335767
Yeah, it's criminal.
>>
>>95335723
>i wasnt aware of the massive amounts of money the goverment spent supporting the dvd industry

Hmmm

http://www.businessinsider.com/public-financing-oil-gas-coal-2017-7
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-04-11/farmers-get-biggest-u-s-subsidy-check-in-decade-as-prices-drop
https://www.thebalance.com/government-subsidies-definition-farm-oil-export-etc-3305788

Hmm
>>
>>95335752
Oh yeah, because you're definitely not going to be able to program assembly robots to do that.

>But whose going to make those assembly robots durrr!

Previously-made automated bots that can be rewired and programmed by one or two people to do the job.
>>
>>95335806
but the solution is there, its simple
stop getting into debt, stop financing poor people buying iphones, stop sending people to college to get in debt getting a black culture degree
its the goverment financing all of this, its the meida promoting it, its the people in the future shouldering the weight of the consequences of inflation and devaluation of currency and lowering the quality of life
just stop spending so much god damn money
>>
>>95335773
>>95335799

By the time something like that gets automated then everything else will be automated and there wouldn't be any reason for anyone to work aside from maintaining the machines and designing new machines.
>>
>>95335858
>Agriculture subsidies
>But muh free market means we need more migrants!
>The free market can't pay American salaries!
>Farmers get biggest US subsidy check in decades

Just fuck these people. At what point do we stop calling this a capitalist free market economy?
>>
>>95335858
oil subsidies only happen because if oil prices go up then every single thing goes up, oil is one of the things you cannot afford not to control
if the production of solar pannels gets more expensive nobody gives a shit
>>
>>95335898
And then where does the money come from? The same people who want to cut all the jobs and automate them so they can be more efficient and make more money? Have fun trying to live on that $20,000/yr UBI pie in the sky you futuristic twats love to jerk off to.

It's like you're begging them to make your grave.
>>
>>95328079
>it's a higher education industry propaganda episode
You know there're still jobs like trades that don't require going to college.
>>
>>95335916
>Farmers get biggest US subsidy check in decades
thats because farmers got fucked over so hard by everyone else that its a miracle any farming still happens at all in the us
>>
>>95335965
How so? Curious and unaware.
>>
>>95335965
How do they get fucked over? I see small local farms getting fucked over, but large megacorps like Monsanto and Tyson seem to have an easy time making a profit.
>>
>>95335979
their clients such as mcdonalds forced them to get into debt and expand or else they wouldnt buy from them anymore, then the farmers got into debt with the banks in order to expand and then clients told them now im buying from you at a fraction of the cost and they literally couldnt refuse since they got into debt only to be able to supply more to them
It sounds ilegal as fuck and im sure the banks where part of it in some conspiracy but hey thats buisness i guess
>>
>>95335924
Oil has finite viability. The cost of solar panels is just going to keep going down in the long run.

When I was a kid, a 20mhz computer with 16mb of ram cost like $4k. Now we have computers with nearly 4ghz of processing power and several gb of ram for less than $2k. As technology innovates, it becomes less expensive. Solar energy is still pretty much virgin territory in this regard.
>>
>>95335953
>The same people who want to cut all the jobs and automate them so they can be more efficient and make more money?

You mean the same sort of people that you expect to not automate that coal job that is gone and won't come back.

>It's like you're begging them to make your grave

Actually, it's more like I see change as inevitable and I adapt to survive instead of whining about the way things were and being swept away when the wave of change hits.
>>
>>95336055
>The cost of solar panels is just going to keep going down in the long run
i already answered this
there has actually been research done into better processing oil and getting into different kinds of oil that where prevoiusly impossible to process so oil is going to get a lot cheaper in the near future especially since they keep finding more and more of this other type of oil
>>
>>95330813
It was kind of sweet. Randy isn't a complete cunt and they gave Darrell and his redneck friends a nice place to live.
>>
>>95336111
Oil has finite sustainability. You're talking about patching oil? Fuck that. Invest in something that has its best days ahead of it, not in its past.

Look, sooner or later, you're going to have to get rid of great grandma's old China cabinet. It's old, falling apart and covered with duct tape. Just let it go. It'll be ok.
>>
>>95336186
>Oil has finite sustainability
that statement doesnt mean anything on its own
>>
>>95336041
>>95336001 --> This is me
Yeah that does sound illegal as fuck, and if not illegal, then unethical as fuck. Where were places like McDonald's going to go if these places didn't expand though? Someone has to have a ton of land and farming to support such a wide load.
>>
>>95333767
>the meme o thef cowardly frenchmen, our corporate masters don't want us remembering that country that overthrew their wealthy.

funny how you leave out how the french peasants then went on a reign of terror after over throwing a FEUDAL dictatorship

Gee its almost like humans are naturally hierarchical shitty douche-bags
>>
>>95335189
How can Jews be greedy money/power hoarders while also being for wealth redistribution?
>>
Every other thing I've watched that's parodied Alexa has made mine go off simultaneously with whatever I was watching. This south park episode didn't make it go off once for some reason.
>>
>>95336208
i guess it was a case by case basis, if someone refused then they bought it from someone else
at the end there was no alternative since a farmer cant sell directly to the public, they are also famous for forcing their standars to the farmers like growing one type of potato because thats the potato thy use for french fries even when growing it is more costly and its more likely to fail due to natural causes
>>
File: me.png (489KB, 470x469px) Image search: [Google]
me.png
489KB, 470x469px
>>95336208
this is me
>>
>>95336107
>You mean the same sort of people that you expect to not automate that coal job that is gone and won't come back.
Yes, exactly, the same people whose greed needs to be kept in check before they completely fuck us all over.

>Actually, it's more like I see change as inevitable and I adapt to survive instead of whining about the way things were and being swept away when the wave of change hits.
I hope you plan on adapting to not eat, because we're all on the chopping block in the future, all in the name of progress. Exactly who is guiding this progress and wave of change? What makes it so inevitable that it needs to happen? Is there some God out there, telling us that we're all going to suffer if we don't automate? The only people I see in charge of it are greedy, self absorbed businessmen and techies who seem to have no care about how their growth and proliferation affect the entirety of society as a whole. In other words, a metastasizing cancer.

Ethics > profit
>>
>>95336249
because (((The Jews))) and the jews are two different things, anon
>>
>>95336297
we can never fully automatize in a capitalist economy, If you and you cockhead cabal of super rich dickheads are not paying some fuckwit to make your cheap mass produced garbage then there's no wage-slave fuckwits with cash to actually buy your mass produced garbage
>>
File: Knackerman1.jpg (25KB, 400x276px)
Knackerman1.jpg
25KB, 400x276px
>>95335752
Each level of automation reduces the actual workload, till you are eventually down to George Jetson pushing a button for an hour two days a week. For a while we've been able to shuffle people around to accelerate other, more useful labor, but we are RUNNING OUT OF MORE USEFUL LABOR because we inevitably figure out how to automate that too. Hell, most of American 'industry' is just transportation and services, jobs that can be replaced with a drone and a vending machine.

We can't even send these faggots to become artists and researchers because art isn't worth a dime and research requires some level of individual intelligence, the demands of which are are only increasing to be able to crack larger computation problems, the percentage of people who are literally too stupid to make a meaningful contribution would be rapidly growing even if the global population WASN'T exploding.

There is inevitable a faggot who wants to compare the current automation and AI concerns with the loom-breakers and Luddites of the 1800s protesting factory jobs, or particularly buggy and groom services protesting the automotive industry. After all, the automotive industry was one of the strongest blue collar booms this nation ever exeriences. Detroit was gilded city, but this time, we are not the buggy manufacturers, or the grooms, this time, it isn't a specialized machine that makes a simple task easier, it is a far grander system of unified mechanisms and algorithms that roughly approximates the total human worker. It IS a replacement.

Let me tell you, those horses didn't all get new employment, they became glue, leather and dogmeat.
>>
>>95336291
The way these things happen is beyond fucked up, and no one ever hears about it. Of course, if someone would speak up about this, they would be hit with "SO YOU WANT TO PAY $10.00 FOR A BIG MAC NOW!?!" Is it every restaurant and chain that does this? Or was it just McDonald's? The banks shouldn't have been allowed, or at least should've had better foresight, to see that McDonald's would tell the farmers to go fuck themselves when they gave an inch to cater to them. Any farmer that agreed to this should've been on a contract signed before the loans were taken out. Of course, though, the banks always get to rely on the government to bail them out of a sticky situation. Also, of course, McDonald's could probably easily tell the American farmers to stick a form up their collective asses and import their food from another country if they asked for a contract.
>>
>>95336354
Would you rather be a rich capitalist or a dictator with an army under your absolute control and an enslaved population?
>>
So think automation is going to be a re-occuring theme this season?
>>
>>95336508
the former because with cash i can have the latter and more
>>
>>95336451
We can no longer afford to run to the future with our eyes closed in an era of rapid technological advancement such as this one
Yet we can't trust the government with any sort of control over it
Are we doomed?
>>
>>95336499
It's certainly not just Micky Ds... food is cheap, which means the ingredients are even cheaper, for every meal you eat, it's safe to assume the farmer gets a dime on the dollar.

If the farmer goes out of buisness, the bank gets the land, they win either way. Sure, they now have to sell it, but land doesn't stop being valuable, in a few years it's almost inevitably worth way more than the money they lost to get it. If they do somehow lose out, they can just strongarm the government into giving them a loan/bailout by threatening economic disaster if they should some fail. ("It was your policies that forced us to lend to these risky customers anyway!")
>>
>>95336440
I get that, it is actually my entire point. I see constant articles, tv shows, news stations, even books claiming that everything will eventually be automated, and everyone looks at it with glee. But the same people looking at it with glee want to give everyone a shitty UBI every year that barely gets one person over poverty level and keep being capitalist like everything will be fine. They don't seem to understand when you have everyone living in poverty, they can't buy your shit. You'll make no money. That efficiency is good for nothing. What are you going to do? Force them to spread the wealth peacefully?

We're chugging into this future like a chicken with a chopped off head. No one has an answer for what is going to happen, and sitting here with a finger up our collective ass saying "all will be fine!" or "we'll just adapt!" have no fucking clue of how wide and deep automation is going to go.
>>
>>95336627
Atlas shrugged presents a situation similar to this one and comes up with an interesting solution to this
Burning it all to the ground so nobody can ever profit from the land again in a million years
>>
>bruh, you can just get a new job, get a education

That viable until maybe mid 40

But lets honest who the fuck employs a 40something that just got his degree when they could just hire a early twentysguy with the same qualifications, who will be cheaper and less likely to get sick/have some sort of ailment
>>
>>95336627
It's almost like one of those instances where it's going to have to get real bad for anything to ever get better. I don't want to send this country, and the world, into an economic chaos that dwarfs Great Depression, but how else do you stop this madness? It's also hard because it just looks like an endless loop of blame.
>Farmers: Don't blame us, McDonald's is bossing us around and we need to pay the banks back
>Banks: Don't blame us, we're just trying to provide money for these farmers to expand their product as McDonald's demands
>McDonald's/fast food: Don't blame us, we're just trying to mass produce cheap food so everyone can stuff their faces, maybe the banks shouldn't give out loans so easily.

Also, yeah, food is cheap and that is great, but what about the quality? There has to be a middle ground between everyone farming their own food and the cluster fuck we have now where mass produced unhealthy foods on the cheap are the only thing people can afford.
>>
>>95336705
So the libertarian solution is to just let everyone starve?

Yep, sounds about right.
>>
>>95336601
>Are we doomed?
[INSUFFICIENT DATA FOR MEANINGFUL ANSWER]

This why they call it Singularity. It dosn't mean we are going to get a Deus Ex Machina in which Jesus Christ Denton is going to host the technological trinity and guide humanity to the stars with a fair yet invisible hand, it means that humans, even collectively are having serious difficulties predicting the most probable outcomes of this level of advancement. It is a black hole we cannot see the bottom of.

"The accelerating progress of technology and changes in the mode of human life, give the appearance of approaching some essential singularity in the history of the race beyond which human affairs, as we know them, could not continue"
>>
>>95336812
Get fat while you still can anon, that fat will save your ass from starvation
>>
>>95336853
You have to read the book to form an opinion, also ayn Rand isn't all there is to being a libertarian, that's anarcho capitalism
>>95336871
>Just wait until god sends us a miracle
I'm going to buy a shit ton of rice and hide it under my bed
>>
>>95330144
>If you don't have any real skills, you shouldn't expect to get what you want, you need to work for it.
It is hilarious to see kids telling people who've been in the job market for 20, 30, 40 years whose industries have changed or disappeared that they're "not working for it." That they need to go back to school at their own expense to compete with kids 1/3 their age who are just coming to the end of a ~20 year free ride at their parents' and the government's expense.
>>
>>95336879
Nah, if we're all going to die, I'm going to die in a fun way that is full of vengeance against the people in charge. I think we should all do it. Screw the future of humanity, if we're going down, let's take these greedy fuckers down with us. I'll die peacefully knowing I got to at least torture Steve Easterbrook and his family.

Barbarism is making a comeback.
>>
>>95336879
You can starve to death while fat. You need some food in your body to function, if you're morbidly obese and can't catch any food you'll starve to death before you get skinny.
>>
>>95337240
Yeah sure we believe that you fucking NEET larping as Conan. I bet you've never even touched a gun or got in a real fight before.
>>
>>95337322
>t. Steve Easterbrook
>>
>>95337322
The Romanovs and House of Bourbon said the same thing.
>>
>>95337394
are you retarded? The lower class russians over 100 years ago all had experience in warfare. The decadence we live with today is unprecedented. The peace we enjoy makes the Pax Romana look like modern sudan.
>>
>>95328327
>I feel bad for these people

You shouldn't pity the self-destructive, anon?
>>
This isn't /pol/. GTFO of here you fucking faggots.
>>
>>95337440
100 years ago the average conscript couldn't even place shots to kill on live targets. The vast majority of humans do not instinctively go for the kill and have had no training to do so for the majority of history. Incalculably large amounts of ammo were wasted on 'unintended suppression' in World War I in which soldiers would just fire over eachothers heads.

American millitary command saw this as a problem and had to introduce specific training regimes to counteract this and raise the percentage who would shoot to kill on reflex and raised the percentages significantly. Today you'd barely even need to do that because the majority of these 'soft, decadent children' have been raised on a steady diet of first person shooters and gory post-apocalyptic survival scenarios.

The average westerner also has far less spiritual/moral reasons to not act out their violent, personal fantasies as they've been liberated by a hundred years of purely materialist ideals and philosophy. We don't even have the ghost of renaissance humanism and romanticism to hold us back anymore. All we've left are the opiates, chemical and electronic, I wouldn't want to stand stand between a junkie army and his next 'fix'.
>>
>>95337815
I don't doubt they have the spirit. I doubt they have the physical ability.

Look at this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNB1pMDw7C4

Eight riot cops with batons is enough to hold back a fucking mob of these dumb faggots.
>>
File: 1458053080425.jpg (54KB, 900x450px) Image search: [Google]
1458053080425.jpg
54KB, 900x450px
>>95334939
Over regulation and outsourcing are the two main reasons why mining and manufacturing is dying. Why bother running a steel mill when shipping the ore to china so they can smelt it and send it back is cheaper than making it here? Why bother opening a factory in Nevada when you can do it in Mexico and have slave labor working there for nothing?

Saying "Those fucking blue collar rednecks are too stubborn and stupid to get new jobs" really shows just how out of touch and how little you actually know of their situation.
>>
>>95337966
Interesting choice of pic given that socialists would agree with you that that's because it exploits workers and pits them against one another in a race to bottom with prices and wages. It's neoliberal free marketeers who love globalism.
>>
>>95338040
*would agree with you that that's a bad thing
>>
>>95331226
How 'bout Chef?
>>
>>95337865
Antifa are a poor example, they are literally employed agitator squads. Civilian Psyop Military Contractors if you will. They have 'rules of engagement' they are permitted to operate within and receive compensation and organizational aid.
>>
>>95338179
It's extremely unlikely they'd all, or even most of them, be paid and someone wouldn't make a big stink about it. Most of them are just dumb kids. Antifa are exactly the kind of people I'm talking about, like the guy claiming he was going to torture a mcdonalds executive
>>
>>95334939
Learning new skills, especially tech skills, isn't easy when you're older, not particularly educated and a blue collar laborer. I actually find the whole slave to progress thing pretty disgusting. Everyone just seems to accept that these jobs are going to go to robots or foreigners and questioning that is basically not allowed lest you want to be a backwards looking xenophobe.

The reality is that it's done to set up what amounts to corporate feudalism in a cyberpunk future that's dull, sterile and white instead of dark, grimy and neon. In the end it's not the Japanese who take over but a bunch schlubby autists.
>>
>>95338443
>born too late to kick ass in the New World
>born too early to kick ass in space
>born just in time for YA cyberpunk
>>
File: 42417417_p0.jpg (173KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
42417417_p0.jpg
173KB, 800x600px
Is this thread even about south park anymore.
>>
>>95328079
The message is that there's no such thing as disenfranchisement for white people, especially if they haven't forked out thousands for college despite degrees now becoming less and less meaningful.
I can take political commentary being retarded, everyone is allowed 'opinions' but this is beyond the pale.
Matt and Trey should consider suicide. They're so far up they're own arses I'm surprised they haven't suffocated already.
>>
>>95330839
What's this whole dreamers thing? I remember the phrase blowing up as something satirical but at the time I couldn't be bothered to follow it up
>>
>>95339461
liberals used legislation to give illegal immigrants a nice sounding name. How can you possibly have anything against DREAMERS?
>>
>>95339529
Yeah, that super-liberal Orrin Hatch came up with it. Well done.
>>
>>95331534
Actually, both cases would be a chemical inbalance it would just be a matter of how effectively anon can control the chemicals in his head versus how large in scale the inbalance is. There's no such thing as something that 'requires' drugs in as many words. It all happens through cognition. Certain ways of thinking allow the development of maladaptive conditions and those conditions can change the chemical balance, and in a surprising amount of cases, even your brain structure.
"In your head" is pointless diatribe which down plays the impact of attitude and allows the sufferer to withdraw responsibility and blame the chemicals. It similarly down plays chemicals and implied they don't play a direct role in 'your head' itself rather than just affecting it with negative moods and so on.
>>
>>95339563
its all genetic
my dad was a miserable drunk, his sister was a miserable drunk, her son is a miserable drunk and guess what?
i eat all my feelings away and im the black sheepp of the family
>>
>>95339639
It is in large part genetic, sure. However there can be a lot of improvement under the right conditions, seems more like you got double fucked because the people with those conditions never got past them and instead raised you into a situation to reinforce that disposition. That you don't like-wise drink probably shows you that, in your case at least, it's far more about how you grew up than a genetic predisposition.
>>
>>95339701
>However there can be a lot of improvement under the right conditions
wich you arent going to have because your family is compromised of people with the exact same problem
dont get me wrong i still experience the same biterness and hatred they do im just sober when while i do it
>>
>>95328079
same as every fucking south park message: taking a stance on anything is lame and for faggots
>>
>>95339742
>wich you arent going to have because your family is compromised of people
I mean, yeah, I addressed that directly after.
>raised in a situation to reinforce that disposition
>>
>>95333130
t. unemployed redneck
>>
>>95339764
are you arguing for eugenics or for all children to be raised under state control away from their parents?
>>
>>95339798
I haven't argued for anything. I've just been stating facts.
>>
Did anyone else get a boner when Randy took a giant shit?
>>
>>95339846
i know, im just driving your train of thought to its logical conclusion
this shit is why nobody ever proposes solutions to poblems
solutions are a lie, if someone along my genetic line wich extends all the way to the first humans could have figured out a solution to drinking your misery away i wouldnt have this problem, what makes me special?
by the way i get the eating part from my mom sorry to burts your bubble
>>
>>95339913
>logical conclusion
Only if you take only that thought without any context. Characteristics of hereditary parenting and issues with 3rd party competency are also extremely important in my opinion.
>I got the eating part from my mother
Then I wonder why you spoke about the drink problem as though it were related to it in your first post.
>sorry to burst your bubble
>immediately address that it's likely not genetic because you aren't drinking
Sure, man.
>>
>>95337966
>Janusz Korwin-Mikke pic

pls no, not this walking, talking joke.
>>
>>95336001
Monstano and Tyson don't actually own land, it's like a weird feudal system, they control everything and farmers technically own the land but they are barely scraping by. There is some mobility possible if you can break into a specific niche like organics but Americans like food cheap as possible and it takes a lot of time and money to learn a completely new way of farming, not to mention for the first couple years if you are lucky you will not break even as you nees to essentially form a distribution system by yourself and if you live somewhere sparsely populated there might not be a market for upscale veg and meat.

It fucking sucks to be a farmer these days and yet everyone talks like they are getting free money from the government while making it hand over fist when it's the government that supports this fucked up system because of thier own bullshit laws and cronyism
>>
>>95338040
Socialists will say the same government that allowed such a situation can alleviate thier own problems if given more power. Socialists are the same useful idiot as the conservative who is suckered into believing that outsourcing is just good business.
>>
>>95328079
The entire renovating houses thing was a metaphor for old-fashioned Americans needing to change their worldview to suit the changing political, social and economic circumstances of modern America instead of just festering in their outrage and using minorities and liberals as scapegoats for their own inability to adapt. They even drove it home by having Randy state it in a little speech towards the end.
>>
>>95339981
>Only if you take only that thought without any context
context is overrated, it never got anyone anywhere
>Then I wonder why you spoke about the drink problem as though it were related to it in your first post
because they drink to cope with all shittiness in their heads
>Sure, man.
point being i didnt rise above drinking or didnt magically get the recesive shit, i just got an eating disorder from my mom and thats all i got from her thank god i didnt get the stupid
>>
Was anybody else expecting the second floor of Daryll's house to collapse while Randy was talking to the camera in the last scene?
>>
>>95340283
everyone was
they dropped the ball on that one
>>
>>95340166
It's honestly kind of ironic when they used home renovation shows on cable to be a vehicle for the joke but not getting almost no one has cable anymore.
>>
>>95340283
I literally wasn't even watching it. By that point I had minimised it and done something else with it playing in the background. I knew nothing was happening.

>>95340298
>having the floor fall through and ruining their 'message'
Nah
>>
>>95333809
I ask myself the same shit anon. What would you do to fix it? I'm curious, it is a topic that doesn't get brought up often.
>>
>>95340118
You're not actually talking about socialists. You're talking about (specifically American) liberals who have no real ideology besides "Democrats good, Republicans bad" because while they know what they're AGAINST, they have no real idea what they're in favour OF.

Most actual socialists who understand what socialism actually entails are against neoliberalism and globalisation. You remember those protests against the G7/G8 conferences? Usually socialists who OBJECT to free trade because of the effect it has on both local workers and those in the developing world.
>>
File: 1505267751403-co.png (1MB, 1280x1207px) Image search: [Google]
1505267751403-co.png
1MB, 1280x1207px
>tfw a card dealer
>casino I work at specializes in providing the human touch experience for guests
>will literally never be replaced even though robots that do my job better exist
>>
>>95333809
The solution is simple but it's not popular for corporatists on either side of the aisle and it's not a feel good story.

You need to make borders strong enough human trafficking cannot occur at the rate it does and you need to make the system so harsh no one would voluntarily go through it (the majority of victims are told they are going to be sent to the land of milk and honey and just need to do a little work for a couple months so they volunteer) doing this will reduce the amount of people working for peanuts and raise wages naturally.
>>
>>95340456
The protesters wanted a globalization of labor and borders, the same fucking bullshit the corporatists want but they claim it is for cultural enrichment and charity.

If there was a populist socialist platform that didn't demand that I'd honestly be more for it than against by sheer principle but until the concepts of globalism permanent revolution theory are expunged from the ideology of the average socialist I will oppose it.
>>
>>95340466
what if automation drives more people to your type of job who'll do it better for less pay?
>>
>>95340553
Sucks for the folks without seniority, it's all about connections and it also isn't something anyone who can occasionally flash a smile can do.
>>
>>95340553
You know most of us are paid minimum wage, right? Also experience on the job matters way more in this kind of field, if you fuck up that's potentially hundreds to thousands of dollars on the line in a single hand. There is no outsourcing card dealers, either you're competent at it or you're not getting hired.
>>
>>95340552
Global solidarity of workers through unions (domestic and international) to raise up the poorer classes has always been part of genuine socialist platforms. That's not really the same thing as globalisation, which just wants to tear borders and tariffs down.

I do agree though that a lot of "socialist" in name parties in the western world are now really just neoliberals who placate the left with feelgood social policy bullshit while their economic policies are basically free market capitalist in nature.
>>
>>95340357
glad the message was more importat than the comedy
>>
>>95340585
It's actually easy as fuck my man, so long as you passed high school. You can multiply numbers from 1-1000 by 1.5 in your head, right? Then congrats, you can deal blackjack.
>>
>>95336666
the point is the market will regulate itself. once companies get to the point that automation starts hurting not helping the bottom line they avoid it like the plauge and if money starts pooling at the top it will lose its worth to the 99% as it has in Venezuela and they will switch to other fiats like I kid you not rare pepe's.

You have to remember if there's on thing humanity is good at its being ingenious bastards in a pinch

the real debate is at what point do we hit that
>>
>>95328079
I didn't watch it. Is this going to be another season with continuity between episodes? I wanna know before I waste my time
>>
>>95340685
If you get paid minimum wage then why are you acting so smug about it?
>>
>>95340782
Moral responsibility grows with age and morality is anathema to humour. This show is dead by default.
>>
>>95340466
Except for the fact that mobile and online gaming provides a more profitable outlet for gambling.

>Accessible to little kids
>Not currently affected by governmental laws
>Easy to sockpuppet (see CSLOTTO)
>Everyone has a phone or computer within reach
>>
>>95340834
The tokes, or tips if you'd like to call them, more than double your paycheck. You're getting $30+ an hour on good days and around $20 an hour minimum on bad ones. There's always going to be suckers on a winning steak willing to give us free money.
>>
>>95335034
Coal employs fewer people than Arby's.
>>
>>95340901
Yeah and when people want a real casino experience they come to me. The gambling industry is too huge and varied for shitty apps to make casinos as a whole run out of business.
>>
>>95334387
No what I'm saying is that No One should have minimum wage.
>>
>>95328079
>college

that's not going to help you get a job. not even in technical colleges. i got a welding diploma and it didn't mean shit. don't have any expectations, especially in the south where the economy will always be shit as long as conservatives are in political office
>>
>>95335964
you mean the ones where your qualifications don't mean jack and they only hire based on experience that you can't get because you only have qualifications?
>>
>>95336041
>hey that's business

no. that's capitalism. the state is controlled by capitalists.
>>
>>95335864
Gee, anon, with that kind of reading comprehension you're never going to get a job installing robot installing robots.
>>
>>95335873
Something something the economy needs to constantly grow always because of reasons. No, don't ask why we can't have a stable economy, it has to grow, at all costs, because we said so. No sell your kidneys so you can buy the latest VR I-pad.
>>
File: Naamloos-2.png (162KB, 350x350px)
Naamloos-2.png
162KB, 350x350px
Why is it so bad? I start every season now thinking THIS one might be the one where they turn it around, but I end up disappointed every time.

it's like I'm a woman who keeps going back to her abusive boyfriend
>>
>>95328079
It was that America is growing towards Communism more and more.
>The government will tell you what to pay your employees, not the free market.
>The government will tell you whom to hire, not the free market.
>The government will tell you where to have your factory, not the free market.
Pro-minimum wage, anti-immigration hiring, anti-outsourcing laws, high corporate taxes have been destroying our companies and the economy.
>>
>>95328079
I kept expecting the second floor to collapse in right before it cut to credits.

That would have been funny, but it would show Randy's solution to be bullshit.
>>
>>95332184
You... apparently haven't heard of the term regulatory capture.

In which the lobbists write the laws in such a way that they only apply to the upstart little guy competition.
>>
>>95332813
Yeah, almost like the thing they want to solve... isn't the thing they're saying they want to solve.
>>
>>95331394
>globalization
>Left
you are dense as fuck
>>
>>95333809
Because the Left benefits from it, and ultimately intends to reduce everyone but the ruling class to that level with technological fuedalism.
>>
>>95346469
The Left was invaded and conquered by Communists many decades ago.

They want a Globalist Communist State, in which they are the State.
Thread posts: 375
Thread images: 48

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.