[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the best Southern cartoons and comics?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: Song of the South.jpg (74KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
Song of the South.jpg
74KB, 854x480px
What are the best Southern cartoons and comics?
>>
>>>/pol/
>>
>>95312023
>>95312138

Why the hell do people have a problem with Uncle Reemus? As a kid I just saw him as a sweet, grandfatherly old man who genuinely loved life and helped animals and children with their problems. Is it "racist" to portray a black man as being a gentle soul who isn't pissed off at the world?
>>
Class of 3000.
Chozun
Southern Bastards

If you count Texas, King of the Hill.

>>95312138
Don't be such a bigot anon.
>>
>>95312233
non-american here
i have the same question, in my country everyone thought he was just the typical good ol' gramps of every cartoon
What'sthe problem? i really don't get it
>>
>>95312233
No he needs to be angry and bitter and scream obscenities at the white kids and call them racist so they learn to hate.
>>
>>95312279
The implication is he was born a slave. The fact that that's not his sole character trait that he brings up every ten minutes is racist.
>>
>No Squidbillies yet
>>
>>95312338
Sadly this is how white liberals think..
>>
>>95312023
For real though, Foghorn Leghorn
>>
File: Foghorn.jpg (97KB, 483x409px) Image search: [Google]
Foghorn.jpg
97KB, 483x409px
>>95312415

Best Looney Tune.
>>
>>95312279
>>95312233
Any google result of the question would have clearly explained the idealization of the brutal master-slave relationship in American Slavery presented and embodied by Uncle Reemus. But go on, continue to take pride in your ignorance. That seems to be the fashion these days.
>>
>>95312279
The issue apparently is that it portrays the situation of black people during the reconstruction era too positively.
Not that it portrays black people in a racist way, but that it misrepresents the world they lived in as more fair to them than historical consensus.
>>
File: daisymae.jpg (44KB, 488x600px) Image search: [Google]
daisymae.jpg
44KB, 488x600px
>>95312023
If this isn't a /pol/ bait thread, Li'l Abner.
>>
G15 horse
>>
File: Lil Abner.jpg (489KB, 2304x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Lil Abner.jpg
489KB, 2304x1600px
>>95312542
Fucking patrician taste
>>95312473
Because if black people aren't miserable it's not historically accurate.
>>
>>95312023
Moonbot Studios
>>
>>95312455
There is no people group in the world that have not had reason to hold some collective grudge against another for something in the past. An individual is able to chose whether they perpetuate a wound by opening it again and again. People like you are what keeps real healing and peace from being a reality. Stop race baiting and demanding people live their lives based off of past grievances. You're probably white yourself and here you are trying to dictate how blacks should act and think. Examine yourself, anon.
>>
>>95312473
If he chooses to live happily and treat others indiscriminately with love, that's his right. Stop the bullshit and let a wholesome character be a wholesome character.
>>
>>95312023
I loved the movie, I strive to be as happy as Reemus everyday
>>
>>95312577
>Because if black people aren't miserable it's not historically accurate.
That's partly the idea, yeah.

>>95312694
Anon asked what the problem was, I explained what people think the problem is.
You can take the barding off your horse, there's no crusading to be done here.
>>
I know most people consider it to be more New England than Southern, Over the Garden Wall always seemed to be set in a Southern Virginia/Tennessee environment than Maine.
>>
>>95312666
Nigga you're reading way too much into his post. Consider consulting a professional.
>>
>>95313821
Actually now that I think about it, it's probably set somewhere like Missouri, given the riverboat episode and that the woods seem an awful lot like the Ozarks.
>>
Gold Digger is written by a guy from Georgia, and the characters make their home somewhere near Marietta, I think.
>>
>>95312455
He wasn't even a slave, he was a sharecropper.
It's debatable how much less brutal that is, but it's easy to understand why he's so upbeat even with that.
He's a free man.
>>
>>95313829
Not an argument
>>
>>95314483
Nobody claimed it was. Not everybody is trying to argue with you poindexter, that was exactly my point.
>>
>>95312023
Squidbillies
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.