[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mandela effect?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: hqdefault.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
SpongeBob premiered in 1999? I never heard of it back then. I thought it premiered years after Jimmy Neutron.
>>
>>95308331
Wasn't wildly popular until about 2001. Before that, it was the kind of thing people would consider "underrated", considering Rugrats and Catdog were more popular.
>>
>>95308352
I didn't have cable at the time and wrote it off as a bad Ren & Stimpy knockoff.
>>
>Surely this must be alternate parallel timelines and not just me being a retarded child
>>
>Kanga
>has a baby named Roo
>Kangaroo

What the hell? Why didn't anybody ever tell me?
>>
>>95308331
You didn't hear about it because it wasn't popular yet.
>>
Another thing is reruns/scheduling. Spongebob wasn't shown too often around 1999-2000 (or, if it was, there was genuine competition from CN/Disney). From 2001 and on, Spongebob was shown a lot more often, which also massively boosted its popularity.
>>
I remember seeing premiers for it.

At the time I was kinda meh to it.

Later on ended up liking it more.
>>
Elmo wasn't always a Sesame Street character from day one? WTF!? He was always on Sesame Street when I was a kid. This must be the result of waking up in an alternate universe. There is no way that I could have possibly been misinformed on the subject or too young to remember a day before Elmo existed. That would be ridiculous.
>>
>>95309093
I remember checking a book out from the library about monsters of pop culture and it touched on the Muppets. Most dated aspect was it listing Tellie as the youngest monster.
>>
>>95308352
If you listen to the commentary on the season 2 DVD, they say that the show did OK, but exploded in popularity with the second and third seasons.
>>
Season 1 really didn't get much airtime for whatever reason. I didn't manage to catch an episode of it until months after it premiered.
>>
>>95309221
The second and third seasons had the grand majority of their absolute best episodes. Season 1 had a couple classics but it's not surprising that it took them a minute to become the international hit and get a wildly successful movie deal.
>>
>>95308540
I agree that OP is being stupid, but you shouldn't just scrap the entirety of the Mandela effect. Do you think it's possible that so many people could just misremember famous movie lines or the title of a very popular children's book series just because they "misremembered"?..................................Yeah, I didn't think so.
>>
>>95311545
Yeah, because -stein is a common name ending that looks and sounds similar to the less common -stain. It's pretty easy to see why so many people misremember it.
>>
>>95312250
This, my 1971 copy of bears in the night pretty much personally confirmed that people are just shit at remembering things or taking two seconds to fact check anything.
>>
>>95312250
>>95312391
NO YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND! THE TIMELINES!
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.