[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Plagiarism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: abbott.jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
abbott.jpg
15KB, 480x360px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mdqv5xIsFLM

Post examples of plagiarism in comics/cartoons.
>>
>>95308065
>what is a parody
>>
>>95308065
>"What is a homage?"
>>
>>95308078
>>95308080

Why does an "homage" need to be so long?
>>
>they do the Who's on First bit
>plagiarism
I'm confused, did cartoons steal slapstick from the Three Stooges or did the Three Stooges steal it from cartoons?

Why do so many people on /co/ use words they don't understand?
>>
>>95308144
>comparing a specific skit to an entire genre of humor.
>>
>>95308144
Internet
>>
>>95308102
...Because the thing they're doing a homage to is long.
>>
>>9530848 So in other words they're just copy/pasting someone else's work.
>>
>>95308065
I assure you that this bit had existed in one form or another at least 50 years before Abbot and Costello did it.
>>95308471
I never get why every single character needs to be flawed.
>>
>>95308471
>>95308585
The problem with Slappy isn't being a "Mary Sue." The problem is that a lot of her humor consists of referencing common cartoon gags than explaining the joke.
>>
>>95308471
>never loses because she's grumpy and no one can beat her
Old people tend to be very good at getting away with it in real life. She's also supposed to be bugs bunny if he aged, as I remember. You can't really have bugs bunny without the unbeatable part, really.
>>
>>95308102
>Why does an "homage" need to be so long?
So you don't even know what the scene is parodying.

>>95308144
>Why do so many people on /co/ use words they don't understand?
/co/ is full of late teens/very early 20's idiots who are incapable of actually putting thought into what they are reacting to.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.