[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Harsh Truth

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

File: Stop!.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Stop!.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Ys know, i hate to say it but here it is: Had I known how shitty the finale would be, i think i would've preferred that Jack an hero'd. At least he wouldn't have had to suffer losing Ashi ON THEIR WEDDING DAY!!!
>>
>>95283709
The horseman samurai was such a let down.
>>
Jack killing himself still is better than retconning the entire series.
>>
>>95283726
>Futurefags still bootyblasted that Jack did what the entire series was about in the first place.
Of all the reasons to be mad at Reason 5, yours is undeniably the dumbest.
>>
>>95283747
So completely erasing your save data during the final boss fight isn't retarded?
>>
>>95283747
Just as i thought: you have no rebuttal.
>>
File: 1503528197318.jpg (259KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1503528197318.jpg
259KB, 1280x720px
>>95283747
People aren't mad about him getting back to the past, people are mad about its execution. If Jack going back to the past had to be executed this poorly with lazy writing like "O MY AKU'S POWERS" then I'd have preferred him staying in the future, defeating Aku, and watching the many people he saved rebuild the world and make it a better place without Aku's influence to constantly fuck them over. It'd even have a nice moral like "even severely broken things can be fixed" or something like that.
>>
File: 9e6.gif (2MB, 680x383px) Image search: [Google]
9e6.gif
2MB, 680x383px
>>95284204
This was the best part of the finale
>>
>>95284281
That, and every single moment the Scotsman was on-screen.
>>
>>95283771
That's an incorrect analogy. It would be more correct that say that the data would be erased after you've killed the final boss and finished the game.
>>
>>95283709
>Jack regaining his sword would not stop him from being the hard bitter 70 year old he became
>Ashi's indoctrination against the samurai should not have turned on a dime
>you can have a mentor/father daughter relationship or a romantic one not both
>you can have a naive samurai or a jaded one not both
>you can have a sappy happy ending or a depressing real one but not both
>YOU CANT FUCKING SAY "OH WITHOUT AKU I CANT EXIST" THEN SAY NEVERMIND TWO WEEKS LATER THEN BAM JK TIMETRAVEL TAKES TIME TO MAKE YOU NON EXISTENT

Up until he gets the sword back its great, the world is wacky and dark but Jack is just fucking done and crazy, after that is cliched hack writing that is rushed and doesnt feel satisfying, but oh wait we were trying to be more serious heres a sad ending
>>
>>95283720
>Jack decides not to visit a village in Episode 1
>children die because of him
>this is forgotten about midway through the fight with Scaramouche

>Jack goes to save a village of kids in Episode 5
>Ashi, if anyone, would be to blame for their "deaths"
>Jack blames himself for it and him getting over The Omen's guilt trip basically revolves around this key point

What the fuck?
>>
>>95284321
The Scotsman was wasted, to be honest. I mean, he was entertaining, but most (if not all) of his stuff was just minor gags that didn't really matter in the end.
>>
I love my /co/ I can always count on them to rant together about the degenerate writing of 2010-2020. It gives me a comfy feeling like back when my /co/mrades would let me sleep with them and cook me breakfast in the morning before I left. /co/ was love.

If this was any other place like YouTube or reddit then I'd be swarmed in drones not even letting me enjoy my own rants.
>>
>>95283709
admit that you're just mad because of
>muh erased universe
>>
>>95286051
>>you can have a sappy happy ending or a depressing real one but not both
That's pretty damn limiting don't you think? There's a thing called bittersweet.
>>
>>95286129
To be fair, Jack "killed" those children by not showing up, and that still tormented him
Then Jack "killed", again, those children at the factory while he was trying to save them.
There's a difference there.
In the first case Jack is turning his back on the innocent that require his help because of how hopeless everything is. However, subconsciously this excuse doesn't work for him, because his hallucinations urge him to do something about it. With this Jack resigns himself to help people out even if he really doesn't feel like it.
By coming to those mindcontrolled children's aid and in the process, getting them killed or so it seems, Jack is struck with a realization.
Whether he decides to help or not, people are gonna die and keep dying no matter what he does. That's what leads him to commit suicide; at this particular moment he realizes he literally has no purpose anymore.
>>
>>95284281
We JoJo?
>>
>>95285199
No its more like being in the final boss fight then getting warped back to the first boss and all data is erased.
>>
>>95288186
Except getting warped back to the first boss here would be an scripted event.
Jack did the same thing the Prince from the Prince of Persia did.
Went through untold horrors to go back in time and kill the villain before the events of the game could take place and then end the stor there.
>>
File: tumblr_lolc2hHEnB1qdeqj8.jpg (12KB, 480x359px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lolc2hHEnB1qdeqj8.jpg
12KB, 480x359px
>>95288248
And we all know how well that game sold
>>
>>95288248
14 million copies.
>>
>>95288428
I was referring to the 08 shitstorm
>>
>>95288472
And I was referring to the original Prince of Persia The Sands of Time from 2003, which has the ending I have described.
>>
>>95288502
Never played it. I preferred Ninja Gaiden because I'm a masochist who loves having a game treat me like a retarded fish.
>>
File: scara.jpg (105KB, 1400x788px) Image search: [Google]
scara.jpg
105KB, 1400x788px
Hey baby, the ending may not have been as slick as this guy, but at least you can say it's over.

What would you have done differently if you could draw it out another two episodes?
>>
>>95288568
That's pretty cool. I've been meaning to get into Ninja Gaiden for a while; I want to start with the new ones.
>>
>>95288580
I have an entire text on how I would have handled the retrieval of the sword. Wanna read it?
>>
>>95288584
The Xbox one is harder
>>
>>95288580
>>95288603
Know what, fuck it. I'm posting my fanfic.

1/3

Here we have Jack and Ashi going back to get the sword. For this Jack goes to the ruins of his home because this will be the best place where to obtain a spiritual connection.
Ashi comes along.
He goes into the ruins of a temple, whose entrance is almost impossible to see through the weeds and thousands of years old debris.
Jack has to do this alone, so Ashi stays outside.
Jack goes into his spiritual journey.
Then, The High Priestess and a entourage of
cultist, the last ones remaining, make their way into the ruins of the town. Ashi spots them but much to her dismay they split up. Knowing how crafty her mother can be she stays away from the entrance as a way to hide Jack better. She then proceeds to play a game of cat and mouse with the assassins. Meanwhile Jack is deep into his own mind, in an intense battle against projections of his past foes while blue Jack keeps fucking with him. Eventually, he attacks blue Jack and realizes that only made his enemies stronger. He stays put and allows them to hit him, but they all stay put. Then blue Jack starts yelling at him, telling him to kill them already. Jack then realizes that by listening to blue Jack only has led to his own pain and misery, and he refuses to listen to him anymore, his foes slowly fade away. Blue Jack screams in frustration and throws himself at Jack, but he goes through him. Jack smiles and says "You won't hurt me anymore".
Meanwhile outside, heavy rain has started pouring down. Ashi has fought several cult members, but now is confronted with her mother. She knows where Jack is and yells at her servants to go get him. Ashi tries to stop her but her mother fights her nonstop keeping her from helping Jack.
Jack, meanwhile, as his vision clears and the rain pours on him from the broken ceiling, is greeted by three monks, who without a word hand him over the sword. Triumphant music sounds as Jack takes it from their hands
>>
>>95288746
>I'm posting my fanfic.
You got balls. I like balls
>>
File: samuraijacks5.jpg (298KB, 1066x1619px) Image search: [Google]
samuraijacks5.jpg
298KB, 1066x1619px
>>95288746
2/3
and smiles with tears in his eyes.
Suddenly, they disappear with a lighting that blinds him. Then, he sees the assassins that had made their way inside the temple. They are paralyzed at the sight of the nearly naked man holding a sword. He's not what they expected him.
He immediately notices that Ashi's nowhere to be seen. He demands to know where she is; they circle around him quietly. Jack unsheathes his sword and demands once more they respond.
Instead, an occult assassin throws herself at him from behind him and swings her own sword at him. He barely manages to dodge the blow and cuts her with a strike of his own. Blood splashes over him, and that brings the memories of killing the Daughters of Aku, and a thought that had been festering in his mind for a while comes to fruition; they were victims the same way Ashi was.
Maybe these ones can be saved too. He begs them to surrender, that they have been blinded by Aku's lies but that they can still break free of him. They don't listen and attack again. Jack deflects the blows but they start to overwhelm him; while not as strong as the daughters they are quite formidable fighters, specially when he's just on the defensive.
We cut back to Ashi, who fights her mother and manages to kill her after a fierce battle. She then runs off to meet Jack at the temple fearing for his life.
Meanwhile, Jack keeps defending himself, but as their fast attacks start covering him with cuts and bruises and his pleas fall on deaf ears he snaps and starts slashing with his sword, and in a brutal sequence murders them all.
He hears steps behind him and turns around, showing the scene from the poster.
Ashi stands by the door, shocked at the scene.
Jack's eyes burn bright with fury, his breathing is heavy and exhausted.
However, upon seeing the fear in Ashi's eyes he snaps out of it, and realizes he was this close to becoming a slave of his rage yet again.
>>
>>95288796
3/3
He drops the sword, which loudly clanks against the puddle stone floor.
He falls to his knees as the blood flows from his body to the ground, washed away by the rain.
Ashi rushes towards him and kneels to his level.
Jack's face is looking down, muttering over and over again "Not again... not again..."
Ashi shushes him and surrounds his head with his arms, lovingly cradling him under the rain. The episode ends with a descending shot on the blood covered sword as the rain pours heavily on it and a mix of blue and crimson is washed away by a small current.
Episode 8 would start off with Jack and Ashi on a river shore, with Jack sitting on his knees taciturn while Ashi helps to wash away the blood from his body. Jack looks at his reflection in the water intently. He then asks Ashi he'd like to be alone for a moment. She's wary, but complies. Then Jack, using the sword shaves his beard right there. Viewing his old self, Jack manages to smile, breaths in and stands up with newly found vigor. Ashi is then surprised and pleased with the change. Episode 8 then continues however you want it to do.
>>
>>95288823
How about 8 stays the same and keeps triggering people
>>
>>95288907
I'm in too deep now; it wouldn't feel natural. I'd change the setting but I'd definitely keep the romance in. I've inserted too much physical contact to back down now.
I wouldn't keep Jack and Ashi stuck, though; the entire episode would be a long journey towards Aku. Maybe just ditch the whole daughter of Aku and save it for the end; have them meet up with the Scotsman and his army so that we can have a two episode long finale. Hell, the daughter of Aku bit could come in handy during the first part of the final battle.
>>
File: if only.jpg (111KB, 728x546px) Image search: [Google]
if only.jpg
111KB, 728x546px
>>95283709
honestly, the quality just turned to such shit as it progressed
everything nuJack does by episode 8, old jack done better
that's why I haven't seen the last 2 episodes
>>
>>95286051
>>Jack regaining his sword would not stop him from being the hard bitter 70 year old he became
That part is okay. The idea that he can't use the sword because he's full of doubt and he has to get over that doubt works thematically.
The problem is that in order to resolve that they essentially did a "Jack has to let go of his past" character progression when the finale, and indeed the entire plot of the series is "MUH PAST". They don't mix at all.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.