[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Preacher

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 22

File: arseface.jpg (102KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
arseface.jpg
102KB, 1080x1080px
>Season 2 averaged a .40 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 1.19 million viewers. Those numbers are down by 36% and down by 29%, respectively. Comparatively, The Walking Dead averages a 5.39 in the 18-49 demographic and 11.349 million viewers. Fear the Walking Dead averaged .97 in the 18-49 demographic and 2.553 million viewers. Better Caul Saul and Into the Badlands have both been renewed for another season. The former averaged a .59 and 1.644 million viewers, while the latter averaged .79 and 1.99 million viewers.

Fuck. I hope it's renewed and they give at least a little resolution to the God storyline. The way it's resolved in the comics is unsatisfying, and besides, I really like this show.
>>
File: Johann.jpg (19KB, 316x224px) Image search: [Google]
Johann.jpg
19KB, 316x224px
>>95281571
>>Season 2 averaged a .40 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 1.19 million viewers. Those numbers are down by 36% and down by 29%, respectively.
I enjoyed the first season for the most part; the second season has been dull as dirt with an absurd amount of filler and several ass-pulls ( the way they resolved the Saint of Killers for example ). I don't know that I'd bother to watch a third season even if it got renewed, desu.
>>
Good, this was a miserable adaptation that deserved to fail. Making Jesse and his dad abusive cunts is pants on head retarded characterization for characters that are supposed to strive to live by pic related, and the show completely failed to even attempt the trademark faced paced road story that made the comic so great. The only shame is that Garth won't get the big bucks from syndication. RIP Steve Dillon
>>
>>95281571
>Those numbers are down by 36% and down by 29%, respectively.
Because it's slow and boring as fuck.

The first few episode were great but ever since they got to New Orleans the pacing just ground to a complete fucking halt.
>>
With the exception of B-plots and the general friction between Jesse/Tulip/Cass, and the Saint being my favorite character by far, would I enjoy the books?

The upside to this being cancelled is I'll get the series ASAP, because I love the general concept of the whole thing, but with it being a show I don't want much POSSIBLY spoiled, because who knows what they'll take from the comics.
>>
File: Look at me im acting.jpg (82KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Look at me im acting.jpg
82KB, 1920x1080px
>>95281571
this bitch and her one note angry bulldog face anf rediculous over the top fake accent, compiled with all the other problems makes this show unwatchabel to be
>>
>>95281774
>Making Jesse and his dad abusive cunts is pants on head retarded
The funny part is, for the most part they still came off more understandable than they were supposed to, especially in Jesse's case.

>>95282220
>With the exception of B-plots and the general friction between Jesse/Tulip/Cass, and the Saint being my favorite character by far, would I enjoy the books?

Depends. While the tones are similar, they really are two different stories by now. The bits of black comedy in the comic might not work for you compared to the moments in the show. Several characters, including the Saint, are much less interesting than they are in the show. The upside though, the plotting is a lot tighter at points.

>I don't want much POSSIBLY spoiled, because who knows what they'll take from the comics.

I'd still say to read the source material. As I said, the two incarnations might as well be different stories with similar premises and characters.
>>
>>95282252
>over the top fake accent
Pisses me off too

>>95282220
>would I enjoy the books?
I think maybe skip the main story and read only the specials. The Cassidy special is great. The rest is so-so. Great ideas but boring execution. Nothing even comes close to Fiore and DeBlanc in the series.
>>
>>95281571
I didn't watch the new season of Better Call Saul.
Is he actually Saul Goodman yet?
>>
>>95282512
No, but real soon.
>>
>>95282220
> but with it being a show I don't want much POSSIBLY spoiled, because who knows what they'll take from the comics

Just read them. The show has taken precious little from the source. I doubt that will change.

Seriously, there's people going by the same names, but with different personalities, stories, arcs, sometimes even looks.

Also the comic is amazing, the show is shit, just read nigga
>>
>>95281571
>I hope the adventures of Wet Napkin, Angry Bulldog and Vampire Rudy continue to further deface one of the greatest comics.
>>
what kind of shenanigans do you think hitler will get into now that hes out?
>>
It felt like they tried to cover a lot more this season but it still dragged a bit too long. If they're going to stay in one place the whole season they really don't need 13 episodes.
>>
>>95284329
Become the president of the United States.

>>95283360
It doesn't deface anything. It's got the same core ideas, only a different plot. For example instead of Cassidy killing the "bad vampires" of Les Enfants Du Sang, he killed his own son. He didn't give a dramatic speech like in the comics but the message is the same message - Cassidy doesn't want vampires going around killing people. And frankly, I like the TV series' execution better.
>>
>>95281571
What a shit season finale.
I hope it gets picked up for a 3rd season for some resolution but would completely understand if it doesn't.

NOTHING happened this season, Assface escaping from hell was the only noteworthy event and the cliffhanger felt rushed.
>>
File: 1276670796682.jpg (114KB, 705x1091px) Image search: [Google]
1276670796682.jpg
114KB, 705x1091px
>>95281774
Sorry, fathers aren't allowed to be good at parenting on Tv any more unless they are black, or overweight buffoons. A macho guy who smokes cigs and hates communism and loves John Wayne is heteronormative and oppresively racist. Not a good dad, shitlord!
go ahead and cry about /pol/ like babies but you know this is true and that's why it makes you uncomfortable.
They would have just fucked up Herr Starr anyways, press F for this motherfucker and let it die.
>>
>>95286337
you project a whole lot anon.
get out of the house more.
>>
I really want to like this show but certain episodes are so fucking boring and full of uneventful filler it's like they're begging me to stop watching.
>>
File: Starr Penis.jpg (784KB, 1977x3020px) Image search: [Google]
Starr Penis.jpg
784KB, 1977x3020px
I'm willing to bet season 2 was just thrown together at the last minute because everyone thought season 1 would be too shocking to continue.

At least Pip was a decent Starr, even with the script he had to work with.
>>
>>95287816
And the interesting parts go NOWHERE!
WTF is the deal with vampires? Who does Casidy keep calling?
WTF is the deal with Jesse's other family (the crazy voodoo ones) they keep dropping hints like everyone should be afraid of them but never show any reason to be.
Anything involving the Saint... Never gave an explanation on why his weapons were special.
>>
>>95282656
What's "real soon?"
Fuck me, the end of the first season perfectly set him up, but then they dropped it for more law firm internal politics.
>>
>>95286169

>Fiore and DeBlanc are both killed (DeBlanc died last season but still)
>Arseface / Hitler escaping hell
>The Grail appointing Jesse as the Messiah
>Learning a little bit more about Jesse's backstory involving his mother's side of the family.
>Tulip dies (She's going to be revived, but fuck me I hope she stays dead)
>Jesse and Cassidy going to Angelville to have Jesse's grandmother revive Tulip

>Nothing happened this season

Compared to last season this season had a SHIT load more lore involved in it, plus it had much more likely side/ one off characters.
>>
>>95286337
I don't think it has anything to do with SJW shit I just think it's that daddy issues bullshit is such cheap and easy drama these shit writers overuse it. Also a lot of them probably had shit parents and can't avoid injecting it into the stories.
>>
>>95286337
Nah, dramas have never had good parents. Sitcoms still do.
>>
Season 1 was some of the most pointless television i ever had the misfortune to watch.

Who else still /mad/ at how unresolved and unsatisfying it was?
>>
>>95289446
>Preacher kills off the entire town in the first issue
>The show somehow thinks it's a good idea to make them the focus of an entire season
The fact that television writers are more retarded than comic book writers always astounds me
>>
>>95289529
Odin Quincannon was the best part of season 1. I just wish he got more screen time and we got to see his backstory a little bit more. Although, seeing the meat baby was great.
>>
What the fuck is it with Walking Dead? How does a show that has been so consistently awful and manipulative from the second season seem to be such a juggernaut? And how is it absolutely nothing seems to be able to replicate its success?

I mean they've tried everything from adapting acclaimed comics to trying to ape the zombie angle with other popular sci-fi and horror concepts. Yet only the Walking Dead has managed to become this runaway success.
>>
>>95288072
but besides the escape subplot and the family, none of it goes anywhere.

and your last three are all the same plot point basically, and we really only learn all that in the last two episodes.

and personally i found the grail more interesting when we knew less about it.
>>
File: wellwellwell.png (468KB, 623x646px) Image search: [Google]
wellwellwell.png
468KB, 623x646px
>>95282409
>I think maybe skip the main story and read only the specials. The Cassidy special is great. The rest is so-so. Great ideas but boring execution. Nothing even comes close to Fiore and DeBlanc in the series.
Oh come on
>>
>>95289712
>How does a show that has been so consistently awful and manipulative from the second season seem to be such a juggernaut?
Read this thread.

People prefer shitty soap operas over character drama because "nothing happens."
>>
What was that shit Dennis was watching? Snuff? Why did he tell Cassidy "can you be good"? What was with that?
>>
>>95290100
>soap opera
>character drama

i don't think those words mean what you think they mean anon
>>
>>95289712
Because your opinion is shit. Once the box set with the original and Fear comes out with all the webisodes and extras, rewatch it and tell me it's shit. You probably watch Steven Universe.
>>
File: muh_dicky.png (45KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
muh_dicky.png
45KB, 600x600px
I can forgive the divergence in the plotlines, but the show completely fucked the characterizations by having Cassidy fuck Tulip in the back of a car in season 1. Now they could never replicate the best part about the character interactions in the comic.
>>
>ITT: Wah! Not muh!
>>
>>95282404
>Several characters, including the Saint, are much less interesting than they are in the show.
How is Saint more interesting in the show?
>>
File: Tulip.jpg (29KB, 390x640px) Image search: [Google]
Tulip.jpg
29KB, 390x640px
>>95289992
What exactly would you have wanted to happen this season? I think they put enough into the season to have everyone interested, while not revealing too much.
>They didn't really go too far into Cassidy's background, which was fine
>They talked more about Jesse's background
>They talked more about God and heaven a bit
>They showed Hell and what I'm assuming was Limbo with the Ferryman

>>95290287
I will admit, they should never have had them fuck in season 1, but him lusting over her this season has been fun. But, I don't see how anyone like Cass would be lusting over ugly ass Ruth Negga. Casting Cooper's girlfriend was a terrible choice, I can't honestly believe her as Tulip.
>>
>>95290545
The biggest miscast of the show is Dominic Cooper. He is an absolute beta irl and doesn't do much better in the show.
Jesse has to have machismo and charisma. Cooepr has neither. Faggy haircut doesn't help the matters too.
>>
Why is Humperdido a retard in the show?
In the comics Grail put the kids (plural, which explains the incest) of Jesus in some dungeon and kept the bloodline secure through the ages.
In the show they got their hands on just one child. Which means that they would've had to breed him with some random woman, an act they could have repeated through the ages.
>>
>>95290115
>What was that shit Dennis was watching? Snuff?
Les Enfants Du Sang, in the comic, a group of twats who worship vampires and let vampires kill them. They're like the South Park goths only they really die. Cassidy is not into that so he kills the vampires.
When Dennis says "that's what we do" it's implied that he's into killing people. And his behavior in general indicates that he's really down with the killing.
Cassidy had to make the choice whether to leave him in New Orleans where he'll keep on killing, or kill him. This parallels the Les Enfants Du Sang story in the comics, and the stuff on the computer was a nod to that.
>Why did he tell Cassidy "can you be good"? What was with that?
d to that.
It's >implied that their vampire sense or whatever allows them to get memories from the stuff they touch. When Cassidy touches the underwear he sees his past, killing a woman. Then Dennis touches them and he sees the same thing. Cassidy realizes that with Dennis around, he will slip back to his old ways, so he kills Dennis.

In the comics, Cassidy asks God to be human again. Assuming this series ever gets to a conclusion, Cassidy should be heading in the same direction.
>>
File: preacher-god.jpg (71KB, 648x402px) Image search: [Google]
preacher-god.jpg
71KB, 648x402px
>>95290644
I think he's playing the character fine. He's playing the "Southern rough necked Jesus lover" well. That and his back and forth with Gilgun is fantastic. But again, Negga is fucking worthless in the show.
My only worry, is who are they going to cast as God? He'd have to be sculpted like a Greek sculpture
>>
>>95290755
>could have
But didn't.
>>
>>95290545
IDK anon. I felt the plots for the first season went somewhere and had a resolution. (even if it was everyone died). This season felt more like nothing but set up for season 3 which may never come and none of the storylines (besides the escape one) came to any fruition.
Which is why i feel like nothing happened.
it was basically "Look at all this other stuff out in the world that we don't really know what to do with."
>>
File: preacher_cut.png (603KB, 601x618px) Image search: [Google]
preacher_cut.png
603KB, 601x618px
Cass is a fucking mess in this.
Cmon your BFF finally knows where god is and you're not rolling with THAT?!
The only reason he even know them is because he's a wild motherfucker that gave a ride to a chick that had a gun to his face.
Dude's an adventurous adrenaline junkie.

Yet he fucking let's Custer go alone.
>>
File: Jody & Tulip.jpg (390KB, 1074x1650px) Image search: [Google]
Jody & Tulip.jpg
390KB, 1074x1650px
>>95290755
They probably picked one other bloodline that could be mixed with Jesus', and from that bloodline they felt was worth, had someone come in when they were needed. Or they kept that bloodline the same way and only let them interbreed with Jesus'.
Down the road, inbreeding was guaranteed to happen, but back in those days and the centuries to follow, they didn't know that inbreeding would occur, and when they did it was far too late

>>95290892
I felt like it was more of a "This is their first stop on the road to finding God, lets sprinkle little nods and details throughout the season for fans to be interested in more than just their search for God."
Season 2 was all about their FIRST stop, and not a whole lot can truly happen at the first stop on a road trip. That being said, A LOT did happen this season and it'll get carried over into season 3, what with Assface being on Earth again, Hitler running around Hitlering, Jesse being The Grail's chosen Messiah, Tulip being dead (VERY disappointing compared to the comics btw)
>>
>>95291046
>I felt like it was more of a "This is their first stop on the road to finding God
>their FIRST stop
>not a whole lot can truly happen at the first stop
The problem of the show creators is that they assume that the show is going to have a long life, when in reality they would be lucky to get at least one more season.
>>
>>95291046
I'll agree to disagree with you anon as i don't think we will ever meet in the middle.

that being said though, while i didn't enjoy this season as much as the first i still hope they get a third.
>>
>>95290786
Thanks a ton anon! I'm only up to issue 5 or so of the comic.
>>
Think they'll make god a woman?
>>
File: Bruce.jpg (18KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Bruce.jpg
18KB, 640x480px
>>95291259
They already showed God as a bitch.
>>
Is Hitler in the books? What happens with him if so?
>>
File: 1500044103918.png (10KB, 220x211px) Image search: [Google]
1500044103918.png
10KB, 220x211px
>>95291240
You deserve this desu
>>
>>95291275
Nope. Arseface doesn't even go to hell. He becomes a vigilante (will probably happen in the show if season 3 ever gets made), then becomes a rock star, then finds true love and settles down.
>>
>>95291275
No. But John Wayne's spirit is.
>>
File: 1414050555221.png (261KB, 718x540px) Image search: [Google]
1414050555221.png
261KB, 718x540px
>>95291270
>>
>>95291352
>>95291354
Alright, thanks anons. I knew about the John Wayne thing already, but not Arseface'sfate.
>>
>>95291356
So when a person replies to their own post with a laughing reaction image, is that like a laugh track in sitcoms?
>>
>>95291275
No. The only time we ever see hell is when the Saint of Killers goes there after his death and freezes hell with his anger. In order to unfreeze it the Angel of Death makes him a deal to become the new Angel of Death, melts his sword down to make the Saints guns and he leaves. after Hell returns to normal the Devil talks some shit and the Saint kills him.
>>
>>95290755
Haven't caught up with the show yet, but if they still wanted to keep the bloodline as pure as possible, the kid would still end up nearly as retarded.
In the comic:
>2 kids directly descendant from Jesus
>forced incest leads to 2 more kids
>repeat for 100 generations of forced incest to keep the bloodline pure
In the show:
>1 kid directly descendant from Jesus, 1 woman he could breed with
>forced sex leads to 2 kids
>repeat for 100 generations of incest to keep the bloodline as pure as possible
So humperdido's a product of only 100 rather than 101 generations of pure incest. Surely he would still be absolutely fucked up even if generation 0 weren't related.
>>
If they spend the entirety/80% percent of the next season in Grandma's residence, it will be all ogre.
They have to up the tempo.
>>
>>95286337
I always had one problem with Herr Star. how did he let himself get ass raped? he's a fucking skilled GSG9 Operative. couldn't he have just fucking fought off the rapist? or shot them? he wouldn't be unarmed. they make a point of this later before he joined the Grail.
>>
>>95291400
I'm actually the first poster but understand your concern.
>>
who would've thunk that iZombie and Lucifer would end up a million times more fun than this
>>
>tfw tulip won't stay dead
>>
>>95291645
I would have. If only because I knew AMC would never be able to do Preacher justice. its very much a hard R comic. HBO, Showtime, or Starz are the only channels that could pull it off.
>>
>>95291558
>I always had one problem with Herr Star. how did he let himself get ass raped? he's a fucking skilled GSG9 Operative. couldn't he have just fucking fought off the rapist? or shot them? he wouldn't be unarmed. they make a point of this later before he joined the Grail.
He was bored out of his mind, so he decided to let someone else bore his ass.
>>
File: maniac.gif (512KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
maniac.gif
512KB, 320x180px
>>95291668
>>
File: tulipoharecomics1.jpg (320KB, 630x711px) Image search: [Google]
tulipoharecomics1.jpg
320KB, 630x711px
>Tulip dies and comes back to life as a blonde white girl with a non-fake Southern accent
>>
File: a28.jpg (16KB, 331x338px) Image search: [Google]
a28.jpg
16KB, 331x338px
>>95291709
We can dream.
>>
File: 1504909662094.gif (4MB, 320x214px) Image search: [Google]
1504909662094.gif
4MB, 320x214px
>>95291709
>mfw that happens, Jesse grows his hair out a bit and Cassidy starts wearing sunglasses all the time

though its mostly the Cassidy one. he really should have always been wearing sunglasses.
>>
File: 5ofuRWxe1rpwm80o.jpg (19KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
5ofuRWxe1rpwm80o.jpg
19KB, 184x184px
>>95291756
It's tough to express all emotions needed with glasses on BUT NO ONE FUCKING CARES.
We just want him to wear glasses all the time.
>>
>>95291811
its less about wanting it because he wore them all the time in the comics and more about the fact that never seeing his eyes because of the various reason why his eyes were fucked up and red was an important part of his character. I'm not normally one for pointless mysteries in stories but I liked how we never knew what his eyes looked like and then find out what and why they are like they are. also you can emote perfectly fine without ever seeing the eyes of a character.
>>
>>95281774
Not to go full /co/mblr but they were kind of shitty people in the comics too, due to Garth Ennis and his juvenile, violent ideal of masculinity. People just rarely called Jesse on it.
>>
>>95292813
>People rarely called Jesse on it
It's literally Tulip and Jesse's main and only source of conflict, they fought about Jesse being an overly macho dick all the time. Yea they could be shitty, they were flawed but they attempted to be good, to help people and Jesse never would have been physically abusive.
>due to Garth Ennis and his juvenile, violent ideal of masculinity
Confirmed for retard who's only read Preacher. Read Hitman and Kev then get back to me with this trash heap of an opinion.
>>
>>95291437
and that's a shame because that's the one setting that it really makes sense for them to stick at for a while, just like they did in the comic. It was a good reprieve from the previous pace.
>>
>>95293280
didn't they only spend like a couple of issues at the grandmas?
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.