[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is she a deeper, or at least, an interesting character in the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 8

Is she a deeper, or at least, an interesting character in the comics? She is a complete retarded stalker in vidya
>>
>>95280408
no. She is dumber.

Mega-drive did her character great
>>
>>95280430
how is she there? Also, I heared that it was cancelled
>>
>>95280458
I don't want to spoil it.
>>
>>95280408
She's ok in Boom, just like all characters.
It's really a shame they gave that game to that shit studio, the license as a whole was really well crafted.
>>
>>95280475
oh come ooon... if it is a cancelled series I wont read it
>>
>>95280408
She is. Read the comics.
>>
File: 1501461072856.jpg (465KB, 750x1258px) Image search: [Google]
1501461072856.jpg
465KB, 750x1258px
>>95280408
Sonic boom is the only time her character is entertaining
>>
>>95280408
in Sonic Boom, she's the team's defacto Leader since Sonic is too lazy to actually lead team sonic.
>>
>>95280408
In the Archie Comic, she had an interesting back story that was kinda abandoned towards the end, due to the reboot. Overall, had potential, and could, at times, be well developed. Hell, she even called out Sonic once in the comic, which I would NEVER imagine her doing in the games, refreshing!

The comic she was probably the best in though was the Mega-Drive series, but that series never got finished, because Sega and Archie broke up right before the last issue was meant to be released. I mean, the classic characters were done well overall in that short lived series, so Amy was no exception.

Amy Rose in the Sonic Boom series is a nice change of pace, as she is not some needy, stubborn stalker girl, but just a close friend who has a thing for Sonic, yet she also wants to be a strong independent woman, just like how she sees Sonic as a strong independent man. That being said, Amy takes the piss out of Sonic and Knuckles at times, and is even seen being kinda neutral with Eggman, hell, they are even kinda close in a few episodes, as they have more in common than you would imagine. Amy is just kinda quirky, a bit of a goofball at times, yet want to be respected by others, especially Sonic, who actually does respect her, most of the time, and treats her like a person, rather than treating her like dead weight, as he often does in the games.

Oh, and there was an exclsuive origin comic for Sonic in the UK that re-introduces Amy, but it is just too fucking crazy, and it has no real ties to any current canon, so I would not recommend reading it unless you want to see some weird human Sonic and Amy escapades.
>>
File: 1504751936240.jpg (111KB, 801x997px) Image search: [Google]
1504751936240.jpg
111KB, 801x997px
>>95280408
Significantly better. Probably the best incarnation.
>>
>>95281227
oh that sounds interesting. I tried to get into the comics but it was too much. Left the archie run in number 60, yeeears ago...where can I start from?
>>
File: df9.jpg (1MB, 1986x3056px) Image search: [Google]
df9.jpg
1MB, 1986x3056px
>>95281698
If you want to jump in during Ian's start of the run of the comics you can fast forward to 160 from Archie Sonic. The comic was widely considered a mess due to previous other writers - Penders - messing with things. The first 15 or so issues of Ian's run is basically running cleanup and damage control on older story lines. If you do jump in at 160 you can Wiki things you may have missed.

That said, the comic and it's sister series Sonic Universe may cover things you would be unfamiliar with, having quit at 60 you said. It would probably be good to read from where you left off, but that's up to you.

Archie Sonic Amy and Boom Amy are probably the best the franchise has seen.
>>
>>95280547
I hope you don't mean that for comics in general.
>>
She's great in Sonic the Comic, the UK one. The UK Sonic the Comic was like 2-4 shorter stories per issue, usually 2 Sonic ones and 1 or 2 other ones. Amy has her own strip which usually (along with the Knuckles solo strips) had killer art.

The set-up is basically Amy and this geeky canary and occasionally this cyborg Squirrel end up traveling through space and into weird alternate universes and dimensions and getting into cosmic adventures.

Amy and Tekno (the canary) being in lesbians was a meme.
>>
>>95283026
Sonic the Comic was really weird.

Sometimes it got really Kirby-esque.
>>
>>95283026
>She's great in Sonic the Comic, the UK one.
Not OP, but I didn't really care for what I read of it. Seemed like they played Amy as this samey "gurl power" character with no characterization except the generic "strong headed adventurer" which is like no personality at all.
>>
File: 6fc9b7df49dad2ed83d95e77529ddc40.png (881KB, 1024x1324px) Image search: [Google]
6fc9b7df49dad2ed83d95e77529ddc40.png
881KB, 1024x1324px
Amy is dumb
>>
>>95283026
>>
Boom Amy is best Amy imo.

Actually Boom just characterizes everyone well.
>>
>>95283304
tails is still boring besides the one episode where eggman helps him get a gf
>>
>>95283304
Thirsty Amy is best Amy.
>>
>>95283327
Hmm. True. That episode was gold tho
>>
File: 1505181909682.jpg (2MB, 1986x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1505181909682.jpg
2MB, 1986x3056px
"late" archie Amy is the most entertaining.

because she's embraced some sort of Battle Lust and is absolutely terrifying in combat.
>>
File: IMG_0299.png (266KB, 510x431px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0299.png
266KB, 510x431px
>>
>>95283476
I forgot that absolutely sick roast, but Amy is dope in the Boom cartoon. Won't speak on the game tho, since I never played it.
>>
>>95283496
The faster everyone forgets the game the better.
>>
>>95283551
I WANT ROCKY ROAD ICE CREAM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDCzoqhjP7M
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.