[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Spider-Man

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1127.jpg (3MB, 3968x3056px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1127.jpg
3MB, 3968x3056px
>SPIDER-MAN #20
>BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS (w) • OSCAR BAZALDUA (a)
>Cover by PATICK BROWN
>VENOMIZED BLACK CAT VARIANT COVER BY MING DOYLE
>Miles Morales, you’re under arrest!
>If Miles’ parents weren’t already freaking out about their son, they are now!
>32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99
>"Oh no! Miles is under arrest! And his parents are worried! How will Miles get out of this one-"
>Actual issue is about Miles going to Japan
>Issue has nothing to do with the cover or solicit
Does Bendis not plan these things out properly? Or does he just not care anymore?
>>
>>95267728
>Does Bendis not plan these things out properly? Or does he just not care anymore?
both
>>
>>95267728
are you new? Bendis has been doing this ever since at least AvX. His solicitations for his cosmic event actually promised a far more interesting story than the shit they actually wrote in the comic.
>>
>>95268135
>His solicitations for his cosmic event actually promised a far more interesting story than the shit they actually wrote in the comic.
What was it?
>>
>>95267728
Okay in all seriousness that's kind of a dick move to shops. They're buying based on solicits, How is this not a bait and switch?
>>
>>95267728
How does this happen? Like the solicit doesn't even match up to the story.

Why did the story change? Did Bendis change his mind and want Miles in Japan or something?
>>
>>95268135
I can understand a big event having changes (even Secret Empire did it). But this is a regular issue. Usually when something similar like this happens they change the cover and move the story to a later issue or something.
>>
I thought it was a part of japan's culture for delinquents to harass girls and possibly rape hem
Why americans always try to force their ways onto another culture?
>>
infamous iron man had the same
>>
>>95267728
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/03/22/nothing-on-the-cover-or-the-solicit-for-invincible-iron-man-5-happens-in-the-comic/

>Nothing On The Cover Or Description For Invincible Iron Man #5 Happens In The Comic

>Here’s the solicitation details and cover for Invincible Iron Man #5 by Brian Bendis and Stefano Caselli, out today.

>The world now knows about Riri Williams and what she can do. So other heroes come to court her for their super-teams and villains come looking for revenge on Iron Man.
> • Welcome to the Marvel Universe, Riri Williams! (Oh, and Deadpool.)
>Rated T+

>The cover fits the solicited story perfectly. Except that’s not actually the story in the comic book at all. None of the people on the cover are in the comic, aside from Ironheart.

>Maybe someone in editorial noticed that they weren’t putting out the same comic that they sold in – and was concerned about the people who were buying it just because Deadpool was in it. And what they would do if he wasn’t…

>Look! There he is after all! Now the comic book is no longer returnable…
>>
>>95269795
So Bendis is just lying with clickbait covers and solicites?
>>
>>95270085
He's been doing it for a while. The solicits that don't lie actually fail to explain anything that happens in the book. They're just really generic.
>>
>>95267728
The next issue also has a generic cover with a generic solicit, which makes no mention of either Miles getting arrested or Miles being in Japan.
>>
File: Free art 1.png (204KB, 646x580px) Image search: [Google]
Free art 1.png
204KB, 646x580px
>>95271377
>which makes no mention of either Miles getting arrested or Miles being in Japan.

I don't know why can't miles just getting invite card by the villain instead of randomly go to japan. But, at-least it is better than miles staying in New york.
>>
>>95267728
Maybe it was changed because Peter is having a similar storyline in Zdarsky's book.
>>
>>95267728
I didn't know Redwood was on a comic cover?!!!
>>
>>95267728
>Does Bendis not plan these things out properly?
The man has 3 months to plan something, and he makes it up on the spot. He pitches first then decides what he wants to write later.
>>
>>95268352
>Why did the story change? Did Bendis change his mind and want Miles in Japan or something?
BINGO!

Look at the solicits of everything past Ultimate Spider-Man 200 onwards. Bendis just makes it all up on the spot.
>>
>>95267728
>lul lets bait people into how Miles is racially profiled and then arrested, fuck Trump and whitey!
>The comic is nothing about that
>>
Quick reminder.
Miles doesn't speak Japanese and still goes to Japan.
Fuck, he could have just gone to Canada or Alaska and he would have been fine for Christ's sake
>>
>>95273376
Well duh, how else would we get hilarious culture shock jokes?

I can't wait for Miles to ask "what's a 'hentai'?".LOL

You know it's going to happen.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.