[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is the best thing to ever happen to the X-Men since Claremont

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: House_of_M_Vol_1_1.jpg (104KB, 640x983px) Image search: [Google]
House_of_M_Vol_1_1.jpg
104KB, 640x983px
This is the best thing to ever happen to the X-Men since Claremont
>>
>>95267411
Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>95267411
Thats not Morrison's run
>>
>>95267436
Not OP, but I liked it as an AU. I'd read a book set there. Give it a sci-fi GoT/Star Wars vibe and you're set.
>>
>>95267436
Why do you hate X-Men?
>>
>>95267726
I love the X-Men, that's why I told you to go fuck yourself.
>>
It's my favorite crossover event post-2000. All the stories outside the main event were pretty interesting.
>>
>>95267750
>loves X-Men
>doesn't like the thing that fixed X-Men
>>
>>95267411

this is a good event
And X-Men from Morrison to Schism/AvX had a very long high quality period. Gillen's Uncanny X-Men, Spurrier's X-Men Legacy, and Remender's Uncanny Avengers, were the last great stories of that period.

Bendis shitted the bed with his run, and then we had shitstain of the terrigen mist/inhuman push books.
>>
>>95268318
xmen were not broken because House of M.
Morrison, X Statix, and Whedon XMen, were all very good.

They were a problem for the consistency of the Marvel world. How can the Avengers be special if there are 16 million mutants and cities/neighbourhoods with populations made entirely of superpowered beings.
Because there wasnt a quality of the storytelling or bad sales problem.

at best it proves those who think XMen should be in their own universe are right.
>>
X-Men do something every decade to trim down the Mutant population because it just gets so damn big sometimes. 80's they had the Mutant Massacre and killed all the Morlocs. 90's they had the Legacy Virus, 00's they had House of M, 10's they had Terrigan Myst.
>>
>>95267760
Oh. I only ever read the main series, and it was amazingly light on any kind of plot.
>>
>>95268553
But it also had Brubaker then Fraction's mediocre to poor runs, and the whole Hope arc that had a completely unsatisfactory, no payoff ending. New X-Men devolved into a downward spiral of killing/traumatising its characters, Young X-Men was bad, and nothing about any of the solos at the time has even stuck in my mind enough to remember.
>>
>>95268605
>xmen were not broken because House of M.
>Morrison, X Statix, and Whedon XMen, were all very good.
Morrison was before House of M, so was X Statix, and so was half of Whedon's Asonishing.
House of M had a definite negative impact on the line.
>>
>>95268719
The trouble was, between AvX restoring mutants and the mist, all there was was one new team (Goldballs and co.), who hardly did anything because of Bendis decompression. There was absolutely no call for another mutant cull at the time they did the mist.
>>
Lobdell was better than Claremont
>>
>>95267411
>revisionism has caught up to us to the point that people are considering HoM good

First the Death of Superman apologists came, then the Clone Saga apologists, and now this
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.