[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is the new blue beetle comic so bad?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: PicsArt_09-06-05.55.10.jpg (176KB, 594x660px) Image search: [Google]
PicsArt_09-06-05.55.10.jpg
176KB, 594x660px
Why is the new blue beetle comic so bad?
>>
>>95266258
Art is shit
The characters are unlikable
The bickering isn't good banter, it's a bunch of people who seem to genuinely dislike each other fighting all the time
Giffen keeps sticking in characters from his old books because they keep getting canceled
>>
The new 52 version was likeable and the first one by John Rogers was awesome, because the art was nice and the story was well written
>>
Because Giffen can only be a good writer 50% of the time and it's not right now
>>
And why does this new story has a magical background of the scarab?
They made just a few comics of Jaime and after this short period they are running out of ideas!
What the fuck?
>>
It's the characters mostly. Part of what made his original post-Crisis run so good was that it put a really strong emphasis on Jaime's strong support network of family and friends. Sure it's not always hugs and kisses, but you can tell "Team Blue Beetle" always has each other's backs. Peacemaker is incredibly rough around the edges, but Jaime obviously respects him and considers his advice despite that because he tells it like it is and doesn't treat him like some kid.

In Rebirth, everyone comes off as absolutely hating each other's guts. Every other line out of any given character's mouth is snark or insults. Paco and Brenda's constant bickering in particular is less like friendly teasing like before and more like outright hating each other. Even Jaime seems like he's sick of it and seems to distance himself from them because he's so fed up with their constant fighting. Kord commands zero respect with all his secrets and Jaime often defies/ignores him at least somewhat out of annoyed spite.
>>
I never read the the Ted Cord comics but i thought he would be more... different. Like in a certain way
>>
He act in rebirth like an engineer, who get the first time money and can now build everything he desires. And why do they need to chill in this bug the whole time. I mean, he is still a billionare. A homebase wouldn't be so expensive...
>>
>>95266258
His supporting cast of friends was half the reason his first solo run was so good. They are hateful shits now
>>
Indeed
>>
Did they fix his chin yet?
The redesign was Soooo ugly.
>>
>>95266258
Our boy Donny T. got stonewalled in Congress?
>>
File: just on my way to.jpg (138KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
just on my way to.jpg
138KB, 1366x768px
>>95266933
You like to buy poor people free food and mug them later I understand?
>>
>>95266258
Because for some reason even after Rebirth they fucking refuse to just pick up from the original 2006 run just this time with Ted Kord as a mentor/partner.
>>
File: 1446104114733.jpg (41KB, 514x531px) Image search: [Google]
1446104114733.jpg
41KB, 514x531px
>>95268906
>they fucking refuse to just pick up from the original 2006 run

FUCKING THIS
>>
>>95266258
Giffen is writing. Giffen should retire as he can no longer write decent comics anymore.
>>
>>95266258
No John Rogers
He was always the key.
>>
>>95266258
>Giffen was writing it alone at the start then DeMatteis just dropped in
>The first arc was a 3 issue, maybe a 4 issue arc at best but it went on for what 12 or 13 issues or something.
>The artist/colorist chemistry is non existant, Fajardo has been forced to work with artists who his style doesn't match with and to ruin their art in Rebirth. Same think happened with Bilquis evely too.
>>
>>95266692
Jeez, it's almost a Marvel comic.
>>
>>95270699
He wrote a story in the Legends of Tomorrow anthology that was top tier
>>
>>95266258
I miss Ted with Blue and Gold shenanigans.

You never know what you had until it gets shot in the head. Sure Ted's back but it's obviously not the same. Jaime a shit.
>>
>>95266258
>New-Supes, Blue Beetle, and Cyborg are the lowest selling Rebirth titles.
Yall rayciss shitlords. I'm literally shaking right now
>>
>>95266593
Especially when he's scripting himself. His dialogue has that weird antagonistic tone to it that thinks it's playful but it's just dickish. (Call it Waid-itis). He needs a co-writer, even if it's Didio.

what the hell, ranking Giffen co-writers:

1) Robert Loren Fleming
2) Bierbaums
3) DeMatteis
4) Dan Didio
>>
I was just about to start Rebirth run of Beetle. Is it bad from the start or just recently? Skimming the first issue it seem they are going with the friend who has a evil magic aunt story again. This is like the third time now so I was hoping it at least as an interesting take if so.
>>
File: tumblr_ovjbr3OAsp1tgo8o0o1_500.jpg (75KB, 494x750px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ovjbr3OAsp1tgo8o0o1_500.jpg
75KB, 494x750px
>>95267295
His new costume is so bad Tyler went back to his old design for his Variant covers.
>>95272514
It was shit at the start had some good moments but overall bad.
>>
>>95266258
Ted Kord
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.