[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Marvel vs. DC: Line-Wide Events

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

DC
>2004- Identity Crisis
>2005- Infinite Crisis
>2008- Final Crisis
>2009- Blackest Night
>2011- Flashpoint
>2013- Forever Evil
>2015- Convergence
>2017- Dark Nights: Metal

Marvel
>2005- House of M
>2006- Civil War
>2008- Secret Invasion
>2010- Siege
>2011- Fear Itself
>2012- Avengers vs. X-Men
>2013- Age of Ultron/Infinity
>2014- Original Sin
>2015- Secret Wars
>2016- Civil War II
>2017- Secret Empire

Why are Marvel events such shit /co/?
>>
>>95259894
why is avengers disassembled excluded?
>>
>>95259894
Almost every event is shit, Marvel just does more of them.
>>
>>95259894
>6/12 marvel events are written by bendis

Hmmmm
>>
>2008- Final Crisis
>2013- Forever Evil
>2015- Convergence

Highly debatable if these were line-wide events. Convergence especially was just a placeholder publication because they were changing offices.
>>
>>95260113
I wish superdad never had any connection to convergence. That way it would be that much easier to forget it existed.
>>
>>95260187
Convergence had some nice issues (some of the earth vs earth stuff were alright)
>>
>>95259894
This wasn't line-wide but it was a really, really big deal.
>>
>>95260299
This was a great event. One of the few that didn't disappoint.
>>
>>2011- Fear Itself
>>2012- Avengers vs. X-Men
>>2013- Age of Ultron/Infinity
>>2014- Original Sin
These feel like they ran nonstop coupled with the constant relaunches in the span. There was absolutely no time for titles to actually breathe.
>>
>>95260499
Dont forget AXIS
>>
>>95260113
Forever evil counts all the books got a villain issue
>>
>>95260113
You definitely have a point with Final Crisis and Convergence, but Forever Evil had a whole bunch of tie-ins. And this wasn't just a couple issues each, it was 6 issues each.
>Justice League
>Justice League of America
>Suicide Squad
>Teen Titans (only 3 issues)
>Rogues Rebellion
>Arkham War
>A.R.G.U.S.

And then, if you include Blight, there's even more.
>Justice League Dark
>Constantine
>Pandora
>Phantom Stranger
>>
>>95260531
Half the villain books wasn't even tie-ins.
>>
>>95260113
>>95260574
>Final Crisis
Although it didn't really tie into anything, or effect the universe all that much, it was clearly meant to be a major story, and it did launch a whole shit ton of tie-ins.

>Convergence
I debated putting this on the list, and I would agree that at least DC's events tend to be quite a bit different from one another (in terms of release strategy), while Marvel literally does the exact same thing every fucking year.
I ended up adding it because it did effect the universe in a major way (although DC You blew that opportunity hard), it took over the entire publishing line for two months, and had about 50 tie-in series.
>>
>>95260582
I didn't even include the Villains books... I would say about ten of them are directly tied into the main story, but the rest are little side stories. Everything else I mentioned, even when excluding Villain's month, adds up to a pretty massive event (and it still pales in comparison to Marvel's 100+ issues mega events).
>>
>>95259894
>Why are events such shit /co/?
ftfy
>>
>>95259894
What about IvX?
>>
>>95259894
I liked Forever Evil, but Marvel events had definitely gone down the shitty in the past few years. House of M is one of my favourite events of Marvel, but its just embarrassing to compare it to recent stuff.
Civil War II was so fucking awful
>>
>>95260844
House of M was the last Marvel event that I felt was good, which is just sad because it was the beginning of Marvel's constant event strategy.
>>
>>95260187
He doesn't anymore
>>
>>95260299
>The page when they showed the line-up of the Sinestro Corps. This is me realizing how Johns often go for these big "HOLY SHIT" moments for his books. Something that most writers can't do for some reason.
>>
>>95262518
It's been said that Johns writes like he's trying to get (You)s. That's a good way of putting it.
>>
>>95260299
that's like the dc version of marvel's annihilation event... low key cosmic goodness
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.