[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Blu-ray boxset when!?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

File: Teen Titans.png (845KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Teen Titans.png
845KB, 1920x1080px
Samurai Jack is getting one! Why isn't TT?
>>
Probably because Samurai Jack got revived.
>>
>>95245571
But so did TT!

Wait...
>>
>>95245553
Samurai Jack was one of the first shows CN did digitally in SD. The BD will be an upscale. Though that being said the DVDs have some serious picture quality issues, so maybe the BDs will be an improvement even downscaled to 480p.
>>
>>95246333
Actually I heard it's being rescanned from the original prints, so it's likely to be in actual HD.
>>
>>95246657
That's a lot of fucking work. CN is going all out.
>>
>>95245553
Cause it sucks?
>>
>>95247000
It's the second-best cartoon of all time, only surpassed by Gravity Falls.
>>
>>95246333
Teen Titans was actually done in digital HD though and WB have released in 1080p digitally.
>>
>>95248305
Only the last 3 seasons. AFAIK S1 and S2 are SD. My comment was solely about SJ.
>>
>>95248341
>AFAIK S1 and S2 are SD
Nope, the whole thing was done in HD. It just took them ages to actually put those first couple of seasons out there in HD.
>>
>>95248527
Well shit. I only have DVDs for it, is it on Amazon or something? iTunes only has SD.
>>
>>95247484
No? It's filled with the same contrived tropes from older super hero shows, covered with anime fucking tropes.
>>
>>95248552
I think it was GooglePlay that has the first two seasons in HD.
>>
Never.

Now buy DC and WB's streaming service.
>>
>>95248648
If I was a betting man I'd put money on Warner Archive putting them out on Blu-ray when the live action Titans series starts.
>>
>>95248628
That's correct, although a couple of scenes were cut out for some reason. (The rips that are floating around have said scenes re-inserted in shitty quality from elsewhere.)
>>
All seasons can be found in 16:9 1080p logoless online.
>>
>>95248937
Why did you feel the need to say something several other anons had already said?
>>
>>95245553
Containment board when?
>>
>>95249494
You STFU when?
>>
>>95248746
>That's correct, although a couple of scenes were cut out for some reason. (The rips that are floating around have said scenes re-inserted in shitty quality from elsewhere.)

Happen to know which scenes/episodes?
>>
>>95254909
The scenes before the intro in Apprentice II and Aftershock II.
>>
File: Aftershock_II_intro-reinsert.png (516KB, 1920x1090px) Image search: [Google]
Aftershock_II_intro-reinsert.png
516KB, 1920x1090px
>>95254947
>The scenes before the intro in Apprentice II and Aftershock II.
Ah thanks. I hadn't checked all the episodes yet.

They're not that bad actually. Aside from the Toonami watermark, they're a bit softer but I wouldn't say "shitty".
>>
>>95255509
The second one of them is particularly bad, it's actually sped up. And that watermark is really annoying, especially for archival purposes.
>>
>>95255644
>that watermark is really annoying, especially for archival purposes.

I agree with that. Given how simple it'd be to put the HD episodes onto a disc, I don't see why they wouldn't do a blu-ray set by now.
>>
>>95255976
Cartoon Blu-rays are an extreme rarity, I was really quite shocked at the SJ announcement.
>>
>>95256484
>Cartoon Blu-rays are an extreme rarity
True, true. An unfortunate truth. DVD compression is horrible and it's a shame so many cartoons (and live-action series) are relegated to that outdated format.
>>
>>95257706
Actually, cartoons don't get released on DVD very much anymore either. It's just digital now, or in quite a few cases no release at all.
>>
>>95257911
Again, sadly true. I hate how streaming is replacing physical copies. Case in-point being that they remastered Goof Troop, yet (as far as I know) made zero news about it and only released it via streaming services.
>>
>>95258572
It's even worse with soundtracks, which used to get the occasional release back when CDs were popular. Now it's like nobody's ever heard of them.
>>
>>95258638
Indeed. I'm amazed we still get a few.

While I'm grateful that the 5th season of Samurai Jack will get a release (digital-only, of course), I think it was a missed opportunity to not package the 1-4 season OST in the blu-ray box.
>>
>>95258948
*5th season's soundtrack
>>
>>95258948
I heard it's because they simply don't have the music available in readily distributable form, and the work involved to get it to that state just isn't worth it compared to the low potential sales
>>
>>95258982
Oh? Link to that, I'm curious.

Odd though, that they'd put in far more work (I assume) to remaster the original four seasons, but the soundtrack isn't worth it (sales could be taken care of by bundling it with the boxset, I think).
>>
>>95259070
Don't have the link, I've been reading a lot of stuff about that so I don't remember exactly where... maybe someone else knows?

But the thing is, the Blu-ray would still sell pretty much equally with or without the OST. So the extra work isn't justified in that sense.
>>
>>95259127
>Don't have the link, I've been reading a lot of stuff about that so I don't remember exactly where... maybe someone else knows?

Ah alright.

>But the thing is, the Blu-ray would still sell pretty much equally with or without the OST. So the extra work isn't justified in that sense.

I agree, but I meant if they were concerned with low soundtrack sales, including it with the blu-ray set and increasing the price on the boxset would probably recoup the money put into it.
>>
>>95257911
The Warner Archive have been really good about releasing the animated DC series on Blu-ray.

The only made in HD DC animated series that they haven't released are Teen Titans, Legion of Superheros and The Batman.

Given that DC have only just finish releasing the complete Teen Titans and LOSH in HD digitally and The Batman in it's original 16:9 (though still no HD version but I'm sure it'll come eventually) I'd think that eventually the WA will release those series on Blu-ray.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.