[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come hey nerfed/ruined him so much?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: tumblr_ohuw8m9Xcc1vvfgwko1_1280.jpg (196KB, 1186x1800px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ohuw8m9Xcc1vvfgwko1_1280.jpg
196KB, 1186x1800px
Seriously, Strange now acts like a 30 YO Manchild, looks and dresses like a hobo, and has the knowledge and power of a novice. What the fuck were they thinking? It's not even a synergy thing. Post-SW Strange is fucking unrecognizable.
>>
>>95238521
Reboot him
>>
>>95238617
But how?
>>
>>95238521
he's a straight white man
>>
>that fight during AvX where he loses to Magik
>it was even done offscreen
>all he had to do was wait for her to stop hiding in her special dimension
>writer even tries to lampshade his loss with "I can't believe he actually followed me" remark
>implying that even with home field advantage, Magik still should have gotten spanked
>>
got jason aaron'd
>>
I've been wondering that for a while. Even though you'd think Marvel would want him at his strongest after the movie, they keep taking things away from him: experience, aptitude, ability, power, and even his goddamn house.

I think that the current writers either can't figure out how to write a character who can magic his way out of anything, or they thought showing him at his lowest point would make for an interesting story.
>>
>>95239373

Magik literally defeated Dormammu, Strange is chum food compared to her.
>>
>>95239900
I know, right? The obvious answer is that they just can't write magic, but I also think it's a response to the "white man does magic better than anybody" blacklash. They've downgraded him so that he's always in need of help from Wanda, or Jericho, or Wong, etc, etc.
>>
That's what happens when you let a edgelord athiest write magic.

>Thor(Odinson)
>Strange

Curious to see who's on Jason Aarons hitlist to depower and turn into a bitch.

So glad Aaron is no longer on Doctor Strange. Imperikul was fucking retarded. The Storm of The Eye was his only good story.
>>
>>95239900
>>95240946
I think it has more to do with the type of magic character he's usually portrayed as. Much like Zatanna, he's got no real boundary as to what he can or cannot do with his magic which makes him difficult to write for in long-term serial storytelling. The power level he works on also becomes an issue, when the character can effortlessly negate all but the highest of threats it leads to a parade of overpowered villains, each more powerful than the last to maintain the stakes. When your nemesis controls an entire dimension and you defeat him regularly why the fuck aren't you solving every single other major happening? Classic powerlevel Strange could have solved several of the last couple of events off panel and it wouldn't have been an asspull.
>>
>>95238521
>acts like a 30 YO Manchild, looks and dresses like a hobo

I'm don't read marvel from the last few decades, but it sounds like they are just trying to catch up with the times
>>
>>95241343
Maybe make all the really powerful shit require preparation. Given Strange's power mostly comes from knowledge that would make sense.
Means he can PREP TIME big things, but he'd still be more reasonable when it comes to smaller threats.
>>
>>95241343
the old way they did this is to make him hesitant to use powerful magic because it always had an unintended effect

and alongside this, the idea that he uses clever choices to win, not just almighty power

in other words, write him like Doom
>>
>>95241508
Doom is a villain and does not have to sustain an on-going. Strange is a reactive hero, trying to write him as Doom just gets you preptime. And given the nature of enemies Strange is facing, preptime in this case more or less means plowing headlong into asspull territory.

It also doesn't help that Doom is a very often poorly written and inconsistent character whose status is buoyed by writers constantly using the Doombot excuse.
>>
I don't get the whole "OP" thing. DC had series about the fucking Spectre, Morpheus and Lucifer! And Marvel can't figure out how to write a Sorcer in a Goddamn Multiverse?!
>>
>>95238521
Current Marvel has no clue how to write OP characters. They weren't that good at it in general but now that they feel a constant need to promote their new OCs at the expense of the originals, they are nerfing everything again.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.