[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Broke Batman

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: dirtbike.jpg (162KB, 600x563px) Image search: [Google]
dirtbike.jpg
162KB, 600x563px
How come there has never been a storyline where Batman loses his company/fortune and has to learn to be a superhero on a budget?

This has happened to billionaire superheros like Green Arrow and Iron Fist but Batman seems immune to this kind of storyline.

Would you read a broke Batman event /co/?
>>
>>95237024
It's been done and it's pretty boring anyway.
>>
At that point he just becomes a PG Punisher
>>
>>95237024
because people get mad when someone does it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoG6WU9sbHw

yes i know it's a comedy sketch but people are very defensive about such things ("he has martial arts experience" that sort of thing)

also does batman beyond count? he lost control of his company so he doesn't exactly have it's vast fortunes under his thumb anymore.

could batman exist if bruce was poor? batman begins half-asses it because bruce was already college educated when he decided to go off the grid. talking about the waynes being poor (instead of a pearl necklace, thomas and martha gets killed over essentials like food), bruce couldn't possibly afford a training journey that would let him learn from various masters.
>>
>>95237090
Kurt Busiek's Batman mini is going to be about this, a la Supeeman Secret Identity.
>>
>>95237090
Red Son Batman wasn't rich
>>
>>95237090
It's not like Bruce had to pay for most of his "education". He just traveled around to all these martial arts masters hidden in the mountains.
>>
>>95237024
Do you really want a rehash of three or four different Iron Man stories? I think the real issue is that unlike Iron Man or Iron Fist, since the O'Neil run Wayne Enterprises has frequently taken a prominent place in the plots. Detaching Bruce from his company removes an impactful element of the background.
>>
>>95238047
i was thinking, the more exotic the master, the harder it would be for bruce to track him down without paying the right people (info, transport).
>>
>>95237024
>>95237024
There is. There's a Legends of The Dark Knight comic where later in Batman's career, Rhas Al Ghul sabotages Bruce Wayne's fortune, and he realizes how ridiculously dependant he'a become on tech and gadgets, and basically has to re-learn how to be the Batman he originally set out as.
>>
Wasn't this a significant side effect and plot point of the whole Bruce Wayne: Murderer story? I haven't read it since it was running so I could be totally off base.
>>
he prepared against economic downturns
>>
>>95237024
Bruce has lost control of his fortune several times in the past, and been stuck on a fixed income a few times. It just makes Batman boring. Even a dirt poor hobo Batman is still Batman, capable of taking a bit of shoe polish and wild dog and turning it into a antidote for Joker gas.

You want to get something decent, you got to go parallel worlds/universes where Batman just isn't the super OP man we all know.
>>
Another issue is that the Waynes are canonically old money. Like, nearly Rothschilds level of old money.

Going the basic route of "dude what if batman lost his money lmao" misses out on some cool shit that you can't really do with Green Arrow/Iron Man/others, whose money tends to be newer.
>>
>>95238457
No, its just a matter of training until you reached the level, where people actually want to give you a shot at dying as a apprentice.
>>
>>95237024
Pretty sure Bruce could do it, but that's not the type of hero he is. He's a Pulp Mystery Man.
>>
>>95237024
It's been done with Oliver Queen.
>>
>>95238930
>'t this a significant side effect and plot point of the whole Bruce Wayne: Murderer story?
Yes, he got accused of murder, and decided to completely ditch is Bruce Wayne persona and with all the access to his money.
>>
>>95238930
that was a great lil arc
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.