[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was the best/worst comic you read this week? This was a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: SM_Cv30_open_order_var.jpg (293KB, 781x1200px) Image search: [Google]
SM_Cv30_open_order_var.jpg
293KB, 781x1200px
What was the best/worst comic you read this week?

This was a neat little arc. It was fun seeing Sinestro and the Weaponers, and it had a great little Superman moment near the end when he had one of the Weaponers teleport him home.
>>
Plot was cool but can a ring just be removed like that by another person? I also thought Sinestro's voice was a little off.

Iron Fist was good.
>>
>>95219565
It was a fun little story.

My favorite was still Deathstroke. Deathsroke training his superhero team was interesting and Wally was actually funny.

Worst? Spider-Man. The cover and solicit doesn't even match what's happening in the book. I honestly think Bendis has given up caring on the book.
>>
War of Kings
>>
>>95219565
>best
Deathstroke or Requiem 11
>worst
Superman, funnily enough
>>
>>95219565
Best:
Deathstroke
Shade, the Changing Girl: It could be the last issue, and I would be okay with that.

Worst:
Hoax Hunters, an awful image series
>>
>>95220468
>Shade, the Changing Girl: It could be the last issue, and I would be okay with that.

Wait what? Nonononononono. That would bring my DC pull to 1.
>>
does marvel generations iron count? because that was fucking terrible, bendis deserves to be drawn and quartered for writing that abomination
>>
>>95220468
>>95220579
it's not the last issue, it's just going on hiatus to let Doom Patrol catch up so they can do their YA crossover, then it's coming back
>>
Didn't read anything bad. Deathstroke was better than Nightwing I guess.
>>
>>95220665
>tfw Doom Patrol is my other DC book

Everything's coming up Anon.

So it will be a 4 month hiatus? Damn.
>>
File: FoF #16.jpg (537KB, 1073x1650px) Image search: [Google]
FoF #16.jpg
537KB, 1073x1650px
>>95219565
I've been reading the old Fury of Firestorm series by Gerry Conway/Rodin Rodriguez and it's been an absolute blast to check out, easily made Firestorm into my favourite DC character. Out of all of them this issue in particular was fantastic.
>>
File: milkman.jpg (76KB, 704x1082px) Image search: [Google]
milkman.jpg
76KB, 704x1082px
>>95220721
Sorry about being alarmist. I should have worded that a bit better, but I meant that I felt it would be an okay spot to end if it was not actually going to come back from the hiatus. There's going to be a crossover thing in a few months, and because Doom Patrol was delayed so much, all the other books are on hiatus waiting for them. Shade was almost always on time, so it and Cave (which double shipped a few times because of delays), so they have to wait longer.

>his announcement is a case of good news/bad news for Young Animal fans. The bad news is that three of of the four ongoing series - Shade: The Changing Girl, Mother Panic and Cave Carson Has a Cybernetic Eye - will be going on hiatus between October 2017 and January 2018. The good news is that DC will be publishing a series of four Young Animal/DCU crossover specials beginning in January.
The first is DoomPatrol/JLA, and the others are unannounced. What title would you want the YA books to crossover with?
>>
>>95221498
Thanks for the info. I wouldn't want any crossovers with Shade, I just want more Shade. Though DP/JL may be interesting depending on the writer. Will it be Way?
>>
>>95221725
Way....and Orlando. JLA by Orlando has been terrible, so who knows how it will go.
>>
>>95219565

Superman was decent as a story - I'm a bit bored with the entire greatest DC remix of this - it felt more like what Jurgen's has been doing with his Rethreads Action Comics featuring all of Clark's greatest enemies like Lex Luthor! Mongul! Zod! Yawn.

There were parts that were interesting because I really haven't paid attention to the Lanterns solo books since before Darkest Days, Brightest Nights or whatever the Cereal Lord's fan fiction was called.

I don't read Batman but skimmed the Kiteman parts of it - still have no clue what's going on but I appreciate the concept and what it represents. I still don't care.

Probably Justice League was the BEST because it was so BALLS OUT cray-cray, tried something absurd but entertaining, even though I knew nothing would really be changed.

I'd agree with >>95220421 that Requiem look interesting but I'd want to read it from the start.

Worse was pretty much most everything Marble put out but probably this week's Generations, the three Inhuman's books, and Champions. Even the SM-DP issue was a bit of a let down and A-N GotG was just OK.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.