[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did this show break the 4th wall TOO often?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: chowder_180x180.png (24KB, 180x180px) Image search: [Google]
chowder_180x180.png
24KB, 180x180px
Did this show break the 4th wall TOO often?
>>
>>95202051
Did it?
>>
>>95202051
Did it?
>>
>>95202051
It was always funny so it never bothered me
>>
>>95202051
>>95202076
It was a lot less subtle with it than, say, Ed Edd n Eddy
>>
Probably, but the "car wash" gag was top tier
>>
>>95202098
>>95202076
Did it??
>>
>>95202076
DID IT
>>
Just to piss you off
https://youtu.be/OuK53N0z5Nc
>>
Yes.
>>
>>95202051
Yes, but that depended on the episode; one or two per 22-minutes was fine, any more and it depended on how close the jokes were together before they got grating.
>>
>>95202941
Visual gags are fine. "That was a wacky episode.... of our lives" gags less so.
>>
>>95202941
This is what they show you at Guantanamo Bay.
>>
>>95202051
It wasn't too bad until season 3 when you can tell the whole writing staff was phoning it in. Still got some chuckles but you could tell they were being lazy.

Greenblatt's an interesting guy in that sense, I suppose in Chowder's case taking the cancellation out on the writing of the final season wasn't as bad as going nuts online like he did with Harvey Beaks. I really do think that's why Nick is treating it extra poorly.
>>
'Remember that time when Chowder walked into a dark alley way with a big fat R tailing him from behind.

How did they get away with that?
>>
>>95204565
He's zany and wacky, which is very reflective in his work. His episodes of Spongebob are some of the best in the series because of the gag-per-minute ratio. However, I think Chowder was another case of too much freedom. The show eventually just lost all structure and became a non-cynical meta show. I like that the characters are somewhat aware that they're in a show, but it started getting to be too much. It's hard to be invested in characters who aren't invested in themselves or their world.

But, man, when that show fan on all 4 cylinders, it was the best thing ever. I wish it kept the heart it had in the pilot, though.
>>
>>95204594
>the r stands for robber!
That's my guess. Someone should ask Greenblatt. Maybe he'll answer.

Also, did he ever say what happened to Chowder's parents? I always wondered as a kid. At this point I assume that they gave him up for adoption, but it would still be satisfying to hear a definite word on it.
>>
>>95204594
Anyone have that picture?
>>
>>95204691
This one? I enjoyed the 4th wall breaking in this episode where Chowder scribbled onscreen and Gazpacho cleaned it up.
>>
>>95202051
I think they broke it just enough. That episode we're Schnitzel gets berated by Carl was fucking hysterical.
>>
>>95202108
did it?
>>
Would anyone care for a lollipop?
>>
>>95204664
Someone asked him where Chowder came from.
According to Greenblatt himself on his tumblr, and I might be paraphrasing this a bit...
>His parents did the nasty.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.