[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Real City vs Fiction

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_3184.jpg (105KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3184.jpg
105KB, 1024x576px
Which do you prefer for cape comics? Real cities like New York? Or their fictional counterparts like Gotham?
>>
>>95195874
I thought Gotham was supposed to be Jersey
>>
>>95195874

Gotham is arguably the setting in capeshit, and not to mention Metropolis which is also great.

Places like New York or Seattle are just boring in comparison.
>>
>>95196022

greatest setting*
>>
>>95195874
Fictional, all the way. It's just more fun to see every artist/writer's take on it.
>>
File: 1500054470334.jpg (274KB, 900x696px) Image search: [Google]
1500054470334.jpg
274KB, 900x696px
>>95195874
If they work to develop the atmosphere and mythology, fictional cities are the best. I like Gotham itself more than I like Batman.
>>
>>95195874
Fictional. It doesn't limit what the writers can/want to do. Also, by the time the writing staff gets done with a real city it will basically become a fictional version of itself anyway. So why bother? Just go fictional from the start.
>>
>>95195874
Fictional is always better
One reason is the ability to be a stand in for any city. Metropolis can be any one of Chicago, New York, or LA. Similarly Gotham can be any one of Chicago, New York, or LA
Second reason is the ability to avoid real life implications if something in the comics triggers anyone
Third reason is the deniability of real life events. I mean, can you imagine 9/11 happening in Metropolis
>>
File: Sherman.png (87KB, 205x203px) Image search: [Google]
Sherman.png
87KB, 205x203px
>>95196143
Gotham doesn't have a "mythology" that isn't Batman, and major cities that appear to have been designed by only one person are utterly fake looking.
>>
>>95195874
fictional gives the author more reign with the setting
>>
>>95195949
I thought it was Chicago
>>
>>95196243
>Third reason is the deniability of real life events. I mean, can you imagine 9/11 happening in Metropolis

New York exists in the DC Universe and 9/11 happened there.
>>
>>95195874
Fictional

And I prefer superheroes to work in different cities.
>>
>>95196331
Comic writers need to stop this kind of shit.
Events more jarring and awful than 9/11 happen in the Marvel and DC Universe on a weekly basis
>>
>>95196390
>Some giant starfish invaded Earth 50 years ago but 2 buildings taken down by airplanes are the worst tragedy ever known and we'll never be the same.
>>
>>95195949
Gotham isn't half the shithole Jersey is.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.