[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So Wonder Woman underperformed or overperformed?Is the first

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: Wonder-Woman-3[1].jpg (313KB, 1121x1661px) Image search: [Google]
Wonder-Woman-3[1].jpg
313KB, 1121x1661px
So Wonder Woman underperformed or overperformed?Is the first Wonder Woman movie ever so of course it would make some money but made more than all other DCEU/MCU origin movies so far.
>>
>>95191844
Wonder woman having her first film would mean she should have made less than most MCU and DCEU films, not more. WW overperformed on a massive scale
>>
File: Eternal anglo.jpg (1MB, 4240x2832px) Image search: [Google]
Eternal anglo.jpg
1MB, 4240x2832px
>>95191844
It's comercially and critically the best DC movie so far. What do you think?
I think it's for two reasons - first, Snyder wasn't there to ruin it, and second, it appeals to almost everyone by design. It even features Eternal Anglo as the main villain as a nod to /int/ crowd!
>>
File: Poor Don.webm (1MB, 1280x530px) Image search: [Google]
Poor Don.webm
1MB, 1280x530px
>>95191844
Over.

I honestly didn't expect it to get more than 600 million. All of Gadots previous starring films have flopped and the trailers looked like shit.

I was honestly impressed the movie was watchable more than anything.
>>
>>95191844
Overperformed domestically. Did entirely okay internationally given how WW isn't as big or popular IP on a global scale. Doing 800 million is good no matter how you try to spin it.
>>
>>95192816
It didn't make a billion and only had an embarrassing 92% RT score, therefore it's a flop.

t. /tv/
>>
>>95193055
>t. /tv/
Try any modern corporation. Companies in basically all industries, especially entertainment, have gone completely delusional. Making money just isn't good enough. The only thing that counts as a success is making ALL the money, ever, in the entire fucking world. It's ridiculous and pathetic, not to mention a rather unhealthy attitude to have in general.
>>
>>95191844
It performed as it should have. It's people overhyping the shit out of it that's dragging down opinion of it.
>>
>>95191844
super over performed but 4 chaners will never say this , 4 chan is marvel central
>>
>>95191844
Is this an actual WW poster? Because that clearly isn't a WW1 era tank.
>>
>>95191844
Overperformed like a motherfucker. We're talking about a movie that made more worldwide than any non team Marvel movie except Iron Man 3, and it even made more than that one and Civil War domestically, only surpassed by the Avengers films.
It'll probably end around 50/40 mil. behind BvS worldwide. That's a movie with fucking Superman and Batman together, and a Wonder Woman solo film is gonna be that close.
>>
>>95196169

nobody cares, nerd.
>>
>>95196320
>BvS making more than anything
Truly the wold has no taste
>>
>>95196320
Wonder Woman also helped prop up BvS, being the only remotely good part of that whole shitshow.
>>
Movie is ok, has not much diversity other than few niggas here and there and the team with the indian and the muslim, feminism is ok with the fat woman, the pretty woman "tribute" is fun too, don't like the guy that play Ares but other than that, the women-only pass give them lots of free adds and that is part of the success
>>
>>95197293
just the cg wonder woman parts, sure. not the gal gadot watches youtube parts.
>>
>>95195930
>It's people overhyping the shit out of it

No, it's MRA assholes being dipshit contrarians. People legit love this movie.
>>
>>95191844

In the aspect of expectations and origin films THIS >>95192243 but this is the biggest take-away: >>95192816; given that WW is globally known due to the comic books, being the female superhero IP that is best known worldwide absent and prior to the MCU for Black Widow, the movie did less than it could have in certain markets (e.g. Japan, Russia, China) that have propped up other origin movies (I'm like at you Spider-Teen - Manletman's Protege).
>>
>>95191844
Over preformed
>DC movie stigma
>Woman lead
>Period film
>ugly jew actress
>Marvel+Disney paid shills

It has all the shitty elements
but I think curiosity got the best of everyone since its her first movie
>>
Normies all love wonder woman they just hate the media she's typically in ie comic books and cartoons.

A wonder woman movie was always going to be huge because it's the only venue in which normies allow themselves to unironically enjoy superheroes.
>>
>>95191844
I'd say overperformed, considering everyone expected a hot mess that made no money back.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.