[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stretch Armstrong Gets a IDW Comic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

File: StretchFull.jpg (2MB, 800x1230px) Image search: [Google]
StretchFull.jpg
2MB, 800x1230px
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/idw-hasbro-partner-stretch-armstrong-comic-book-1036373

>After finding success with Transformers, G.I. Joe and My Little Pony, IDW Publishing is preparing to bring another Hasbro toy property to comic books — but this one might be a stretch. Is the world ready for the superhero adventures of Stretch Armstrong and the Flex Fighters?

>The new comic book series will be based on the Netflix animated series of the same name, with the show's executive producers and head writers Kevin Burke and Chris "Doc" Wyatt taking on writing duties. Art will come from Image Comics veteran Nikos Koutsis, whose work has appeared in Savage Dragon and Mighty Man. Set in the same continuity as the animated series, the comic stories will take place in between episodes of the show, and debut a new villain ahead of their appearance in the cartoon.

>"We're carefully designing the Stretch Armstrong comic book stories to work as 'standalones' for people who haven't seen the Netflix series yet, but to also reward viewers of the show with more depth on their favorite characters," Wyatt said in a statement from the publisher. "We're having a blast writing these issues."
>>
>Burke added that the animated series "is very much influenced by classic comics, so Stretch Armstrong and the Flex Fighters having their own monthly print adventures feels like a perfect fit."

>Originally launched by Kenner in 1976, Stretch Armstrong stayed in production until 1980, before a revival in 1993 from Cap Toys, complete with new canine companion Fetch Armstrong, as well as evil brother Wretch Armstrong. (No, really.) Hasbro, which purchased Kenner in the early 1990s after buying its parent company Tonka, announced plans to relaunch the character at New York Toy Fair in 2016.

>The Stretch Armstrong and the Flex Fighters series reimagines the character as a teenage superhero who fights for justice in the fictional Charter City alongside teenage friends Omni-Mass and Wingspan, after all three are exposed to experimental chemicals.
>>
Is this really a surprise?
IDW are the biggest whores for licenses
They had a KISS comic and a comic based on that shitty animated Oz movie
>>
>>95189152
>all male cast
could you just..... not?????
>>
File: Stretchy Girl 1.jpg (367KB, 1023x731px) Image search: [Google]
Stretchy Girl 1.jpg
367KB, 1023x731px
Stretchy heroes thread?
>>
File: Stretchy Girl 2.jpg (358KB, 1023x731px) Image search: [Google]
Stretchy Girl 2.jpg
358KB, 1023x731px
>>
File: Stretchy Girl 3.jpg (336KB, 1023x731px) Image search: [Google]
Stretchy Girl 3.jpg
336KB, 1023x731px
>>
>>95191473

Difference here is that its probably another mandate from Hasbro, just like ML--uh, the neon horse comic.

I give it four issues.
>>
>>95191497
No worries, they have Felicia Day to attract the Tumblr and Reddit audiences.
>>
>>95191533
>>95191551
>>95191569
I love characters who have this kind of power, must be so much fun to draw.
>>
>>95191685
I just hope the animation in this show is good. Stretching can lead to some dope action sequences if they do it just right.
>>
>>95189152
>>95191834

Will the bird guy also stretch? Like does he stretch out his wings or something? I could totally see the other two being similar to Plastic man, Mr Fantastic and Luffy when it comes to fighting styles. Would be fun to see
>>
https://youtube.com/watch?v=eqKzyr3o5Y8

The theme song sounds 80's as fuck.
>>
>>95191834
I heard it's done by the same people who did Spectacular Spider-Man and Mystery Incorporated
>>
>>95192649
Yeah, Vic Cook is involved in it.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/09/01/stretch-armstrong-and-the-flex-fighters-how-netflix-is-re-imagining-an-iconic-hero

Kevin Altieri and Frank Paur are also involved.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.