[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Too old for cartoons?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: 1489524300283.jpg (149KB, 1200x725px) Image search: [Google]
1489524300283.jpg
149KB, 1200x725px
Would you consider there is a point past a certain age where you have to put cartoons away and raise your standards for entertainment?

Do you believe it is fine to have a clear interest for the medium even if you don't fall into the assumed target audience?

I apologize if the questions come off with a contemptuous nature. I'm asking because I feel somewhat insecure about revealing my interest for animation to others.
>>
12 is a pretty good age to stop watching cartoons.
>>
>>95185838
Life is too short and there is no point system for taste once you're finished; enjoy whatever you want.
>>
As long as you're not a sperglord about it you can enjoy any media you like at any age.
>>
I lost interest in cartoons not because of my age, but because I have too much other shit to do as an adult with a job. If I want to spend half an hour on an unproductive activity it'd better be really fucking entertaining. Same goes for videogames, if it's not an amazingly fun or groundbreaking experience I shouldn't spend valuable time and money on it.
>>
>>95185838
>Would you consider there is a point past a certain age where you have to put cartoons away and raise your standards for entertainment?

No. The thought that you have to set childish things aside is in of itself a childish notion. Enjoy what makes you happy.
>>
>>95185893
>I lost interest in cartoons because I'm an adult with a job

and here you are, on 4chan. the fuck kind of job do you have where you can't watch 11-20 minutes of an episode?
>>
>>95185838
no matter how insecure you are about your hobbies you should take solace in thought that you won't be as degenerate to unironically ship Anne Frank with Charles II of Spain and create 1000+ word fanfics with corresponding art to go with it.
>>
>>95185838
No. Stop being a faggot and stop being embarassed about liking what you do.
>>
>>95185904
Time management is a skill many people don't posses.
>>
>>95185838
Fuck no. Cartoons are hilarious, fun and can also be very introspective. Taking into account that most " adult" entertainment is pretty much cartoon versions of adult topics. Sure we would all benefit from watching a ken burns documentary now and then, but for lighthearted fun cartoons are by no means an inferior medium. And they don't try to cram sex, violence, addiction or degeneracy to maintain the delusion of maturity.
>>
As long as watching cartoons doesnt exclude you from enjoying other forms of art.
>>
>>95185904
Because I'd rather discuss shit on 4chan and read storytimes in that time frame, instead of shelling out a fortune for comics and watching my old childhood cartoons get rebooted into a pile of shit.

Sorry for actually liking this place, man.
>>
>>95185838
To be honest? Around 12-13. I just come here to shitpost.
>>
>>95185859
>Life is too short and there is no point system for taste once you're finished

You don't know that- You might go to hell for watching atheisti shows like Rick & Morty
>>
>>95186038
In your own words you say you don't spend valuable time or money on anything that isn't ground breaking or amazingly fun. So my question to you is what fucking thread are you on that is any of these things, because please point me in the direction I'd like to entertained on this level.
>>
Im in the same boat about feeling a little bad about it. But I also recently realized cartoon shows are all I have time for. They're usually 10 minutes an episode instead of an hour like most shows, and while there might be some continuity I can almost always get away with just watching a funny episode and that's it. I dont have to invest myself in some ten hour long season.

Always really loved the medium itself even though I cant draw for shit. So there's that.

I think the most important thing regarding how you feel about it should not be the act of watching cartoons, but how you are doing in the rest of your life. If you have your shit at least moderately together and can say that you're a functioning adult, go ahead and watch some cartoons. If you've got other shit in your life you feel bad about, you're gonna be aware that watching cartoons instead of dealing with shit makes you feel like a child. If you weren't stressed about other shit, liking cartoons probably wouldn't seem like much of a problem.

A certain amount of self moderation is also important, but this really applies to all entertainment.

Browsing 4chan is a far worse pasttime, and one you really should feel worse about than watching cartoons.
I knownI do.
>>
File: zn9CJcJ.jpg (640KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
zn9CJcJ.jpg
640KB, 1920x1080px
>>95185838
I dug this up for you, OP. There are people that will disagree with it, but I think the guy has a solid point.

On top of that, I've always found it amusing when people say cartoons are for kids and only kids. Who makes cartoons? Who voices them? Who scripts them and directs them? Who heads the studios that produce them? 8 year olds? There are tons of studio staff, let alone individual animators, that make these cartoons, and they're adults.

To say that cartoons are only for kids is a ridiculous statement at best.
>>
File: Stinkmeaner in Hell.jpg (13KB, 180x203px) Image search: [Google]
Stinkmeaner in Hell.jpg
13KB, 180x203px
>>95186085
Not a problem.
>>
>>95185838

You must be young, my boy. Once you approach thirty, you rapidly realize that there is no point in caring about that. You also find that people are too busy with their own problems to care about little shit like that. If my 63 year old father suddenly said to me "Boy, I just started watching that pony series everyone at the table tennis club is talking about and it's fantastic!" I'd be a little weirded out, but ultimately I wouldn't care. To everyone his own as long as it doesn't hurt anyone. Of course, there are always people who will give you shit but then you have the choice about not caring about their opinions.
>>
>>95186126
>"Boy, I just started watching that pony series everyone at the table tennis club is talking about and it's fantastic!"
>"I just wish that Lee asshole would stop giving me so much shit about it on bingo night"
>>
>>95186089
You'd just shit up the thread, no thanks. You're not getting into MY secret cool clubhouse.
>>
>>95185838
desu I think I'm more into cartoons now than I was back then. Is that bad?
>>
>>95186246
Me too desu. Dropped cartoons and comics once I started middle school cause "I'm a teenager now and teenagers don't watch kid shit and it's time to grow up."
Lost that mindset by the 11th grade when I got reminded of how good I was at drawing back in grade school, making cute little comics and donut steels in 4th grade, and I haven't drawn in about 4 years.
>>
>>95185838
In order: No. Yes. Stop being a softcock ya softcunt.
>>
>>95185838
3 years

after that you should start focusing on doing heroin and prostitution
>>
>>95185858
>12
At that point you should already be married and have children
you worthless permavirgin
>>
>>95185838
I could say I've mostly aged out of the "cartoon phase" in that a lot fewer cartoons appeal to me than when I was a child and many of the ones I remember liking from childhood don't hold up, but on the other hand there are also children's cartoons out there that are really entertaining and that I enjoy as much as any other television shows and not watching them out of a belief that I'm too old would just be silly. And of course there's nothing wrong with being into animation as such from a technical or artistic perspective.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.