[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dr. Doom

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: Dr. Doom.gif (103KB, 540x355px) Image search: [Google]
Dr. Doom.gif
103KB, 540x355px
As non comic book reader playing through Marvel Ultimate Alliance, Iceman just said "Doom has no real super powers." I was under the impression magic was considered a power or Dr. Strange would be a worthless little bitch.

Anyway my question is, was Dr. Doom written to have magic from the his debut, or did that come along over time, and what year was it that it started?
>>
>>95175534
>Iceman
Well.

Icemans an idiot.
>>
>>95175534
Iceman is a faggot. Nothing he says should be taken seriously.
>>
>>95175534
ignore anything any mutant says they're always wrong
>>
>>95175534
It's not really a superpower, since it's not really something he has. It's just something he utilizes.
>>
>>95175590
Magic can't just be used by anyone in the MU though. They need to have an aptitude for it.
>>
File: tumblr_mo7870oek71rxyld0o1_1280.jpg (152KB, 691x1023px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mo7870oek71rxyld0o1_1280.jpg
152KB, 691x1023px
>>95175534
He has one of the highest intellects in the marvel universe which is basically the best superpower you can have
>>
Also the game came out in 2006 if that means anything. As far as I can tell it just followed the mainline marvel universe at that time, but like I said, I'm not a big comic book guy.
>>
>>95175778
It was a solid game from what i remember especially if you played with friends but the sequel was a real let down
>>
>>95175534
Magic is something that can be learned, so from that point of view Doom indeed has no extra human powers, he is just really fucking smart and skilled.
>>
>>95175627
Well, that's the same with martial arts or firearms or pretty much any skill that superheroes and supervillains use.
>>
File: Juggernaut calling kids fat.jpg (150KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Juggernaut calling kids fat.jpg
150KB, 1920x1080px
>>95176111

I played the sequel first actually and really enjoyed it. Mainly cause of all the unique dialogue you get from who you play as like juggernaut, but also because of the sheer distruction you feel like your causing from the improved physics. There's less characters and costumes, but the game itself the way it plays with the powers is decent improvement though for the most part.
>>
>>95175534
Actually, that's a good question.
The early stories don't show Doom mastering magic. I'm not exactly sure when Doom began using magic, but before his encounter with Strange he was mostly just tech.
>>
>>95176622

I searched wikipedia before making the thread and the only thing that has a date is this picture. He used his sorcery to steal silver surfers powers in a comic in 1966.
>>
>was Dr. Doom written to have magic from the his debut
Guess not, he was a intellectual foil to Mr. Fantastic.
>>
>>95176733
I thought he siphoned Surfer's powers with tech? Been a while since I read it though.
>>
>>95176752

Maybe you're right actually. It's hard to make out the text in that picture, and looking back it actually says "Doctor Doom has also used his scientific talents to steal or replicate the power of other beings such as the Silver Surfer"

The picture just happens to be right next to another line about Dr. Strange saying Doom could be a worthy Sorcerer Supreme
>>
>>95176733
That wasn't through magic.
>>
>>95175534
Since the beginning its been canon that Doom studied mysticism while he was recovering from his injuries, however he didn't and still doesn't put that learning to much use. It's not much of a superpower when most people can learn it with enough practice and time. It's a skill.
>>
>>95175534
Even if he did have them I don't recall him using it during his early appearances. He used machines to manipulate the F4 a few times when magic would have been much better/easier.
>>
Doom is a lawful evil Batman (so the power of prep-time). His stats are Will power> Intellect>...tech>sorcery>money. His intellectual application is strategic and all his skills and possessions are means to an end. Doom has a problem? he has a tool for that. Compare that to Reed Richards "i have a problem? I'll make a tool for that"
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.