[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Remember when Bendis was a good writer?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: USM the good years.jpg (448KB, 1280x1137px) Image search: [Google]
USM the good years.jpg
448KB, 1280x1137px
Remember when Bendis was a good writer?
>>
No, ultimate goblin was stupid.
>>
Good?
>>
>>95172595
Can we not?
>>
>>95172622
Can we not what?
>>
>>95172541
Avengers: Dissassembled.
>>
>>95172541
Anyone that says his Daredevil run or the first 50 issues of USM is bad is a goddamn liar.

I really don't understand what happened to him. Sure he always made every character speak the same, but the plotting and structure was really strong in those titles. Meanwhile, you look at that Iron man Legacy issue and its like a fucking Bendis' parody.
>>
>>95172642
Uh... can we not?
>>
>>95172720
Honestly i think he just got lazy. Jessica Jones was also good and I'd argue his USM was really good all the way up to Pete's death. Or not death. I don't know what happened there.
>>
File: BACK TO FORMULA.jpg (583KB, 597x1000px) Image search: [Google]
BACK TO FORMULA.jpg
583KB, 597x1000px
>>95172560
I don't know, Norman seemed to have a singular goal. I'm not a fan of literally turning into a Goblin, but it made sense in this universe.

Meanwhile if you look at 616 Norman, he went from wanting to be a crime boss to dedicating himself to ruining Peter's life behind the scenes to having some mystical cult to becoming evil Nick Fury to becoming a Super Adaptoid to turning the Goblin into an international criminal empire idea to literally taking over a country like Dr. Doom-lite.

Like, what the fuck does Norman even want these days?
>>
>>95172560
Ultimate Goblin was shit, but Ultimate Norman was fine.
>>
>>95172790
Norman should not have been resurrected in the first place. All he's done is pointlessly flop around since he was brought back.
>>
>>95172720
He is too busy masturbating to the idea of his teenager kid, to be bothered with nonsense like structure, or plot, or quality.
>>
USM is the most boring iteration of Spider-Man ever
>>
>>95172875
So Marvel's Jason Todd
>>
>>95172920
Nah, that's Bucky. This is more like if they brought back Zoom after Barry- Oh.
>>
>>95172895
You're the most boring person on the board
>>
>>95172560
He was a cool guy. I would've appreciated more of the insights we get into how his view of the world works. With the ghosts and everything melting. As it goes on, we just get Norman sat in a cell internally monologuing how much of a God he is. It's a bit dull.

Mad props for killing his own Son and Doc Ock though.
>>
He ruins characters the people likes to make the ones created by him look good, and his characters fucking suck.
>>
>>95173045
>We wuz Kong'n'shit
>>
>>95172720
Of course the plotting was stronger in early USM. All Bendis had to do was climb the backs of the giants who came before him.

The plots were just subversions of shit that already happened. Everything Bendis came up with himself never got a good resolution.

The side effects of MJ exposure to OZ was never fully explained, Scorpion rotted in SHIELD custody, Venom is sitting on Doom's shelf, and the Fly twins faded into the night.

Without a template, Bendis can't properly end a story to save his life.
>>
>>95172560
ultimate spider man 26 - I think - called Plasmids, was really good. It was a concept book but it had layers of storytelling and not a single line of dialogue.

STILL today he's shit.
>>
>>95172728
but he was good
>>
>>95172541
>>95172541
he was never a good writer

mediocre at best

then he went full retard and made bobby drake gay

>bald faggot
>>
>>95173353
>The side effects of MJ exposure to OZ was never fully explained, Scorpion rotted in SHIELD custody, Venom is sitting on Doom's shelf, and the Fly twins faded into the night.
Wow. WHen you put it all out there it's kinda depressing
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.