[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who wins?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 512
Thread images: 48

File: BvL01.jpg (236KB, 1240x1344px) Image search: [Google]
BvL01.jpg
236KB, 1240x1344px
>>
If a masked spic on drugs could find out
I'm sure a Nip student could do it
>>
To kill The Batman, Light would need to know his full name and see his full face. Normally, Batman would not have a problem here - but we are talking about Light Yagami, who is playing 4th dimensional chess in a world where everyone else is playing that giant checkers game at the Cracker Barrel. Batman might be able to deduce Light's identity faster than L, but Light would be able to deduce Batman's identity just as fast.

And he would kill Bruce Wayne during a public press event just to rub it in.
>>
>>95159693
Batman stomps. Not even close. Very few versions lose.
>>
>>95159981

The only way he wins is if he learns about Kira before Kira learns about The Batman.
>>
>>95159693
Light basically cheats, and so does L so the story stays competetive even if it is boring. Knowing Deathnote, he's probably find out who Batman was through dental records and visual memory from a time they met once that only happened because the writers wanted Light to win. That's how his whole show goes.
>>
>man with no actual detective skills who is very obviously Bruce Wayne vs genius that can kill with just a name and really had to think his way around several other very smart people
Batgod wins obviously.
>>
>>95159693
One of Light's mooks would act on his own and fuck up the keikaku so Batman would win.
>>
>>95159944
Well... now you are dealing with Superman, cunt.
>>
You need to write their real name, right?

Does he consider himself "Bruce Wayne" or "Batman"?
>How'd you know he was fake?
>He kept calling me Bruce.
>Yeah? So?
>Thats not what I call myself.
>What do you call yourself then?
>>
>>95159944
>Light would be able to deduce Batman's identity just as fast
Not really. It's not actually that easy to know Batman's secret identity unless you're awfully close to him, and 'getting close' to batman is an insta-lose to Kira.
>>
>>95160077
Like Thrawn?
>>
>>95160088
Only birth name works iirc
>>
>>95159693
Bats. Light isn't much of detective. He would leave a literal trail to his house.
>>
>>95160120

Then what are the odds Light ever figures out Bruce Wayne is Batman?
>>
>>95160016
Bruce would deduce Light's identity in a day, maybe less.
>>
>>95159981
>>95159944
Has batman ever even been shown making impressive logical deductions in his entire character history?
>>
>>95160018

They wouldn't even need to go that far.

The Batman operates out of Gotham City, which narrows the suspect pool down to residents of Gotham. He has a multitude of weapons at his disposal, which makes him someone with some form of military contacts. Being able to afford his weapons and body armor would make him a wealthy individual, too. On those three pieces of information alone, the suspect pool for The Batman would drop to a single-digit amount. All Light would have to do is figure out which amongst those suspects is The Batman - or just kill them all with the Death Note and be done with it.

>>95160088

L calls himself "L", but Rem still had to write his birth name in her Death Note to kill him. "Bruce Wayne" would be the correct answer.
>>
Is Rem still alive to trick into killing his foe for him? He can't just use Ryuk as Ryuk refuses to do anything other then small favours like camera checks or writing fake rules.
>>
>>95160140
No, not really. We haven't seen him doing much detective work either.

The button did a bit of this, but in the end it was a huge cosmic thing.
>>
>>95159981
batman then throws light into arkham, light eventually escapes. Rinse and repeat until light finally out who batman is and kills him. before this happens though light will have already killed everyone batman has ever cared for
>>
>>95160133
>>95160110
>there's no way Bruce Eayne could be Batman
>he's only the guy who openly funds batman's equipment and who's adopted son dies whenever a Robin disappears
>>
File: nat-wolff-light-death-note.png (442KB, 717x535px) Image search: [Google]
nat-wolff-light-death-note.png
442KB, 717x535px
Here's the real question: Would Light Turner be able to determine that Bruce Wayne is Batman?
>>
>>95160140
He does make some good deductions in some Joker/Riddler stories, but he is more of a planner/investigator. Nothing gets past him when he is investigating, and when he is planning everything goes according to keikaku.

If Light ever tried something against the Bat-family, batman would most likely be able to find a lead and investigate him.
>>
>>95160139
Lol how?
>>
>>95159693
Light doesn't know his secret identity.
Batman when he'd be pretty sure Light could be Kira, he wouldn't play mindgames with him - he would just rifle through his personal belongings to find the Death Note.

It's lack of a hands-on approach to detective work that killed L in the end, flaw Batman doesn't have.
>>
>>95160199

LOLno.
>>
>>95160228
But Batman isn't really very smart.
>>
>>95160199

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCspsmD84jE
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwdebuLRjsM
>>
>>95160143
bane deduced Bruce wayne that way

but riddler thinks that batman uses money stolen from criminals to find himself, so it seems as if people vary very wildly about who they think batman is
>>
>>95160228
>Light doesn't know his secret identity.
It took Bane less than a year to figure it out. Light would have little issue.
>>
>>95159693
What would happen if you wrote an immortal's name on the Death Note?
Would it just say something like
>Nah nigga I ain't touching that
>>
>>95160228

>It's lack of a hands-on approach to detective work that killed L in the end

L KILLED A MAN TO MAKE KIRA REVEAL HIMSELF.
>>
>>95160221
Light is nowhere near as secretive as he thinks he is and he leaves a trail of breadcrumbs in everything he did. Near deduced Lights identity fairly easily with regular police resources. Bruce is the world's greatest detective and has millions of dollars of equipment, not to mention excellent observation skills
>>
Light would kill the joker though and batmans whole villain roster and he'd just lose the will to live
>>
>>95159693
Light could just kill everyone in Gotham until he eventually reaches Bruce Wayne
There'd be no method of tracing it back to him
>>
>>95160270

Shimigami are immune to it so I'm assuming they can't touch anyone with a magic resistance.

>>95160282

Don't forget that bats is aware of the supernatural and can all in people who can deal with it. If L was aware of the death note/shimigami early on like Near was, he'd win easily.
>>
>>95159693

Batman back traces the original killings to right prefecture. He doesn't have the clout to do the "use interpol in questionable ways" to further it down further. At this point his investigation goes cold so he calls in a favor, probably Zatanna, from a league member to use magic.

At no point does he start a stupid cat and mouse game with someone who can use magic and thus doesn't give Kira the fear he is being hunted down. Kira eventually goes to jail but he retains semi cult status, but first there is a neat bit with him attempting to kill the Joker and Batman having to abandon stalking Light to deal with Lord Deathman.
>>
>>95160228
if batman can work out kira is light then light can work out that batman is bruce wayne
>>
Would Spectre be able to stop him or would his jobbing power kick in?
>>
>>95160143
L was L's real name.
>>
>>95160342

It was not his full name, though. Rem needed to write his full name in the Note to kill L.
>>
>>95160316

Well, shinigami made the thing.

The show just never has a chance to explore what would happen to other supernatural creatures/immortals/magic stuff. Because they don't exist.
>>
>>95160271
>L KILLED A MAN
*Criminal
>>
>>95160297
not even the joker knows his real name, the rest of the rogues gallery is fucked tho
>>
>>95160383

Misa or Mikami could get his real name,
>>
>>95160199
Yes but only by accident.
>>
>>95160340
He would say people deserved it and leave him alone.
>>
>>95160382

Distinction without a difference. L still set that nigga up to die.
>>
>>95160393
Fucking how?
>>
>>95160050
>>95160140
Isn't Batman canonically The World's Greatest Detective? He also has a billion dollar company backing him up.

I'm no Batfan, but Batman takes it. Kira only wins in his show because the writers go out of their way to make him win.
>>
>>95160426

The eyes.
>>
>>95160434

Like third, behind detective chimp and elongated man. That and Tim is meant to be on the path to exceeded him as a detective since all the bat kids are meant to surpass Bruce in one area.
>>
>>95160140
Depends on the writer and most of them don't bother with the effort of creating logical deduction for Batman to discover. TAS did a pretty decent job with it though.
>>
>>95160411
He was going to be executed. L offered him a more noble way to die and he accepted.
>>
>>95160434
>Isn't Batman canonically The World's Greatest Detective?
This just in! Comics ride Batman's dick SUPER hard. More at 11,

Comics can say what they like but Batman but has demonstrated just about zero Sherlock Holmes tier skills ever. So fuck that.
>>
File: tumblr_m22n1589YB1qgz9lh.jpg (12KB, 314x412px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m22n1589YB1qgz9lh.jpg
12KB, 314x412px
"I-impossible! How are you still alive?"

"You wrote 'Bruce Wayne'."

"...So what?!"

"That is not my name."
>>
>>95160526
Birth name is the only one the Death Note cares about.
>>
What would happen if you used the Death Note against somebody like Resurrection Man? Would he die for good, or would there just be another resurrection?

And what about an immortal being? Could the Death Note kill Swamp Thing, who can survive so long as there are plants in this universe?

Could the Death Note kill the intangible concept of the Anti-Life Equation? What would happen if you wrote the Anti-Life Equation in the Death Note while submitting your will to Darkseid?
>>
>>95159693
>writes down Bruce Wayne during televised conference
>nothing happens
>there is only The Batman
>bruce wayne died with his parents
>light can only deduce that this is an imposter
>can never find evidence to support this theory
>its only a matter of time before Batman makes a profile that matches light
>it never occurs to light to write Batman in the deathnote
>batman finds and takes in light and locks aways the deathnote
>jason finds it one day
>justice forever with the Joker being raped to death as it's dawn
>>
>>95160559

It can only kill humans so that knocks out two and 3.
>>
>>95160407
>he would posses him and join forces

There, now it's accurate.
>>
>>95160199
Was the movie any good? All the negative reviews seem to be based on whitewashing.
>>
>>95160525
That can be blamed on shitty writers and Batman has had the title of "World's Greatest Detective" since his creation. Man debuted in DETECTIVE COMICS for fucks sake, it's not batwank
>>
>>95160544
And the friggin' Lasso of Truth says that day in the alley, Batman was born.
>>
>>95159693
Would Light kill Bruce Wayne?
>>
>>95160588
wew no, it was trash, black L was cool tho
>>
>>95160562
>justice forever with the Joker being raped to death with a crowbar as it's dawn

FTFY
>>
>>95160588

It kept me awake and Dafoe was fun as expected but it gets really really fucking stupid.

Watari ended up being Watari's real name as an example
>>
>>95160588

As a Death Note film? Nope.

As a normal film? NOPE.
>>
>>95160605
Different rules.
>>
>>95160588
>Upset over whitewashing

>ignore the fact that L was played by a black actor
>>
>>95160658

He at least tried to copy L's autism before Watari died.
>>
File: IMG_1820.jpg (98KB, 500x1013px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1820.jpg
98KB, 500x1013px
>>
>>95160588

It was retarded by every conceivable measure.
>>
>>95160675
I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy
>>
How was Black L in the film, anyway? Wa it funny at least?
>>
>>95160598
Show don't tell.
>>
>>95160705

He tried to copy his autism but they fucked up the Lind. L Tailor scene horribly leading to a plothole. That and he goes dindu in the second half.
>>
>>95159693
Depends if Light has any deathnote wielding allies.

Hell, he only managed to get the upperhand on L because he had Misa's deathnote and shinigami to work with
>>
>>95160617
I'm ok with this
>>
>4chan triangulated the location of several flags with nothing but a sky shot, discovered the identity of a masked bike lock attacker seeing only blurry images of the upper half of his face and got rebel training camps bombed to craters by locating them through radio towers on google maps

The internet makes both their identities public knowledge in like 2 weeks tops
>>
How would this actually work out? Why would batman be on a hunt for kira just as L? I mean, both actively hunt for criminals and follow sort of the same philosophy.
>>
>>95160767
>and follow sort of the same philosophy.
Nigga what?
>>
>>95160767

You think the most psycotic anti-death hero on the planet wouldn't hunt Light?
>>
>>95160767
Well Batman wouldn't be working with officials.

That would be one disadvantage for Light. With L, Light just had to use his police connections to get inside the investigation into himself.

With Batman, he has no way to get close to Batman since he's a vigilante.
>>
>>95160767
Light is a meaglomaniac who tries to hide it behind his vigilantism, nothing at all like Batman
>>
>>95160705
He has a chase scene with Light and pulls a gun on him

He's just a generic action movie cop who sits weird and eats skittles
>>
File: image.png (334KB, 512x556px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
334KB, 512x556px
Bats leaves clues about his identity for Light. He kills him.Bats friends resurrect him with the Lazarus Pit, Bruce wins. Light is in Arkham and the Death note locked on the Phantom zone forever.
>>
>>95160761

>and got rebel training camps bombed to craters by locating them through radio towers on google maps

Woah wait what, I heard about the first two but not this one.
>>
>>95160802
Light would have no reason to get close to Batman though. L had zero information about himself available so he had to get inside whereas both of Batman's identities are insanely public.
>>
Would the Deathnote count Batman's name as Batman, or Bruce Wayne. seeing as he considers his 'real name' and 'real identity' to be Batman?
>>
>>95160870
But the two personas are completely separate as far as the public is concerned. Nobody knows that Batman is Bruce Wayne.
>>
>>95160871
This has been answered several times.
>>
>>95160829
https://imgur.com/gallery/5P1N1GI

tldr Syrian rebels waving their dicks around post videos on youtube, 4chins uses weaponized autism to locate and report them
>>
>>95160903
Birth name only, no loony bs
>>
>>95160870

It also works in reverse though. L needed to present himself to Light as bait to catch him slipping and to see how he does it, while batman literally has access to spy equipment and ninja bullshit, on top of coming from a universe where magic already exists.
>>
>>95160903
What the public thinks does matter. The public is very very stupid due to plot armor.
>>
>>95160140
Silver Age Batman had some really good cases of this. But the writers are hacks now who aren't smart enough to come up with detective stuff.
>>
>>95160932
...I never said anything otherwise?
>>
>>95160903

frankly that's just plot armor, it is ridiculously easy to figure out
>>
>>95160088
>>95160143
Better loophole would be "Light got so triggered by Batman that he is unable to picture Bruce Wayne's face in his mind and can only see Batman."
>>
>>95159944
>where everyone else is playing that giant checkers game at the Cracker Barrel
kek
>>
>>95160979

Yeah, people say that but it's pretty bullshit.
>>
>Light writes "Bruce Wayne" in the DeathNote
>it doesn't work because his real name is "Batman"
>>
>>95160562
That's not how it works, otherwise he could've just written down "L" and ended the series at episode 2.
>>
>>95160675
L is a crazy emotional faggot that concerns himself over detective cases which interest him. He got into a fistfight with Light over an argument, and lost his shit at a secondhand implication that Shinigami were real. L's always been an autistic freak, the movie just pushed that to the forefront for tension. The movie was fun in its stupidity and greatly directed otherwise.
>>
>>95160588
L was OK and Willem Defoe was fanrastic.

That's about it.
>>
>>95160189
How is he going to kill anyone after Constantine confiscates the Death Note?
>>
File: 1504119486635.png (219KB, 328x355px) Image search: [Google]
1504119486635.png
219KB, 328x355px
>>95160912

Hot damn, autism is a weapon of mass destruction.
>>
>>95160140
When cameoing in other heroes' titles or in team books he knows literally everything because he's Batman. In his own book you're told he's brilliant, but you're shown he's mind-numbingly obtuse.
>>
>>95161077
Bruce Wayne lives a very carefree life that anyone can track up until a certain point of time so light could have set up a profile of the lie.
>>
>>95161113
>Light prepares to write a few names in the Death Note
>Constantine pops in and is like "Give me that."
>Light tries to fight back
>John's like "Sod off" and vanishes

Hmm.
>>
>>95160199
I mean, he got killed by L so probably not
>>
>>95161260
Shh, that's not confirmed until the sequel that's never going to happen. Y'know, like the Misfits in "Jem and the Holograms 2".
>>
>>95161025

it is not

>we know Batman's a Gotham billionaire - or, at least, is funded by one
>Batman first showed up shortly after Bruce Wayne returned to Gotham
>Bruce Wayne keeps getting hurt doing, uh, sports
>Bruce Wayne has a tragic past

but the Robins are the real killer. Bruce Wayne adopts four kids who just happen to match every single Robin in height and hairstyle.
>>
>>95160588
It was fun, but not smart. It's a good popcorn flick, but it pales in comparison to the anime.
>>
>They realize that by erasing the names, it brings the person back to life, albeit horribly mutilated.
>Bats takes the Death Note and lets him off with a warning not to meddle in God's Domain.
>>
>>95160181
Rem died after she killed L.
>>
>>95161365
Well, I enjoyed You're Next and The Guest, so I guess I'll check it out
>>
>>95160588

The movie was clearly meant to be a comedy (the credits pretty much give it away that the whole thing was a joke) - so it was actually an entertaining movie.

I mean aside from the credits: Light literally loses his marbles in the beginning of the movie, they play "I just died in your arms tonight" when we think a character is going to die, they pull "turns out he was actually smart all along" at the end of the movie when they showed before that Light was pretty much a dumb teenager, Light says "There are so many fucking rules." and they had tons of "fitting" music.

So basically American Death Note was hilarious. I am sad they didn't have "Then I take potato-chip.....and eat it!"
>>
>>95161451

Oh also Ryuk was cool to look at and great whenever he showed up.
>>
>>95159693
Death note is the rick and morty of anime.
>>
>>95161451
>the credits pretty much give it away that the whole thing was a joke

???
>>
>>95160181

Rem is a woman.

>>95160248

FUCKING THANK YOU!
I swear they did that on purpose.
>>
>>95161539
The credits is filled with the actors goofing around on set. Not the sort of ending you give a serious horror flick.
>>
>>95161539

Light has a an incredulous look on his face in the last scene and immediately the credits pop up filled with bloopers, the actors laughing and some behind-the-scenes stuff. The type of stuff you wouldn't see for a film meant to be taken seriously; at least not immediately after the last scene.
>>
>>95161406

I'm aware but that was at the end of the L saga. OP didn't say when the fight took place.
>>
>>95160133
Fuck off boco
>>
>>95161610
I apologize for misinterpreting your question then, friend.

Light would have to corner her again, and I don't know if he could make it so Bats would go after Misa like what happened in the manga.
>>
>>95160111

More subtle.

Light was taken down because his subordinate second Kira got anxious and decided to write names he hadn't been told to write. Since he was keeping the notebook in a safe deposit box, he went to the bank on a day he normally wouldn't have in order to do it, which tipped off the agents who were watching him that just about everything they'd seen until now was a decoy to get them focused on a fake notebook.

Although one does wonder how Thrawn vs. Batman would go. Not a fair fight considering Thrawn has a fleet.
>>
>>95160588
Oh common. The story was so completely different that they made a meta-humor joke about it. It's just a foreign adaptation of the same concept.

It had at least two sharp turns I didn't see coming despite it being silly fuckery.

>>95161586
Maybe he realized some films aren't pretentious or arrogant enough to be considered "art."
>>
>>95160282

Near figured it out due to L laying the groundwork with all sorts of not-regular resources. L knew and just couldn't prove it. Near just had to ask the right questions to learn what L already knew.

The real trick with Near was assembling the trap using regular police resources.
>>
File: DN h-hayai!.gif (1MB, 316x320px) Image search: [Google]
DN h-hayai!.gif
1MB, 316x320px
>>95159693
I'd rather watch Light Turner vs Adam West Batman tbqh familia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07PZh7im0SE
>>
File: GWENPOOL_post_master.jpg (180KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
GWENPOOL_post_master.jpg
180KB, 960x540px
Could she stop Light?
>>
>>95161353
You are back building everything off the fact that you know he is Bruce.

Ignoring the fact that there are several Gotham billionaires, why does the Batman need to be the person funding? Hell he literally broke up several huge mob families the first year he appeared, there is no reason to assume he didn't empty several of their back accounts to afford the toys that would show up after.

It's kinda strange to assume the kid who disappeared after his parents murder didn't just go move with some family in Europe til he came back to burn through his trust fund, but rather he came back to haunt his hometown in a costume. I will give you that the timeline of him reappearing and Batman appearing would be notable, but I also would point out that Batman spent a lot of his start as a myth and that most of the crazier bat villains appeared really shortly after.

What's more like, the playboy got drunk and crashed a sports car or he is secretly a vigilante.

Everyone has a tragic past in gotham.

The robin's are the most damning part, but he only adopted Tim and most people would probably just assume Dick and Tim were illegitimate kids.
>>
>>95160588

Everyone's ragingly emotional all the time, no mind games, no cat and mouse, and the police treat L like a crazy idiot. Light's draconian sense of justice isn't really there, he kicks off like a school shooter wannabe out for revenge.

Also the girl is just such an awful person for no reason. And Final Destination-ing every death just pads out the movie with pointless spectacle to distract from the fact that the writers couldn't figure out how to make a good detective drama.
>>
>>95160411

Lind L. Tailor was already schedule to be executed. L offered him a chance at life.
>>
>>95160526

So Light writes Batman while thinking of Batman, and Batman dies.

Too goddamn easy.
>>
>>95161779

Probably. She can tell him her name outright and he'll get it wrong.
>>
>>95160270
I thought it said "the human's name who is written on this," but if a human was given immortality, then I'm not sure.
>>
>>95160282
>>95160316
>One of Superman's vision powers includes being able to see the supernatural trail that leads to the death note
>>
>>95160525
>ever
t. casual
>>
>>95162134
Prove me wrong.
>>
>>95162029
Lights too autistic for that. He'd take it literally and think Bruce Wayne must not be his birth name.
>>
>>95160270
Things that cannot die cannot be killed with the deathnote.
Ryuk tells light that the shinigami tried to kill each other for fun, but they got bored since they cannot die.
>>
>>95161714

I think you mixed up your replies there a little.

>>95160526

Just how many of you guys replying have not read the manga or watched the anime? That's not how the Death Note works.
>>
>>95161934
The problem with what you're getting at is that you have to make a lot of assumptions to ignore the number of things that point directly to Bruce Wayne.
>>
>>95162178
World's Finest #149
>>
>>95162234

But you are ignoring that they are just ass pulled assumptions. They are technically not crazier than 9/11 conspiracy theories because they are more sound, but they are actually crazier because "Government doing shady thing" is more logical than "Playboy is costume kook". In a world of demons and magic, ninja's and subterranean people, mad scientists and their walking robots, why would anyone try to build a case that it's Bruce Wayne?
>>
Batman has many potential backers or candidates Light could go after, and every time he kills someone, he narrows down Batman's suspect list.

Time zones would make it obvious that Kira is Japanese, and the police data Kira draws from implies he's in a major city, so his general location is almost as obvious as Batman's.

Assuming an American Light, timezones and early, localised Kira killings would still narrow things down to a similar degree.

Biggest question: would Light go after Batman first, seeing him as a rival, or focus on criminals first, seeing him as a fellow traveler?
>>
>>95160140
He'd call in Tim to do it for him
>>
>>95162356
>But you are ignoring that they are just ass pulled assumptions.
No, they aren't. Everything that anon said is public knowledge and has to do with timing and known information. Maybe those things alone aren't enough to say Bruce Wayne with absolute certainty considering other possibilities but it is enough to put him very high on the list and that's with none of us are as smart as Light.
>>
>>95160087
Light should be so lucky to only have Superman out for his balls. You kill the Bat and you'll have the entire JSA, JLA, Outsiders, Teen Titans, Birds of Prey and his entire extended family of vigilantes out for his ass.

And Alfred.
>>
>>95159693
Bruce would probably get killed, but one of his sons would get Light. One of the sons probably gets stomped like Mellow. Would be a good What-if for Tim.
>>
>tfw my dad was a deadbeat so my mom changed my last name from his name to her name
>tfw if someone tried to write my name in the note they would likely fail the maximum 3 times and I would be safe from any further note fuckery
>>
>>95162504

Yeah, you are right, but my point still stands that as far as the in universe logic goes Bruce is still really down a list of possible explanations, and you would really need an encyclopedia of knowledge of Bruce's life to make the connections.
>>
File: 49b7ebb4b73394d32e3651169e02952d.jpg (110KB, 736x1120px) Image search: [Google]
49b7ebb4b73394d32e3651169e02952d.jpg
110KB, 736x1120px
>>95159693
The REAL question is whether Light and kill DOOM, what with all of his magical defenses and "I spent 1M years battling Megalodons" story...
>>
>>95160613
>>95160658
>>95161101
WE
>>
>>95161101
I'm not going to say he did a poor job as a voice actor, because he didn't.
They absolutely butchered ryuks character though

>ryuk has a horse in the race and is intentional fucking with people
completely misses the whole point
>>
>>95160588
It's a garbage adaptation and a shitty flick but if you don't care about Death Note (like I did) you might get some laughs at how retarded the movie is.
>>
>>95161767
>the virgin run
>>
The fanfiction posting in this thread
>>
File: aXm7004xjU.jpg (65KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
aXm7004xjU.jpg
65KB, 650x650px
It's already established that L can detective circles around Batman, and since L was just a tiny bit better than Light, we can assume that Light would win. Also batman isn't all that amazing at crime solving without expensive equipment, and since the Death Note provides 100% anonymous killing, his tech becomes much less useful.

Furthermore Batman has two hurdles to get over, while Light only has one. Bats being "How do these killings occur?" And "Who is doing it?" While Light has just "Who is Batman?"

Real question is, could Bats figure out L's identy before L figures out his?
>>
>Be born with really long and annoying name
>Also change legal name regularly
>You are now immune
>>
>>95163159
Yeah but I highly doubt he could figure out Bat's secret identity.
>>
>>95163220

Nah, the Death Note only cares about your original name. Death Gods automatically know your original name, so name swapping is meaningless to them. Of course that just raises further questions about what counts as a your original name. Like where do cultures that give children fake names till they are older stand in the terms of the death book? What if there was a mix up at the hospital and the name was meant for another baby? etc.
>>
>>95163277
Yeah but light never had the ability to see a persons name by looking at them.
>>
>>95160526
To further explain >>95160544 The death note only accepts birth names, it doesn't care 'who' you believe yourself to be. Even if you completely throw away your birth name the Death Note will consider the new name as an alias and not work. That's how da rules go.
>>
Would Light even know Batman's after him? It's not like Batman would advertise that.
>>
>>95159693
Light wins this.
easy
>>
>>95160426
The Shinigami can make a trade with the holder of the death note, where the holder gives up half their remaining life but gains eyes that can see someone's birth name and time remaining.
Misa for example took that deal. So she can see anyone's real name by looking at them.
>>
>>95160282
>Light is nowhere near as secretive as he thinks he is and he leaves a trail of breadcrumbs in everything he did.
yeah, but thats because Light fucked up really early on.
Near was able to come behind and use the groundwork L layed, and it still took him awhile.

Bruce would need to PROOVE Light is kira, and thats the hard part.
someone else might be able to figure out Light is Kira but you have to be able to prove it.

If L hadn't needed to prove it, he'd still be alive
>>
>>95160342
>L was L's real name.
his name was L Lawliet
>>
>>95160199
lmao, not a chance in hell
>>
>Criminals start dying off at regular intervals because of heart attacks
>Drugs? Biological weapon? Poison?
>Batman investigates jails and police houses
>When nothing turns up, Batman investigates families of employees, starting with the most likely
>Does not send spies, just goes through multiple databases and psychological profiles in his bat cave computer
>Narrows down most likely suspects
>Takes a visit to the penguin, telling him of everything he knows
>Penguin sends lackeys to investigate those individuals
Light would likely go with that one plan that he did with Raye Penber again
>Penguin lackeys and Oswald Cobblepot dies
>Bat family raids Light Yagami's house due to CCTV footage examined
>Light Yagami sent to Arkham Asylum
>>
All Light would need is a suspicion that Batman is Bruce Wayne, since he has no real moral problem with just killing anyone he even suspects is against him. If he killed Wayne and it turned out he wasn't Batman, it'd be no skin off his ass.

Unless Bruce knew this and thus came out in public support for Kira, knowing that Kira killing one of his richest, smartest and most influential supporters would look pretty bad and hurt his own cause.

Also unlike L, Batman does not require any actual evidence to take down Light, he just needs a suspicion and then he could put Light under all kinds of unlawful surveillance, search his shit and take his Death Note away in the middle of the night.
>>
File: hopeman.png (678KB, 680x840px) Image search: [Google]
hopeman.png
678KB, 680x840px
Better Question, is their any cape that could take down hopeman?

If you don't know, Nagito Komaeda has ultimate level luck-manipulation. If something CAN go his way, it WILL go his way, guaranteed.
>>
>>95163612
I don't know anything about that character, but that's a really fucking cool power. Batman uses chance a lot so hes out. any fighting base character is out too...

Perhaps Dr. Fate or Manhattan?
>>
>>95160383
One could argue that considering not even the Joker knows his birth name, he's not really even that person anymore, that "The Joker" is effectively a new person, separate from the man he used to be, born with that name.
>>
File: IMG_1119.jpg (29KB, 227x293px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1119.jpg
29KB, 227x293px
>>95159764

/thread
>>
>>95159693
Light. He just needs to write diana in and get bruce's name from her then gg.
>>
Could the DeathNote kill Superman?
>>
>>95163031
ha
>>
>>95163859
Superman has zero resistance to magic and supernatural bullshit. It's basically his only other weakness other than the obligatory one.
>>
>>95163846
But when he does that Bruce will discover Light's location and set his failsafes into motion.
>>
>>95162358
Light is perfectly willing to kill anyone who poses any sort of threat (see: The FBI agents, L), so he'd try to get rid of Batman asap.
Speaking of which, Joker would be a nightmare for him to deal with, unless he was able to set up some sort of murder suicide via a proxy target.
>>
>>95163797
Babies can't be killed by the DeathNote and a name & life span don't appear over your head until you're 6 years old. That name you get then is the one needed to kill you for the rest of your life. If you forget it, someone with the eyes can still see it.
>>
>>95163859
Superman isn't human, so no. Could it kill Billy Batson though, if he was in Captain Marvel form?
>>
>>95162554
Probably his rouges gallery too. They have an obsession with his bat dick and would be pretty upset if some twink from japanlan did him in instead of them.
>>
>>95163914
If The Dark Knight Strikes Again is anything to go by (which it probably isn't) it's possibly for Billy to die and Shazam to be left and will cease to exist if he attempts to switch back.
>>
>>95163159
>Real question is, could Bats figure out L's identy before L figures out his?
That's actually kind of tough. Batman is a more prolific target who's easier to track down to a specific area, but Batman is far better at information gathering.
>>
File: Control.jpg (61KB, 656x480px) Image search: [Google]
Control.jpg
61KB, 656x480px
I know one DC character who can beat Light.
>>
So is Bruce Wayne actually batman or not? I've never learned if it was a red heron.
>>
>>95163975
Batman is actually Red Herring.
>>
File: Free art 1.png (204KB, 646x580px) Image search: [Google]
Free art 1.png
204KB, 646x580px
>>95159693
>Batman calls in doctor fate and martian manhunters.
>Tell them to go check around in japan
>Catch a random Japanese kid.
>>
>>95162554
>You kill the Bat and you'll have the entire JSA, JLA, Outsiders, Teen Titans, Birds of Prey and his entire extended family of vigilantes out for his ass.
Well, that's a horrifying prospect.

>And Alfred
This here would be the point we're Light would really come to understand how well and truly fucked he is. No one walks away from the butlering. No one. Someone post the superman screen cap.
>>
Are people implying that Batman's plot armor wouldn't protect him from the Death Note?
This is exactly how it would work out.

>Light finds out who Bruce Wayne and writes his name in the book.
>Batman finds him and approaches with the intent to beat the piss out of him.
>Light bursts out laughing about how everything is going just according to keikaku.
>Light starts counting down to the moment Bruce is about to die.
>Bruce doesn't die.
>"N-naaani??"
>"Bruce Wayne died when he was eight years old. I. Am. Batman."
>Light tries to escape by jumping out a nearby window
>"YAGAMI! NO!"
>Light jumped wrong. His neck snapped. Light is dead.
>Bruce confiscates the Death Note and brings it to one of his mystical friends to destroy it.

You all know this is the exact kind of corny as shit that would happen.
>>
The more important question could Light fare against 2017 4chan and the rest of the internet?
>>
>>95160139
Nah. As talented as Batman is, he has no way of deducing L's specific location like L did, mostly because he's unwilling to go to the lengths L did (as in setting up a decoy to bait Light into basically giving away his location via murder.)
Batman, at best, would have the means to trace Kira back to Japan. Meanwhile, Batman is a prolific figure in Gotham, narrowing that down would not be difficult.
>>
File: 1452308595080.jpg (12KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1452308595080.jpg
12KB, 400x400px
>Light is on the verge of figuring out Batman's identity
>The Riddler takes the back and forth as an insult and teams up with the Batman and together they catch Light before he can finish writing Bruce's name in the book
>>
>>95164052
Barf

The worst part is there are people in this thread who unironically would think this is well done.
>>
>>95164054
4chan struggles to catch anyone who isn't pants on head retarded about giving up clues to their location.
The internet in general would house dozens of theories on the identity, but none of them would be conclusive. There's a reason you don't go to mobs to solve murder cases.
>>
>>95163612
Just use Black Cat to bring his luck back to regular levels
>>
>>95163859
Yes, if someone wrote Kal El in int.
>>
>>95164047
>martian maAAAAAAHHHHHHH
>>
>>95163934
>Joker finds out through standard joker bullshit who killed his would-be rapist.
>takes a trip to Japan leaving a trail of terror and destruction in his wake as he, realizing Batman really won't be coming back, legitimately goes on the warpath
>light freaks the fuck out as he realizes that no one knows joker's real name
> no name = no death by death note
>it becomes one big game of cat and mouse as light tries to deal with not only a massive chunk of the hero community coming for him, but a deranged monstrosity masqueradimg as a man in clown makeup hunting him down

It'd probably be more merciful to have one of the heroes kill him rather than letting joker catch him.
>>
>>95164141
Why don't any of these shitty heroes just kill the joker?
>>
>>95163612
So he's a less gay Longshot?
>>
>>95164159
>less gay
Debatable.
>>
>>95164141
>Write Harleen Quinzel
>Have her murder Joker, then commit suicide.
ez no re
>>
File: matches-malone.jpg (381KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
matches-malone.jpg
381KB, 800x600px
>write Matches Malone in Death Note
>Batman dies
>>
>>95164184
>Watching the shitty Netflix movie
In the anime and manga, you cannot have someone whose name is written in the Death Note shorten the lifespan of someone whose name is not written.
>>
>>95164159
>Hopeman
>less gay
lol
>>
>>95164200
See, this is why the geass eye is more powerful.
>>
>>95164100
Black cat came down with a cold and is currently unavailable
>>
>>95164178
Debatable? Please, Komaeda was more thirsty for protagonist dick than Teruteru.
>>
>>95159693
His real name is in fact "Batman", so the Bat is dead.
>>
>>95164156
Muh slippery slope
>>
File: sad seal.jpg (56KB, 540x361px) Image search: [Google]
sad seal.jpg
56KB, 540x361px
>>95161451
>I-I was only pretending to be retarded H-haha!
>>
>>95159944
He would then draw the ire of the whole Superhero community including some people that the Death note wouldn't be able to hurt. Hell once Batman got taken out Dr. Fate would probably rig up anti shinigami wards for everyone
>>
>>95160324
Underrated
>>
>>95160588
it's a terrible movie, and a TERRIBLE adaptation of the source material
>>
>>95164897
It is bad, but not terrible
>>
>>95162554
Unless he wrote that he died in a fight to the death with the justice league.
>>
Without plot armor, the name and face of Bruce Wayne is known worldwide and the ability to deduce Batman's identity is possible in-universe. Batman dies of a heart attack, or better yet, an accidental weapons malfunction of some sort in the middle of normal crime fighting, without ever having the name Kira cross his mind.
>>
Since Bruce has made it clear that he's Batman first and Bruce Wayne is a mask of sorts would that mean Light would only have to write Batman in the Death Note to kill him?
>>
>>95159693
How would the Death Note work against Superman? Would Clark Kent work? it isn't his given name as that is Kal el, but he didn't know that till he was older so would the name Kira would need to write be Clark Kent or Kal El?

What about the Joker who is possibly so insane he does not even remember his own name. Does the Death Note know the name of someone who doesn't even know it themselves?
>>
>>95165091
>>95165098
We've been over this. Designations hold no power, birth name does.
Bruce Wayne and Kal-El is what they'd appear to the shinigami eyes, and what needs to be written to kill them.
>>
>>95160678
Holmes is the best.
>>
>>95165106
Gay
>>
File: doom_pulls_all_the_strings.jpg (1MB, 1755x1374px) Image search: [Google]
doom_pulls_all_the_strings.jpg
1MB, 1755x1374px
>>95162735
>Light is watching a live broadcast of Doom (Read; a doombot) publicly challenging Kira.
>After months of dangerous strategies he finally managed to get a look at the only remaining image of Doom's face, closely guarded in Doom's fortress.
>He writes down his name and waits.
>Nothing happens
>"What's happening, why isn't he dying!?"
>At this point Ryuk, whom is revealed to have been a holographically disguised Doom for God knows how long, slams the Deathnote closed.
>"You didn't capitalize DOOM!"
>>
>>95159693
Who cares? 2 overrated characters from 2 overdone shows. Fuck both of them.
>>
>>95160434
>Isn't Batman canonically The World's Greatest Detective? He also has a billion dollar company backing him up.
All those things were true about L too, and Light killed him.
>>
>>95159944
I think it would take the Justice League Dark to take Kira down, not Batman.
>>
>>95159944
nah cause Light would think his name is Bruce Wayne when in fact we all know that deep down Bruce is the mask, so Light would be baffled when the death note didn't kill him and then make the shinigami eye deal and instead of a name above batman's head there would just be a gaint yellow bat symbol, then batman would punch him in the fucking face and lock the death note away
>>
>>95160613
What the fuck, no, Black L was anything but cool, he was an emotionally compromised fool.

Ryuk is what made the movie watchable.
>>
>>95165178
Not just world's greatest detective, but also world's second greatest detective, and third greatest detective. Because he needs more jobs to take.
>>
>>95161047
>After a long, drawn out game of detective cat and mouse, Light discovers Batman is Bruce Wayne. >He writes that down in the Death Note, picturing his face in his mind.
>Nothing happens.
>He writes down "Batman", picturing the cowl.
>Batman dies
>Light just sits there, hand on his face, regretting the month he wasted on this.
>>
>>95165202
>when in fact we all know that deep down Bruce is the mask
Does nothing to the power of a death god.
>>
>>95163373
Didn't Misa have a really long life because of that Shinigami who was obsessed with her died giving her all his years?
>>
>>95160588
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dl6btU2QgHI
>>
>>95160588
>What's that book?
>I can't tell you.
>Okay.
>Alright, I'll tell you
And that's how Mia (Misa) discovered that Light is Kira in Murrican Death Note.
>>
>>95165255
Yes. And then Rem does it again, so her lifespan is probably superhumanly long.
If she doesn't commit suicide in her ambiguous ending, at least.
>>
If Light finds out Bruces name and kills him, then Joker will just dump in a Lazarus Pit.

I wonder if people coming back from the dead would ire Shimigami's.
>>
>>95165312
Is there a character whose task it is to find sources of immortality, or otherwise unnatural means of extending one's predetermined lifespan, and destroy them?
>>
>>95165312
>I wonder if people coming back from the dead would ire Shimigami's.
They'd love it. People to kill forever. Shinigami tend to fear death, and their lives are extended by killing humans. And sometimes Shinigami do fall in love with humans, so a way to resurrect particular humans would be something those ones seek out.
>>
File: inevitables.jpg (75KB, 300x349px) Image search: [Google]
inevitables.jpg
75KB, 300x349px
>>95165324
Well I know there's a race of beings that do that in D&D.
>>
>DC Deathnote

I wonder how the supernatural aspects of DC would treat the Death Gods? I can imagine Trigon trying to get them to his bidding, only to be responded with a "meh".
>>
>>95165287
Well I don't know, it really depends on how much life energy those shinigami had on them at the time, considering shinigami are so slothful they sometimes die just by not writing down names, it might not be as much as you'd think.
>>
>>95159693
"Hehehe! I'll write down...Bruce Wayne."

*le chaotic god imagery then switch to wayne mansion*

"M-master Bruce I have another secret I've benn hiding from you."

"What, Alfred?"

"You're real name is...Roose Wayne."

"Noooo!"

*One day later*

"Huh, no news of him dying."
>>
>>95165391
Did Rem seem like such a slacker to you?
>>
>>95164897
the source material was already terrible so Im not sure why people are suprised
>>
>>95165489
>the source material was already terrible
lmao you have shitty taste

>>95165391
>>95165391
>considering shinigami are so slothful they sometimes die just by not writing down names, it might not be as much as you'd think.
some shinigami are slothful, but Rem and Jelous definitely weren't
>>
>>95165517
>>95165429
Yeah but I'd wager neither of them had more than a century stored up because there's not much point, unless it's to gamble with later.
>>
>>95165517
It amuses me to no end to see how many western people take Death Note seriously. The series is practically parody almost with Light's mannerisms and internal dialogue and L's autism and Near's flamboyance. But western anime fans look at anything resembling edge and it's an automatic "DEEP, 2 gud 4 yu, DA BEST"
>>
>>95165548
I don't know what to tell you. Japs love autism and flamboyance.
>>
>>95164098
They found a flag in a field based on contrails
>>
>>95165548
i've never seen the anime, only read the manga.
that being said you sound like a major retard.
why wouldn't people take it serious? it's a serious manga
people like the cat and mouse game and keikaku aspects. fucking grow up
>>
Just started Death Note this week (first anime). I'm 4 episodes in. Does Light get smarter? They are billing him as a master detective but he seems to be making a lot of calls that make it obvious who he is (leveraging his fathers police work, involving himself in the death of a criminal, looking to kill the guy who was sent to moniter him)
>>
Is there a worse segment of /co/ than casual Bat readers? The ones who read just barely enough of his wiki page to join a conversation, but not enough to really know what they're talking about? Because this thread is filled with those people.
>>
>>95165548
its kids first look into dark anime; im not suprised
>>
>>95165575
Can't blame them. Batman in comics is shit. Way better in movies and games.
>>
>>95165567
This.
>>
>>95165570
A lot of Light's decisions do come back to bite him, big time. His hubris is his ultimate downfall.
>>
>>95165543
>Yeah but I'd wager neither of them had more than a century stored up because there's not much point, unless it's to gamble with later.
yeah but even with that, that would give Misa 100 years.
(her lifespan was done when jealous saved her , so thats 100, traded with Rem for the eyes, takes it down to 50; she traded for the eyes a second time, thats 25; and then Rem saved her, so that'd be another 100)
just using random guesstimates

but i would think the average shinigami would kill alot, get alot of years store up, and then forget about it. Whereas Rem was definitely actively cognizant of her lifespan
idk about jealous, but he seemed obsessed with Misa enough to want to be around as long as she lived
>>
>>95165595
Yeah I am just wondering if I should be lowering my expectations regarding Light. I'm liking L, his actions live up to the hype. Picking that Light is a Japanese student was interesting and believable. Light really needs to pick his shit up.
>>
>>95165605
L is clever light is an edgy retard who is only far ahead because of the death note.

If you want a thinking man's show watch LoGH. It's long, dry and filled with a massive cast, but it's worth it.
>>
>>95165567
There was more to it than that.
>>
>>95165570
Light's hubris is what gets him killed.
all those early missteps are important later.
>>95165605
idk where the story you are 4 episodes in, but Light's god level keikaku doesn't kick in until L confronts him.
but still, literally every early choice Light makes comes back to get him killed.
Light is smart yeah, but L is smarter. Light just had the edge.
>>95165618
whats LoGH
>>
>>95165623
Legend of the Galactic Heroes
>>
>>95165621
Yeah, one random tweet from a waitress in bumfuck nowhere and autistic field work

Weaponized autism is a hell of a drug
>>
>>95165618
>LoGH
I'm not really into space shit. Is it that?

>>95165623
Not very far in at all. Light just killed his first batch of people at specific times and in specific ways.
>>
>>95165642
>I'm not really into space shit
Your loss. It's just a military show. It could just as easily take place on an ocean with a navy.
>>
>>95165589
What comics are you talking about specifically? Which writers?
>>
>>95165652
Yeah probably wouldn't be into that either, cheers though.
>>
>>95165658
I'm talking about the character as a whoel. The concept of a human competing in the DC Universe is fucking retarded. There is no way to suspend that belief and you have to be either a child, mentally disabled, or only a batman reader to think that the character makes sense in that world.
>>
>>95165642
>Not very far in at all. Light just killed his first batch of people at specific times and in specific ways.
ahh
yeah dont wanna spoil anything, but looking at an episode list here, episode 9 is where the hype train begins, and episode 26 is the peak
>>
>>95165668
Yeah, that's what I thought. This thread is filled with retards just like you.
>>
>>95165676
>dont wanna spoil anything
Shows been out enough and I've passed by enough threads to know a few big things that happen. Pretty sure the main characters end up dead and it nose dives after one of those points. That's about it.
>>
>>95165687
>RRRRREEEEEEEEEE
Standard batman fan
>>
>>95165691
lol yeah just watch it anon
i'm probably going to watch the anime myself, never seen it before, i read the manga while it was being serialized.
after you finish the anime, do watch the 2006 japanese movies; they're a very satisfying take, and are mostly true to the manga aside from the characters who finally defeat Light
>>
>>95159693
It'd probably end in some confrontation where Light pulls off some scheme to unmask him, succeeds and writes his name down just as he's caught.
Lights laughs because 40 seconds, Batman should die of a heart attack, but nothing happens.
Something something, some dumb cheeky revelation that his TRUE name really is Batman now, and that he could, by those rules, have written "Batman" this whole time to get rid of him.
>>
>>95164840
>including some people that the Death note wouldn't be able to hurt.
Considering this is in the DCU there are only three characters Death can't claim, and none of them actually care about what goes on in the multiverse.
>>
>>95160588

L was actually pretty good. The actor did a good job. Light was nothing like the original. He was phenomenally stupid, mostly because they didn't want to make him an irredeemable villain even though the first thing he did was brutally kill a bully. I mean yeah he was a bully but death is a bit much. The girl was just plain awful. Every scene with her drug the movie down. Willaim Dafoe was perfect though. All in all the movie is a C. Great at points fucking horrible at others but with a decent enough ending to tie it all together.
>>
>>95162206
Shinigami can die, just not from death notes. I think only alternate ending God-Light is truly immortal in the death note universe; it's implied even the shinigami king will die sooner or later. Kind of like how in Bleach, even souls eventually destabilize into dust, and only Aizen is truly immortal.
>>
>>95162064
>"My name is Gwen Poole."
>he writes Gwen Stacy in the note
>>
>>95165226
No, I think it does. Death gods see names, I think that's because their name is who most people are. While Bruce is actually batman.
>>
A lot of people are ignoring that Bruce Wayne has been seen in the same room with Batman on several occasions and has had solid alibis at times Batman was in action. usually it's Dick in the cowl with maybe some special shoes to adjust the height but it's really going to throw off the investigation for a bit
>>
>>95165970
>special shoes to adjust the height
Taking lessons from the RDJ school of crime fighting, I see
>>
>>95165970
Even so, if Bane can figure it out, Light can.
>>
>>95165202
Yeah and the one ring increases a person's natural ability and since hobbits are naturally sneaky they turn invisible.
>>
File: Action_Comics_Vol_1_894_Textless.jpg (525KB, 1479x2200px) Image search: [Google]
Action_Comics_Vol_1_894_Textless.jpg
525KB, 1479x2200px
>>95165832
>Considering this is in the DCU there are only three characters Death can't claim, and none of them actually care about what goes on in the multiverse.
You make a point I hadn't considered.

This is a superhero universe where Death is a living, breathing concept, and she's actually not a bad guy.
How long would The Endless be willing to let this jackoff run wild with the power of life and Death?
>>
>>95166158
Same way she feels about any two-bit murderer. It's sad, but it's not her place to stop it from happening.
>>
>>95159693
>Kira writes Batman's name in the Death Note
>After several hours of agonizing pain, the Death Note dies
>>
>>95160588
On top of everything else, Light doesn't go out like a bitch.
>>
>>95166167
This isn't really any Two-Bit Murderer, though. This is a Death God giving a chimp a machine gun and telling them "go nuts".

Even if she didn't step in, there's a dozen other DC Gods and higher beings that would step in and slap Light's shit. Spectre would shut it down the instant Light killed anyone that wasn't a hardened criminal.
>>
>>95160649
Well, you're taking the Death Note into a universe with different kinds of plot armor, too. To be frank, the Death Note is low level shit in the DC universe.
>>
>>95165570
He only cares about his anonymity insofar as it'll stop him from using the Death Note. So he flaunts a bit too hard.

Also...
>Light.
>Smart.
>>
>>95160198
To be fair, an equally logical deduction would be Bruce Wayne funds/equips Batman and may even make more sense really.
>>
>>95163612
Hopeman's luck is in a constant cycle between really good and really bad. His absolute madman plan from DR2 failed at the last second, after all. Also, canonically, he can be beaten by other extraordinarly lucky people. (His gun jamming when trying to shoot Izuru, for example.)
>>
File: cubans.jpg (90KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
cubans.jpg
90KB, 1280x1024px
>>95159693
I was actually thinking about this yesterday, both Light and L would figure out Batman's identity in a second.
Here are the facts:
>Batman operates mostly out of Gotham
>Batman needs funds for all his documented high tech gadgets
>Batman operates out of a sense of justice, probably caused by past trauma
>Batman is highly trained in various martial arts, sciences and crafts, probably having had to travel to world to learn them
>Whenever Bruce is shown travelling the globe in his training, he rarely use a fake name and there would probably be records of all the criminology/Chemestry/etc. classes he took in universities around the world.
>Light might even kill him "by accident" if all the "shaddy member of the Wayne family uses the company for evil before Bruce comes back home" stories are canon, he is not beyond killing people that simply "make the world a harder place to live".
Conclusion: Bruce Wayne is Batman, if L has access to all of Cadmus/SHADE/Chechmate/whatever classified info, Amanda Waller already knows he is Batman, so he could even get it from her and skip all the deducting.

By the way
>Shounen Jump All-Stars vs DC when???
>>
>>95163541
Didn't Light tear out some of the pages and carry those around?
>>
>>95164200
Could Light avoid this whole mess by writing "dies to one of the Joker's traps" or does that violate the same rule?
>>
>>95160588
Only good points about the movie
>L
>Ryuk
>/tv/ defending the movie so /a/ stays butthurt
>>
>>95159944
>who is playing 4th dimensional chess
>implying Light isn't an idiot
kek
>>
>>95166489
>probably caused by past trauma
>probably
That's an assumption,
and it reminds me of one of the reasons I didn't like the Netflix movie (among many other reasons, of course). L operated almost exclusively on assumptions.

>Kira killed this set of people, therefore he MUST have had access to this specific database.
>Kira didn't kill me at my press conference, therefore he MUST need a name and a face.
>Kira didn't kill Officer Turner, therefore Kira MUST be Light Turner.
>Light Turner said that death could come from a calculus book, therefore he MUST have been speaking of a literal calculus book.

And I'm pretty sure there was one more.
>>
I read the manga up until L's death. Is it worth continuing all the way to Raito's death? I heard the second season of the anime is trash. Is it the same with the mango?
>>
>>95166158
>>95166167
>>95166205
Why would she care? Less work for her to do.
>>
File: 9274419.jpg (36KB, 514x458px) Image search: [Google]
9274419.jpg
36KB, 514x458px
>>95166917
Depends on how much you care for the replacement puppies.
I had no issues with the latter third of Death Note whatsoever. Yes, it's a bit less on the intelligence side, no Near and Mello are not as cool as L, yes Light gets sloppy (he has every reason to get sloppy because he believed his greatest [sole] opponent was toppled), but even so I enjoyed the ride and found it all quite satisfying to the last.
>>
>>95167032
>"I will be the God of this new world!"
>>Bell rings
>Same FUCKING angelic choir in the background plays.
>>
how come L doesnt have eyebrows
>>
>>95160825
This
Thats a perfect example of how Batman would fight Light and it took this long to get. Jesus people once again /co/ shows it doesn't read comics or has no idea how the characters it talks about work
>>
>>95160140
are you serious?

The Riddler? Batman making insane logical deductions is a massive trope.
Also, Batman being a student of Sherlock Holmes is also a thing. (often in a literal sense, Holmes was a real person in DC comics.)
>>
>>95159693
Better question: Light vs Joker. Joker wins and becomes the newest owner of the Death Note
>>
>>95164047
>Martian Manhunter
>thinking he's not going to job
absolute kek
>>
>>95160266

Bane has actually seen Batman up close multiple times in that span of time. Remember, most criminals dont actually know about bat gadgets. Their experience with Batman is a few terrifying moments after a caped monster man dropped on them and took them apart.

Common Gotham criminals think the bat has fucking psychic powers to read your thoughts and cloud your mind. Only the ones good enough to fight him and mot immediately lose know his gear and gadets enough to start drawing conclusions.
>>
>>95163899
which is actually a wonderful way for the story to go. Light is trying to kill the Joker. Trying to assassinate him, and find out his real name.

Batman being the Batman of course, sees a pattern in the deaths around The Joker, and tries to find the source.
>>
>>95164184
Nope.

>>95160393
Need I remind you that there is more than one Joker out there?
>>
>>95167255
I think we all assume solo batman. I mean, if we involved Zatanna, WW, Cap Marvel, Lex, Superman, etc, it all becomes easy mode.
These characters would all magic, or super surveillance their way to the answer in minutes.
>>
File: sweet oblivion.png (490KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
sweet oblivion.png
490KB, 480x480px
>>95167398

>It's another "Batman saves The Joker" episode.
>>
>>95165098
It's amusing cause we would know the name of Joker but he wouldn't.
>>
>>95165277
this american version was embarrasing in many aspects.
>>
File: bane the ultimate shipper.jpg (894KB, 1200x947px) Image search: [Google]
bane the ultimate shipper.jpg
894KB, 1200x947px
>>95167540
>It's another "Batman saves his boyfriend" episode
FTFY
>>
>>95165375
Maruts look so fucking cool
>>
>>95167361
Getting to the note would probably be fun and getting it would surely feel great, but he wouldn't use it because it'd take the fun out of everything.
>>
>>95159693
>be laito-kun, kirrah!
>douwnoroado everry gothomaruu citizenu headoshotto ando nameru
>killu everu gothomaru citicenru
>batamanru are one ofo themeru!!
>>
>>95162554
>implying he would't write Batman killing the JL before he kills batman himself
>>
>>95167668
How does Light get this info
>>
>>95159693
Light would figure out Batman is Bruce Wayne in a day.
>>
>>95160198
Anon, to begin with why would he even assume Batman is human? Also, he never really legalized the adoption for most Robins. The only one that was adopted and then does is Damian, and he was dead for, like, a day or so. No one would really notice.
>>
>>95160588
DESU they should've just went all the way with L and gave him some former tribesman backstory as an explanation for his weird behavior. Hell just giving him an accent would've made him a lot less cringy
>>
>>95160588
I should have turned it off after light decided to just tell random girl he just met that he was kira
>>
>>95160050
Dont lie, anon. light's "deduction skills" sucks. He basically puts himself in harm's ways for no reason. If he did not pursue those people, no one would ever find out who he is. They would never get past the "it's someone in Japan" assumption.
>>
>>95167634
He'd be able to have perfect comedic timing on every lethal joke he could possibly want to do. The universe would ensure his jokes would always get their punchline, and it wouldn't even remove the risk of him getting caught.
>>
>>95160121
>Light isn't much of a Detective
>literally was hired by Tokyo PD as a detective
>>
>>95165149
DOOM endures!
>>
>>95159693
It depends on how far into their respective careers they are. It never actually made sense that people in the DC universe don't know who Batman is—How many Gothamites have those kind of resources? A dozen, maybe? Light could easily figure it out if Batman has been running around for any significant amount of time.

Batman would be able to figure out that Light is Kira pretty easily if he was already working for the anti-Kira team, but before then, there's just no plausible way to narrow it down. If Light hadn't killed the fake L AND stolen information from his dad's computer, L never would have been able to track him down.

It would really only be a good fight if Light had decided that Batman was a "good guy" and he couldn't kill him—he only wants to stop Batman from capturing him. If Light is willing to kill Batman from the getgo, and especially if he's OK with some collateral damage, Light could kill him in a matter of hours.
>>
File: uDs1qF1.jpg (311KB, 883x675px) Image search: [Google]
uDs1qF1.jpg
311KB, 883x675px
>>95164048
>>
Been over this, it's far easier for Light to figure out Bruce Wayne is Batman than Bruce figuring out that Light is Kira. Light's hubris left breadcrumbs that bit him in the ass later on, but Batman's notoriety and activity may as well be a giant neon sign.

It'll be far easier to finger an individual that stands out like Bruce Wayne than some random Japanese student.
>>
>>95165970
>Dick in the cowl
Slow clap.
>>
>>95168368
>It never actually made sense that people in the DC universe don't know who Batman is
it makes sense if you realize that people n that universe, are a lot dumber and much more incompetent than in ours and an average guy like bruce wayne would appear as a genius.
>>
>>95168368
>there's just no plausible way to narrow it down.
Do you know how many occult contacts Batman has?

Because, Light mostly got as far as he did because pretty much nobody who was tracking him down believed he was using weirdo occult powers. He'd be a flavor of the week villain in DC. An average wednesday.

People start dropping dead. Batman investigates and finds it's for no mundane reason, rumors get out that it's a new God and Bruce opens up his speed dial and starts calling in favors from Jason Blood, Zatanna and for all I know the frigging Spectre.

The last of which would probably be on Light's ass minutes after his first few kills anyway.
>>
Light could find a bystander to Batman, write his name down and control him to take off Batman's Mask. Then Light can get his face and kill him.
>>
>>95159693
I'd prefer battousai v batman.
>>
>>95168770
Assume for this scenario that Bats only has the voicemail for Supes and WW to be fair to L

Because that nigga wouldn't survive long in a world of capes
>>
Question, how does the death note deal with languages? Does the name have to be written in the correct alphabet?
What if the native language of the person you're trying to kill has no official writing system or spelling guidelines?
>>
>>95168815
>random ninja attack on Batman

Nigga pls, Bats jerks off to those kinda situations
>>
>>95168770

At that point it isn't "Light vs Batman", it's "Light vs The Entire DC Universe".
>>
>>95168933
>Assume for this scenario that Bats only has the voicemail for Supes and WW to be fair to L
Wonder Woman IS one of his occult contacts.

WML run she had a weirdo ability to reach into the mythic realms to talk to gods and occasionally take on their attributes. She used it to bring some sick and injured people the Goldend Fleece to heal them, and troll the ever living fuck out of Joker.
>>
>>95168982
>>95168933
I think anon meant call them for info. He wouldn't have mentioned the Spectre for muscle.
>>
>final confrontation after a long battle of wits
>Light flips open the Death Note smugly, revealing it was a trap and he per-emptily wrote Bruce Wayne in it, and his time of death is right then
>Batman is shocked, suffers a heart attack and kneels over
>Silence for a moment
>Batman starts to move a bit
>Then a deep laughter
>growing louder, and louder, and louder
>Somewhat maniacal too
>Bruce Wayne is dead, but now Batman has full control
>No humanity left
>No cares left
>Just...
>Justice
>He snaps Lights neck, grinning while doing it
>He walks away, the night has just begun, and their are many criminals to punish.

He also treats Alfred like a dick now, since he's no longer his adoptive father, but just Batman's assistant. (inb4 the "deathnote doesn't work like that." I know.)
>>
>>95168982
Well that's what happens when you decide you're such a big swinging dick that you're going to go after the most connected person in the entire setting.
>>
>>95168962
Once you use the Death Note, you can see the birth name that someone has from the age of 6
Even if you refer to yourself and others know you as something else, your birth name of 6yrs will follow above you like an NPC

All you need is that birth name and an image of their face in you mind to enter their name into the note
>>
>>95169042
Captcha ate the rest of my post

Since it has mind powers involved, it's assumed that a person's birth name will appear in the language of the user
>>
File: V-for-Vendetta-Moore-Comics.jpg (77KB, 500x699px) Image search: [Google]
V-for-Vendetta-Moore-Comics.jpg
77KB, 500x699px
>>95159693
what about him?
>>
>>95160559
Seeing as the Deathnote is unable to kill other Shinigamis?
You basically are in the situation where you can't kill a lot of things, because they are strong enough to shrug of organ damage.
Just like nothing is stopping Rahz Al Ghul from throwing Batman back into the pit, to resurrect him.
>>
>>95162358
>Time zones would make it obvious that Kira is Japanese
Unless you use the Death Note to randomize time of death.
Which is a point that gets brought up, and the audience do not remember that.
>>
>>95169042
Technically you need the Shinigami eyes for that, not just the death note. Humans get it by willingly halving their own lifespan.
>>
>>95159944
>Implying Light would even need to deduce who Batman is
Everyone knows Batman operates out of Gotham.
Everyone knows Batman uses extremely expensive equipment.
In addition, everyone knows Gotham is an extremely corrupt city where the rich are generally exploiting the poor as much as humanly possible.

Light would just go full Ra's and use a process of elimination, writing up all the names of rich Gotham residents.
>If it's one of the rich folks, good.
>If it's not one of the rich folks, still good because that whole city deserves justice; plus whoever funded the Batman got killed anyway
>>
>>95169149
Literally doesn't have a name to write down so he'd be hard to bullshit, all physical records of him were long since destroyed.

Obviously the letter V wouldn't work or Death Note would have been shorter and even less interesting.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (244KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
244KB, 1920x1080px
>>95169066
That seems like a somewhat unsafe assumption; I did a quick google and the screenshots I found of the shinigami eyes in use show a mix of kanji and roman letters. You'd think they'd all be one or the other if it was based on the user's own language (also, there's a shot from Ryuk's PoV where Light's name is written in kanji - does this mean Ryuk's native language is Japanese?). Were there ever any Russian or Greek or Chinese characters in Death Note?
>>
>>95159693
Golden: Batman
Silver: Batman
Bronze: Batman
Post Crisis: 60-40
New 52: Light
Rebirth: 30-70

Adam West Batman: Batman
New Adventures of Batman: Batman
TAS: Light
The Batman: 50-50
Brave and the Bold: Batman
Beware the Batman: Batman
Justice League Action: 40-60

Burton Batman: 20-80
Nolan Batman: Light
DCEU Batman: 70-30
>>
File: 602.jpg (125KB, 1416x2084px) Image search: [Google]
602.jpg
125KB, 1416x2084px
>>95159693
How does the Death Note work with names? The name on your birth certificate or what you believe in your heart is your name? If it's the latter, Kira has this on lock.
>>
>>95163373
Light would also have to have a face-to-face to know Batman is BW, or at least see footage of him on TV. Im not sure how the eyes work with digital video.
>>
>>95162178
There was literally almost two entire decades where Batman became solely dedicated to noir-influenced detective storytelling, the years that TAS was based on. And that's not counting the years from 1940-1955 that were also all detective crime tales.

Batman only became more of an action movie type of franchise following TDKR, Year One and the Tim Burton movie. And even the modern age of Batman still features him doing quite a bit of information gathering and deduction, just now it's more him sitting in front of a computer than him visiting crime scenes and tracking down leads. Which to be fair, basically is what modern detective work actually is.
>>
>>95160761
Batman uses a disinformation campaign to sow lack of consensus on the internet. It wouldn't be impossible for him to manipulate the information actually available on the internet to create less conclusive evidence as to his identity, and Morrison made it so Wayne publicly funds Batman, thus ruining the one undeniable piece of circumstancial evidence against him-- that Batman would have to be wealthy and have access to military industry.

Besides, it doesn't really matter what the general public thinks of Batman's identity, since Bruce has very few personal connections who aren't also superheroes. The only real reason for his secret identity is so he can maintain his funding and can't be arrested for vigilantism, which would require concrete evidence to prove, of which there is none. The only way to prove Wayne is Batman would be to prove the connection between Wayne's technology and Batman's, and with Wayne publicly supporting Batman, that no longer would be proof.
>>
>>95167255
Batman doesn't use the Lazarus Pit because it causes your mind to deteriorate. Funny you accuse other people of not reading comics when Batman has been explicitly against using the Pit since its very first appearance. Literally the entire point of Ra's all Ghul was that he was a version of Batman who didn't have to worry about aging or death, and create a philosophical question of whether Batman should use it.
>>
File: 1232565427410.png (103KB, 838x358px) Image search: [Google]
1232565427410.png
103KB, 838x358px
>>
File: 1296677311276.jpg (459KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1296677311276.jpg
459KB, 1000x1000px
>>95170442
>>
>>95170177
>There was literally almost two entire decades where Batman became solely dedicated to noir-influenced detective storytelling
Show me Batman doing something more impressive than NYPD Blue detective work. Does he ever go full Sherlock? Cause if not then you got nothing.
>>
>>95159693
>A guy who needs to know your real name and face to kill you
>Vs a guy who wears a cowl and is so secretive many of the Justice League and other heroes don't know his real identity
Why would you think Light have ANY chance?
>>
File: DIxlTAmVwAAviyW.jpg (35KB, 720x495px) Image search: [Google]
DIxlTAmVwAAviyW.jpg
35KB, 720x495px
>>95159944
>>
File: dumb.jpg (203KB, 1280x601px) Image search: [Google]
dumb.jpg
203KB, 1280x601px
>IF LS AUTISTIC APPRENTICES CAN DO SO CAN BATMAN
It goes the same way as the show gathering BAt is brought in by the UN at the same time as L. The difference is it happens faster because Batman is more aggressive but his identity is easier to deduce. Like L he leaves evidence that leads his successors to victory
>>
>>95160143
>L calls himself "L", but Rem still had to write his birth name in her Death Note to kill him. "Bruce Wayne" would be the correct answer.

If Kira wrote Superman´s name in the deathnote, assumning he finds his secret identity would that kill Clark or would he need to know his kriptonian name for the deathnote to work on him?

>>95159693
It really depends in what the writters would want to win at the end. and considering how writters write Batman Kira would probably kill him only to be reavealed at the end that Batman faked his own death or orquestrated his death in a way where it was posible to revive him with CPR as part of a convoluted plan discover Kira´s real identity.
>>
>>95170913
He'd need to write Kal-el.
(of course, the death note only says it works on humans, so he might be completely unaffected anyhow)
>>
File: Red-Herring[1].png (454KB, 609x406px) Image search: [Google]
Red-Herring[1].png
454KB, 609x406px
>>95164021
I KNEW IT!
>>
File: hqdefault[2].jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[2].jpg
18KB, 480x360px
>>95168770
I think the Spectre would be OK with Kira as long as he just kill criminals. The moment he kills the CIA agents that where after him it will be the moment the Specter would appear and give him some sadistic and ironic punishment like pic related.

>>95160121
>Light isn't much of a Detective
>literally was hired by Tokyo PD as a detective

To be fair he was a detective on his own case so he really was not doing a really good job as a detective.
Also Ligth was inteligent but most of his kills where criminals that where already in jail or people that where already being investigated by his father on the police. if L hadn´t taken the case personal an stay far away from japan Kira would have never being able to kill him.
>>
SERIOUS FUCKING QUESTION.

If someone with Shinigami eyes looked at Superman, which name do you think would be revealed?
Clark Kent? Kal El?
>>
>>95170913
Clark isn't his birth name, but the name doesn't appear until you're 6, well after he was adopted, so it's up in the air.
>>
>>95168933
>hey Superman use your super vision and speed to scan literally everyone on earth for suspicious activity
>oh look someone wrote a name down on a notebook and that person died
>>
>>95169589
>implying it isn't a former bad guy using his loot to fund himself and stealing some of the stolen items from the people he captures to keep himself afloat
>>
>>95171771
Doesn't change a thing.
That is a possibility, but there's enough cause to try and take out Gotham's elite, as likely candidates without regret considering the sate they've left their city in.
>>
Look, if we're talking about fighr, we need a setup:
1. Kira comes to Gotham
2. Kira kills i.e Harley, Harvey, Zsasz. The worst of the worst first.
3. Batman broods about someone killing his besties, starts investigating.
4. Without provoking Lighr there is no chance of him going after Batman, since he started with going for criminals, and only attacked when his pride was wounded. Spying would be pointless, since he had a porn stash prepared for something like that, and while Batman would prob be smarter than police department, making a logical leap that Light is a suspect would be p. hard.
5. Some antivillain is pissed that one of villains died, makes a mess on street, shouting about the killer.
6. Kira'd
7. Batman goes full detective mode
and at this point we can add Zatannas, Batgod detective skills, Jason Red Hooding Batman cause Joker is dead etc. The advantage however stays on Kira's side.
>>
File: how dull.png (816KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
how dull.png
816KB, 900x900px
Can any cape possibly take down Kamukura Izuru?

Fun fact, he has every skill including Ultimate level luck-manipulation and Ultimate level martial arts with the ability to copy shit effortlessly and do it better than who he copied it from.
>>
>>95165071
>>95167785
>I_don't_understand_how_the_death_note_works_the_post.jpg
>>
>>95171978
Is there a character that could even possibly EVEN TOUCH Madara Uchiha? Let alone defeat him. And I’m not talking about Edo Tensei Uchiha Madara. I’m not talking about Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara either. Hell, I’m not even talking about Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan and Rinnegan doujutsus (with the rikodou abilities and being capable of both Amateratsu and Tsukuyomi genjutsu), equipped with his Gunbai, a perfect Susano’o, control of the juubi and Gedou Mazou, with Hashirama Senju’s DNA implanted in him so he has mokuton kekkei genkai and can perform yin yang release ninjutsu while being an expert in kenjutsu and taijutsu.
>>
>>95159693
Gotham
All of Gothams worse criminals would probably be killed by Light...except for the FUCKING Joker now that I think about it. But still maybe the Joker is easier to handle when you don't have other criminals distracting you.

But not to totally avoid the question. Light does end up killing Batman. But only after Batman has caught Light and put him in jail for some time. Light escapes or possibly freed by Waller and the first thing he or they do is kill Batman.
>>
>>95160525
>Batman but has demonstrated just about zero Sherlock Holmes tier skills ever. So fuck that.
10/10 b8
>>
>>95167785
The Death Note can't be used for murder-suicide.
>>
>>95172110
Says who?
>>
>>95172071
Doesn't the Death Note find a new owner if Kira is away from it for too long?
>>
>>95160316
Other supernatural forces can't mess with shinigami on the job. Most they can do is see ryuk, and therefore know light has a death note. Shinigami isn't a threat on its own, just take the book and it's over.
>>
>>95172153
I haven't watched the anime in forever and never read the manga but I don't remember that "rule" at all before the Netflix movie.
>>
>>95172143
Death Note How to Use XXVI
Rule 2.
Even though only one name is written in the Death Note, if it influences and causes other humans that are not written in it to die, the victim's cause of death will be a heart attack.
>>
>>95169924
Birth certificate. It was a plot point for most of the series that Light couldn't kill L because he didn't know his name.
>>
>>95172143
That's literally one of the rules in it. You can't have the guy whose name you're writing kill someone else before their own death. If you try that they just get a heart attack.
>>
>>95172153
In a way. Death Notes don't find new owners, they revert ownership back to the shinigami. This happens naturally 490 days after you lose the notebook.
>>
>>95172277
Ohh

What if I know a guy is a bus driver or an airline pilot and I write his name in the book while he's on the job. Does it just cancel it out completely then or wait until he can no longer harm anyone else?
>>
>>95172359
I would assume both cases would result in someone else saving the vehicle from disaster, someone else taking the wheel or auto pilot, or there would be a non fatal crash. People can still be injured.
>>
>>95172359
I think it would be a kinda bultshit situation were they all survive againts all odds.
>>
Could Batman catch the Phantom Thieves of Heart?

Could he stop Goro?
>>
>>95160588
It was entertaining. If you go in without expectations, it's pretty good. It's not a movie about Light the ultra-intelligent sociopath, and that's actually something that I liked. I wish they used less source Death note themes and went with something else though.
>>
>>95165543
Rem and Ryuk's life span gets increased every time Misa or Light uses a Deathnote
>>
>>95171518

my money is on kal el. the question I would ask is in what language would it be spelled?
>>
>>95172504
>>95172511
I know it's at the whim of what a writer decides but I really want to see that play out.

Like could I control a series of guys to do a suicide bombing? Like one guy makes a bomb but doesn't activate it but leaves it some where mails a package then dies of a heart attack. Some other guy activates it but puts it into a specific colored bag takes it to another location then dies of a heart attack. A third guy goes to a certain location picks up a specific colored bag and takes it to a crowded event then dies of a heart attack. A fourth checks his mail opens a package presses a button then dies of a heart attack?

Still miraculously no one gets hurt?
>>
>>95160457
Fourth, the Question beats him I'm sure.

But that's because he's a fucking crazy conspiracy theorist.
>>
Light is smarter, and actually has to use his brains to solve shit constantly so he wouldn't leave a trail behind. He's got no real power on his own though, and if Batman ever did come to suspect him he'd probably be fucked.

Bruce is a detective in name only, furthest his mode of operatus would go would be picking up hair samples at the scene of a crime, which wouldn't happen here since Kira doesn't kill directly. Batman has solved most shit with just his fists for years now, he has almost no show for tell despite being called greatest detective.

So the plot would have to force Batman to suspect a teenager is killing with a notebook, since there's no way he'd figure it out on his own. L was half crazy and thought outside the box constantly, so you could see a guy like that thinking Kira was Light quickly.
>>
>>95172686
Won't work because they wouldn't normally know the location of the package the first time. Second guy would just die of a heart attack.
>>
>>95172735
That seems weird but I'm going to take your word for it because you clearly know more about the death note than I do.
>>
Random people around the world are randomly dying of heart attacks, most people think its some kind of virus or something. After awhile people notice its mostly criminals dying. Joker drops dead in the middle of a chase one day, Batman is perplexed but still sees no signs of foul play in the body.

Walk me through why Batman would somehow think this is the work of a magic notebook here. Walk the situation through without relying on the fact that you already know all the answers from the series, since Batman would know nothing.

His ability to track down Kira without relying on any kind of physical evidence is incredibly limited, unless Kira is extremely prideful and wants himself to be known somehow.
>>
>>95159693
Hard to say, it depends really, who has the harder trail to find
>>
>>95166327
But then light has no reason not too kill Wayne, meaning he'd win
>>
>>95167361
Light would need to know the jokers birth name and maybe what he looks like with out make up. Lights fucked
>>
>>95172110
But he kills that one guy at the start with a truck, so he could just write "batman dies in the explosion of the Watchtower" and boom, he'd take out a few of the street and midlevel guys hanging out up there too
>>
>>95172011
>I_don't_understand_how_the_death_note_works_the_post.jpg
Would that be a screenshot of the Netflix movie?
>>
File: timmy_turner.jpg (98KB, 1024x705px) Image search: [Google]
timmy_turner.jpg
98KB, 1024x705px
>>95160199
>Turner

Wait a minute...
>>
>>95169149
No name, no face impossible to beat
>>
>>95170563
Because batman is fairly obviously Wayne?
>>
>>95172071
ryuk killed Light once he got caught in the manga. and even if he didn´t kill him why would Waller want to have Light in the Suicide Squad? The Death note would have been taken away either by batman or the goverment. The only way I could find that scenario happeing would be if Waller only got Lights out of prission to see where did he hide the Book before capture on a storyline where half of the squad got killed in the process.
>>
>>95172605
>Could he stop Goro
I forget, can normal people even see Personas? What's the distinction between Stands and Personas? If he can't see it, he's probably fucked unless he relies on psychological combat
>>
>>95172504
But to what extent are the people saved by that? Say a doctor was on that flight due for a sugery tomorrow and in the aftermath of the almost crash he misses his appointment and his patient dies. Would that be possible?
>>
>>95173403
>I forget, can normal people even see Personas?
No

>What's the distinction between Stands and Personas?
Personas can only be used at certain places or time.
Stands can be used when ever the user wants (depending on the stand.)
>>
>>95172282
Yeah, but L was just a codename to him, not what he considered to be his "real" name.
>>
>>95171164
Is this nigga going to have 200,000+ heart attacks?
>>
>>95173004
>unless Kira is extremely prideful and wants himself to be known somehow.
Dude has a god complex as big as the sun. He sure as hell wants to be known.
>>
>>95173004
Kira is extremelly pridefull and wants himself to be know, that is how people started to think Kira was an actual person and that is why L managed to know he was a Japanse student. He made a public speech where a death row inmate pretendet to be him giving an ultimatum to Kira on a live worldwide pressconference. When Lights pride got hurt while watching L´s speech he killed the L pretender (he gave his name at the start of the press conference) to show his power, After the fake L droped death the real L in an sound only mesage revealed that by killing the guy in live tv at that precise hour he manage to reduce the population of suspects to students since adults would be at work a the time and since it was not a worldwide press conference (L was broadcasting the pressconference in one japanese region at a time expecting Kira would kill the fake L) L knew in what city Light lived.

At the end Kira didn´t even killed L, he made a convoluted plan so another Shinigami killed him but he never figured out L´s real name.
>>
File: 1461169236902.png (941KB, 783x525px) Image search: [Google]
1461169236902.png
941KB, 783x525px
>>95173477
Batman catches Goro at night. Kicks his teeth in. Or waits until Goro suddenly appears out of thin air in the middle of Tokyo and punches his lights out
>>
File: 5304020-zetsu+kills+madara[1].jpg (166KB, 1008x733px) Image search: [Google]
5304020-zetsu+kills+madara[1].jpg
166KB, 1008x733px
>>95172014
Yes Zetsu did.
>>
>>95173740
That's the thing though; Batman can't set up the same sort of test to smoke out Kira like that, he doesn't have the resources. Plus in order to smoke out Kira you kinda have to give up morality in some way, someone has to die to prove his existence or narrow him down, which Batman would never do willingly.

Mello and Near only caught Kira because of a mistake, because Mello abandoned morality a bit and did something no one could expect.
>>
>>95173004
How would he kill the Joker if he doesn´t know his real name? Would the white makeup and green hair count as enoug of a disguise?
>>
>>95173203
The truck didn´t kill anyone else. if anybody apart from Batman was in the watchtower he would just die of a heart attack.
>>
>>95160198
Robins are seriously a dead give away. It's completely dumb how no-one figured this out.
>>
>>95173825
>Two rinnegan and a sharingan
Man, what the fuck happened to Naruto at the end?
>>
>>95166143
There is literally no point in me saying this but the One Ring had other powers that Frodo only started to unlocked the last time he wore it. Sauron could sense that he'd done this and it was part of why he went "oh FUCK" like North Korea was testing nukes in his backyard
The other part was the fact that they were inside Mount Doom when it happened, but you knew that already
>>
>>95166143
>>95174012
I've been wondering for years why a ring that turned people invisible would make Sauron take over Middle Earth. Could one of you explain to me what the hell the ring does?
>>
>>95161934
>but he only adopted Tim
Actually, Jason was the first kid he adopted who died in really suspicious event and Robin suddenly disappeared after it with Batman acting really strange. I mean, come on...
>>
>>95174084
Yeah, Jason's death would have been a big give away

Also, if I lived in DCU, I would have strongly suspected that Bruce Wayne has done something bad to the poor kid and is responsible for his death
>>
>>95174055
Middle-Earth has some built-in magic that makes oaths and ownership a federal fucking issue, to the extent that it's the main plot device in 90% of all of Tolkien's writings. Notably, the main plot thread of the Silmarillion, the quest to reclaim the Silmarils over thousands of years, consists entirely of different oaths and claims of ownership colliding with each other and causing a giant mess, and also, Aragorn's entire subplot is all about the power he gets from oaths and claims he inherited from his ancestors, though the movies do a shitty job of explaining all that
Anyway, the One Ring primarily harnesses this power that naturally permeates the entire world, but it only works for Sauron because he can tap into it by virtue of being the legitimate owner. At the end of LotR, Frodo, who is arguably also a legitimate owner of the ring, proclaims his ownership of it, and this puts him on an even footing with Sauron in terms of being able to use it
If you reread the whole story with this stuff in mind and pay close attention whenever anyone promises to do something, it's kind of a game changer. A lot of the "plot holes" get explained away as "I already promised X, so if I do Y, I'm on the hook for Z, so I'm staying the fuck out of this"
>>
>>95172605
Better question:
>Joker goes to Nipland to crowbar the fuck out of the punk kid swiping his act
>Makes a publicly televised declaration of war with several hostages murdered with Joker gas live on air
How fucked are the Phantom Thieves?
>>
>>95174250
Thanks anon
>>
>>95174192
There's actually a story where someone decided to investigate Jason's death because he suspected that Bruce was a predator who is responsible for what happened to Jason.
>>
>>95163914
Human and Mortal are written the same in Japanese.

It would work just fine on Superman.
>>
>>95173991
>Man, what the fuck happened to Naruto at the end?
This >>95172014 stoped being a Meme and became reality.
>>
>>95174406
>end
Try "the first volume".
>>
>>95174250
I didn't read the books, I just expected three 3 1/2 hour movies should be able to explain what everyone's fighting over.
>>
>>95164047
Would a heart attack kill MMH? does he has an actual heart of is something he can shapeshift from any part of his body. If an alien had two hearts or no heart would the death note be able to kill them?
>>
>>95173260
>I wish for... The power to kill my enemies!
>>
>>95172011
The Death Note can make you do things you wouldn't normally do, it just can't make you do anything you CAN'T do.
>>
File: Dr strange.jpg (135KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
Dr strange.jpg
135KB, 1280x800px
>>95171978
Doctor Strange could give him a run for his money.
Fun fact, he has every spell including Ultimate level luck-manipulation and Ultimate level martial arts with the ability to copy shit effortlessly and do it better than who he copied it from.
>>
>>95174451
I always figured Frodo and Bilbo and Gollum just didn't know how to use the ring's power.
>>
>>95167032
>Why would she care? Less work for her to do.
She doesn't kill people, silly. She just connects their souls. Having people dying off-schedule would definitely annoy her. She would have to collect souls when she wasn't expecting them to die.
>>
>>95166257
I mean how would Superman work with the Death note?

>Clark Kent?
Was given to him when he came to earth, its the first name given.

>Kal El?
Was given to him at birth but Krypton has it's own rules and magic that don't translate to earth.
>>
>>95174539
When I read the books, this was the impression I got. To most people, it's just a ring that turns you invisible. For someone like Gandalf or Saruman, who had great knowledge of ringlore and power in their own right, it would do much more. But only Sauron could unlock its full potential, since he infused his own essence into it and it was a part of him. One of the reasons the Council of Elrond decided against using its power for themselves was that the ring only recognizes Sauron as its master, and would dick its bearers over at the worst possible time to make its way back to Mordor.
>>
>>95174454
>Would a heart attack kill MMH? does he has an actual heart of is something he can shapeshift from any part of his body. If an alien had two hearts or no heart would the death note be able to kill them?
Death Note Rule 29 states that Death Note cannot kill anyone over the age of 124. There is a LOT of people in Marvel and DC who fits that description.
>>
Light vs Deadman is the more interesting story.
>>
batman would 100% cheat with zatanna

shit would be over in 4 issues
>>
>>95173991
That's not a sharingan.

It's a Rinnesharingan.
>>
>>95174774
>"Batman would totally win if he had help from ______"

Pretty much every Batman arc would be over in 1 issue if he had anyone superpowered worth a damn doing all of the heavy lifting.
>>
>>95173991
The big bad was aliens all along.
That's what happened.
>>
>>95174686
I did think it was weird that Isildor or whoever it was at the start of the first movie opted to make the ring into a necklace instead of putting the damn thing on.
>>
>>95168439

Injustice was as mistake
>>
>>95173004
>unless Kira is extremely prideful and wants himself to be known somehow.
Light has a god complex and wants people to know there is a person out there killing criminals, yes.

>Joker drops dead in the middle of a chase one day
Light would need to have Shinigami Eyes for that to see the Joker's real name since no one knows it, which involves giving up half his own lifespan. He wouldn't do that.
>>
>>95175333
Result is the same. It fell off his finger at a moment the Orcs were primed to kill him, it buried itself in a riverbed near a hobbit village, and it fell off Gollum's finger right as Bilbo was getting there. They even speculate that if they were to give it to Tom Bombadil for safekeeping, he would have stopped caring about it and it would have found its way to Sauron anyway
>>
>>95174516
>Doctor Strange could give him a run for his money.
>Fun fact, he has every spell including Ultimate level luck-manipulation and Ultimate level martial arts with the ability to copy shit effortlessly and do it better than who he copied it from.

So basically >>95172014, What if is a Martial art from some 4 armed alien or a blind swordmans or a boxer with long arms would he be ably to do it better?
>>
>>95159693
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8OfANX2hEw Light would be caught immediately.
>>
It literally all depends on how careless Bruce is with hiding his identity when playing the game with Light and if Light has or hasn't made the shinigami eyes deal. If Light makes the deal, Batman doesnt stand a chance because unlike L, Batman is all over the evening news with Gordon with his mask on depending on the iteration were talking about. Game over instantly.
Assuming Batman isnt doing that, and starts off in the same situation as L, he'd probably play his cards incredibly carefully but fuck up sooner than L did because he wouldn't sacrifice prisoners or other people due to morals. Because of that, he couldnt test the capacity of Kira and get an idea of how they operate. He'd be sort of at a loss unless through some dumb luck the state is just dropping names for Kira and Batman just plays observer and catches on without laying any bait.

So I'm gonna say it goes to Light unless Batman has some L-tier morals for this face off.
>>
>>95166489
That robot from the 00s Batman show did almost the same thing. That is why once you apply real world logic to superhero comics they crumble, figuring out batman´s identity with statistic and logic is like just looking at Clack Kent and just mentaly erase his glasses like any normal human being would.
>>
but seriously, bloodlusted Himura the Battousai or Brucie Boy? Who wins it?
>>
>>95175839
The shinigami eyes only work is you have a clear vision of your target face. it doesn´t automatically floats like an MMO NPC. if more that half of the face is obscured by an object or a mask the eyes don´t work in the target.
>>
>>95175839
Death Note How to Use XX
1).
In order to see the names and life spans of humans by using the eye power of the god of death, the owner must look at more than half of that person's face. When looking from top to bottom, he must look at least from the head to the nose. If he looks at only the eyes and under, he will not be able to see the person's name and life span. Also, even though some parts of the face, for example the eyes, nose or mouth are hidden, if he can basically see the whole face, he will be able to see the person's name and life span. It is still not clear how much exposure is needed to tell a person's name and life span, as this needs to be verified.
>>
>>95165832
Shinigamis aren't Death of the Endless retard
>>
>>95174564
>schedule
That doesn't exist. Stop projecting your fanfiction onto the completely (intentionally) ambiguous mythology of DotE
>>
>>95159944
Misa did the eye trade and could outright tell him.
>>
>>95175972
I know that, but if a death note is just lethal magic, there's no reason anyone that isn't above the Endless wouldn't die from it.
>>
>>95175956
Fair enough, though the rules you've just posted do say that it's still not clear how much exposure is needed. With bats, you can see at least the bottom of his face, his eyes, and from there, all it takes is one video where his mask shifts enough to expose his eyebrows I'm assuming, possibly through his eyeholes, to get around the "eyes and under rule" but still be able to clear due to the eyes being able to bypass certain parts of the face being covered, which at that point would just be like the top of his head, hair, sides and back of head, and maybe the tops of his cheeks still.

All Light would have to do is check some online videos where Bats is fighting Bane, takes a shot to the face, and watch for a mask shift.
>>
>>95159693
Batman would have the initiative just like L did. So he could fake his death before Light did anything. Then maybe he could come up with a new identity that didn't give much away.
From then on, if Light was a gotham resident, in a few days he would find it out.
>>
>>95159693
To be fair in real life by the time Light killed the CIA agents the USA would send him to guantanamo or other prission just by being a suspect.
>>
File: IMG_0977.png (2MB, 1201x2045px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0977.png
2MB, 1201x2045px
>>95160199
The fucker is retarded, he'll try to get his dick wet and get caught.
>>
>Batman finds a dead cat, claims Light did it and posts it on 4chan
>/b/ find Light within three hours
>>
>>95173714
No way worse he is going to die in all the ways he killed his victims, so if the guy got run over by a truck he is going to be run over by a truck if they jumped from a building the same would happen to him. Thats not how the manga ends thou thats a fake ending the creatord did to misslead his fans in the end of the series he got caugt and Ryuk kills him since seeing him rot in prission would be boring
>>
>>95176098
>powerful wizards and mystics can't defend themselves from other magic
>straight up saying gods like Zeus or Odin couldn't defend themselves from shinigami
retard
>>
>>95172880
Light tested it in the beginning. Someone can't do something they have no knowledge of and wouldn't be possible for them to know.
>>
>>95174311
>Gotham criminal gunned downed by 8 Japaneses teenagers in cosplay

They don't need their personas. They have guns are their not afraid to use them.
>>
>>95177193
>Joker
>Just being shot and dying
>>>/a/ Or >>>/v/ or whatever, you know nothing of plot armor
>>
>>95176313
>widely known vigilante
>widely known billionaire
>have the initiative on an unassuming student with a weapon that works with 100% anonymity
>>
File: matches malone.jpg (732KB, 992x1150px) Image search: [Google]
matches malone.jpg
732KB, 992x1150px
>everyone thinking that Bats is stupid enough to go after Light as Batman or Bruce
Matches Malone would be the one to take down Kira, infiltrating the Yakuza and squeezing police contacts.
>>
>>95173403
>I forget, can normal people even see Personas?
P1 and P2, yeah
P3, P4, and P5, nope

>What's the distinction between Stands and Personas?
Stands are fucking awesome and have unique abilities, Persona are for faggot kids now with mommy issues. Persona also have certain triggers now, P3 had dark hour(Mitsuru and Fuuka still could use there without it, so could Chidori so I don't know if it is required for them to use it), P4 needed fog and tv world, P5 needed cognitive world.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9TCfPZARIk

Batman would easily outsmart Light

Light isn't even Riddler tier
>>
>>95162504
Gotham's a shithole where every thug thinks the rich are neck deep in crime connections or part of the court of owls. I don't see them looking at Bruce as a secret hero.
>>
>>95177264
>/a/ knows nothing of plot armor
Have you never seen an anime?
>>
>>95177491
Light lives in Japan
>>
>>95177511
They certainly don't know shit about Joker's. Nigga got shot in the forehead at point blank range and lived
>>
File: P5_Goro's_Finishing_Touch.jpg (429KB, 1280x723px) Image search: [Google]
P5_Goro's_Finishing_Touch.jpg
429KB, 1280x723px
>>95174311
Joker has a change of heart because it would be extremely easy to guess his key words. Either that or Goro twists the motherfucker into a heart attack. Goro is a fucking threat because no one else knows what he can do or that he is even going to do it.
>>
File: Izuru_being_framed_by_Junko.png (2MB, 1360x765px) Image search: [Google]
Izuru_being_framed_by_Junko.png
2MB, 1360x765px
>>95174516
Guess who just became the Ultimate Sorcerer?
>>
>>95177513
Which wouldn't help him with deducing shit considering that 1) Bruce didn't come back and Batman appeared asap. He had a hard go of trying to figure out an image that would strike fear into the hearts of criminals. 2) Bruce, in a Tony Stark esque "Iron Man is my body guard, srsly) move, outed himself as having been financing Batman's war on crime. 3) Through doubles or clever makeup, Bruce has made himself and Batman simultaneously appear in public eye. One of the more hilarious instances was when he hired a blind deaf guy to wear the batman costume to throw off suspicion on him. 4) There have been several instances of Bruce being reported as unavailable or infirmed while Batman still patrolled Gotham. Most notable of which is Bane having broken Bruce's back. When Azrael went full edgelord, the regular mooks had no idea it was a new guy, only Batman's hardened rogues gallery (plus Bane) could tell it wasn't Bruce under the armor.
>>
>>95165954

I meant more like

>"I'm Gwen Poole."
>"I know you're Gwenpool, but what's your NAME?"
>"Gwen Poole."
>"Fuck you."
>>
>>95165202
>A giant yellow bat symbol instead of his name.
That's so fucking stupid that it's actually pretty funny.
>>
>>95166917
>I heard the second season of the anime is trash
Don't take your opinions from 4chan.
I loved it.
>>
>>95177965
Really? The author couldn't think of where to go after L died, so he just replaced him with "totally not L". Shit would have been way better if it was just Mellow.
>>
>>95178009
Yea Baby's first L a shit. Candy Twink was far superior.
>>
>>95159944
But would he ever think to use his real name?

It's Batman
>>
>>95178009
>>95178050

I liked Near because he was just a dick to everyone it was really satisfying how bluntly honest he was, especially his last speech to light.
>>
>>95160143
>L calls himself "L"
But does he think of himself as L?
Was that L's birth name that Rem wrote? How do you know it was his /birth/ name that she wrote?
What if L, or anyone for that matter, legally changes their name? Would that name not work?
The Death Note never clarifies what name is needed and Death Gods have eyes that can see names.
You're making assumptions about rules that Death Gods never needed to think about.
>>
File: IMG_8175.jpg (1MB, 5000x1880px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8175.jpg
1MB, 5000x1880px
>>95164048
>>
>>95178581
>Supes so traumatized by his ass whuppin he ends up having to get someone else to kill Alfred.
>>
>>95178419
>my name's jebediah but you can call me jeb
>but do you think of yourself as jeb?
>>
>>95178239
Near literally got Light paranoid just by calling up his phone and saying "whoops wrong number".
Near decided to have money be thrown out of a airplane just to distract a crowd so his team could escape.
Near's entire last speech to Light, especially in the manga with him telling Light basically boiling down to "I don't care about whatever morales god may has; it's just that my team thinks you're a deadly cunt."

Say what you want about Near, the little fucker was still quite enjoyable to watch.
>>
>>95177965
Its trash because Near is discount L.

They also gloss over some of the shit from the manga. Made it seemed rushed. Plus the ending from the manga >>>>>> Anime ending. They gave light a far more dignified ending than he deserved.
>>
>>95179165
Anime ending made him out to be a messiah, dying like a martyr in the strangest way.

Manga ending made him a human, it showed a lack of dignity that brought him all the way back down to what he truly is. I don't even mean that in a negative way, in that moment he was just a human, the same as his victims. No power, no pride, no complex, no plans. You saw a flashback of how badly he had degraded per how he started out. Plus that last revelation in the manga where there's no heaven or hell, you go nowhere when you die. hit like a brick in its own way. Made it feel even more like nothing he did mattered, and there was no real retribution. Despite killing thousands or more, he suffered for only a few seconds and it ended.

The anime ending is why I can't ever recommend the anime to someone, despite it being okay aside from that.
>>
>>95160324
i thinks this anon nailed.
also whit the resourses of batman, and a lot os statisticall tricks i think batman can trace Kira to his perfecture
Thread posts: 512
Thread images: 48

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.