[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

lol what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 13

File: bcc_011.jpg (90KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
bcc_011.jpg
90KB, 630x420px
Regarding the whole "social justice" replacement of other characters, won't it be a generally better thing to just make your own characters? Taking a theoretical situation like fucking Deadpool randoming turning black, and woman, with leukemia, and fucking gay wouldn't be social justice nor diversity. It would just be "hack". Making original characters AND having them not -in-your-face about how fucking muslim they are is the easiest and most efficient way to solve this issue.
>>
>>95156997
Black Robin actually has nice design. They should keep him as a seperate character and call him "The Crow"
>>
No, new characters don't sell. The point is to force collectorfags into supporting the book long enough that the new character becomes known and gains fans so they can get their own book with a new name when the original comes back that won't be an immediate stealth mini. The other method of doing this is seeding a character in a team book first, but no one reads team books either right now.
>>
>>95156997
No one reads books about new characters and comics are a dying medium that can barely support their existing titles as is.

Also, what is the limit of "in your face"? Just having a character who belongs to a minority but not actually having the character encounter any sort of experiences or whatever that are typical for members of that minority seems like you'd just be making them to show people that you totally do have these types of characters but not that you're interested in telling stories that they find relateable.

To use a subculture as an example it would be like having a comic with the first Gamer Superhero (TM) but aside from looking kind of dorky they don't actually talk about or reference games ever.
>>
>>95157081
Nevermind. Theirs actually a bird called "Black Robin." Yeah, just call him that kek
>>
>>95156997
We've been through this , new characters and concepts is fucking for capeshit. If they we're a bunch of brown, black, or Asian derivatives, they'd just be white ones, like the four other Hulk and the four other Robins
>>
>>95157199
*weren't
>>
>>95156997
>>95157017
Do you even read Ms. Marvel?
>>
File: 1497914684302.gif (2MB, 320x228px) Image search: [Google]
1497914684302.gif
2MB, 320x228px
>>95157184
>general political beliefs and social happenings should be kept an arms length away from comics.
Jesus fucking Christ, this genre is childish enough without dumbfuck like you trying to make it even more infantile. Even fucking Arthur can have some degree of social happening.

Hell, all of the mediums most fondly remember pieces are chalked full of politically commentary.
>>
>>95157269
>They
Who the fuck is they? Because chances are if it isn't Marvel or DC related, then the original creator made the change or authorized it since it was most likely creator owned.
>>
>>95156997
Who is the one in the first pic?
>>
First of all "we" do. It's not "our" fault that you don't know shit about Mielstone. It's not our fault you've never heard of Brotherman.
All the swaps you whine about are being done by white dudes like Bendis, for that matter, for other guilty white dudes. "We"' are sitting on the sidelines laughing at both of you idiots and waiting for you to die off so that we can get a chance to push our shit.
>>
WOW WHAT AN ORIGINAL COMPLAINT
>>
>>95157459

This sounds like you're reading off memes or cherrypicked images. You probably don't even read comics and you sound very childish based on your other posts.
>>
>>95156997
This Robin looks like a girl.
>>
>>95157538
Hey if you don't want to be called out on being a dumb shit that doesn't read comics maybe don't make a thread crying >WHY DOESN'T THING EXIST
If you'd been here for more than six months you'd know the name Dwayne McDuffie, or at least that of his most famous creation. Oh but wait that's probably just "pandering" right?
>>
some of the best non-cape comics have been politically charged
>>
wade did have leukemia and is gay already
fake fan
>>
>>95156997

Jesus Christ.
Please get off tumblr.
>>
>>95158014
>non-cape
good luck convincing any of the underage here to read that
>>
>>95158014
But they haven't made epic action movies based on them that I can mindlessly meme about on /tv/, so they don't count.
>>
>>95158378
>I'm a teenage crossposter whose knowledge of comic books comes from random out of context Big 2 pages posted on my Facebook groups
>If I don't know something exists, it's obscure

Laughing my lmao off
>>
>>95158378
>>i only read the most obscure comic books
>Static
>Obscure
I get it, I really do. I mean sure he had two series and a TV show and cameos out the wazoo, but hey, that's not enough to trickle to the board you came from so it must not exist right?
>>
>>95156997
Trill League looks fucking awesome. He should've done a Hispanic portal master named Coyote, or a stoner parody of Mister Miracle (because by and large you can tell when shit goes south when the stoner makes his escape).
>>
>>95157462
Don't say "we". You don't speak for me.
>>
>>95158406
He finds Cable arousing at the very least if not outright wanting to fuck him. This is fact.
>>
Introduce new diverse characters on team books. Have well-known characters on the team to draw in the old readers, and throw in some new diverse ones. See: Giant-Size X-men. Readers will learn to love the new characters if they're worthy.
>>
>>95156997
>Deadpool
>With leukemia
Deadpool already has cancer, it's entire point of the character.

Also the idea is that minority characters generally are quickly killed off and discarded never to be seen again, so if you 'race lift' an exisiting well beloved character, you give them a better chance of staying.

When done well, the idea is that the character is exactly the same as the one you love, just black.
When it's done badly, it's - well, it's Black Wally West.
>>
>>95158634
Or they'll just throw a tantrum when Cyborg is in Justice League.
>>
>>95158634
>People do this
>Threads everywhere whining about tokenism
>>
>>95158660
>meme motor-boating his robochest in a game
Read a comic faggot instead of playing mediocre garbage. And eat shit for not addressing the other anon's point about you not knowing who the fuck Static is.
>>
>>95158660
>in a game
>ignoring all the time Pool was turbogay in comic
Well, you sure proven yourself to be a hell of a fake fan.
Now begone, summer. We read comics on this board.
>>
>>95158660
Deadpool being insecure as fuck in his sexuality has been both a character trait and a source of humor since Kelly you /tv/ subhuman. There are literally entire pages in C&D dedicated to him daydreaming about Cable and being in denial about it.
>>
File: 1478121182283.jpg (62KB, 585x467px) Image search: [Google]
1478121182283.jpg
62KB, 585x467px
>>95158634
I have a better idea, how about we stop injecting minorities into fucking everything for the sake of injecting minorities into it
>>
>>95158673
The problem there Cyborg wasn't new.
He had a team of liked characters that he worked well with.
They took him out of that environment and made him a security guard/chauffeur, diminishing his importance and position.
>>
File: 4785145.gif (2MB, 361x281px) Image search: [Google]
4785145.gif
2MB, 361x281px
Jesus Christ how many times does this need to be explained? You cant just make up a new character and expect fans to latch on to them overnight. No, the best one can hope for is introducing them as a supporting character, hope they get traction, and then give them a book if popularity warrants it. Why in the fuck do you think they called Jane Foster "Thor"? Because Thor is a marketable name. But regardless, the shit Marvel has pulled over the last few years has made readers somewhat adamant towards lazy diversity quotas. Readers dont even give a shit about that kind of thing, they just want interesting and well written characters
>>
>>95159073
Get the fuck out OP. You've shown you know fuck all about comics.
>>
>>95158634

How about making new stories with new characters and new teams.
>>
>>95159073
What in the fuck are you on about? What Im saying is originality only gets you so far, a fanbase takes time to get built. And no, real comic readers dont give a shit about skin color, they want characters, not fucking preachy mouthpieces.
>>
File: 0 Dollars.jpg (19KB, 600x597px) Image search: [Google]
0 Dollars.jpg
19KB, 600x597px
>>95159278
And those sales numbers are really paying off, arent they?
>>
>>95159243
>I read comics
No you don't. You've shown you have neither read Deadpool or Static. And you've given no indication to suggest you read anything else besides the things that seem to piss you off.
>>
>>95159410
You're a fucking idiot who can't read if that's what you gathered from his post
>>
I'm creating a team comic. In all of the designs, none of them are black. I feel like I would be forced to make one of them black just so people don't complain. I'm not sure what to do.
>>
File: 1503192581443.jpg (20KB, 370x362px) Image search: [Google]
1503192581443.jpg
20KB, 370x362px
I know OP is a trolling, attention seeking namefag but I can't help but feel hes actually mad about no one agreeing with him.
>>
>>95159340
I have done nothing this entire thread but name examples. Your implication that I don't read comics or do jack shit than latch on is damage control at its finest. I have indulged in comic book media by the 100s. You have not right to claim, or even use the fact that I "alledgely" don't read comics as evidence to promote the bullshitery currently going on in the industry. Until theres some inbetween of the extremes "woo hoo look at me im not white" and being a fucking piece wet of wood in terms of character thought process, then THERE IS A PROBLEM.
>>
>>95159473
What's the team composition then if I may ask?
>>
File: 1452744610328.gif (515KB, 400x308px) Image search: [Google]
1452744610328.gif
515KB, 400x308px
>>95159583
I said NAMEFAGGING, not tripfagging. So now we've established that you're not only an idiot and a attention whore, but a stupid newfag too. And what I meant was clearly the quality of those books leave much to be desired if next to no one is reading them. But do keep going, faggot
>>
>>95159578
6 characters. 4 white, 1 asian, 1 alien.
>>
>>95159789
Describe the alien?
>>
>>95159959
Female. Green skin, pink/purple hair. THICC.
>>
>>95160027
>pink/purple hair
Short or long? But I meant more as in how humanoid she is.
>>
File: wowwhatagay.gif (498KB, 500x270px) Image search: [Google]
wowwhatagay.gif
498KB, 500x270px
>>95160027
Give her an A F R O
or floofhair
>>
>>95160064
Short hair. Very humanoid except for antennae.
>>
>>95160142
So like Mina from BnHa but with green skin? Can you post some drafts?
>>
>>95160159
Never seen that character, but somewhat similar. No drafts on this computer. Image (not mine) is a close approximation.
>>
File: 1498508943186.png (501KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1498508943186.png
501KB, 640x480px
>>95157184

>in general political beliefs and social happenings should be kept an arms length away from comics.

The problem isn't that politics and social commentary are included in comics. The problem is that a lot of the people writing about politics and making the social commentaries are fucking terrible writers that don't understand politics or the social issues they're attempting to discuss. Bad writing is the #1 thing wrong with comics, not "social justice" or minority characters. Characters like Miles and America are bad or bland because they're written by untalented hacks, first and foremost.
>>
>>95158902
>They took him out of that environment and made him a security guard/chauffeur, diminishing his importance and position.
Cyborg was reduced to the team mom/guardian and the tower's security system before the New52. In the cartoon, he was just the BOOYAH guy who got cucked by Kid Flash.
>>
>>95158183
underage don't read comics
>>
File: 1500585733273.gif (2MB, 460x259px) Image search: [Google]
1500585733273.gif
2MB, 460x259px
Are you a faggot by any chance?
>>
File: 1495696612733.jpg (43KB, 564x800px) Image search: [Google]
1495696612733.jpg
43KB, 564x800px
What happens when they replace a replacement with a more diverse character?
>>
>>95158983
>being a cock sucker
Fuck off. The reason they just hamfist these things in is because they don't wanna bother being original and creative, its easier to just swap out an already established name with someone else to shamelessly reboot and sell more. People like you are cancerous for supporting it.
>>
>>95157081
Hopefully his name's not James
>>
>>95156997
Because they wouldn't be able to destroy something other value. That's how cultural marxism works. Instead of creating something new of their own like Icon, Rocket, and Static, failing and trying again until they get something gud they require that they devalue or destroy something other people value in the name of some lofty or pretentious ideal like "progressiveness" or "diversity", which in this case is what white people who have created a majority of these beloved characters value. They won't make their own characters because that actually takes hard work, trial and error, failure, and even competition, which these cultural marxists despise.
>>
>>95156997
People are doing that but they suck as much as the lazy raceswap characters because Marvel sucks and comics are already one niche ass industry so pumping out multiple new poorly written characters with no personality aside from being blacm and expecting readers to love them and giving them solos is monumentally more stupid and detrimental to this industry than it would be to any other. The way to solve this issue would to be to stop fucking making them and develop pre-existing minority characters or just keep it contained to the movies/TV series/animated series since they can actually handle the fallout and the general fan rage/disengagement.
>>
Why is OP being a faggot so recklessly, is he genuinely mad?
>>
>>95156997
I know I'm going to get shit for this but one of the things I like about moon girl is that her race or gender is never brought up and it's just people shitting on her for being like 9, which makes sense since she's targeted at little kids who would feel that way.
>>
>>95166074
It's almost as if people complaining about her haven't read the comic and don't actually read comics in general.
>>
>>95159789
lemma guess asian tech guy
>>
>>95156997
Who is that chick on the right?
>>
>>95157199
Yet not years ago DC pulled it off with Cass for a while. Lucked out that a new character managed to stick?
>>
>>95158780
X-Men used to have a fucking burka wearing girl and no one gave two shits about it.
>>
>>95156997
Grow up.
>>
>>95160867

In the cartoon he had an entire seasonal arc devoted to him and was shown to have enough willpower to literally break reality (albeit under specific circumstances).
>>
>>95166083
>>95166074

She's fine in her own book (even if child geniuses have been overplayed for decades and she doesn't really do anything new that hasn't already been done before), but she tends to be insufferable in other books.

Actually, that seems to be the case with a lot of these new characters. Except America. America is somehow worse in her own book than elsewhere.
>>
>>95166351

What has Dust been up to lately anyway?
>>
>>95168805
Gee, it's almost as if characters are good when written by good writers and bad when written by bad writers and this has always been true but casuals who don't read comics (i.e. the OP) are massive characterfags and don't understand this.
>>
>>95166145
Nope, and the asian is not a martial artist either.
>>
>>95166280
No, they made her Batgirl.

She has 'Bat' in front of her name.

That's why. That's the whole reason.
>>
>>95162533
Oh cute, he's ban evading now
>>
>>95166280
She's fucking Batgirl, you dipshit.
>>
File: 1504792710367.png (76KB, 235x235px) Image search: [Google]
1504792710367.png
76KB, 235x235px
>be black
>make OC
>it doesn't sell
>steal whitey's characters and make them black
>they don't sell

Wow it's like black people aren't interesting or likeable
>>
>>95164451
I have a question. Do you browse /pol/?
>>
>>95168959
Do you think faggots like OP even realize that comics have writers. They're just here because their twitter feed told them to come here and cry about cultural marxism and chem trails.
>>
>>95156997
>better thing to just make your own characters?
But new characters just for pandering social groups never sell well, so is better replace and force diversity
>>
>>95168805
>d she doesn't really do anything new that hasn't already been done before
Devil Dino is a QT and I found her likable enough. Shes very much meant for little kids to enjoy which makes a lot of sense. I can see why shes popular among them. Its just a shame that so many people got butthurt over the advertisement of her
>>
>>95156997
Black raven is a cute twink
>>
>>95166229
Seriously, who is the person on the right?
>>
>>95157081
underrated
>>
>>95156997
>Taking a theoretical situation like fucking Deadpool randoming turning black, and woman, with leukemia, and fucking gay wouldn't be social justice nor diversity. It would just be "hack".

How about if you just changed species instead - turned him into a duck maybe?
Thread posts: 89
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.