[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't they actually try to make reboots good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1501844991797.png (128KB, 500x522px) Image search: [Google]
1501844991797.png
128KB, 500x522px
Why don't they actually try to make reboots good?
>>
>>95156967
They try to make something that bother appeals to the general audience AND old fans. But they just end up making a mess.
>>
>>95156967
Anyone making a remake has already proven that they lack the creativity to capture something original.
>>
If they cared about quality they'd make something original instead of rehashing something to pander to nostalgia.
>>
>>95156967
because the concept of a reboot in itself lacks originality and limits the creator's ability to write stories that won't just trigger the fanbase of the OS. hence why we get 'not muh' threads here on a near daily basis.
>>
File: 195.jpg (12KB, 195x195px) Image search: [Google]
195.jpg
12KB, 195x195px
The girl in OP's pic is HOT!
>>
Reboots are just lazier sequels.

With a sequel you try to come up with an original plot that expands on the successful movie while trying to capture the essence of what drew people to the original.

While a reboot is just giving people the thing they liked before with very little changed. It can be comforting, but even with higher production values it's not going to surpass the thing it's based on.

The only thing worse is a prequel because that's a story you don't care about.
>>
>>95157031
>implying the creators aren't just being hired by suits 99% of the time
>implying creativity even matters in the entertainment industry
>>
>>95156967
>saving pictures of women acting out memes/trends/emojis
die you fucking scumbag
>>
>>95157111
>The only thing worse is a prequel because that's a story you don't care about.

doesn't it kinda depend on the story?
>>
>>95157392
Why?
>>
>>95157464
Most of the time you don't care because the ending is a forgone conclusion, and if there was something interesting to tell there it would have been in the original work. Often when a work is created, though is given to eventual sequels, but it's rare for a work to be created with a prequel in mind.
>>
>>95156967
In many cases they try but that doesn't mean that they will always succeed.

Look at Voltron: Legendary Defender and the new Ducktales reboots. Both could be considered rare successes.
>>
>>95156967
If they cared about what they were making they probably wouldn't be making a reboot.
>>
>>95157780
>Ducktales reboot
it's acceptable
>>
>>95157064
its tickles
>>
>>95157064
*THOT
ftfy
>>
>>95157772
I agree mostly, although I can see why certain stories don't really fit well in the original story.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.