[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rango

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

File: rango.jpg (197KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
rango.jpg
197KB, 1920x1080px
Is it kino?
>>
Yes.
>>
File: spirit_of_the_west.jpg (19KB, 853x357px) Image search: [Google]
spirit_of_the_west.jpg
19KB, 853x357px
>>95152692
It's fantastic.
>>
>>95152692
Yes obviously.

It feels like the worlds forgetting it too quickly.
>>
>>95152692
It's a great movie, but please leave the /tv/ memes on /tv/.
>>
>>95153141
>>95153192
>>95153224
Why do you think so?
>>
>>95153291
I'd have to give the movie a rewatch to give you a really in-depth answer, but from what I remember it had a good balance of its humors, never too dark but never overly goofy, and managed to balance being a western and being a cartoon very well. I thought Rango's character arc was really good too. Clint Eastwood doesn't hurt either.
>>
File: AltY1pw.gif (877KB, 245x223px)
AltY1pw.gif
877KB, 245x223px
>>95152692
"Kino" is just a way to say that something looks intersting, but is shit on every other aspect.

So no, its not kino, it can be fantastic as this anon pointed out >>95153141 it can be a great movie like this other one said >>95153291
>>
The last time Hollywood made a good western.
>>
>>95153291
Great animation and art style, great cinematography, great (albeit cliched) story, fantastic characters and one of the best villains in not just animation but possibly westerns.

Simply put it's a film that wasn't just a great work of animation but a great western and an absolute love letter to the nearly forgotten genre. As far as I can tell or remember we've only gotten two truly great westerns in the 2000's: The True Grit reboot and this film right here.
>>
>>95152692
It's a very good film. Probably my favourite Western. The one complaint I have with it is the way the mayor wears his shirt. Every time I watch it, every scene with him in it, it's in the back of my mind.
>>
>>95153446
I thought kino meant a classic filled with lazy tropes being pulled off ok
>>
>>95154999
Doesn't Kino mean when something is epically cinematic because Rango sure is.
>>
>>95155045
we probably fell into a meme buzzword trap, but yeah, rango is fucking great
>>
>>95153405
you know it's not actually Clint Eastwood as Clint Eastwood, right
>>
File: 1466235137822.jpg (62KB, 389x365px)
1466235137822.jpg
62KB, 389x365px
>>95152692
It's good, so no.
>>
>>95152692
Good movie. It has its issues, but I honestly think it's one of the best animated films we got out of this decade.
>>
File: wNP21[1].jpg (105KB, 639x478px)
wNP21[1].jpg
105KB, 639x478px
I think I had seen like three animated movies before it with the plot of humans stealing water that it was just meh.
Also that one reptile chick that was the only character with creepy human lips reminded me of that Invasion of the Bunny Snatchers short.

All the other characters looked really good though.
>>
>>95155705
The humans weren't stealing the water. The animals were leeching off Vegas for decades. The Mayor just turned the shut off valve to artificially induce drought.
>>
Rattlesnake Jake is one of my all time favorite antagonists ever.
>>
/tv/ here, I just want to clear something up since there seems to be confusion.

Kino simultaneously means something that is genuinely really good that you like, and something really bad that you like.

Basically if you like it, it's Kino. For example "Avatar the Last Airbender is Kino" or "Night of the Were Ed is Kino"

Kino can also be used as a suffix, to denote the reason or way something is Kino. For example "Raven is grey ass Kino" or "Is Rugrats baby Kino?"
>>
>>95155975
Actually it's just a multi-stage permuation of cinema, like kek is for lol.

It's cinema > cine > kino

You're a newfag.
>>
>>95155975
>>95156108
It's retarded either way and /tv/ needs to fuck off and/or die
>>
>>95156108
No Kino is German for a cinema or movie theater, it's not a word 4chan invented.
>>
>>95156108
I'm talking about modern usage, you know the usable kind?

Also Kino is German for film, it isn't a linguistical corruption of Cine like Lol > Lul > Lel > Kek

You're the newfag, newfag.
>>
>>95156171
I'm aware, i just mean that's the course it went, after people started discussing 'levels' of cinema. If you say it though, you're new. It's a bad meme.
>>
>>95152692
It was rather forgettable, wasn't it? It's not a bad movie by any means, just not something that stays with you.
>>
File: IMG_3339.png (166KB, 356x541px)
IMG_3339.png
166KB, 356x541px
>>95153511
>>
>>95152692
i didn't like Rango. but honestly if there was a sequel or spinoff starring the rattlesnake villain, i'd probably watch it
>>
Hell yeah, could've done without the psychedelic living cactus' but whatever.
>>
>>95156209
>gets called out
>moves goalposts of newness

It's clear i've been here for at least a reasonable amount of time, I only crossboarded culture to clarify a mistake a few anons were making.

Also, Rango is certified Kinography.
>>
>>95155045
Nope.

Kino was created on TV as ironic mockery of things that look flashy, but are shit on every other way. Snydercucks them showed up from reddit, and thought that it was a complement.
>>
>>95152692
It's one of the very few animated films that deserved the Oscar it won. It's not "Kino", the movie was just a very great film that everyone could enjoy, especially those that love westerns.
>>
>>95155975
Get out and take MCU/CW threads with you.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.