[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lets say near the end of A:TLA either Katara or Sokka had to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

Lets say near the end of A:TLA either Katara or Sokka had to die for dramatic tension, which one woulf you chose to hit the bucket and why>
>>
>>95140030
I feel like Sokka would have been better and cooler in this situation.

>>95140043
The question has nothing to do with that fag. If anything, it would be better for him to die because he is so liked.
>>
>>95140030

Sokka because he didn't really do much down the stretch besides lose his weapons and him getting killed by some random Fire Nation scrub would have given some weight to the events. Plus it would have lead to Toph going absolutely berserk.

Meanwhile Azula successfully killing Katara would have ruined Zuko's character arc.
>>
>>95140279
>Meanwhile Azula successfully killing Katara would have ruined Zuko's character arc
no it wouldn't

>muh pottery at Zuko saving someone
He had already saved them a bunch of times.
>>
Sokka though I'd rather have Suki so my Tokka ship lives.
>>
>>95140030
You know goddamn well it would've been Sokka.

Katara was love interest, and a girl. Harming/killing a girl would have spiked their age rating. It's very hard to depict violence against women in western media without going above a pg-13, it's just how our rating system works (IE, not well)

Sokka on the other hand is the bro, the comic relief, already contributed by planning, and had JUST had a big arc showing he could be useful to the team and how much everyone valued him. If anything, Sokka was waving fucking death flags.

It would have been Sokka.
>>
>>95140030
Sokka, purely because Toph didn't win the Sokkabowl.
Though.. if Katara dies, Sokka will blame himself for not being there and Zuko/Azula. Seeing him broken an attempting to become the greatest warrior to enact just vengeance against Azula(and Zuko for sparing her), would be cool.
>>
File: Fire Mistress Azula.jpg (64KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Fire Mistress Azula.jpg
64KB, 960x720px
>>95140030
Why not both?
>>
>>95140030
Katara pls. I actually like Sokka. But for legitimate narrative reasons Katara's death would have more weight. An immense portion of the story is dedicated to Aang's feelings for her, and there was the whole thing about choosing between her and the Avatar state. It would also test his ability to forgive, or at least stick to his principles about not murdering the shit out of people no matter how cartoonishly evil they are. Imagine the final fight if Aang actually kind of really wanted to kill Ozai. Everyone pushing him to do it, and wanting to do it himself, it would add an extra bittersweet layer of triumph and cost to his victory. And my bro Sokka lives to fuck bitches another day.

Knowing Bryke, it would be cheap though.
>>
Katara, mainly because Sokka would be so devastated that he wouldn't be able to function for a bit, and then we he recovered he'd be one hell of a warrior.
>>
Le's imagine both are girls.
Which one dies?
>>
Katara a little after Aang confessed to her and she pulled away. could have her dieing really seem like his fault, and even cause a rift when Sokka blames him for it, He carries it with him and dies old and alone, The Last Airbender
>>
>>95141144
Still Sokka because Katara was love interest
>>
Aang should have died to make space for watercest.
>>
Sokka is more of a "noble sacrifice to save the day" character than Katara.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.