[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I love you...Orel.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 9

File: IMG_3632.jpg (32KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3632.jpg
32KB, 400x300px
I love you...Orel.
>>
Hard to believe the guy who made this would later create High School USA and Rick and Morty...
>>
> fuck up so badly that not even the guy who was willing to sacrifice your son to Satan wants you
>>
Has there even been a more loathsome and difficult to sympathise with character?
>>
>>95132847
i actually can relate to clay pretty well even tho my father was exactly like him and im now counting the days until he dies
>>
>>95132847
no, I just watched the hunting trip episodes and its the most grueling 22 minutes in cartoon history.
>>
>>95132932
>glug glug glug
>>
File: die.jpg (17KB, 246x336px) Image search: [Google]
die.jpg
17KB, 246x336px
>>95131416
>[Guitar Kicks in]
>"I am drowning, there is no sign of land"
>>
>>95132847
I sympathize with Clay. He's a total fuck up, but I like to imagine that he'd be slightly less of a train wreck if he'd aligned with someone that balanced his shittiness out instead of multiplying it. The one I hated most of all was Bloberta. Clay was a miserable piece of weak pathetic garbage but she was an insidious predator. I think that no matter who she got her hooks in, she'd have worn them down and made them like Clay is, unless they were strong enough to tear her off and get away from her. Clay obviously was not and that's his biggest fault. Too much of a weakling.
>>
File: 8464010.jpg (20KB, 500x405px) Image search: [Google]
8464010.jpg
20KB, 500x405px
clay did nothing wrong
>>
>>95132847
His wife?
>>
>The episode where they finally reveal Clay's "stinking, dead-end, job"
There are few times that a cartoon has made my jaw hit the floor.

But that single moment made me shit a brick.
>>
>>95134258
Yeah that was pretty surprising I'll admit.
>>
>"Let me tell you something Oral. *drinks booze* Drunk....is......nature!"
>>
>>95134896
Too real.
>>
>>95134258
I had that surprise spoiled by reading the wiki page for it...
>>
>>95133013
>He's a total fuck up
he shot his son and blamed his son.
>>
>>95135342
Yes, and that's fucked up. He is a shitty human being. Is there some other point you were trying to make?
>>
>>95135377
That someone has sympathy for him.
>>
>>95135404
Do you think Bloberta is better or worse than Clay?
>>
>>95135404
He's a tragic wimp that made every wrong decision possible. If you'd rather white knight for Orel than show any interest in Clay as a character that's your prerogative.
>>
>>95135508
>>95135520
I guess I came off the wrong way, that previous anon had sympathy for the guy. I was fucking wondering why the fuck anyone would? Also Bloberta is terrible too.
>>
Did everybody forget Beforel Orel? Clay's blueprints were set in stone from his own childhood due to his own father.
>>
>>95135570
In asking my question I didn't mean to beget an either or scenario wherein Bloberta or Clay is the "bad one," I was just curious as to what your opinions were.

You are aware that you can have sympathy for a person regardless of if you like them or not, right?

Clay is not a good person, but he was a victim too. He suffered/suffers too. His abusiveness doesn't excuse these facts.
>>
>>95135651
I really wish we got the second half of season three. I would have loved to see Clay's dad again.
>>
>>95135570
That was me. I can understand hating Clay, but he does have my sympathy. He's powerless and pathetic and he did everything wrong, so I pity him. Bloberta is soul sucking anchor, so I pity his misfortune of running into her.

I feel sorry for Orel as well, but apparently he was tough enough to rise above his shitty situation, unlike his father, and he was lucky enough not to get caught up with a woman like his mother. There are things to feel good about in regards to Orel, there are none in regards to Clay.
>>
>>95135730
I agree. He meant everything to Orel.
>>
>>95135730
second
>>
>>95132847
I kinda swung wildly between hating Clay and pitying him. He's a horrible asshole, but he's so completely broken and miserable that I felt sorry for him.
>>
>>95133013
but when you go into his past it showed he was always a piece of shit, despite his dad trying his best and his mom's at fault for a lot, but clay has always been the one who was a terrible person.

it was two terrible people who hid behind being good. i completely agree with everything you wrote about bloberta.
>>
>>95132847
I both love and sympathise with Clay. Perhaps you had meant to post about thotberta?
>>
>>95134258
i dont get it. once youre the Mayor, you can't go up?
>>
File: orel.png (436KB, 909x612px) Image search: [Google]
orel.png
436KB, 909x612px
>>95131516
Dino didn't make Rick and Morty, I'm pretty sure.
>>
>>95131516
>>95136079
It was the same studio, Starburn, butbnot the same creator.
>>
clay is arguably the most loathsome, pathetic, self destructive and manipulative character I've ever seen, and yet there's points I feel bad for him. that's proof of truly fantastic writing
take the whole Sacrifice rant, it's clear that he knows he's a pathetic waste, his marriage sucks, and he keeps hurting those around him, but he can't bring himself to fix any of it because he's too spiteful, he's too weak, he's just too broken at this point

>>95135651
his father ultimately became better and he could have too

>>95136037
yeah, that's kinda the joke
>>
>>95136037
There's no escape from Moralton.
>>
>>95136130
Oh, word. That makes more sense then.
>>95134896
>It's just that, when he drinks, he changes.
>Oh, he doesn't change Orel. That's just his true nature coming out.
>>
Am I the only one who knows of the missing episodes where orel grandpa died and his dad hid his last letter because it was all about orel and as a joke orel becomes emo, it was gonna be made but ya know adult swim decided to be a jew
>>
>>95136263
Yup. They were going to expand upon the weird relationship between Clay and Ms. Censordoll too.
>>
>>95136037
He could but he won't. He could aim higher than small town mayor, but he'd rather complain. He could leave his wife, but he'd rather get black out drunk. Because Clay's a bitch.

He doesn't like his job as mayor but now he's stuck with it. Just like he's stuck with his wife, just like he's stuck with his kids, just like he was stuck with his father, just like he's stuck in general. And as much as he muses and whines about it all, he's fine with that.
>>
>>95136287
>Bloberta having an affair with Officer Papermouth
>Mrs. Papermouth loses weight
>Mrs. Sculptham has a child
so many good episode ideas
>>
Brainlet here. What did the blue heron symbolize? Anything?
>>
File: thumbnail_24152.jpg (131KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
thumbnail_24152.jpg
131KB, 400x300px
Can someone explain to me the whole egg theme that persisted throughout the show? It completely flew over my head.
>>
>>95136927
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tqqvgDRIzM

here's a little video that goes in detail about it
>>
>>95136945
Wasn't really throughout the show, mainly just for a few characters. I haven't watched the show in a while so feel free to correct me if I get something wrong.
Censordoll had a weird love/hate relationship with them if I remember correctly. She's infertile, so she enjoys the idea of unfertilized chicken eggs that'll never produce offspring. At the same time, they basically come from chicken cunts, making them unclean for the fundamentalist front she keeps up. And Clay basically has a massive Oedipus complex.
>>
>We will never see Miss Censordoll become a god tier villain

Why did this show get cancelled? I wanted to see the Moralton takeover episode so bad.
I wanted to see more of her creepy relationship with Clay too.
>>
fuck this was brutal.
>>
>>95137086
>Why did this show get cancelled?
Because the coat hanger abortion of a rape baby was to dark for Adult Swim
>>
File: feelsbadman.png (253KB, 403x574px) Image search: [Google]
feelsbadman.png
253KB, 403x574px
Posting this for truth.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEzEifQdbfQ
>>
Did any of y'all watch it while it was airing? I remember seeing a few episodes but never getting too into the show.

The only season three episode I saw live was Honor.
>>
>>95137388
I watched it as it aired. was pretty great
I didn't expect it to end as early as it did, though
>>
File: 1379900978056s.jpg (182KB, 960x735px) Image search: [Google]
1379900978056s.jpg
182KB, 960x735px
>>95134896
Nature part 2 was the first episode of Moral Orel I watched. I was 14 when it came out and I was eager to watch more AS shows. Previews made it seem funny. Drunk people are funny, right?

Ten years later I still feel a bit of shock at seeing what I saw. I wasn't expecting a depressing depiction of an alcoholic father abusing his child
>>
>>95136037
>you can't go up?
It's that he despises Moralton so much that being in charge of it IS the stinking dead end job.

The fact that he hates what is essentially the most prestigious position a person could have in that town really drives home his point.
>>
>>95131416
every time I hear the phrase a "why not?" I cant help but think of bloberta

>Like a trashcan fire in a prison cell
Like the searchlights in the parking lots of hell
I will walk down to the end with you
If you will come all the way down with me
>>
>>95137086
>>95137153
>>95137920
I'd like to see something of a remake.

but with the series having a "smoother"-escalation narrative-wise.

the use of camera-work was really quite well done, that might be an advantage claymation has over others.

>>95137388
>>95137515
I think the problem was Adult Swim didn't know what to do with what they had.

it was a channel for "stoners" or "college kids", and having a show with extremely dark (like "cavern"-dark where you can't see your hand an inch from your face) was just too much especially for the time.

the show had begun with refuge in audacity, but it's sudden serious turns really might've made advertisers and executives nervous.
>>
>>95132900
What he do in general that made him as bad as Clay, which is pretty fucking bad
>>
>>95138030
The story I've heard is that the suits loved Nature and asked Dino and crew to make more episodes like it. Hence season 3 ended up being the way it was. It scared them so much that they cancelled it.
>>
>>95138030
it was mostly Mike Lazzo from what I've heard
he loved the show, but only the earlier episodes where it had some dark undertones, but where Orel was ultimately oblivious to his shitty situations
>>95138220
pretty much this
>>
>>95138030
>Lazzo wrote me after reading the episode "Numb" and said, "There's only one joke in this script." I wrote him back, tongue-in-cheek, and said "Well, tell me where the joke is and I'll take it out." He said, "Well, I hope they get funnier." And they do.

But then I delivered a rough cut of "Alone" [in which the character Bloberta mutilates herself] and then delivered him a follow-up script called "Raped." He read it and said, "That's it; I gotta pull the plug." It was really a one-two-three punch, but "Alone" is what did it.
>>
>>95138342
>>95138364
see they didn't understand what they had,

they were on the "dark comedy" train, (and to be fair that's what the show had been up to the 2nd season finale), but had they gone all in they could've really pushed "adult-oriented animation" as a thing.
>>
>>95138364
It's actually difficult to me to sit through Numb, especially further into the episode. Just the idea of Bloberta, even if she's a claymation puppet, taking a powertool to her vag. Phew...
>>
>>95137388
I was about 10 or 11 and tuning in to Adult Swim on my tiny TV in my room was my sneaky way of seeing things I wasn't supposed to when mom went to bed.

I saw the marathon of Morel Orel and ending up seeing every new episode of season 3 as it came out. I didn't understand a lot of it but the show stuck with me enough to revisit the series when I was in high school.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.