[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

X-Men revival

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 121
Thread images: 12

File: IMG_1117.jpg (291KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1117.jpg
291KB, 1280x1024px
Now that the Inhumans tv show has bombed and been panned by everyone, can the X-Men finally get the respect they deserve? (And stop pushing Inhumans as a shitty replacement).

Can Marvel stop putting shitty writers on the X-Men books and actually put some effort into their stories? Can they bring back the real Prof X, Cyclops, and Wolverine? Can Disney hire a hitman to kill Ike? Can the X-Men stop being treated like Nazi/Hitler to the Inhumans for wanting to not be gassed to death? Can X-Men stop being treated like D-listers? Can new Mutants be created and maybe even be center of main events?

The X-Men deserve better. They literally save Marvel and superheroes in general. And yet they get treated like shit.
>>
>>95130066
I would like to see the adult Rightclops come back. His younger self is annoying and a beta. I'd also like Emma to be good again.
>>
>the inhumans are so bootyblasted their show and movie sucked they're killing mutants with a fart cloud now
>>
>>95130066
The only new mutants that should be created are villains. X-Men are severely lacking new villains
>>
>>95130066

you'll never see a true revival till disney gets the rights back.

let it go. They're better off rebooting inhumans and smacking out new shithumans stuff because if it potentially succeeds, they own rights for it free and clear
>>
>>95130066
>Can Marvel stop putting shitty writers on the X-Men books and actually put some effort into their stories?

I mean it's not like the rest of Marvel has good writers...or good artists
>>
>>95130066
#NeverAgain
>>
>>95130534
Go away, Ike.
>>
>>95130066
Stop pushing Young Jean as the leader of the X-Men. She's a psychotic bitch. In fact, kill all the "time-displaced" X-Men and keep the originals alive.
>>
>>95130506
They're lacking them because they keep putting them on x-men teams, teams which they almost always betray.
>>
>>95130066
Make Deadpool leader of the X-Men.
>>
>>95130066
>Can they bring back the real Prof X and Wolverine?
No, both of those characters are completely played out.
>Can they bring back Cyclops?
Yeah, sure.
>>
File: Capture.png (37KB, 1347x190px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
37KB, 1347x190px
>>95130066
>>
>>95130663

I like inverted Sabretooth and good guy Magneto, though. I don't have any idea who the fuck decided to let Mystique on yet another X-Team, though, that is and always has been a terrible idea.
>>
>>95130663
I think of some new faces, rather than rehashes. I liked Immortal Man (and Tabula Rasa stuff from Gillen's run), and Unit, but I doubt they will be used ever again
>>
>>95130066
im reading x-men again wen and only if they bring back rigthclops
>>
>>95130066
>Wojack is Psylocke
>>
>>95130768
Go jump in a oven, Ike.
>>
>>95130066
Look at Blue solicits, Bloodstorm joins the team. Watch for alt reality versions of Nightcrawler, Colossus, and one (1) of either Thunderbird, Sunfire, or Banshee
>>
>>95130892
We aren't going to get a full reboot, just a soft one doing the same thing that the O5 did, just over time.
>>
>>95130066
Make the 90s team the main team.
>>
>>95130066
I'd like a ongoing with Spider-Man and Firestar and Iceman
>>
>>95130066
They already stopped doing all the shit you're complaining about.
But I guess Xfans needs keep acting like their like persecuted everytime someone isn't fellating the X-Men.
>>
>>95131745
They didn't bring back the real Wolverine, Prof X, and Cyclops.

It wasn't a mutant who made Kaiju in Monsters Unleashed or barfed up items in Secret Empire.

They still put shitty writers and artists (like Land) on the books who make no effort to tell good stories (the exception being Duggan on Deadpool).

X-Men deserve respect and Marvel still won't give it to them. Anyone that believes Marvel is progressive is an idiot. They act like nazis and mistreat their greatest minorities because of film rights they sold after they crashed the industry.

*mic drop*
>>
>>95130066
No. Keep dreaming. The Resurrection soft reboot bombed just as much as The Inhumans show with critics, readers, and it's reflected in the sales.
>>
>>95130066
get rid of the O5
bring back dark beast. if O5 beast can be merged with dark beast to make a supervillain that uses apocalypse tech and magic, all the better
when was the last time something happened with mojoworld?
there needs to be more outer space stories, for the mutants that want to colonize their own planet
maybe have an arc where some of them just time travel to the future a few decades after Cable lived his youth and strengthen the askani to give mutants a future.... in the far future

cyclops and wolverine should stay dead
>>
>>95131849
>they didn't bring back wolverine, prof x or cyclops

it should probably stay that way
>>
>>95130534
This person is completely right. Disney and Fox would rather sabotage the other. Fox holds the rights to the original Star Wars trilogy, while Disney owns the prequels. In other words, Fox would have to hand over the rights to the original trilogy in exchange for the rights to the X-Men.

Spoilers: that's never going to happen.

X-Men is a dead and irrelevant franchise, move on.
>>
>>95130773
>sabretooth

meh. just another wolverine.

>good guy magneto
yeah they did that with a clone in the late 90s
>>
>>95131849
>They still put shitty writers and artists (like Land) on the books who make no effort to tell good stories
Again that's just current Marvel. X-Men aren't getting special treatment.
>>
>>95130066
I never understood why Marvel took the road they did with the rights situation, if they played it smart they would have outfucking marketted fox, Marvel made a shitload of money of the Spider-man movies without owning them, why cant they do the same with the X-men, license the shit out of them, video games, tv shows, toys, market them alongside your property, they could have been making so much more money that FOX retroactively market them, but somehow they burried their second biggest IP over pettines, this should honestly go down as one of the dumbest descicions in comic book history
>>
>>95131930
maybe disney and fox are dead and irrelevant corporations. episode 7 was shit. i doubt "The Gifted" tv series is going to take off
>>
>>95131961
Disney is doing fine. Fox; however, is in serious trouble because the its various Fantastic Four movie failures, the X-Men movies underperforming at the theaters, and Ridley Scott trashing the Alien franchise.
>>
File: images[1].jpg (100KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
images[1].jpg
100KB, 640x960px
>>95131930
>X-Men is a dead and irrelevant franchise,
you wish
>the best Superhero movie since Iron Man was a X-men movie
>the best superhero tv show in ages was X-men related
>Marvel vs Capcom infinite still gets daily complaints from people who want the X-men back, they are until now the most requested characters
The X-men are too iconic to fade away
>>
>>95132016
>trashing the Alien franchise

please elaborate
>>
>>95131849
Look I'm gonna tell you one you xfans are a bunch off assblasted faggots who can't stand the fact Marvel is aware it has more characters then the X-Men, the current X books are good Marvel isn't mistreating the X men because your faggot ass don't like them.
And fuck Cyclops I hope he never gets brought back so you faggots can keep bitching.
>>
>>95132022
Wolverine and Hugh Jackman were the reason for the successes of the X-Men movies. While I like First Class, it severely underperformed, and X-Men Apocalypse was cited as the worst movie of that year.

Your arguments are based on purely subjective opinions.

Deadpool isn't a mutant. He's an Avenger at the moment.
>>
>>95132057
I wish you would die, Ike. Marvel would be better off without you.
>>
>>95132045
Alien Covenant is shit. I'm a big fan of Prometheus, but I found out that Ridley Scott's shitty editing negatively impacted the final product.

Fox is currently reevaluating their plans for the Alien franchise because of AC bombing at the theaters.

On a personal tirade, Ridley Scott's Alien Covenant is the single worst film in the entire Alien franchise. I'd rather watch Alien Resurrection or both Alien versus Predator movies.

Fuck Ridley Scott for killing off Dr. Elizabeth Shaw and fucking over David's character at the same time.
>>
>>95132114
>Your arguments are based on purely subjective opinions.
Legion got better reviews than anything Marvel ever put out, its fact
and no matter how much they try pretend hes not, Deadpool will always be a X-men character
>>
>>95132221
I was disappointed that people actually liked Covenant, all it did was kick to the side all the interesting bit from Prometheus and just do a bland as fuck back to basics of Alien only with zero build up or tension.

And people raved about the xenomorph stuff.
>>
>>95130892
This isn't indicative of anything. Bunn just realized that he won't get to smooth things out again by getting rid of the O5 anytime soon.
So instead he's now going 300% in the opposite direction, just embracing the weird state the universe is in and just piling on even more dimensional and time clusterfuckery at every turn.
It's basically Exiles, but it's other people travelling the dimensions. He's literally writing "Impenetrable X-Men" right now.
Maybe at some point Marvel editorial will finally give in and send everybody home.
>>
>>95132316
Show me the ratings comparison, please.

Not according to Marvel, and Rogue is also an Avenger. In fact, Rogue debuted as a villain in Ms. Marvel's comic.
>>
File: 1078757.jpg (182KB, 600x920px) Image search: [Google]
1078757.jpg
182KB, 600x920px
This has all happened before and it'll all happen again
>>
>>95132330
I agree completely. Thank you for a far more measured and erudite post. Mine was terribly immature.
>>
>>95131859
X-Men is one of the only franchises at Marvel that still sells consistently.
>>
>>95132384
and what does Modern Marvel even have for authority these days? they are the same idiots that sell books based on backlash and regret ever getting Spidey out of highschool, modern Marvel is run by idiots,
>>
>>95130809
Was Unit the creepy robot they kept in Utopia's prison?
Only remember him escaping with the help of a hacked Danger.
He had potential imo
>>
>>95132316
I mean Colossus, that's unambiguous. Cable and Domino, similarly
>>
>>95132451
You know there is a star trek voyager episode about that guy.
>>
>>95132424
What's your point? I haven't bought a Marvel comic since 2013. I don't watch any superhero movies or television shows.

I'm forced to watch MCU movies when they are on TV because of my dad. He watches them, and thinks just because I read comics that I want to watch them, too.
>>
>>95130066
As long as Ike lives, it will never happen.
>>
>>95132384
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/legion/s01/
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/daredevil
>>
File: 1432547112769.gif (999KB, 250x251px) Image search: [Google]
1432547112769.gif
999KB, 250x251px
>Marvel <sulking in a corner>: Fucking Fox, we'll drop all our support for you in our comics and move to promote our own stuff. All our 50,000 readers will slowly forget the X-Men and then they'll stop watching your movies that millions of people wa-
> <enter Fox>
>Fox: Hey Marvel, how are you. Listen, we wanted to do more with your X-Men license that we'll never be giving back to you. Can we borrow TV rights for mutants so we can target another few million people with new television content?
>Marvel: Sure, why not.
>Fox: Great! See ya.
>Marvel: Ok. Now, what was I talking about before?
>>
>>95132221
what the fuck is wrong with it though? you have yet to explain that

>>95132330
>disappointed that people liked it
>back to basics alien
well what the fuck. how many fucking time do you want humans being murdered in space, anon? is the extra lore too much for you? is there too much thinking involved? it was dark and dystopian with lots of dying! what more could you want?
>>
>>95132451
He was supposed to be the main villain in Kieron Gillen and Steven Sanders' S.W.O.R.D. comic starring Beast and Brand.
>>
who else could they use to replace the x-men?

the eternals?
>>
>>95132560
What a waste, never got resolution then?
I guess it never will
>>95132516
What
>>
>>95132524

He doesn't even need to die, he just needs to retire or be replaced.

And no matter how much of a top Jew Ike thinks he is, he's nothing compared to the suits at Disney.
If Marvel's non-movie divisions keep suffering, they're going to boot Ike.
>>
>>95132530
That's not what I was asking for. I want to know how many people tuned in and actually WATCHED the shows.

Rotten tomatoes isn't reflective of how popular a movie or show really is.
>>
>>95132578
I vote for Moloids rising from the caverns, but I guess they are included in the FF rigths alongside MoleMan
>>
>>95132610
Yeah, he's an alien who can understand all languages, starts by establishing peaceful contact and he ends up hacking all of voyager just by talking to it. Makes a run on genociding the borg. He almost made it.
>>
>>95132544
What is wrong with Alien Covenant:
No characters just red shirts
No tension
No stakes
Bad writing
Fails as a horror movie
Fails as a science fiction movie
Fails as a sequel to Prometheus
Fails as a prequel to Alien
Goes back to relying on that basic bitch of a movie monster a.k.a. the Xenomorph
>>
>>95132757
Literally this. I was hype as fuck for some jump moments and lore, and this was the first Alien where nothing shocked me. At all. Even my sister wasn't surprised, and she literally didn't want to watch it since the others gave her nightmares.

>one fuckface android stranded on a planet somehow engineered the Alien to the ones seen in the original film

Literally what.
>>
>>95132757
the movie spent a little time to establish the characters. they don't count as redshirts at all.

>no stakes
that's just false

you're making statements without reasons. back up your claims
>>
>>95132870
i liked it. other friends i know liked it. maybe you aren't shocked because when you watched it you were younger and now that you're older you can't be shocked any more.

maybe your sister wasn't bothered by it because she also is older than when she first saw the other alien movies.
>>
>>95132114
>X-Men Apocalypse was cited as the worst movie of that year.
Nowhere near close. It was a better movie than Civil War for sure
>>
>>95132757
>Goes back to relying on that basic bitch of a movie monster a.k.a. the Xenomorph

Agree with everything but this.
Xenomorphs are fine.
My only complaint is that they could start making them sexier.
>>
>>95132930
I literally watched the series about 2-3 years ago with her, so it hasn't been that long. That ripoff starring Jake Glyenhall or whatever called Life was honestly a better Alien film.
>>
>>95132645
Go fuck yourself with your backpedalling, you ugly shill
>>
>>95132523
You should stop living with your parents anon. That's what adults do.
>>
>>95130066
there is an X-men tv show coming, and it looks just as bad
>>
>>95133036
I don't care. Considering how long I was denied some x-men goodness, I would literally enjoy literal shit
>>
>>95130066
what´s my old girl Marrow doing this days?
>>
>>95131961

deadpool cost 50 some mil to make and ended up making 800 million+ all the other digital and home sales.

It made over a billion and cost 50 to make. That was Deadpool, made by Fox. They'll be okay
>>
>>95133087
She was in X-Force, she had a baby and miscarried due to ~things~ and it was pretty rough for her. But she is still awesome.
>>
>>95132757
>>95132870

That's what people bitched the most about. Where's muh xenos. Even though I was annoyed that they changed the engineers design from the older Dark Horse designs in the novels and the retarded scientists, I was interested in seeing where it was going to go.

But since no one cared about that, they went with a weak ass attempt to redo Alien and shat it all away.
>>
>>95130066
>They literally save Marvel and superheroes in general.
No they didn't.
>>
>>95131849
>*mic drop*
How old are you?
>>
I just want a new Academy book with Shark-Girl, Eye Boy and the rest before tgey get killed by a crossover
>>
>>95133203
Yes they did.
>>
File: Dani.jpg (82KB, 618x960px) Image search: [Google]
Dani.jpg
82KB, 618x960px
>>95130066
Retcon everything.
And made Dani relevant.
>>
>They literally save Marvel and superheroes in general.
they saved Marvel
Kingdom Come saved DC
Image and Dark Horse were doing fine
>>
>>95130125
I would like to see Emma interacting with young Cyclops.
>>
>>95130631
I'd be fine with young Cyclops sticking around, but only if he goes through character arcs that turn him into a more tame version of Rightclops. One that sees the huge flaws in Xavier and his vision but will still pursue it to a degree, instead of the literally zero note character he is now
>>
>>95133995
>Tfw young Cyclops is running being Jean's bitch boy while Emma and Miss Sinister are out there
Wasted potential
>>
>>95130768
>fantastic four
>fans

>some whore and quicksilver
>fans that aren't moviefags
>>
>>95134102
Scarlet had a few fans due to canonically not wearing underwear for a while
>>
>>95131961
>episode 7 was shit
It's crazy how shit taste has become a popular opinion
>>95132016
Stop lying Fox isn't in serious trouble.
>>
File: better than the grey kids.jpg (907KB, 1665x1567px) Image search: [Google]
better than the grey kids.jpg
907KB, 1665x1567px
>>95133865
>>95133995
>>95134060

I want Cyclops to remain dead, but I want Emma and Frenzy to steal his genetic material (his cum), to impregnate themselves, and give birth to Ruby Summers and Corporal Summers.

sorry for shitty quickly made image
>>
>>95134520
Can someone post the Summers family tree?
>>
>>95133184
there's fucking xenos in all of the movies. ya'll need to chill the hell out
>>
>>95130066
WHO IS THE ARTIST HERE?
>>
File: 1504590302681.jpg (130KB, 461x700px) Image search: [Google]
1504590302681.jpg
130KB, 461x700px
>>95133865
>Emma
>Not slutty Sinister
>>
I just want Jamie Madrox back. As much as I've come to hate Peter David's personal life I miss X-Factor Investigations damn it.
>>
>>95135780
I just want Rahne to get a break and stop suffering.
>>
>>95135780
At least, Guido is back.
>>
>>95135606

Bengus
>>
>>95133087
She was in secret empire. She was sent to do infiltration work with some other mutants as cannon fodder against Hydra Avengers. Surprisingly, they defeated them.
>>
>>95133779
Prove it.
>>
>>95132022
>Tfw Jackman no more
It hurts
>>
>>95136237
Marvel was on the cusp of flopping in the early 90's and sold the rights to Fox, which generated much needed income. Fox created the X-Men animated series, which lead to the highest selling issue of all time. As for saving heroes? Drawing a blank there.
>>
>>95136481
Also Fox showed that supermovies could be good and memorable
Inb4 raimifags
>>
>>95134912
Agree with this guy

How many kids does this fucker have
>>
>>95134520
Is that guy on the left like Storm and Cyclops' son or some shit?
>>
>>95131932

He's more like Age of Apocalypse Sabretooth than he is like Wolverine, and I like AoA Sabretooth. And they did it with Magneto before they Joseph ever existed. And who the fuck ever cared about Joseph? Why would you bring that up like it mattered at all? Or even like it was the same as what I was talking about. If I meant "I like good guy magnets," I would have mentioned Polaris, who's been an X-Man since the 60s.
>>
>>95131849

>*mic drop*

Good way to make sure no one takes whatever came before seriously.
>>
>>95131930

... Fox has the rights to the X-Men. Why would they hand over the original trilogy rights to get rights they already have?
>>
>>95136608
>raimifags
Umm... Superman: The Movie, Tim Burton's Batman, and Blade btfo X-Men and Spiderfags
>>
>>95133995
>>fuck up characters like Xavier and everybody else AGAIN to make Cyclops look interesting in comparison AGAIN

Yeah no thanks. Let's just admit we shouldn't be reading about him in light of a fuckton of better characters and move on.
>>
>>95137091
It's true though.
>>
File: Ulimate Spiderman 200 18.jpg (1MB, 1600x1206px) Image search: [Google]
Ulimate Spiderman 200 18.jpg
1MB, 1600x1206px
Make this a reality

It'd boost X-Men sales marginally just by Spider-Man proxy.

I've got good ideas for this but writing them out would spill my spaghetti
>>
File: X-Treme_X-Men_Vol_1_26_Textless.jpg (105KB, 500x742px) Image search: [Google]
X-Treme_X-Men_Vol_1_26_Textless.jpg
105KB, 500x742px
you really wanna revive the X-Men?

Make them sexy freaks. Wolverine was a beast but goddamn was the male fantasy times homoeroticism.

>>95138550
>Spider-Man proxy
like the final issue of Uncanny Inhumans that had a random picture of Spider-Man on the cover? it sold like 4k more copies because of it.
>>
>>95130136
It's Back?
>>
>>95134520
>Frenzy/Cyclops child
Damn, where was this from? This was the best pair to come out of AoX
>>
File: 1481303380243.png (158KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1481303380243.png
158KB, 700x700px
>>95130136
>so bootyblasted that their MCU movie got cancelled and got Ike fired

It was an honorable death that was seen as a whimper; one day all of you will realize that their death saved Marvel
>>
Noob here, was Mike Carey's X-stuff good?
>>
>>95138719
Oh you wish that was Cyclops 70213's backstory.
>>
>>95139275
Well that's disappointing.
>>
>>95139367
Cpl. Cyclops was from the Civil War where Black Mutants were put on a union squad and basically killed thousands in the first weeks causing the south to capitulate. Cyclops and Storm in particular. Not sure about the third, kinda looked like war machine.
>>
>>95132757
>Fails as a sequel to Prometheus
Prometheus was garbage though. Covenant was also bad but at least it was trying to be an aliens movie.
Thread posts: 121
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.