[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

He was better as a Villain/Punisher satire.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 5

He was better as a Villain/Punisher satire.
>>
>>95126819
Stealth Jason thread?
>>
I disagree
>>
>>95126819
It was the same story every time
>>
File: IMG_3064.png (2MB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3064.png
2MB, 1334x750px
>>95126819
Agreed, but I also liked insane Jason from BFTC and Morrison's B&R. Daniel definitely got the heads up from Morrison on how he was going to handle the character because they are the only times he acted like that and it was two consecutive Jason appearances. They also both have Dick telling Jason he needs mental health and Jason's antics trying to clean up Gotham making everything much worse.
>>
>>95126819
Are we seriously going get a thread about how Jason should be "a villain!!" every single time as result of you getting butthurt because of the Injustice story time thread? Get over yourself because this getting sad.
>>
>>95126819
this.
>>
Current Jason is really fucking good though
>>
>>95126819
>Punisher satire.
Never read his stuff. How is he like a Punisher satire?
>>
>>95127565
He kills people with guns but that's pretty much it as far as comparisons go. Also he had a skull on his chest for a while I guess.
>>
File: 1504099961541.jpg (992KB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1504099961541.jpg
992KB, 1988x3056px
>>95126819
Well he's a mild-mannered Dick-lover now, so you gotta deal with it.
>>
>>95126819
Meh,every story arc featuring him as the punisher lite was always the same

>>Someone related to batman is going killing people
>>Oh no it's Jason!
>>Muh crazy daddy issues
>>gets ass kicked
>>ILLL BEE BACCKKKK GRAYSSOON/BRUUCEE

Under the hood was fine since it was at least the first time,battle for the cowl and revenge of the red hood were weak because this formula just brought everyone down at least in his current state you can have some diversity with bizarro,black mask,Artemis etc,if prefer they reduce his interactions with Bruce but still
>>
>>95127565
His first confront against the batman was all about killing criminals and how his villains crimes were his fault since he spared them.

Is a pretty clear reference to punisher and the classic "why batman don't kill the joker already?" debate.
>>
>>95127662
>only knowing him as a villain role
>>
>>95127614
>he say that's he was his hero as a kid
>HE IS BIG LOVER OF DICK NOW!!
Is this why mediocre comics always sell best? Because people don't even know how to read?
>>
>>95127728
Even as a "" hero"" he's a prick with daddy issues.
>>
>>95126837
It's stealth "Jason hate" thread, but we are going to make it a Jason thread instead.
>>
>>95127737
The funny thing is that he literally hardly ever acknowledge Dick besides this annual, but for some reason they suddenly think that he is a big fan of him.
>>
Would Jason make a good Ghost Rider?
>>
>>95127834
I have question. Are annuals not canon? Because I was hearing a podcast that was praising the annual and then they are sad that Jason and Dick interactions happened in the annual instead of normal issues because it doesn't count?
>>
>>95128056
If the events are ever explicitly referenced it's canon, if they're explicitly contradicted then it's non-canon. Otherwise it's in limbo.
>>
>>95128056
Kind of? There a lot of fans who don't think much of annuals and writers usually tend to ignore or forget about them.
>>
>>95127728
What were his heroic roles,teen titans where he dressed up as a kid to fight over a team he was on for 3 missions at most

Nightwing where he was pretty much acting the same way he would in new 52,a jerk but still pretty much an anti heroe

That one issue where he had long red hair for the writer to pander to tumblr head canons?

Those 3 stories are mentioned are the only times Jason's been written like a punisher crazy,lone gun men villian type and it's repetitive as shit even Morrison put him in a more heroic role later in his run because the punisher shtick got old fast
>>
>>95128162
>Nightwing where he was pretty much acting the same way he would in new 52,a jerk but still pretty much an anti heroe
Uh? Jason in Nighwing was pretty awful and wasn't anti-hero at all. It's actually Jason's worst appearance ever.
>>
>>95126819
>He was better as a martyr
FTFY
>>
>>95128274
He still is. Him being alive doesn't mean that he wasn't dead before.
>>
>>95128123
>>95128123
I think it's not canon then since it's explicitly contradict 11 and 12 events. Also 13 since Jason said he has no family despite calling Dick his brother in the annual.
>>
>>95128413
>Him being alive
>doesn't mean
>dead
No matter what he does Jason will never add more to the bat mythos by being alive than dead.
>>
>>95127794
Am i the only one who thinks its ironic that roy and star finder felt more wel rounded and less like supporting characters while running with jason then when there with dick?
>>
>>95128742
Roy works better with the league or with the green Arrow family,with Dick he's just the spare redhead best friend when Wally's not in the story
>>
>>95128536
He did by breaking the no killing rule and pointing out Batman's hypocrisy.
>>
>>95128742
You aren't. They are seriously in a pathetic state in Rebirth.
>>
>>95129036
Also by being an anti-hero who allowed to work close with Batman.
>>
File: 1497896596451.gif (40KB, 200x250px) Image search: [Google]
1497896596451.gif
40KB, 200x250px
>>95128470
Sneaky Lobdell. Made an issue to rustle some jimmies and then rectonned it right before it come out.
>>
>>95128470
>>95129131
TRULY A MADMAN!!

>>95128536
>No matter what he does Jason will never add more to the bat mythos by being alive than dead
He already added to bat mythos by taking the Red Hood mantel and popularize it. He currently more popular and loved than many of DC characters which is a big accomplishment for a character that has been dead for almost 20 years.
>>
>>95129255
>every one likes to shit on rhto

>its the only book left standing from nu52

Feels good to be a jasonfag i tell you what
>>
>>95129520
But I've seen mostly positive feedback for Rebirth Outlaws
>>
>>95129583
Yeah but you still have people shitting on it.

I think rhto has been consitently good since nu52 is the point of my post
>>
>>95127614
Dude in the back stuffing his face with cotton candy and popcorn and all Jason has is a sandwich.
>>
>>95127326
Th knockoff Roschach Killing Joke stuff was garbage.
>>
>>95127326
>but I also liked insane Jason from BFTC and Morrison's B&R
You liked Jason as one dimensional with no goals? I don't think I will ever understand this.
>>
These threads consistently depress me because they all imply that we've collectively tacitly acknowledged that comics will never be fucking well written or nuanced enough for the pre-reboot murder side of Jason to exist alongside a more emotionally complex Jason. Like we all have to fucking choose between the stupid crazy of BftC and the manlet cuck of rebirth. Only extremes, why do comics suck so bad.
>>
>>95129845
Dude, are you still bitter about the annual? It has been a week and it's not even canon.
>>
>>95129939
The annual had enough fappable shipbate to placate me for a few days, but I'm honestly bitter about everything that's not Under the Hood.
>>
>this idiot again
Nobody gives a shit about villain Jason. If they did he would still be one.
>>
>>95130014
Under Hood was the starting point for Jason. You can't expect him to stuck at the starting point without moving on.

Jason is still ruthless when it needs to be and only soft with his teammates.
>>
File: red_hood_primary.jpg (46KB, 620x438px) Image search: [Google]
red_hood_primary.jpg
46KB, 620x438px
Superior Red Hood
>>
>>95129728
How did B&R Jason have no goals? They were pretty clear that he was trying to be a more effective crime fighter but was making a mess of it.
And yes I did like him because he seemed stunted and confused as to how to deal with having been dead but now being alive. His "shoot me! I'll come back!" line is tragic in a way.
>>
>>95130186
>effective crime fighter but was making a mess of it
The only thing he cared about is messing with the batfamily without any goals of his own.
>>
>>95130224
In BFTC yes. But the next time he shows up (in B&R) he is also trying to make a better brand of crime fighter. I'm not denying a big part of that is one upping Dick but he also wants to let the punishment fit the crime and be harsher at dealing out justice
>>
>>95130123
Actually, maybe you could help me here. I've read pretty much everything post-crisis with Jason... except for the majority of nu52 rhato. I think what's really rustling my jimmies is what is admittedly a coherent progression,but one that feels like a jump from one characterization to another without the reader being privy to the actually gratifying element, the development itself.

Did this happen in the stuff I missed? Because then I'll cede the point.
>>
>>95130345
>Well, they rectonned the majority of crazy Jason phase and they started new with n52.
>Jason at the beginning of n52 decided that he has enough of Batman and Gotham and wanted to start new with his new team which is why they called the first arc redemption.
>He slowly started to open up to Kori and Roy and his relationship with Batman improved where both finally able to understand each other better.
>Jason also become more active in the dc universe instead of wasting his time focusing only on gotham and started to interact more with other heroes more.
>he used to kill when it's necessary until rebirth he made a promise to Batman, but he seems still willing to cross the line and just needs someone to anger him enough
>Bizarro is actually the only person who Jason is completely soft towards
The only thing I would say that they rushed is his relationship with the robins which is why it come off as awkward and forced sometimes.
>>
>>95127794
The hell you will.
Jason is nothing more than a bad boy cliche and the only people who like him are fujoshits and filthy casuals.
>>
>>95130690
>The only thing I would say that they rushed is his relationship with the robins which is why it come off as awkward and forced sometimes
This is so true.

>>95129131
I liked the annual, but I think it's a good decision to make it non canon.
>>
>>95129649

Thats what its like being poor :(
>>
>>95129520
It feels good to like the n52 book and see it becomes even better in Rebirth.
>>
>>95130690
Fair enough. I guess I'm just buttmad because I wish he could be a little more of the edgelord of his former self. Still seems too soft for me in the interactions with his team.
>>
>>95130838
>it feels good to have shit taste.
>>
>>95130793

But its not noncanon and the notes say it takes place before issue 12. How are people so retarded?
>>
>>95130864
Liking n52 book makes me a person with bad taste? N52 series was a really enjoyable if you aren't one of "muh TT starfire cartoon" or "muh dick's toys!!".
>>
>>95130876
See this >>95128470
>>
>>95130876
It's not canon, anon. It's time for you to accept it.
>>
>>95126819
He really wasn't. It was corny, cliche edge-fuel that got stale in a market totally oversaturated with cornu, cliche edge-fuel.
>>
>>95130956
Not that guy, and I liked the initial n52 RHATOS, but it would've been more enjoyable if not for Starfire. Or at least if not for the arbitrary Roy/Star relationship. And hear me out, I'm not a Dickfire shipper, I just don't think their relationship was based on anything other than proximity. To make them be in love was just dumb, it was perfectly fine to just have them sleep together casually.

And Roy is STILL suffering the same bullshit. On another team, falls in "love" with another girl. It's just uncreative, and doesn't feel organic at all.
>>
>>95131193
I thought their relationship was cute because it was good to finally give starfire a relationship that wasn't with Dick.
>>
>>95126819
he was better six feet under and forgotten
>>
>>95131313
It just didn't feel real enough for me to enjoy. It felt like going through the motions of being obligated to have at least one romance in the story. And the only reason Roy was picked was because Jason was off the table for obvious reasons. I would've preferred if they'd just stuck with hedonist Star, or gave her a romance outside the team.

How was the story after she left? I dropped DC altogether after Convergence shat the bed, but I always intended to pick that one up.
>>
>>95131313
R.E.B.E.L.S. did it better and R.E.B.E.L.S. didn't do such a good job at that.
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.