[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Marvel/dc new heroes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 9

File: this thread.png (831KB, 919x565px) Image search: [Google]
this thread.png
831KB, 919x565px
So, If you get the chance to put your OC super hero in the big 2.

What will you do with it?
>>
>>95126307
Have him show up as a z-list hero operating in some podunk city in one of the flyover states that no one gives a shit about.
>>
>>95126541
This actually.
>>
>>95126307

new mutant kid

third world country
works like a farmer, brown, how places, always barefoot and lightly clothed

has the power of eating, drinking, breathing and healing (repairing himself) by touch, as long as the thing he touches can be used for that (has the same atoms present in the human body like carbon, hydrogen etc)

-you try to choke him, and no problem because he can absorb oxygen through his skin, that also allows him to breath underwater.
-he is thirsty, he puts his hand in a bowl with water, and drinks the water through his hand. he can also eat that wat
-you cut a leg, he touches a tree and repairs the broken leg with atoms from the tree (that hurts the tree)
-he touches a person, and he can hurt them by "drinking" their body water, dehydrating them, and if he is seriously injured, he can kill another person by repairing his body with that persons flesh
you cold make that dramatic, as in, in order to kill an enemy, he self amputates a body member in order to be able to repair himself with the enemy's atoms, giving death to the enemy.
-his costume would be made of nutritious stuff, so if he is showered with bullets, he can repair those injuries immediately by absorbing pieces of his costume
-he would be completely vulnerable in an iron cage, as much as a normal human, because there would be nothing to repair his body with, but unkillable barefoot on the ground

team member, cant handle a solo book if he doesnt become popular
>>
>>95126307
Probably make the established characters give my character constant praise and say how great he is.
>>
I've never really thought up heroes, but I've always wanted to create a great villain.

So a doctor working as a mob-surgeon in either Gotham or Marvel's NYC (dependant on whoever I can get in with first) carries out an elaborate organ-harvesting ponzi scheme, stealing a kidney or liver and replacing them with defective or diseased organs, then passing along the good stuff to other clients, from whom she steals something else. Eventually, people who were given the diseased organs begin to suffer from related complications, and with little choice, have to go back to the crooked sawbones to get it dealt with, completing the circle.

Well obviously it all falls apart, as ponzi schemes do by default, forcing the Doctor's hand: she has implanted small, remote operated electrical charges in the cardiopulmonary system of every thug, enforcer and boss that's ever been under her knife, allowing her to instantaneously stop their heart and pop their lungs.

After this secret, underground scandal becomes too complex for the criminal element to handle on their own, headlining superhuman du jour becomes involved, bringing in trump card number 2: the good Doctor has been splicing and grafting superhuman tissue into herself for years, prolonging her life and resulting in uncanny speed, strength, and a second set of arms.

Came up with it after seeing a documentary about early surgeons experimenting with anesthesia. They would work to remove organs and limbs in seconds, and there are documented cases of physicians operating inside of themselves while anesthetized with cocaine.
>>
>>95127069
I will be opposite. He will be asshole to every hero. And only be nice to the ladies/kids.
>>
>>95126307
Ive been working on DC's version of Fantastic 4 but then DC made the Terrifcs and now i gotta rework some things.
>>
>>95126796
This is kinda cool. Even if not a suoerhero story, it could work as a standalone sci-fi parable.
>>
>>95126307
Who is the guy from the pic?
>>
File: Gentaro_Kisaragi_Student.jpg (123KB, 827x711px) Image search: [Google]
Gentaro_Kisaragi_Student.jpg
123KB, 827x711px
I'd probably do a Blue Lantern who goes around being a nice guy and trying to help people while trying his best to make friends with the heroes of the DCU. Basically pic related but as a Blue Lantern. However I would have constant fear that he would just be a Mary Sue or YA novel protag, also I guess he'd be redundant in a world with guys like Superman and Captain Marvel but I think that's why I like the idea. I like seeing heroes just be good people who try their best.
>>
>>95128858
Mosaic, a shithuman that, according to his creator, is way better written than Booster Gold or Deadman, but is disliked because he is black.
>>
>>95129085
Who is that metrosexual faggot?
>>
>>95129107
He was a cool character in a pretty boring story. It could of picked up steam if it kept going though.
>>
Ship him with Bart Allen.
>>
>>95126307
I wanted to do a series about a group of Inhumans that hated being Inhuman and had to come to terms with it. But the first few issues would have been about how the cloud was fucking up these random individuals lives.

Just in general stories about people that obtained powers but didn't want to be heroes or fight for some cause they just recently developed some degree of personal stake in.
>>
>>95129125
He is
>>
>>95126307
I have few OC's
1. captain slushy. part of a brother sister combo who used to make slush with his powers because he never used them to the max but when the antagonist used his merchandises to spread toix gas he goes full 90s
2. Don't have a name. another bother sister combo in xavier's mansion. mostly focused drama and calling out other characters.
3. Guy who used to rent out x23 during her combat years
4. guy who comes from a magical line but whos family is killed by demons. while weakened he is raped on the streets and batman find him, instead of helping him batman decides to turn the kid into eternal batman, he sticks him down in level 4 and starts experimenting on the kid. eventually the kid gets free, takes money from criminals gets himself 11 executive assistant Iris types and starts getting back at batman without outing himself. eventually the is captured and martian manhunter reads his mind. everyone is disgusted with batman
5. son of WW and batman who is war reborn.
6. This one is stolen but basically character has power to transfer damage to nearby organic things. If I say hobo shield you will know who I mean
7. wolf themed gangbanger who sometimes runs with catwoman and has a major crush/obsession with supergirl
8.basically alucard but with kids personality,no combat skills or need for blood. his only skill is to summon to his aid whatever he has killed before.
9. speedster twins. The focus is more on metaphysical. They solidified their time so while they can go back to watch it like a movie they can never change anything but at the same time it eases there concerns about someone yanking out the timeline right under them or if they really are their original selves. focus is on how some events that involve time travel would have gone down without time travel.
I think given the current state of big 2 they would fit in seamlessly
>>
>>95129125
what did you say, bro?
>>
>>95126541
>>95126651
canceled by issue 3?
>>
File: tropes.png (61KB, 813x501px) Image search: [Google]
tropes.png
61KB, 813x501px
>>95126307
give him antagonists that are stand ins for real people
>>
>>95126307
OK, can someone please explain to me why on Earth would I create an OC for the Big Two? It just makes no sense. I wouldn't own them, they would be left ripe to be misused by other creators and even killed off, and chances are I won't be able to tell their full story before getting shitcanned anyway.
>>
>>95127133
>complications, and with little choice, have to go back to the crooked sawbones to get it dealt with, completing the circle.
What if they go to someone else or have the doc waked?
>remote operated electrical charges in the cardiopulmonary system of every thug, enforcer and boss that's ever been under her knife, allowing her to instantaneously stop their heart and pop their lungs.
The cost seems to big for the gain? Does she blackmail them with it? Why would they not warn anyone else, would not it be found at an airport or some other situation like that?
>Well obviously it all falls apart
and she would have known that. Did she need money fast? Is it all part of some revenge on the mob?
>most important
This comes up with most villains but why not get money with that skill using the legitimate way? I mean I could see it if it some undergraduate scraping by with what little she knows but
>splicing and grafting superhuman tissue into herself for years
makes it pop up
>>
>>95126307
I had an idea where my OC was a dog in a zombie world. He sometimes would get canned food or other things for his owner and her team. Had another idea where OC was a zombie in a semi sentient power armor who was carrying out the last will of the human that zombie used to be and looking after his sisters
>>
I'd have him fight giant monsters on the west coast. No one ever cares about super shenanigans in the west coast I got no home town Heroes to root for :(
>>
>>95129253
That is the most tiresome part of every YA book. most readers feel like "bitch give me the powers and fuck off"
>>
>>95129700
There's literally a team called the West Coast Avengers.
>>
>>95129597
>muh Image
They're as faceless as the big two.
If you want impressive look toward Dave Sim and Cerebus. Now that's some crazy selfpublisher shit right there.
>>
>>95129717
That doesn't answer my question.
>>
>>95126307
Plan for it to be a stealth mini and end it with the character having a motivation to move around so he can cameo in other books and keep in some kind of public eye.
>>
>>95129597
I guess in general it depends on your attitude towards "creation" I mean if your goal as a creator is to profit as much as humanly possible with the ultimate goal of making someone as beloved and remembered as Spiderman or Superman or something along those lines then yea, the big 2 are going to fuck you.

But sometimes you just have ideas and you think they would fit well or better in this preexisting environment than trying to develop it and the world around it on its own.
>>
>>95129714
Yeah I know but I'm not to interested in those Heroes or marvel in general.
>>
>>95129714
There was a team called the west coast avengers, and it hasn't existed for decades now.
>>
>>95126307
I've got this idea bouncing around in my head for a couple characters, so why the fuck not.
Guy/Gal with a sentient magical sword, able to sap the powers of superheroes and give the wielder a small fraction of their power, forcing them to get really creative with how they use those powers. Sounds cool right? Well, the sword may be sentient, but it's a sword, a blunt instrument used for fighting. It's an asshole with tons of combat experience. And if the user wants that combat experience (and also those powers), they have to give up control of their body to it, which they are hesitant to do because the sword might start running its mouth or stab somebody. So you'd better be happy with hearing a voice in your head.

OR

A Neurokinetic, able to steal the minds and/or bodies of people, and due to the origins of their power can hear others' thoughts. However, the neurokinesis only works within around 50 feet, and anyone who gets within 5 feet starts suffering brain damage, so say goodbye to having any intimacy. Furthermore, they can't turn off their empathic powers, effectively giving them Schizoaffective disorder.

They met each other during a fight, realized that they weren't so different, and proceeded to work together as a mercenary duo.
>>
>>95129966
What about these points though?
>they would be left ripe to be misused by other creators
>and even killed off
>chances are I won't be able to tell their full story before getting shitcanned anyway
Do you really want to risk your OC to be killed or even worse, Bendis'd just so they can team-up with Spider-Man or Batman or whoever the fuck?
>>
>>95130544
>Bendis'd

Bendis goes after the popular heroes, He wouldn't touch the new heroes with 10 feet pole.
>>
>>95129597
Some people can't resist the urge to write their own Mary Sue fan fiction.
>>
>>95130622
That was just an example, don't be dense. I obviously meant whatever shitty writer got their grubby hands on them.
>>
>>95126307
>trying to get me to put my ideas on the internet before implementing them
Oy vey.
>>
ok so OC is a normal guy who killed himself over dumb shit. For some reason he ended up in some void and from time to time can come back from it into the bodies of random people, usually criminals. He works on finding out if they are good, living it up, pushing them, solving their problems etc. He only has 1 month to do it. Eventually I think he will be hunted by other people who have powers like him because he will try to created an organization (to have some sense of self) called the labyrinth. everything he will wake up he will send money to that company or do something to advance them. He will have passwords that will make the company acknowledge him as him whenever he needs it

>>95130510
>sentient magical sword
blue beetle meets rogue?
>>
I would rewrite secret empire as an alternate universe 'what if red skull was a communist instead of a nazi' and use it to tell the story of how neomarxism has spread in western nations and then transition into Commie Cap taking power and use that to retell harrison bergeron by vonnegut and then the comic book character I came up with as an eight year old is waiting in a breadline with a super power suppressing collar on.
>>
Evil guy with ability to heal anyone he touches.

Uses his power to create a following. Finds people like dieing kids or people with dieing loved ones. Basically becomes nega-jesus. He mostly likes finding people that nobody has ever been nice to or who already have a bad outlook on life.

He himself isn't much threat, but his followers are extremely dangerous because he can heal people who have even been declared legally dead as long as their body is mostly intact. They are relentless and some believe the evil healing guy can grant immortality.

He lies and tells them his healing is "limited and drains him" to keep people working hard and "earning his gifts". In reality his healing is basically Logan's healing factor times 4 only he can share it through touch. If you were blown to pure slop and someone brought it to him in a bucket, he could bring you back as long as there was like 90% of your cells in the bucket. (although some loss of brain function may occur if brain tissue is missing)

This creates a huge problem for "non-lethal" heroes as they are pretty much forced to use excessive force. In heavy fights, one of his followers is a teleportor who zips in and out of battle grabbing up downed followers, dropping them off for healing and popping them back into fights.

He claims to be a safer alternative to heroes as he can actually gaurentee non-lethal force. He often will bring back enemies just to interrogate them.
>>
An absolute edgelord rip-off that lacks anything resembling characterization in favor of just a guy with demonic powers killing criminals and getting Frank'd for the issue I get cancelled at.
>>
A crew a people that want to be "shining beacon" type heroes, but there powers are all entirely destructive, horrifying or overly cruel. They are all kind of idiots who believe they can make it work if they "do it right", but the public is generally scared of them.

Power to basically psychicly lobotomize people
Power to give people cancer
Power to control a stinking horde of zombie rats/pigeons, all of which carry disease
Power to place everyone in a large radius into a "bad trip" that is PTSD inducing, they have no way of controlling the area of effect and it manifests in random sizes

It would be a sort of tragic comedy with a lot of black humor.
>>
The kind of character I'd like is just a person trying to live up to the Superman ideal. Nothing edgey, just lots of bumps along the way. Sort of like Ms Marvel, but DC. And probably a different power set
>>
>>95126541
>>95126796
>>95127133
>>95129085
>>95129253
>>95129438
>>95129700
>>95130510
>>95130720
>>95130812
>>95131221
>>95131262
>>95131359
>>95131523
You guys are dumb as hell.

>>95129597
>>95130692
Only smart posts in the entire thread.
>>
File: IMG_2028.png (450KB, 600x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2028.png
450KB, 600x960px
>>95126307
My OC hero would definitely fit the flavor of DC better than Marvel.

>Put him in a semi-important/semi-flyover Southern American city like Charlotte or Nashville.
>He'd be a major Justice League fanboy.
>A lot of his adventures and crimefighting exploits are just to get noticed by the League and receive an invitation to join.
>He'd be all about building his image and celebrity, so I'd take some inspiration from Booster Gold.
>General capeshit: exciting combat, get the girl, stop bank robbers, keeping the personal identity secret while building his hero identity like a celebrity.
>All that classic superhero business.

His powers are Aurification/Midas Touch.

Unlike Midas of lore, he can control when anything he touches turns to gold--including air.

He is able to shape gold constructs from the air (like swords, shields, tools, etc.) and can turn his epidermis into armor for himself.

I'm thinking a worse-Colossus combined with a worse-Green Lantern.

Also any utility to be had from turning objects to gold and viceversa. Like turning the epidermis of an enemy to gold to restrain them in a shell or permanently locking a door, etc.
>>
File: IMG_1872.jpg (351KB, 667x950px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1872.jpg
351KB, 667x950px
>>95132513
Name is Gold Rush.
>>
>>95132550
Gold Rush already exists.
>>
>>95126307

Not the most popular idea but I'd pair them with a very popular hero as sidekick and then have them get their own comic and hope the popularity of the earlier run can give it enough push to last long enough for my amazing writing skills to get people hooked.

It's really an uphill battle and it's all about taking advantage of the old school characters.
>>
>>95126307
Have it be the catalyst for a Marvel and DC crossover event.
>>
Probably put them in a well known city say Atlanta he hears about frequent kidnapping of regular people, he's also a non-meta person but like booster gold he takes this advantage to make himself famous and could possibly make him known of either the avengers or the justice leauge. He makes these gauntlets that create sheild constructs throughout most of the issues he updateshus gauntlets to make the shield durration last longer and faster.
>A mix of noir detective work and fast pace action
>He attacks the group behind the human trafficng and beats up the hench men Hotline Miami style
>3 days of tracking down 3 differet hideouts they send one of the more powerful metas appart of the trafficing group who curb stomps our main charatcer
>>
>>95126307

I don't think I would, because my character would then become the property of some shitty company that would inevitably ruin her the second I'm gone.
>>
>>95131221
I like this idea and had thought about it as well. The villain healing part, not the cult following part.
There's something oddly fascinating about villains with traditionally heroic powers.
>>
>>95132481
If the idea is low effort to get monies and self-contained so that it doesn't matter what happens with the character later, why is it dumb.
>>
>>95126307
Goblin magic-tinker-girl sidekick for Zatanna who uses a shapeshiftspell to look like a human midget in her public alter ego.

She came to the real world as a midget because goblins are a hated fantasy race and becomes friends with Zatanna.

The femgob uses a mix of spells and goblintech.

Something like that
>>
>>95126307
Have him show up occasionally to help out and then disappear. In the meantime he'll be an antihero of sorts, who basically steals from villains. The likes of Lex Luthor or Kingpin, ones with a large empire and lots of cash/tech. Generally he'll either show up with a cane sword, or some villain tech to help out.

His power is to be able to enter a sort of negative version of the universe as long as he can hold his breath. Every time he enters it, every bit of information about him in the real world is erased. Photo, video, memories, all gone. Which means he's essentially free to do anything with no real reprecussions. But he uses that to steal from villains. Either obtain tech to use in the future if needed, or steal their cash and make anonymous donations to charities.
>>
>>95129597
Because then the character will exist on paper published across America and even in other nations. Those comics will be picked up and read by people across the world and now they have all seen your character. They will go and create a wiki article for them. some might say they hate their design or loved it, does it matter? Even if the character is picked up by other writers at another time, where they can live and die and live again, you will always have been the one who created them. Forever.
>>
>>95135096
You can still do that outside of Marvel and DC, you little casual shit.
>>
>>95126307
So I've had this idea for a character for quite a few years now, maybe he's been done before, but probably not in the big 2.

My character would be a regular guy who gets super strength from stealing chems at a factory he works at as a janitor. One day he overhears some guys in R&D talking about an experimental drug that's supposed to "enhance your performance". Our protagonist, being a middle aged guy who can't get it up like he used to and feels like he wasted the best years of his life decides to steal it cause fuck it, why not. Upon taking the pills he blacks out and has a fever dream about conflicts throughout the ages fought by warriors of unparalleled strength and agility. Some of these dream sequences even include various super heroes, from the past, present and future. When he awakens he finds his whole body transformed into that of a greek god with the abilities to match.

But the twist I have in mind is just how cerebral our hero will be about fighting crime. In the beginning he will ponder what the dream sequence meant and if he's bound to some greater calling, but over time he will start to realize that he is just another cog in a never-ending battle. This will warp his perception of what justice means and eventually he will start to enjoy the violence a little too much, to the point that instead of turning villains over to the proper authorities, he's taking them prisoner and torturing them for his own amusement. In public he will be the shining example of what a hero should be, but when no ones around he turns into a sadist who feels like the only way to reform criminals and villains is to put them through the unbearable. Eventually other heroes will start to realize what he's doing, thereby putting him at odds with them, but due to his methods actually managing to keep certain major threats inline, various governments would actually secretly support him, which would hamper what most heroes could actually do to him.
>>
>>95135417
I guess what I'd want his story to be overall is an examination of pain and conflict. There will be many times where he would do battle with other heroes, but always having that dream in the back of his mind he would never go for the kill, even though he knows that it will just bring him more strife later. His views on villains, even though they may be extremely warped by other heroes standards, would never waiver because he would simply be unable to feel sympathy for those that would cause pain to those who can't adequately defend themselves.
>>
>>95135417
>>95135560
This sounds like it would work better as a standalone story than something in the Big Two.
>>
>>95135560
Oh, and he would also regularly taunt other heroes about how they must also secretly enjoy fighting villains due to how many of them have recurring rouge galleries.
>>
>>95134232
I know. I checked.

She appears in only one comic. Not a trade; one single comic as a failed Justice League applicant.

She has 2 speech bubbles and her powers aren't shown or defined.
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.