[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else remember Dave the Barbarian?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

File: download.jpg (5KB, 124x186px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5KB, 124x186px
This shit was the funniest thing ever when I was a kid.
>>
Good show.
>>
>Thinking quickly, Dave constructs a megaphone using only a squirrel, some string, and a megaphone.

I only know one quote from this show. Was it an outlier, or was the entire show this gold?
>>
>>95120853
Same.
Even though I barely remember much of it.
>>
>>95121137

It was pretty consistently funny. Not every joke hit but every episode would get a laugh
>>
>>95120853
It's time to cut a muffin.
>>
>>95121321
I also don't remember anything about it, accept for little details, but no real jokes. I loved it though.
>>
>>95120853
Needs more cream cheese
I only remember that because I had puked blood and was hospitalized and the show was on while I was in bed

I was still in elementary
>>
I think it was a bad move to have two animal sidekicks and only three main human characters, and a sword.
>>
The only things I remember are the Pancake song and that episode where that girl starts dating her pimple.
>>
>>95122176
She's not a monkey!
>>
I only remember some joke about shoelaces and gravity
>>
>>95121137
The megaphone joke is a lot more quotable than most of the other gags because it needs no further setup, but there's stuff of a similar caliber in most of the episodes.
>>
>>95120853
I loved this show
>>
>>95121437
That sounds nasty for some reason.
>>
Bump because it's sad that threads die when the only thing there is to say about a show is "man, that was a good show".
>>
>>95120853
GOAT Disney show
>>
This show was fuckin' amazing
>>
>>95124783
Thats the problem wtih something that is just good, after a short while you dont have anything else to say and thats also why hate threads tend to thrive
>>
>>95121137
That line is one of the best jokes in the entire show, but the quality was very consistent. It ended way too early and I'm still salty about it.
>>
>>95120853
Honestly reminds me of last decade's sonic boom
>>
I had that dream again
>>
Who was more /ourguy/, Twinkle the Marvel Horse or Chuckles the Silly Piggy?
>I hope this is important, I was busy bemoaning the ghastly aching void, that is my meaningless life.

>State your name.
>The Dark Lord Chuckles the Silly Piggy!
>Are you kidding me with that?
>No you stupid chair, now make me king, or I'll reupholster you in a really ugly plad!
>All hail the mighty ruler "The Dark Lord Chuckles the Silly Piggy!" His or her word is law.
>MWHAHAHA- wait his or her? What you can't tell?
>>
>>95122176
Fang not a monkey!
>>
File: 9y8.gif (2MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
9y8.gif
2MB, 854x480px
>>95121137
I don't get it. Is the joke funny because he built a megaphone with a whole megaphone, making the other parts redundant/irrelevant? If so then it's not that funny. More of an anti joke if anything.
>>
I remember an episode where Chuckles tied up the narrator and made him rewrite the show. What other shows had the narrator as an actual character that could be interacted with (aside from that one-off episode of Danny Phantom?)
>>
>>95125143
Yes, it's an anti-joke. Hence why it's funny.
Still, I don't understand why that became a meme when Twinkle was an edgy depressive nihilist spewing memes long before it became popular, I thought his lines would've become appropriated memes by now.
>>
>>95125218
For what it's worth, Twinkle quotes are the only other things that show up when you google the show.
>>
>>95125143
Irony was a mistake. You're incapable of recognizing a basic joke anymore. Dave is stupid and felt the need to "make" a megaphone when he already had one. Part of the joke is how stupid it looks, since he just tied an unhappy looking squirrel to a megaphone. I'm not saying it's a funny joke, just that it's a really basic joke and you're confusion is odd.
>>95125218
What do you think an anti-joke? This in no way deconstructs your expectations of what a joke is. It subverts your expectation of what a normal action show might do, so I guess you could call it a parody, but it really is just a basic standalone joke.
>>
>>95125218
>I don't understand why that became a meme
Probably has to do with its length. Most of the other jokes in the show rely on context or a longer set-up.
>>
>>95125205
Sheep in the Big City.
>>
That was a great show, but for some reason it was really underrated
>>
>>95125303
Twinkle was amazing in that show. Sad he only appeared like 3 times.
>>
>>95125143
>Is the joke funny because he built a megaphone with a whole megaphone, making the other parts redundant/irrelevant?

yes. it's not that hard to understand. also, you need a better sense of humor.
>>
>>95125143
The joke is literally that they subvert your expectations and hit you with something unexpected. It's a quick little thing that makes you laugh because you were expecting them to go into some drawn out explanation of how Dave created a megaphone using a bunch of random stuff that wouldn't normally make a megaphone, but instead he literally just had a megaphone already and tied a squirrel to it. Maybe you don't find it funny, but if you don't understand it then you might be actually real-life non-4chan-meme-style autistic.
>>
>>95125510
Eh, he only works in small doses.
>>
>>95120853
just hearing the name of the main villian in the latin dub was enough for me really
this show was gold
>>
>>95121137
>"We should make a Holliday about this."
>"Let's see... We're in the *hall*, and surrounded by *weens*."
>And from that day on, this date (October 31st) would be known as...
>"Tree Day!"
>>
>>95125205
Powerpuff Girls, Spongebob, and Sheep in the big city.
>>
File: af8.gif (2MB, 380x268px) Image search: [Google]
af8.gif
2MB, 380x268px
>>95125218
>>95125306
>>95125539
Ok thanks. It looks like I got the joke but it just didn't make me laugh.
>>
>>95126217
DtB has better jokes than it anyway
>>
I'm surprised there's hardly any art of Candy. She seems like waifufag material.
>>
>>95127180
I feel like it's too old for cartoon waifufags to have been a thing when it aired originally.
>>
>>95127180
> garabatoz
>>
>>95121137
Some of it as silver.
>>
File: DaveTheBarbarianMegaphone.jpg (52KB, 460x412px) Image search: [Google]
DaveTheBarbarianMegaphone.jpg
52KB, 460x412px
>>95120853
Yes, this show was awesome

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2gm21h
>>
here a whole bunch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OM5E-MQNmgw&list=PL-rfXknUQ-jtUPq8ND3LsosobemGxUigf
>>
>>95129286
>9gag
>>
>watched it years ago
>look it up n YT for nostalgia's sake
>apparently there's a bunch of episodes I never watched
Neat. Thanks Anons.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.