[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Random pickups that turned out great. Mine is pic related.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: Elric_of_Melnibone.jpg (52KB, 540x362px) Image search: [Google]
Elric_of_Melnibone.jpg
52KB, 540x362px
ITT: Random pickups that turned out great.

Mine is pic related. Found the hardcover Roy Thomas adaptation a few months ago for a dollar and have slowly been getting into the series.
>>
>>95119282
Duckman
>>
>>95119312
How does it compare to the cartoon? Hit pretty much the same notes?
>>
>>95120162
It is as good as the cartoon, though finding scans or physical copies is hard.
>>
For me it would be Invincible from image comics, the cover gave me a high school hero kinda vibe so i ignored it until i found an image of Eve bent over asking if her ass looked big in the costume. As stupid as it is such a simple thing made me go eh fuck it il try it and its now officially one of my favorite comics.
>>
>>95120173
I'll have to keep an eye out for it. I just recently got into comics, but I'm already out of cape shit. Now I just look for interesting and unique comics to enjoy.

>>95120661
Is it a subversion of typical hero comics?
>>
File: 20170806_142640.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20170806_142640.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>95119282
I should post my shelf since most of it is disciunt bins.

Especially Serenity Rose, Son of The Gun, orbiter....an hell almost all of this was $10 and most softcovers were $5 or less.
>>
File: 20170806_142610.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20170806_142610.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>95120941
>>
>>95120941
Haven't heard of much on the left. What would be your top recommendations?
>>
>>95120941
Rodi is the best Thor writer
>>
>>95120814
fuck it iv re written this post like 8 times and ...well im not a good writer so im just gonna 1 and done word vomit. invincible is pretty great it does alot of things well and has this different feel to it from other cape comics. the main character is relateable and more realistic than the superman morality you see alot. they have alot of characters that get decent development and really helps build its world. and as i said before even though the main character is a teenager awakening to his powers it hardly does the school stuff at all and rarely for more than a few pages on those rare ocasions, prefering to show him working as a hero,infact it does a better than most job of showing how being a hero is more work than hobby, especially when you are one of the strongest heros on the planet you get alot of calls to action. bla bla bla its really good and long enough to be something you marathon read for awhile and be a highlight of your day for quite some time.
sorry for the poorly written responce
>>
>>95121707
No worries. You've piqued my interest, anon. I'll try to pick up a volume next time I'm out.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.