[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was this so short lived?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

Why was this so short lived?
>>
>>95119259
low ratings
>>
>>95119259
It was on ABC
>>
Is it safe?
>>
>>95119259
Why are we walking like this?
>>
>>95119373
Is what safe?
>>
>>95119382
That was only last week
>>
>>95119259
Because Disney realized/decided that "weed and swearing about nerd shit" weren't the best basis for an animated series midway through production and basically gave up on it before it came on.

That it aired the episodes it did out of order didn't help, and IIRC it was counterprogrammed against something it had NO chance of beating.
>>
>>95119432
>weed and swearing about nerd shit

show was pg 13
>>
>>95119259

Because Smith was a greedy jew. UPN guaranteed like twelve episodes but ABC offered more money.

He talks about it on the commentary track for the dvd.
>>
>>95119455
Yeah, but the movies weren't.

And while the production shifted away from the tone/adult content of the movies during production, I guarantee that some studio executive was still complaining about how the 37 Dicks cartoon was bad for Disney right up until the show was cancelled.
>>
Would an independent uncensored version work nowadays?
>>
File: randall.png (184KB, 482x480px) Image search: [Google]
randall.png
184KB, 482x480px
It was really good.

Did anybody of note write for this show?
>>
>>95119508

Kevin Smith and Jason Mewes made their own cartoon movie called "Jay and Silent Bob's Super Groovy Cartoon Movie."

I never saw it but it looked really bad, the art just isn't good.
>>
File: jaysilentbob4_aummgq.jpg (58KB, 821x534px) Image search: [Google]
jaysilentbob4_aummgq.jpg
58KB, 821x534px
>>95119572
Of fuck the art style is atrocious. The clerks animated art style was neat, but this is like a lazy flash animation I did when I was 13
>>
>>95119614

Well the guy, Steve Stark, I think his name is, would make short, animated clips using audio from Smith's Smodcast podcast but then Jay got the idea for a movie and they tapped Stark to animate it.

So yeah, it's a movie made by a youtube animator.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.