[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

They really made an entire arc around a fucking awful song?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_7599.jpg (60KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7599.jpg
60KB, 640x360px
They really made an entire arc around a fucking awful song?
>>
>>95112758
I will never understand why /co/ doesn't hate those designs.
>>
>>95112758
Is this your fourth thread bitching about this show today?
>>
>>95112758
This is what happens when you pander to the audience.
>>
>arc

That's a very generous term, as this show does not have arcs.
>>
>>95112758
Yeah I'm confused too. The band will get a lot of downloads from stupid kiddies, but I wonder if they're content being "the Teen Titans Go" band.
>>
>>95112829
>this is pandering
>not samurai jack and multi-colored horses

Nice nitpicking.
>>
>>95112804
29th this week.
>>
>>95112848
I actually heard a story about this song on NPR. There is no band, it's a one-off track from Cartoon Network's production music library. It's the kind of track that gets written so a show can have audio that fits a specific scene, but doesn't need to be paid for- in this case, the writer was specifically trying for a sort of 80's power ballad. That it happened to take off this way was sort of a happy accident.
>>
>Awful song

Get out...
>>
>>95112758
you're right...

they should do more "you guys suck" or "waffles" episodes. is that what you want?
>>
>>95112798
Millenials don't dislike neo-80's and 90's.
>>
>>95112991
There's nothing happy about a shitshow like TTG gaining popularity.
>>
>>95112758
Disney rewrote an entire fucking film over a song.
>>
What are we talking about?
>>
>>95112991
Hm, that's pretty interesting. I'm still curious as to why CN picked that specific genre for a special.
>>
>>95112991
B.E.R. is a legit band, chuckle cunt.
>>
>>95113077
The staff of TTG are really big fans of the whole 80s thing.
>>
>>95113112
They're legit in that those three people made a song, but illegitimate in that B.E.R. did not exist before the special and is (most likely) not going to produce any more music
>>
>>95112829

No.
Audience pandering would be limiting TTG to 30 minutes of airtime a day and putting on literally anything else.
>>
Is this the same psycho that has a mental breakdown in the daily "muh schedule/ I hate TTG" thread he makes?
>>
>>95113026
the emperors new groove?
>>
>>95113209
dude, they were a band in the 90s.
>>
>Upon its official release, "The Night Begins To Shine" peaked at #23 on the Billboard Hot Rock Songs chart and #7 on the Billboard Rock Digital Songs chart.[4] The song was covered by popular musical artists, Fall Out Boy, CeeLo Green, and Puffy Amiyumi for a four-part television series featuring the band itself.[5]

A silly cartoon song charted on Billboard, never 5get
>>
>>95115539
god knows Billboard charts are reserved for the real musicians
>>
>>95115478

No they weren't. They were a group of musicians hired to make shitty generic background music for movies\tv. The music they made wasn't sold at the store and was written for when a movie\tv show\cartoon needed Generic 80's movie, or background country music, or vaguely Beatles music but didn't want to buy a real song. It was just an accident that their generic 80's music they wrote in the 90's was actually good, and an even bigger accident that the people that made the TTG cartoon found and liked this song.
>>
>>95112798
/co/ isn't a hivemind, but I agree, those designs are cancerous
>>95112863
No one was talking about them now were they?
>>95113007
It'd be no worse than this
>>95113026
But Disney does it well. Music is a good basis for a film. Like Fantasia.
>>
>>95112758
>They really made an entire arc around a fucking awful song?

Yes and it was fucking amazing. FUCK you OP
>>
>>95115808
What your not? Then what the fuck have I been hooking myself up to that keeps spouting random meaningless bullshit in my head?
>>
>>95116750

>Dude 80s LMAO

You're probably one of the reasons why shitty 80s toy commercials are viewed as god's gifts to man.
>>
>>95112758
Fuck you I liked it. Night Begins to Shine is a jam. But Forever is the best thing to come out of this.
>>
>>95115456
Frozen was rewritten around let it go.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.