[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's some of the best/favorite comics you've read /co/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 9

File: Favorite comic.jpg (148KB, 619x960px) Image search: [Google]
Favorite comic.jpg
148KB, 619x960px
What's some of the best/favorite comics you've read /co/?
>>
File: IMG_4908.gif (21KB, 400x412px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4908.gif
21KB, 400x412px
>>95112735
>>
File: Haitisnake.gif (2MB, 300x197px) Image search: [Google]
Haitisnake.gif
2MB, 300x197px
Definitely BP and the Crew
>>
>>95112735
Ironically? Current Captain America, Trouble, the clone saga, Civil War 2, Zero Hour, Marville,

Seriously? Usagi Yojimbo, anything by Ed Brubaker, Astro City, The old Savage Sword of Conan books, Busiek/Perez Avengers, Claremont X-Men until Outback, James Robinson Starman, Vertigo Hellblazer, Johns JSA, Waid Flash, Baron's Punisher, Kirby's 4th world stuff, Lee/Kirby FF

I've read a lot of great things and a lot of horrible eye gouging material.
>>
File: The Shadow Strikes #1.jpg (289KB, 1024x1578px) Image search: [Google]
The Shadow Strikes #1.jpg
289KB, 1024x1578px
>>95112735
Pick related is a favourite of mine. I also loved Mick Carey's Lucifer and The Sub-Mariner (1968).
>>
File: fav - comics.jpg (1MB, 2016x1568px) Image search: [Google]
fav - comics.jpg
1MB, 2016x1568px
Not in exact order but Watchmen, God Butcher/Bomb & SS Requiem are definitely in the top 3.
Uncanny X-Force should probably be lower because of the lame arc with Captain Britain & the come down in art quality between Opena & Noto.
Haunted should be higher.
>>
File: 2548798-01_cropped.jpg (88KB, 629x960px) Image search: [Google]
2548798-01_cropped.jpg
88KB, 629x960px
>>95116817
Forgot to mention The Twelve is a great comic and so is The Marvels Project.
>>
>>95117197
Heh, I have this in my favorites to read right now. Nice.
>>
>>95112735
The Batman & Looney Tunes crossover. One-shot comics are the only things that get me anymore because they don't have to pull punches with characters so there's more suspense.
>So she moves in that way, you know the one. And I told her, I think I see a puddy tat.
>>
File: shazam.jpg (283KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
shazam.jpg
283KB, 500x750px
Monster Society of Evil

It made me love the (DC) Captain Marvel character, went and read a bunch others later on
>>
>>95112735
Everything Busiek's done. I can't wait for Creature of the Night
>>
>>95115121
>Baron's Punisher

Early on that shit was fucking fantastic. The more weird shit and ill-advised bullshit they did, the worse it got.
>>
Recently?

I'm not a huge Alan Moore fan, but I read Top 10 (and the Smax spin-off) and really liked it a lot.
>>
>>95117495
>We lost! Quick, eat the children!

Oh, Sobek.
>>
File: download.jpg (11KB, 195x259px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
11KB, 195x259px
All time favorite
> The goon
I got this on a whim because Amazon recommended it to me and I wanted something new. Ended up loving it and now own every single goon comic. The only downside is at the end they said there is going to be a spin off in the same universe but I've heard nothing more about it.

God tier
>Hellboy/B.P.R.D/anything else set in that universe
I've seen it said plenty of times on /co/ that no one talks about hellboy/bprd on co because the general opinion is that it is excellent and there isn't anything to hate so there isn't much room for discussion.
If you haven't checked it out definitely do so. The first few hellboy stories are rather weak but after mignola picks up steam it just doesn't let up. it is a great universe and has pretty good art. Bprd is so good that even after the original main characters leave, the quality still doesn't drop and even gets better.
>Hitman
What was originally pitched as a super hero assassin who could read minds and had xray vision ended up being one of the best series about friendship and loyalty that I've ever read. I usually don't like Ennis but damn this is good.

>other things I've enjoyed
>transmetropolitan
can get kind of neck beardy but overall it is really good and has one of the best climaxes I've read.

>Uncanny x-force
good art, good story , good series

>Peter David x-factor
Peter David turned Jamie Maddrox into my favorite marvel character. Honestly if I could bring back any writer to do more on a previous run it would be Peter David and x-factor with Jamie as the main character again.

>Bendis Daredevil
I know what you're thinking "Bendis are you serious, marvels Bendis , the Bendis that writes for marvel ?" yes that Bendis. Bendis used to be really really good which is why he got popular. This run and Ultimate Spider-Man (another good read up until death of Peter Parker but even after it isn't bad) are the reason he became really popular and then got put on everything
>>
>>95117495
Literally the only issue I had with this mini is that Smith draws mary and billy like toddlers

like, what? You can even see his sketches in the behind-the-scenes section where draws them with more normal proportions
>>
>>95116817
Sounds like a great choice, picked up Year One and thought that was great, wasn't sure where to go next with the Shadow-- now I do
>>
>>95118699
Matt Wagner also did The Shadow: The Death of Margo Lane and Grendel vs. The Shadow. They are both solid Shadow books to follow Year One with.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.