[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who'd buy the rights to these guys first? Marvel or DC?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

File: SGFT.png (45KB, 626x300px) Image search: [Google]
SGFT.png
45KB, 626x300px
Who'd buy the rights to these guys first?
Marvel or DC?
>>
>>95109367
DC already produces Space Ghost comics, Freakazoid is property of WB so DC could make a comic if they wanted, Ben Edlund isn't giving up the Tick.
>>
Disney
>>
>>95109367

DC is part of Warner Brothers, and has already made a few Space Ghost comics. Freakazoid is also part of Warner Brothers.

The Tick seems to be independent, still.
>>
>>95109367
Space Ghost is part of Hanna-Barbera, WB owns Hanna-Barbera and DC.

Freakazoid was a Warner Brothers cartoon.

Seriously OP, you need to read up on stuff before you post.
>>
>>95109407

Edlund was initially completely fine with selling the entirety of the Tick to FOX back when the cartoon took off until someone or something convinced him otherwise. I think that's around the time Two Strange Warm Men and the City of Their Dreams came out.
>>
>>95109445
>The Tick seems to be independent, still.

I'm sure it would be possible to put him in a crossover with those others. I mean, it wouldn't be unprecedented.
>>
This wasn't a well thought out thread.
>>
But would DC make a Freakazoid comic? They're into super realistic and dark and edgy now.
>>
>tfw no Freakazoid comic
Get on that shit, DC.
>>
>>95109601
>>95109610
Freakazoid>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Harley Quinn.
>>
>>95109367
Why buy Freakazoid when DH already own the comic he was ripping off?
>>
>>95109367
>No Freakazoid/The Tick crossover.

Why live?
>>
File: RCO011_1485940046.jpg (573KB, 1041x1600px)
RCO011_1485940046.jpg
573KB, 1041x1600px
>>95109601
>he's never read a DC comic
>>95109635
I could see a Freakazoid/Harley crossover desu senpai.
>>
>>95109647
I think Mike Alred owns Madman while Dark Horse just publishes it.
>>
>>95109367
Jeez, of all the boards, I expect /co/ to know IP ownership. What board you come from OP?
>>
>>95109665
All the Robins look the same in this. And Bruce looks like Archer.
>>
File: Archer.png (398KB, 713x403px)
Archer.png
398KB, 713x403px
>>95109847
ROBIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN
DANGAH ZONE
>>
>>95109647

To be fair, it's really just the exclamation mark on his logo and the costume in general that they ripped off. The two characters aren't that similar in terms of personality/their adventures.
>>
The Tick and Freakazoid are better than most DC/Marvel heroes these days, they both rank pretty high on my fave heroes list.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.