[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What were your first memories of Batman: The Animated Series?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

File: Batman.jpg (46KB, 584x396px) Image search: [Google]
Batman.jpg
46KB, 584x396px
What were your first memories of Batman: The Animated Series?
>>
First moments of first episode, early morning.
Man-Bat.
>>
The Clayface episode will always stick in my head.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgWBvRmP1bc
>>
Only episodes I remember really well are the ones when Ivy fucked up Harley and turned him into Two Face and when Bruce went undercover in a Cool Hand Luke esque prison camp and I cried a bit when Bruce got put in a whole with one of the workers who cried about missing his family and Bruce goes full trauma and remembers his parents
>>
I'll never forget this line
I am vengeance, i am the night, i am batman!
>>
>>95108436
The intro. I remember seeing that one day after school and going fucking bananas. Than and Superman TAS back to back after school is the image of my childhood.
>>
Earliest was me arguing with a friend and saying I didn't like it.

Later I grew to love it.

The latest memory is far more bittersweet.
>>
File: 1491116032377.jpg (35KB, 739x533px) Image search: [Google]
1491116032377.jpg
35KB, 739x533px
My fetish.
>>
>>95108742
You into guro, anon?
>>
File: mad as a hatter.jpg (23KB, 320x241px) Image search: [Google]
mad as a hatter.jpg
23KB, 320x241px
>>95108481
Yup, same with me.

Although I think the B:TAS memory that's resonated the most was the Mad Hatter episode when it first aired. It really fascinated me just how sympathetic and extremely disturbing Tetch was all at the same time, whereas a lot of other villains were either in one category or the other.
>>
>>95108436
Sitting in the dining room, on the old tile floor we used to have back then, and watching the Man Bat episode on FOX11 as it aired, and thinking it was cool. Didn't have a TV in my room yet, and the one in the common area was sort of small with rabbit ears antenna. I feel like it aired sometime in the evening, I want to say 5 or 6pm. I remember that The Wonder Years, that show with Fred Savage, came on either before or after it. This is also around the time that Thursdays were hype because it meant new Simpsons.

>What would you do if I sang you a tune
>>
>>95108436
"What is Batman's true identity?" I'm being dead serious here, BTAS was my first exposure to Batman, I was young back then and it was an episode where Bruce's connection to Batman was never made, or at least what I think as I don't really remember.
>>
>>95108436
First episode I ever watched was Heart of Ice.
>>
>>95108436
dat Red Claw
>>
>>95108436
Kinda when I downloaded it the last week or so. I could say it never aired in Spain, I'm watching it now. I remember Batman Beyond, though, it confused me seeing batman as an old man, I was kinda used to cartoons never ageing.
>>
>>95108436
Seeing the intro. And seeing part of an episode where a kid gets hit by a train.
>>
>>95108481
I though it debuted at night.
>>
>>95108758
Just peril.
>>
>>95109373
That's how I remember it
>>
pretty sure i saw an episode where then penguin floated with an umbrella, so i went outside and tried jumping off the shed with an umbrella
>>
>>95109410
fucking hell anon, you're the retarded kid we always said didn't exist when someone says "think of the children."

It's people like you that made it so action cartoons don't exist anymore except for 2 minute clips of that justice league jernt DC refuses to actually make/release.
>>
>>95109629
pfft, my parents didnt give a fuck what i watched on tv or what i did around the trailer park, so long as it didn't involve magic cards/demonology
>>
>>95108436
One of the episodes with Ra's.
>>
>>95109698
pshhhh demons are for plebs. jesus is for the real patricians.
>>
>>95108436
Christmas with the Joker. Specifically the scene where he flees Arkham riding a Christmas tree and the scene later when he's laughing at Batman and Robin through the tv screen.
>>
>>95108436
I don't remember which is my first, but the episodes that always stuck out in my memory were the Clayface ones, and the episode with the gangster, the priest, and the flashbacks to playing on train tracks.
>>
>>95108436
the second part of the Catwoman/Red claw two-parter
thats how they started airing the episodes in my the netherlands at least (Telekids saterday mornings, fuck yeah)

I did think as a kid if this was in the same continuity as the Live action series
>>
>>95108436
Being told how amazing it was
Then being amazed by it
>>
>>95108858
>This is what I've waited my whole, lonely, life for her!
>Then all you've waited for is a puppet. A soulless little doll.
>>
File: Freeze_makes_a_vow.jpg (17KB, 333x250px) Image search: [Google]
Freeze_makes_a_vow.jpg
17KB, 333x250px
>This is how I'll always remember you - surrounded by winter, forever young... forever beautiful. Rest well, my love. The monster who took you from me will soon learn that revenge is a dish... best served cold
>>
>>95108436
That Robin was a total bitch and might as well not have been there
>>
>>95109799
Actually, now that I think, one of my oldest memories is watching the Clock King episode at my grandparents house.
>>
>>95109912
I'd forgotten about the ending of that episode until now.
...Wonder what if Boyle was still at the bottom of the ocean while Terry was Batmanning around.
>>
I remember a scene where Batman is britally axing some plants that Poson Ivy unleashed on him. But I don't recall if that was from the series or from one of its tied-in games. Can someone link that scene? i can't find it.
>>
>>95108436
I remember it as the last cartoon to air every night before CN went off the air to make way for TCM, and that I was scared shitless of the faces the Joker toxin victims had in the Laughing Fish episode.
>>
File: IMG_0466.jpg (38KB, 654x501px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0466.jpg
38KB, 654x501px
>>95111197
Forgot pic
>>
I remember that i didn't liked the show very much, because they aired it a ton back then. Also, the sound was very quiet (spic dub), so i had to rise the volume, and then lower it again during commercials. I remember feeling hype with the "I am vengance" quote.

Since i became a Batman fan thanks to the Arkham games, it's now one of my favorite cartoons.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.