[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A-Listers that can't sell a book thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: The_Sub-Mariner.jpg (72KB, 500x745px) Image search: [Google]
The_Sub-Mariner.jpg
72KB, 500x745px
Who are some A-Listers that can't sell a book?
>>
Fantastic Four, Ghost Rider
>>
>>95107723
>Fantastic Four
They can sell as much as Iron Man.

>Ghost Rider
B-lister
>>
>>95107651
>>95107723
The fact that they can't sell a book kind of excludes them from A-list status, doesn't it?

Is A-list not defined as recognition+selling power?
>>
>>95107786
-Lister is a shit concept either case. It promotes the notion that a character is as good as its popularity.
>>
>>95107651
An a lister is a book selling,easily recognisable and major player in the main universe,namor is none of those things hes a C lister

Also Captain Marvel
>>
>>95107786
>The fact that they can't sell a book kind of excludes them from A-list status, doesn't it?
So says the common sense, but according to /co/, Namor is an a-lister despite being unable to sell.
>>
>>95107651
Implying he's an A-Lister. This is not the 50s
>>
>>95107786
Fantastic Four COULD sell books but they CAN'T because of Perlmutter bs

>>95107784
Ghost Rider is a B lister now but was an A lister in the 70s and late 80s early 90s
>>
>>95107910
he had a successful solo series throughout the 60s and 70s

he's best suited as a Fantastic Four villain
>>
>>95107651
He can sell a book.

The problem is he hasn't had a good book to sell in nearly 80 years.
>>
>>95107813
I don't think anyone believes it has anything to do with quality. It's just to distance "big-name" ones from the rest.
>>
>>95108448
>he had a successful solo series throughout the 60s and 70s
That never sold more than "Superman's Girlfriend Lois Lane".

If Namor is an a-lister, what is Lois Lane? S-Lister? And how about Batman, Superman and Spider-Man?
>>
>Namor
>a-lister
Did I accidentally time slipped into the 40s?
>>
If they don't sell they're not A-listers. Namor can sell books but it's not a solid guarantee. He works best as a supporting character in a tanking Fantastic Four comic. Speaking of which, FF is shit. Just wanted to add that.
>>
>>95108493
You're an idiot. Superman's Girlfriend is like the top 5 book every year throughout the entire 60s selling more than even Batman and Detective some years. Your comparison is meaningless seeing as by that standard even Spider-Man sucksfrom:egabbert since:2009-05-12 until:2009-06-12
>>
File: 4654645.png (372KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
4654645.png
372KB, 600x600px
>>
>>95107651
Should have started the thread with an A-lister instead of a D-lister then, anon.
>>
>>95108632
But this is why it doesn't make sense.

If Namor is an "A-lister" because he had a decent-selling book in the 60's, then Lois Lane is an S-lister, since she used to sell like fucking water during the same period.
>>
File: mfw virgins.jpg (89KB, 970x545px) Image search: [Google]
mfw virgins.jpg
89KB, 970x545px
>>95107841
Oh hey, it's that Arthurfag with an inferiority complex so bad that he has to kick the sickly dog that is Namor's popularity while it's down.
How have you been?
>>
I don't think you can be an A-Lister with no cartoon or movie
>>
>>95108615
>FF is shit
Commit suicide, you piece of garbage.
>>
>>95108651
;_;
>>
>>95108726
Go take your medicine.

The world's most boring superhero team might as well be considered dead forever. Good riddance I say. Useless characters that doesn't function anywhere anymore.
>>
>>95108839
The Thing was the only good character.
>>
>>95108839
Hi, Kike! How's that Inhumans show working out for ya?
>>
>>95108878
The Inhumans are even worse than FF actually.
>>
>>95108839
Johnny and Ben are great, shut up.
>>
>>95107651
>Namor
>A-lister

You for real?
>>
>>95107813
No one thinks that retard, it's to denote popularity and everyone knows that
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.