[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Defenders

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_7457.jpg (32KB, 517x284px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7457.jpg
32KB, 517x284px
Why didn't Stick just email Tony Stark asking for help?
>>
>>95099883
Did Stick have an e-mail account?
>>
>>95099883
>Why didn't Stick just email
He's blind! #debunked

Next question.
>>
>>95099911
>>95099936

The practical response. The secondary one would likely be along the linws of some crotchety old snide remark about not needing some spoiled rich boy's help in matters he knows jack squat about.
>>
>>95099883
Cause they are non canon
>>
>>95099970
I also see some parallels with Fury in that Stick while aware of large, hidden threats doesn't trust anyone outside a small circle.
Much how Fury used Widow to infiltrate Tony and get him on their side, Stick sent Elektra to Matt. Matt like Tony is expected to coordinate if not lead a group in the stead of the true superior. Both are reluctant but come to see the importance of team work, and both sacrifice themselves for the sake of others despite being reserved earlier.

Of course Elektra was also a ticking time bomb who ended up killing Stick, so there's that little flaw in the method.
>>
>>95099883
cause Tony Stank is a fuck up and it would just lead to The Defenders being arrested
>>
>>95100101
I mean they blew up a large skyscraper in the middle of New York City

They probably should have been arrested
>>
File: 1401075382222.jpg (220KB, 910x712px) Image search: [Google]
1401075382222.jpg
220KB, 910x712px
It's actually more logical to ask why Danny didn't contact Stark or Strange since he's the more inclined to be making connections in upper or mystical circles than the others who are loners or lower class and can't jet set or throw their title weight.

The answer, of course, is Danny's written as a nonentity. He's done all of skip out on meetings before dropping in suddenly to give his board members a headache without contributing anything aside from ambiguous moral rhetoric and then leaving everything for the Meachums to deal with while he continues to neglect his responsibilities in Rand Enterprises and K'un Lun.

So far his greatest accomplishment as the Iron Fist has been opening a door for the Hand, the exact opposite thing he was meant to do. Meanwhile Stick killed Nobu and Sowande, Elektra killed Alexandra, Colleen killed Bakuto and Murakami was likely killed by Gao to remove competition and substance supply. So literally everyone but the Iron Fist has done their job and his job. Three individuals in fact were/are Hand. So if anything it seems K'un Lun should have sent the Hand to stop the Iron Fist.

Meanwhile on the other side of the incompetence coin, aside from buying and keeping Colleen's shitty little dojo running in between taking her on expensive trips Danny boy''s done jack shit with his other inheritance to help anyone. I'm not even talking a wealthy should help the poor moral thing.
Remember the hobo who helped him out when he first arrived? No? Neither did Danny. No funeral or anything. The crazy guy who tried to get him to kill himself but then also explained how backwards and corrupt the institution was? Fuck 'em. The other hobo in China who gave Colleen information at the risk of his life? Not his problem.

Aside from Sabina and Joy, both of whom really aren't actually guaranteed any safety by Danny, I'm not sure where Danny's role as a Defender has been established.
The last thing he actively and successfully defended was his 51% sharehold.
>>
>>95099883
Are the netflix shows in the same universe as the MCU? Sounds awful if true.
>>
>>95100337
Not exactly. It's more like the Netflix stuff shares elements from the MCU but so far in a one way road fashion.
There are allusions and indirect name drops but the most direct example I find is that the source of Diamondback's Luke-Cage-penetrating bullet is said to originate from Hammer Industries scavenging remains of extraterrestrial metal left after the incident in New York.
So at the very least the events leading up to that need to be canon in Luke Cage and in order for Luke to have ended up in jail to leave in Defenders, so that ties them and their stuff to him, and him to the first Avengers movie.
>>
>>Tony: A Ninja Death Cult is going to sink NYC? Yeah right!

Did it bug anyone else how people had a hard time swallowing the fantastical stuff of their universe?
>>
>>95100337
How is that awful?
>>95100764
Say what you want about Iron Fist but it bring up the point that ever since the first Avengers tons of people are starting claim they have powers and in reality they're either bullshitting or crazy.
>>
>>95099883
One thing I didn't get was WHY were the going to destroy the city?

I understand the earthquake shit, it was needed to get to the dragon bones so they can continue to live forever, but what? They just felt like destroying the city after they got the bones? I feel like I missed an actual reason for this.
>>
>>95100902
Danny learns while spying on Elektra and Gao at the tail end that removal of the bones would eventually somehow result in significant structural weakness that it would cause the surrounding areas to collapse inward and the effect of that would cascade.

I don't buy it honestly, but that's what they were selling.
>>
>>95100902
It seemed like the digging would cause the city to be destroyed and they just saw it as an acceptable consequence for immortality.
>>
>>95099883
becuase https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciWAI1YUxLA
>>
>>95099883
Ike Perlmutter shut down his internet and cut the phone line.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.