[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New 52 was shit but if done right could have been an amazing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: new-52-justice-league[1].jpg (339KB, 1469x951px) Image search: [Google]
new-52-justice-league[1].jpg
339KB, 1469x951px
New 52 was shit but if done right could have been an amazing way to reintroduce the lore and universe of DC while trimming the fat retcons. How do you think it should have been done? I will start
>Have the superman comic come out first that reintroduces him as the first super hero but also explains how he got his powers in a concise way
>Create The Flash and the speed force but don't actually introduce it right away, hint to it and built up to it for years but once it's revealed it actually has an effect on the DC universe as a type of speed barrier that only Flashes can break
>Have the Guardians of the universe be hinted to and be a thing before any earthling JL is introduced
>Get rid of stupid bullshit like the "negative speed force"
>Don't use Barry or Hal again since these are legacy heroes we can use new heroes to prop up
>>
>>95096013
Nu52 was shit doesn't matter how you slice it, Flashpoint was another COIE that no one asked.
>>
I enjoyed Geoff Johns' Aquaman. Just me?
>>
>>95096013
I would also add Cybog not being a part of the league. Seriously, he feels so out of place even today and it's been 6 years.
>>
>>95096296
He will never be in Place. The justice league was supposed to be filled with iconic silver age characters.
>>
>>95096013
N52 was a solution no one asked for. If they wanted to bring in new readers, they shouldn't have done it by bastardizing characters' legacy in leiu of "young and hip" heroes. New readers wanted to be apart of the DC universe, and n52 was a shitty on-ramp. Especially considering the events were nearly ALL garbage.
>>
New 52 had a lot of good shit. Johns Aquaman, Morrison Superman, Snyder Batman, it's just people get pissy about shit they don't even read.
>>
>>95096781
>it's just people get pissy about shit they don't even read
Sums up the comic book community pretty succinctly. Nine times out of ten if someone's getting REALLY mad about something in comic books, it's because they just heard the premise on a news site and went nuts at the mere idea of it. More often the people who actually read whatever inane thing it is either find out the execution is better than expected or it's just mediocre tripe rather than anus-destroyingly awful. There are obviously exceptions of course, there are some truly awful comics out there, but it's far more common for people to just shit all over something they never even tried like a baby who won't eat vegetables.
>>
>>95096781
>Snyder Batman
>good
>>
>>95096781
>"A lot" of good shit
N52 had SOME good shit. It was 70% garbage, with a few gems here and there.
>>
>>95096781
>Wally is nigger
>Wildstorm characters are now part of the DCU
>Cass Cain is Orphan
>>
>>95096013

The problem with the reboot is that it wasn't handled well at all. Flashpoint was just meant to be a cool Flash story/event, not a fucking sweeping reboot. With Crisis on Infinite Earths and what came after there was actually some care put into it; an example of no care being put into what came after Flashpoint is Batman and the Green Lanterns' continuity being kept while no one else's was, and Morrison and Perez not being on the same footing regarding Superman.

If they'd wanted to do something similar to Crisis on Infinite earth with things like Man of Steel, Batman Year One, Perez' Wonder Woman but EVEN MORE MODERN I wouldn't have had a massive issue, but they didn't do that.
>>
>>95096960
6 years later and you can't come up with better bait.
>>
>>95096013
>as the first super hero

The JSA existing on a seperate Earth is a mistake. Just keep the main talking points of Post-Crisis canon but retcon out the grimderp stuff from the very end like Cry for Justice.
>>
>>95096013
Didio wanted to reboot to stroke his ego. Lee wanted SuperWonder, that was all the plan they had.
Short term it worked, because they got bigger sales.Long term they managed to piss off people twice, those that didn't like the n52, and those that don't like Rebirth
>>
>>95096296
What do you mean?
Cyborg was clearly always a league member.
>>
>>95097376
Blue Beetle being magical is the most bullshit thing about Rebirth
>>
>>95096221

Aquaman definitely benefited the most from New 52. Johns was pretty close to making him an A-tier hero. It's a shame the Others didn't work out.
>>
>>95097764
>Aquaman lol
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.