[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

She Hulk 2016

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: uioi.png (1018KB, 961x628px) Image search: [Google]
uioi.png
1018KB, 961x628px
APOLOGIZE
>>
>>95091745
No
>>
>>95091745
Why, it is okay for a couple issues but went to shit
>>
>>95091745
It was a shitty book.

>Marvel: Hey, let's take this fun and happy character and give her PSTD and make her edgy and grimderp!!!!

What the fuck, Marvel?
>>
>>95091849
I think Ike and Brevoort are trying to secretly pull a FF/X-Men on Hulk since Mark Ruffalo revealed that Marvel Studios can't make a Standalone Hulk movie because of Universal. Because of this they are trying to kill the Hulk brand by killing off Bruce, making She-Hulk serious and edgy, and ruining Cho.
>>
>>95091963
>He still thinks it's all a plan and not just incompetence.
>>
>>95092072
Can't it be both?
>>
>>95091745
It wasn't as bad as everyone said, a little boring but the fact that it was a female written book with a female lead that didn't try to do the quirky #relatable bullshit every other female targeted book did is at least somewhat commendable
>>
>>95091745
I does look pretty metal
>>
>>95091849
I think they were trying to make Jennifer the new Banner Hulk while Cho would be the new funny and happy Hulk with Totally Awesome

>>95092901
Agreed. I think a lot of the hate comes from how Marvel went about it with Jen getting taken out with a missile to the tits and Bruce getting taken out with an Anti-Hulk arrow despite not being the Hulk for nearly a year...
>>
File: she-hulk-3.jpg (493KB, 1242x960px) Image search: [Google]
she-hulk-3.jpg
493KB, 1242x960px
>>95091745
On behalf of /co/*, I would like to sincerely apologize to Mr. Charles Soule and Mr. Javier Pulido for hating their She-Hulk title. We admit we shitposted about it to death for no good reason. We admit we didn't recognize Mr. Soule's brilliant input on the character. We admit our shitty taste made us irrationally hate Mr. Pulido's fine pencils and panelwork. We did not know how good we had it.

We are truly sorry, now that we've seen the consequences of our actions incarnated in this terrible comic about She-Hulk as an incompetent fag hag where nothing happens.

We thought we knew better, and we didn't.

Signed, Anonymous of /co/.

*and by /co/ I mean everyone but me, for I have patrician taste and liked it from the start. Fuck you, people.
>>
>>95091745
I will after you take your /tv/ meme back to your incredibly shitty home board and stay there forever.
>>
>>95091745
Marvel wants have their cake and eat it too.They don't want Bruce Banner around anymore but they know what made hulk unique from the rest was the constant emotional stigma that comes with being the hulk. It would be too redundant to have 2 hulk titles where the protagonist is in complete control of their powers. So they throw it onto She-Hulk which ruined her character imo. Still, a series in the hands of a competent writer would be saving grace to a bad concept. Too bad that isn't the case.
>>
>>95095742
>They don't want Bruce Banner around anymore

Why. Think carefully before you answer.
>>
>>95095777
Movie rights/legacy/sjw replacement bullshit.
Probably both.
>>
>making up conspiracy theories about muh sjws and trying to kill a brand

Tamaki is a graphic novel writer, this and Supergirl were her first attempts at serialized monthly stories, no shit the pacing is going to be off.

It comes out better in trades, which we all know is what Marvel cares about.

Totally Awesome Hulk was good until they side-tracked it with the Asian-American Avengers storyline and GOLLY GEE JEREMY LIN two-parter, you just only read about him in other books where he's a turbochad for some reason.
>>
>>95095596
I'm not going to apologize for disliking Pulido's artwork on that book. He can do better and he should have.
>>
>>95095742
>It would be too redundant to have 2 hulk titles where the protagonist is in complete control of their powers.

No, that's dumb. Plus, both Jen (now, for some reason) and Cho have issues controlling their powers.

>>95097095
They literally just put him in a movie/what?/nope.
>>
>>95091849
Wasn't even my fucking problem.
I was totally open to giving that idea a try, taking She-Hulk in a different direction, trying something more dramatic and serious. Yea sure, why not?

The execution was so god awful. There's this painfully slow build but you (at very least I) think it's going to be worth it. We're going to see this crazy scarred "Savage She-Hulk" that Jennifer can't control. And like >>95095527 said

>make Jennifer the new Banner Hulk

And this scarred thing was going to be her "out of control" form. But not in the slightest is that what you get. No collateral damage, no scaring innocent people, no uncontrollably attacking friends. Just a she hulk that pretty much acts like She-Hulk that says she's so much angrier now. with guest appearances from Hellcat to break up the monotony of page after page of Jen's inner monologue about freaking out with page after page girl talk about how Jen doesn't want to talk about how she's freaking out.
>>
>>95097185
>No, that's dumb. Plus, both Jen (now, for some reason) and Cho have issues controlling their powers.
They kinda tried make that a thing for Cho but not once does that ever go anywhere. Same with Jen in her shitty book unfortunately but I chalk that up to bad writing.

>They literally just put him in a movie/what?/nope
If i'm not mistaken universal owns the rights to make Hulk solo fims, not marvel/Hulk being replaced by a legacy character in his own book like almost every other major character makes me believe otherwise.

Why don't you tell me the reason then, o wise anon.
>>
>>95092901
>a female lead that didn't try to do the quirky #relatable bullshit every other female targeted book did
What? She surrounded herself with gay effeminate men and battled the patriarchy at every opportunity. Her inner monologues were entirely quirky #relatable bullshit. She never fought crime. She barely transformed at all or made good use of her powers.
>>
>>95097156
This. I'm not going to read crap just because I have the hindsight to see something much worse was going to take it's place.
>>
>>95095596
Soule is a shitty writer
>>
>>95091745
They should.
>>
>>95095369
It's not.
>>
>>95099355
Agreed.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.