[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What could've been

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 3

File: iron-fist-lewis-tan.jpg (44KB, 748x439px) Image search: [Google]
iron-fist-lewis-tan.jpg
44KB, 748x439px
Lewis Tan was interviewed for the role of Iron Fist but they made him the drunken henchmen guy instead.
>>
>>95090430
His character was cringy as fuck. Finn is a shitty Danny, but pandering to Tumblr wouldn't have solved the terrible writting or choreography.
>>
>>95090460
This Danny was dimply impossible to like, he was simply retarded doing bullshit after bullshit to the point even parody movies heroes looked smarter, there was nothing of interesting or likeable about the character.
>>
I'm sure it was just a token mention. Something they did that they were never going to follow through on just so they could say they did it. Happens all the time with casting. Danny was always going g to be white and blond
>>
>>95090430
Good. Iron Fist is supposed to be a white outsider.
>>
>>95090430
is the script and the choreography, he could be ok for the role of a white billionaire trained by ninjas, wich is what the character is, I'm still upset that he doesn't wear the mask and shave that neckbeard
>>
Cool, so it would have been a half-asian guy in a show where the fight choreography was figured out 20 minutes before shooting and looked like junk in a fucking kung fu hero show. Who gives a shit?
>>
>>95090430
I loved him as drunken henchman. I'd be stoked if he came back. Literally one appearance and I want to see more. Wouldn't have been a good fit for Danny though. Don't wanna see Tan bitch and moan as much as Finn was required to do.
>>
>>95090430
It wouldn't have saved the series since they made Danny a whiney entitled idiot.
>>
>>95090679
So he's Batman?
>>
>>95090679
>>95092254

He wasnt trained by fucking ninjas, he grew up in K'un-Lun steeped in training and martial arts, he's the goddamn Iron Fist.

Which is why I'm pissed off they half assed it all so much. Like I get that they have a budget and can't do a Shao Lao sequence and shit like that but you could at least get the little things right...

should have adapted the first arc of IIF, and then introduced Danny to the rest of the chars in the second season.

Plus we'd get a cool old dude as Orson, kinda like Stick from the first season of DD
>>
>>95092254
No, Batman has no magic powers and he doest have a gorillion gadgets to fight the crime, Batman in Marvel could be something between Ironman and Daredevil with the look of Moon Knight, DC Iron fist is Richard Dragon I think
>>
>>95090430
Tan is Asian, Danny Rand is not.
>>
>>95092531
I'm pretty sure Iron Fist is a Karate kid(DC) rip off, both are young men and the greatest fighters of earth, plus they got the ability to hurt pretty much anyone with superhuman techniques even heroes like Thor and Superman.
>>
>>95093701
Fuck man I was hoping so much for an iron fist movie or show I was pretty let down. I'd take tumblr pandering and have an Asian iron fist if it meant anything other than we got. Seriously I don't wanna sound like a hipster but I've loved iron fist since I was a wee lad. I loved iron fist before he was even a thing. I'm really disappointed. I'm even more disappointed my friend, my best friend, not only likes it but loves it. I'm terrified cause I couldn't even finish the defenders and have no faith him, cage, and misty will have any chemistry. Fuck.
>>
>>95090430
>drunken henchmen guy

That fight was disappointing as fuck. I mean most of the fight scenes were. But don't tease me with drunken boxing and then deliver that shit.
>>
>>95090430
Changing the actor would not have fixed the numerous issues with the writing.
>>
>>95094006
1. Cast Scott Adkins
2. Get blonde hair dye
3. Acting lessons
And that's how you make Iron Fist good, Netflix.
>>
>>95090430
>what could've been
we could have somehow had a worse Danny
>>
>>95090430
How to save Iron Fist.
>Get someone who knows his shit.
>Bring real coreographers and directors (not the shitty director that is being doing the whole netflix marvel shit)
>Film this shit like a martial art movie and not a super heroes move.
>Don't force Iron Fist to have the entire fight his fist closed, its retarded.

Done, and the actor could be whoever blond dude you want.
>>
This is a scene featuring Nick Frost kung-fu fighting done on a TV budget

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MREdZPsNLk

And it is by no means the best fighting scene ever made. There are better fights featuring Nick Frost in the show even. But it is better than (and I'm being gracious here) almost all of the fights in Iron Fist, because the fight is modeled around what Nick Frost can do, and what he can't do (a sideflip) is the only part a stuntman is required for.

The problem is not that Danny needed to be an Asian, or even a martial arts guy. The problem is that choreography was the lowest priority of the showrunner of a martial arts show and no amount of diversity was going to fix that.
>>
File: 797896789698.gif (2MB, 354x200px) Image search: [Google]
797896789698.gif
2MB, 354x200px
>>95090430
So a guy you like more is still trapped in a show with terrible writing, good job.
>>
>>95090430
I'm grateful.

Somehow it's enraging and much less endearing to watch a buff competent looking Chad fucking up and being retarded while trying their hardest to be a hero than it is to watch a small skinny white kid. Netflix Danny is like a puppy and he'd be much less tolerable if he wasn't so qt and seemingly vunerable. He doesn't fit being comics Danny but Netflix Danny is written as being somewhat stupid and incompetent.
>>
>>95092531
>DC Iron fist is Richard Dragon I think

I'd say Karate Kid. But that's the future
>>
Don't want to see Joy Meachum getting RICED in season 2, since that's where they're heading.
>>
>>95092480

this. All they had to do was have a badass Orson with his guns and shit blowing people away. Then danny appears and learns to be iron fist. Would of been a million times better.

He's white. Why the fuck are people wanting an asian IF? Seriously the fuck ?
>>
>>95090430
>Lewis Tan was interviewed for the role of Iron Fist but they made him the drunken henchmen guy instead
How does that solve the shit writing, the piss poor characterization of pretty much everyone, the weak directing and the lazy action scenes?

Finn Jones is pretty bad, but the whole show was bad.
>>
>>95098990
He's supposed to be a master of Kung Fu, which is an Asian thing. A white person being a master of Kung Fu is cultural appropriation.
>>
>>95099223
>90s
>asian actors infamously bitched about only being cast in kung-fu roles
>today
>asians actors and sjws bitch about white people "stealing" these roles
Man, sometimes I wonder whats the point in even making movies anymore.
>>
>>95092531
>Batman has no magic powers
hahahahahahah
>>
>>95098940
Remind me, why was Joy even mad at Danny at the end, to the point where she was conspiring to kill him? I completely forgot. She literally knows nothing that happened was his fault.
>>
>>95099223
Pretty realistic though. I'd take a russian Sambo fighter or a Brasilian BJJ black belt over any asian judoka or jiu jitsu master.
>>
>>95090460
>or choreography
It would have helped since that dude is a martial artist.
>>
>Lewis Tan was interviewed for the role of Iron Fist
Nope, he Auditioned for the role, Interviewed imply's he was in the running for the character or that they went to him witch is neither the case.
He tried for the role and was turned down for it because they felt he was not what they were looking for in the role. However he impressed them so much they cast him as Zhou Cheng

>they made him the drunken henchmen guy instead
YOU DUMB MOTHER FUCKER Do you not know who Zhou Cheng is or the significance of casting him?
Zhou Cheng has killed the prior sixty Ironfists, He is one of the most deadly and skilled assassins in the world made to be a foil to the ironfist and the fact that he wasn't explicitly killed imply's he will be back and hey tumblr that means an actor of color is getting a re occurring role as a fucking bad ass.

What they really should do is double down on the mysticism and martial arts and just embrace the character and and stop worrying about trying to please everyone.
If they did that and actually developed Danny as the Iron Fist they could bring in the other Immortal weapons bring in some interesting, unique and powerful Asian characters.
Everybody wins.
>>
>>95099318
They were given about 15 minutes before the scene to learn the fight. There was no chance of a good fight scene.
Not saying Finn is any good, but I can't imagine anyone would have been able to salvage that
>>
Giving the role to a martial artist may fix the fight scene issues, but it wont fix the shows main issue of having awful writing and being rushed as fuck.
People like to blame Danny/Finn Jones for the failure of IF but really he was set up to fail from the beginning.
Also people like to ignore the fact that the showrunner of IF is the same person who was the showrunner of Dexter Season 8.
>>
>>95090430
I don't think making Danny Asian would've magically fixed all the show's problems. But it would've made his spiritual diatribes feel less like a hippy back from a gap year in Tibet, and would've probably lead to better-choreographed fight scenes, since the drunken henchman fight was the only fight in the whole show that was any good.

That being said, the directing and editing on those fights were still awful, so it may have just become a case of "these would be great fight scenes, if they'd let us see shit".
>>
>>95099223
>cultural appropriation.
Cultural appropriation is a meme that must die because all the cultures evolves and have influences from other cultures that surround them, just like you can see girls with jeans in Turkey or McDonald's in India, or ponchos in Mexico that comes from the Andes tribes from Peru
>>
Danny's casting was just about the least of the problems that show had
And even if Finn was shit, Danny still should have been played by a white man regardless
>>
>>95090650
Dumb cunts who have never read Iron Fist don't know this and refuse to accept it as fact.
>>
>>95099223

Actual martial artists don't give a shit about your bullcrap "cultural appropriation", they WANT knowledge of and appreciation for martial arts to spread.
>>
>>95099207
It would fix the lazy action scenes because he wouldn't have to learn martial arts 15 minutes before the scene because hes an actual martial artist.
>>
>>95099223

obviously you are fucking retarded because im not sure you can logically understand that he is WHITE in the comics. There are other iron fists that are asian but DANNY RAND is white as fuck. Get your bullshit pc shit outta here pussy.

We arent all nazis and your dumbass liberal bullshit will just lead us into a police state. Fucking stop breathing
>>
>>95099223
Chuck Norris is Asian because he is a master of martial arts.
>>
>>95090430
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKErzb4fnCM
>>
>>95090430
He doesn't fit Danny, sure, he's fit and knows martial arts, but he wouldn't be Danny.

I think there should be blueyed blode white dudes who are into martial arts and are as good of an actor as Lewis, where are they?
>>
>>95093925
>IF
>Greatest fighter of earth
So you never read IF
IF is in the top 10, but he isn't the best, Sang Chi is better, Spider-man after Spiderfu is better (as stated by Sang Chi), IF is probably the 6th better martial artis/fighter
>>
>>95101618
>white guys can't into martial arts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5wyQ5xsqug
>>
>People still think it was Finn's fault
God damn, I guess they white scapegoat really was the best scapegoat.
No, the problem with IF was the script, blame the writers who turned Danny into a retard, blame the producers who hired Finn literally weeks before filming what meant he couldn't train and get prepared for shit.
>>
>>95101792
Cultural appropiation
>>
>>95101823
and anotherone
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pe3u50AjNpU
>>
>>95101853
>>95101792
>>95101618
Sometimes I hate how flamboyan are the martial arts these people practice, remind me of the spinning is a good trick punch of IF in 1st season
>>
>>95090430
Counterargument:
They hired a black stunt woman for Deadpool2 even though she was illprepared instead of hiring someone better prepared, there're more white stunts, solely based on the character being black (in the movie not in the source material).
My point: Just because Lewis was better prepared doesn't mean he looks like Danny.
>>
I didn't see Iron Fist but I kind of liked Danny in defenders, he was a bit chunni and slightly retarded but that just made him look like the little brother of the group to me, it made his growing relationship with Luke more endearing to me.
>>
>>95101959
>Slightly retarded
I thought he was impulsive and immature, but not retarded (most of the time), he was 100% right when the group ganked him and was proved right, he was also right in the conversation with Luke and was proven when doing what Luke told him only made things worse
>>
Jesus christ /co/ falls for the dumbest bait these days
>>
>>95090650
Lewis Tan is half white, so they're not doing so bad
>>
>>95099245
>>95099308
>>95100370
>>95101105
>>95101469
>>95101568
You guys realize this is bait right
>>
>>95090569
I don't care about his race I just wanted a decent character played by a decent actor , he sure as shit wasn't it , party do you the writing and also his writing I hope they don't make season 2 of his bullshit show and bring back sense 8 .
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.