[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This was so forgettable.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: defenders-featured-image.jpg (122KB, 1024x640px) Image search: [Google]
defenders-featured-image.jpg
122KB, 1024x640px
This was so forgettable.
>>
Three years worth of build-up for this?
>>
Yet you remembered to make thread about it.
>>
>>95087320
It's... better than Iron Fist. All it made me me do was want more Daredevil and Luke Cage. Even more Jessica Jones would be good, but I'm not sure where you go with her now. Even most of their interactions with each other were nice.

The plot was just god awful; I seriously cannot believe it got put through. Everything that's been building up since DD season one is either still not explained or you wish it stayed a mystery.

-What the fuck was the Black Sky, and why was it so significant to The Hand? At the end of the day, it turned out to be Elektra, who merced Sigourney Weaver and then just continued her agenda anyway. The Black Sky was hyped up as this anti-Christ figure, but no dice here.

-Who was the mysterious Madam Gao? Just some immortal bitch who was homesick. There's no greater plan than that.

-What was in that hole the Hand was digging? Apparently some dragon bones to keep their immortality and resurrection gigs going. Also, a path to Kun L'un, I guess.

-The destruction of NYC is a byproduct of their digging; there's no real ideology or purpose for destroying the city. They just want them dragon bones. If this is an actual Hand prophecy, it's up there with Gulf oil spills.

-What exactly did Danny Rand contribute to this horseshit? He was The Chosen One, but Matt was the only guy that ever had a real handle on what was going on and how to deal with it. Danny also got kidnapped multiple times, and got tricked into punching a magic wall. Fuck him.

-Apparently, the writers in charge of Defenders never got any notes the Daredevil and Iron Fist writers had, so they were forced to make shit up to get this show out on time and under-budget. That makes sense, but man, what a missed opportunity.
>>
I liked it.

Dare Devil > Iron Fist = Luke Cage > Jessica Jones
>>
>>95087320
The girl they got for Jessica Jones is very unattractive.
>>
>>95088880
I don't think Jessica Jones is supposed to be attractive.
>>
The fact that the Hand became a generic evil company and so many plotlines were dropped pissed me off so much.
>>
>>95088905
Tell that to bendis
>>
>>95087320

Here's to hoping they don't fuck up The Punisher.
>>
This is just like a supergroup album by music artists that you like and some you tolerate but the end product only has some good passages.

None of the songs really grooves and everything seems hastily put together without blending.
The individual artists styles are crammed in forcefully and in a hamfisted way.
>>
>>95088629
Good taste.
>>
>>95087320
it was alright. suffered from weak villains, which is a shame because even Iron Fist had decent villains. It was alright though. I'd say the third best Netflix MCU show.
>>
The only good part was when Iron Fist and Luke Cage beat up a board of directors. Yet still they somehow set themselves to cut away.
>>
>>95087320
You should't be using words if you don't know what they mean, kid.
>>
I'm still mad that the Kingpin wasn't the main villain or even in it at all.
>>
Why didn't they give Ironfister as costume in the end? Shouldn't he be wearing a mask since he is the head of a huge company?
>>
>>95087320
At least was better than LC
>>
>>95089292
He tells everyone he meets that he's Danny Rand the Iron Fist. He's not exactly a secret identity kind of guy at any point.
>>
>>95088880
Strongly disagree.
>>
>>95087320
The frustrating part about watching the show for me was that if the writing was just a bit better, if the acting was just a bit better, if the directing was just a bit better, if the fight choreography was just a bit better it'd be a solid show. Every element of the show is just slightly not good enough.
>>
DD1 was a fluke in terms of how good it was, everything else is just plain trash.

Kilgrave and Cottonmouth were decent but it does not matter when everyone else is a joke.
>>
>>95089766
Everything else is just "plain trash", but then you give two examples of great characters. Is it that hard to accept that something can have good parts and bad parts at the same time? You don't need to decide if everything is either good or utter garbage. It can be a bit of both.

Life is a lot less miserable when you don't have to convince yourself that anything with flaws is terrible.
>>
>>95087320
I really thought everything in the shows was leading to some kind of confrontation with Roxxon. But nope, wrong, HAND. Totally the hand.
>>
>>95087320
Just reminded me how much more I want to see of Daredevil. Jessica was fun too.
>>
>>95087320
Some questions:

>Why did the Hand need the substance to come back to life each time they died? Didn't Harold Meachum come back all on his own the second time he died?
>Did the writers forget JJ can jump really high? It could have helped in a few situations
>If Elektra and other Hand goons were strong enough to hurt LC, shouldn't their punches have crushed the rest of the team's bones?
>What made Elektra so special that she was worth using the last of the substance? We never really see her do anything other Hand ninjas couldn't
>Whatever happened to Stone?
>>
there powerset is too similar. they all just punch stuff
>>
File: 1440436407167.jpg (57KB, 500x365px) Image search: [Google]
1440436407167.jpg
57KB, 500x365px
Has there ever been a good cape show?

Daredevil S1 was the closest, I think, but even that was pretty eh.
>>
>>95087320
Straight up Daredevil and his Not So Super Friends.

A boring black guy who really wishes he wasn't there and still can't buy ninjas in a world where alien invasion happened and fucking Thor is real.

A not as strong as the black guy chick who wishes she wasn't there and can't buy into ninja crap in a world where alien invasion happened and giant green man ruined Harlem.

And a guy Netflix refuses to write likable who is essentially MCU's Aquaman at this point. Actually cool, but they can't show or explain why even if it would kill them.
>>
>>95090376
>Did the writers forget JJ can jump really high? It could have helped in a few situations
She threw Murdock off with it when he was tailing her.

They didn't forget, they just don't have the budget to show it like Agents of Shield have.

>If Elektra and other Hand goons were strong enough to hurt LC, shouldn't their punches have crushed the rest of the team's bones?
Only Elektra and Murakami did any visible harm to Luke. They are probably ambiguously slightly super strong, it doesn't make sense, her heel is more effective on him than her swords.

>What made Elektra so special that she was worth using the last of the substance? We never really see her do anything other Hand ninjas couldn't
DON'T YOU GET IT, SHE'S THE BLACK SKY "there's no need for explanations" - the Black Sky
>>
>>95088538
>What the fuck was the Black Sky, and why was it so significant to The Hand?
as far as I can tell, it's supposed to be something of their version of the Iron Fist

as a concept, I'd argue that it works great in terms of thematic contrast. it's a warrior who can pick up any weapon or martial art naturally vs a warrior who must train his whole life and constantly prove himself. on top of that, one's comes from the heavens and it appears that the other is only earthborn

and as characters, danny and elektra are very similar. both were taken in and trained by masters, both rebelled against them in varying degrees, both sought to get some portion of a normal life, and both end up gaining a new life with their respective organizations
>>
>>95089228
it's debatable whether he'd be a good fit
when it's just against Matt, I can see it. hell, even against Danny, it could work as something like him trying to take over his company

but against Jessica and Luke? they'd throw him around like he's nothing
>>
File: 268.jpg (42KB, 600x728px) Image search: [Google]
268.jpg
42KB, 600x728px
>>95088880
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.