[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Relationships in the big two

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: you_call_that_a_dick.jpg (137KB, 630x475px) Image search: [Google]
you_call_that_a_dick.jpg
137KB, 630x475px
Hello there, /co/. I've been reading comics for the last couple of years.I mostly started with dc, both current runs and good old ones and lately I've been reading some marvel (x-men, ff4, old stuff, because the current ones are shit)
I've been noticing a trend and I want your opinion, maybe it's just me. But aren't the guys, when they're interacting with a woman a bit whipped? It's more visible in marvel, than in dc.
Like, when a hero and a heroine are arguing, only the heroine will be abrasive to the guy, not the other way around (though guys can be to each other).
If there's an argument and one leaves angrily it's the guy that'll be the one following apologetically, not the other way around.
If there's a "not real but watch your tone" threat of physical violence, it can be from a man to another, from a woman to a man, but never from a man to a woman.
And if there's a case of minor hit in the heat of an argument, it'd almost always be woman hitting a guy.

Is it just me? Am I just seeing things? Or are comic men, at least in the last 2-3 decades kinda wimps, in their personal relationships with the supergals?
>>
That's been a thing in media for decades as well as real life. There's been an extreme stigma with it since the 60's and women's lib because there's the abuse undertone.

It'll be a long time before you see it the other way around again.

To be fair, though, Lois being abrasive and bullying Clark has been a thing for her entire existence.
>>
>>95086932
Ye, there's obviously not an issue with individual relationships, like lois being who she is and clark acting as a soft guy, or namor who licks susan's heels.
The issue is when you look at the overall picture, or worse, how someone like mr schnickt reacts to being shittalked by a guy as opposed to by a woman. Superheroes are pussywhipped.
>>
>>95086859
It is hard to make a female love interest to a superpowered demigod seem particularly interesting if they aren't played as somewhat wearing the pants of the relationship. When one guy's got all the zany powers the girl needs a strong personality to even matter, lest you get the worst of the silver age damsel in distress style "heroines"

It's just always been a trope when the main character's a dude and you need the girl to stand out. It's a bit exacerbated in comics because everything is.
>>
>>95087471
It's not like they're not usually both superpowered though. And it happens a lot in groups between people who aren't fucking too.
>>
>>95086859
Lois even from her first appearance didn't put up with Clarks shit
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.