[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hanazuki YouTube Ratings?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: Hanazuki Ratings.png (48KB, 844x444px) Image search: [Google]
Hanazuki Ratings.png
48KB, 844x444px
Hey /co/. So I've found myself struggling with a bit of a mystery here. I'm a fan of Friendship is Magic and today I decided, very much on a whim, to look up what Dave Polsky had gotten up to since he stopped writing for that show. Through that, I discovered Hanazuki. Having watched up to episode seven, I've come to the conclusion that it's neither terrible 'nor God's gift to mankind.

But here's what I don't understand. Every single episode of the show has been uploaded to YouTube by Hasbro's official YouTube account... and all of then have _terrible_ ratings by YouTube standards, generally ranging from about 20% to 30% disapproval... Here are the steps I have taken to try and find out why:

1: Reading the comments. Nope, almost all of them are positive. But hey, maybe Hasbro prunes negative comments from their videos. That would make sense.
2: Checking its IMDB score. Nope, it's 8.9/10.
3: Checking what 4chan has been saying about it. Nope, archived Hanazuki threads from here in /co/ seem mostly positive as well.
4: In desperation, typing "Hanazuki sucks" into Google. Nothing.

So yeah, I'm at a loss here. Can someone explain this to me?

Pic related: Three of the more egregious examples, including episode 7 which is the first episode that attempts to seriously advance the plot. And yet it's among the worst-rated. I'm utterly baffled.
>>
>>95081626
It was Barneyfag!
>>
Doesn't matter, even if your conspiracy theory is right and Hasbro is tanking the likes on purpose the dislikes still contribute to the algorithm. Even if a video is disliked by a good portion of people that inputs still bumps it up further on people's recommendations and feeds almost as much as a like does which makes it more visible.
>>
It's just babies under 6 y/o clicking things randomly
>>
>>95081723

What conspiracy theory? All I said was that I was baffled by the number of dislikes considering I can't seem to find major negative reactions to this show anywhere and was wondering if any of you had an explanation. That's all.
>>
>>95081808
Here's the explanation: the Hasbro YT channel attracted a lot of bots that automatically leave dislikes whenever a new video is uploaded. These bots exist because people hate the bronies a lot.
>>
>>95081754
>your 6 y/o has an ipad
what's wrong with the world again?
>>
>>95081842

Well I'm not sure I believe the anti-Brony aspect, but bots I _could_ actually believe because it seems like videos on that channel with tens of millions of views and videos with not very many views at all don't have many dislikes, while ones in the middle (where Hanazuki episodes lie) seem to get lots of downthumbs almost regardless of content.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.