[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If anyone's still playing DCUO, they just released Water powers.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: Water.jpg (18KB, 350x197px) Image search: [Google]
Water.jpg
18KB, 350x197px
If anyone's still playing DCUO, they just released Water powers.
>>
I thought they cancelled this.
>>
File: 1439691098388.gif (538KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1439691098388.gif
538KB, 320x240px
>>95079273
Damn, I haven't been on in over a year. Finally got Water, huh? Just in time for Aquaman's big screen debut, surely not a coincidence. Did they ever release a Super Strength set or is it still just rolled into other things?
>>
>>95079571
Bane-steroids were scrapped. You get Atomic, Guns, and Water instead.
>>
>>95079273
I didn't even know this was still around
>>
>>95079542
I think you're confusing it for the MOBA. That one's dead on arrival.
>>
>>95079273
man, i used to love this game, but i had no friends to play with and now there's barely anyone playing it anyway. Shame
>>
No reason to play this, the way fighting works in this game is fucking atrocious and the storylines don't make sense either.
>>
>>95081268
Still better than Marvel Heroes desu
>>
>>95079273
that's nice, >>>/v/
>>
>>95079273
do you still have to pay for powersets, or did they fix that?
>>
I stopped playing when you needed the DLCs to be powerful. Up until DLC 5, you could go into the PVP server and hang with the best if you knew how to play, even if you had no PVP gear. I remember the huge hero vs villains fights that would pop up everywhere because anyone could be competitive. Once they started introducing DLC only mechanics, the game took a freefall into irrelevancy. I logged back in recently to see how bad it was. Metropolis and Gotham were ghost towns, it was really sad.
>>
Why is DCUO so repetitive with their mentor quest?

>Get a mission
>Fight someone
>Retrieve something
>plant/decode/investigate something
>Report back to some hero
>Go to some lair that has you do one of these
>Report back to hero
>Go to the final lair
>Your allies are complete fodder and are instantly stronger than before when the villain controls them
>Hero shows up when 99% of the mission is complete
>Have them help by taking the enemy's health inch by inch
>Usually have them cause even more trouble by falling for a trap and getting mind controlled/weakened/power drained
>Defeat enemy
>Cutscene
>Repeat

And why does everyone die the same way? Except for unique cases like bosses, everyone else died on their side...in the same pose...every single one of them...That was also repetitive.
>>
Not even this can save a dead game

Imiss city of heroes
>>
>>95079273
Instead of an MMO I'd love a game that was more of a superhero sandbox.

You create your hero(es) and then get adventure in the major comicbook city against randomly generated crimes and disasters.
You'd be able to make multiple heroes to have active in the world and form them into custom Super Teams.
You could create your own villains/monsters to have threaten the gameworld too with the option to set any particular villain as a nemesis to a hero which would cause them to encounter each other more or in special circumstances.
>>
>>95079273
Not much of an MMO guy, but a week or two ago my LCS was putting comics in bags with a code for a free starter pack. I was mostly surprised to find out that this is still a thing, but it also got me a bit interested in trying it. Is it worth checking out?
>>
>>95083545
It's enjoyable until you get to about level 30 where you literally cannot progress any further without paying for loads of DLC
>>
Starro event this spring was their most played event ever. They're doing surprisingly well in the numbers department. Having Per Degaton in the last DLC didn't hurt either. Man-Bat is in the next DLC and earth-3 is in the one after
>>
File: Energyx.png (192KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Energyx.png
192KB, 640x480px
freedom fighters anyone?
>>
>>95079273
Totally. I've been wanting to make an atlantean vigilante with hidrokinesis since day one.
>>
>>95079571
I think it is a perk. It makes you able to lift cars and stuff.
>>
>>95081268
literally is the only MMORPG combat mechanic I can stand. Instead of click, casting and wait for refresh, you actually fight. You can melee, stand back and shoot, use the environment as weapons, guard...
>>
>>95083290
that's far more interesting than the classic WoW mission.
>>
>>95086676
It was....Till it got boring.
>>
>>95086885
I 30'ed my main hero and yes, at the end you either fall in love with the mmorpg experience by itself, or you end up getting bored. But I see that's the quintaesential problem with mmorpgs, even though they are developed trying to appeal the masses, at the end they are, let's be clear, a pretty boring and repetitive game with a small solid fanbase that love it due to their personal bonds and eperiences.
And, me being the first, I was amazing how late I get bored with DCUO, to the point of visiting it from time to time just to experience the world and stuff.
That's why I considered it the best mmorpg I've played to date.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.